Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hedgehogs at Risk

4 posters

Go down

Hedgehogs at Risk Empty Hedgehogs at Risk

Post  littlewid Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:56 am

I heard about this on Radio 2 yesterday whilst driving to London. It would be such a shame to loose the Hedgehog and the other 9 species that are at risk.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/8696170/Hedgehogs-may-become-extinct-within-15-years.html

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hedgehogs at Risk Empty Re: Hedgehogs at Risk

Post  Doogs Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:24 am

It certainly would LW Crying or Very sad Such a shame there are so many species in decline.

I was amazed to read about 50,000 hedgehogs a year are run over by motorists affraid Crying or Very sad
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:58 pm

Doogs I can well believe that number. I see so many poor Hedgehogs that have been run over. My sister and I were talking about this yesterday and we wished there was some kind of force field that didn't hurt the animals but stopped them from crossing the road, especially main roads. It's really horrible to see them lying in the road, I wished they were an animal that had more road sense.

There was also something on the radio this evening on the Alan Carr Chatty Man show about weird things people had eaten and I was shocked to hear that some people had eaten Hedgehog, that then led on to the Carnivor restaurant in Nairobi where you can eat any animal as long as it's not on the endangered list.......hearing it didn't go down too well with me being a veggie and animal lover......who virtually crys at hearing about animals being eaten Sad Embarassed

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:12 pm

I read about this in the Daily Express on Friday, and tried to find it omline, but no luck. So I've scanned it, this was the news piece about our Animals
Hedgehogs at Risk Img11

Sorry its not very clear, but it gives some idea of the problems our wildlife face
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:25 pm

It all makes for very sad reading doesn't it WS and goes to show we really need to protect and look after our wildlife before it's too late.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:38 am

I don't recommend Carnivore in Nairobi - as you say you can eat anything! Sad to say the first time I went on riding safari many years back I went with the person I was with. I am not a huge meat eater and it didn't go down too well with me what was available!

So sad about the hedgehog - as you say so many squashed on the road, that also goes for badgers and foxes Sad

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down