Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams

+3
whitestarling
Laikipia
princesspurplehippy
7 posters

Page 7 of 26 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 26  Next

Go down

Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 7 Empty Re: Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams

Post  whitestarling Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:06 pm

Just managed to catch the Cub, after it stopped for some food
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 7 Wa263
Thanks for the tip off LW. You got some good pics there

Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 7 Wa1105

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 7 Empty Re: Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams

Post  littlewid Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:08 pm

Those two are brilliant WS, it has been a hive of activity there tonight and I see Simon King predicted it would be a good night as the rain had now stopped, he was right, between us we have some good captures of the family.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue May 01, 2012 8:00 am

WOW Brilliant Littlewid and WS, great that you got the fox family at last, I must check the cam around that time now.

Re the #3 chick he is still alive but missed out on the latest feed - I guess it's a matter of time now, but it is painful to watch while the other 2 who are very lively trample all over him.

They are all quiet now so can't see what's happening.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue May 01, 2012 8:07 am

A couple of more Fox Cub pics from last night
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 7 Wa265

Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 7 Wa334

The three Chicks this morning were making a lot of noise. There's one dominant one thats always pushing the second one, and unfortunatly the thrid one gets flattened all the time, but it was still moving and lifting its head this morning. Them M/D came in, and started brooding them
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 7 Wa423

It's raing quite hard again, I think it's a question of how much food they can bring in, for the survival of the 3rd one, in this kind of weather

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue May 01, 2012 8:36 am

Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 7 768480 Great fox cub photos WS.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue May 01, 2012 11:09 am

Thanks Lai, but it was really thanks to LW that I got them. She tipped me off in a PM that the family were there. She got the family pics, and while she was posting them the family went off, but this Cub decided to stop, and play on its own.

I'm afraid its looking really bad now for the 3rd Chick, there's been plenty of food coming in. This is the latest feed,Tom the teircel brought food in, and past it to Charlie, the two stongets chicks were feeding straight away, the 3rd was again underneath them. Eventualy it managed to struggle from underneath as they moved forward to get fed, but that seems to have taken all its strengh away, and it just lay there, unable to move round to get any. This is really sad to see, the only positive thing is the other two are fit, and have a better chance of survival, being only two. I just hope its over soon now for the 3rd one, andd it does'nt suffer more than it should do
The teircel is just on the left of the pic taking off after dropping the food
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 7 Wa266
The two feeding
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 7 Wa1106
The 3rd one has just struggled free
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 7 Wa267

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue May 01, 2012 12:52 pm

Thanks WS. I've just had a look and 2 are looking good underneath the parent but #3 look flat and isnt moving Sad I know it is nature but it is sad to watch.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue May 01, 2012 2:10 pm

Wonderful Fox captures WS and LW - they cubs are adorable I love you

Poor little chick Crying or Very sad
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue May 01, 2012 7:13 pm

Fox on cam now but can't post photo for some reason What a Face Shocked it's asleep on the roof of the shed? I think.

I'll save it and post it tomorrow if forum lets me.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue May 01, 2012 10:38 pm

LW was having the same problem as you Lai, around the same time, proberbly updating. One tip if the post reply page comes up with just an A above the page, and no icons, try clicking the preview button
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue May 01, 2012 10:46 pm

Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 7 768480 Seems we might be having a bit of a miracle. There are reports that the 3 Chick is feeding, and feeding well, on the last feed it got as much as the others. With the better weather there has been a lot of food coming in, and that was critical, because as the others are to full to eat, it gives the 3rd one a better chance of getting its share. It appears it looks like it prefers to feed later than the others, especialy in the early evening. Just shows Never say Never
affraid This is the third time I've updated this post. Goto stop watching What a Face
Apparently the 3rd Chick is being called Little Dude, untill its named. Been watching for ages, as Charlie is having a job covering all 3, and I finaly managed to get a shot of all three underneath her, all 3 are quite active
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 7 Wa273

Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 7 Wa1108

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed May 02, 2012 5:42 am

WS that is brilliant news bounce I didn't look in yesterday as I couldn't bear to see the little chick suffer anymore, so this is great that things seem to have turned around, it's such a relief and I will surely be looking in on them tonight.
Thanks for the great news.
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed May 02, 2012 7:56 am

The first feed this morning was brought in by Tom, just after 6-30am
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 7 Wa274
Charlie did'nt start to break it up for about 20mins before starting the feeding. At the start Little Dude (Got to use a name cant keep saying it) was stuck behind the other two
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 7 Wa336
but was fighting to get in, and over the other two, and was really battleing away to get in, showing a lot more strengh
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 7 Wa424
Started to get some morsels, and even pinched some out of the beak of one of the others. Charlie then moved the carcass out of site, perhaps to get some herself
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 7 Wa519
Then she brought it back, and started to make a determined effort to feed Little Dude excluding the others, its the first time I've seen her really taking notice to the extent that she gently removed a feather stuck in its beak. So Little Dude got a good feed in the end, and although still smaller, is looking a lot stronger, and fighting to get the food needed to survive.
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 7 Wa617

I've pressed that refresh button that many times in the last few hours, I think I need one myself Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 7 40683

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed May 02, 2012 8:20 am

Thanks WS - you've done a good vigil looking at the cam today.

First thing I did this morning was check on #3 aka Little Dude, such a relief to know he is okay and fighting for his share of the food now. Honestly yesterday I thought that was it for him he was so flat and squashed looking What a Face

They are all quite quiet now, just the odd bit of fluff sticking out from under Charlie.

This is from last night (which for some reason I couldn't post) Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 7 Mwsna119 lovely to finally see a fox in Gill's garden.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed May 02, 2012 11:45 am

Thats a really great shot Lai, lovely to see it fast asleep like that, must have felt really safe.
Re posting pics. I said earlier, but you must have missed it. It was doing the same for LW around the same time. I think its the site updating, I've had the same a couple of times. One tip, if the reply page is just showing an A, but no icons try clicking the preview button
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed May 02, 2012 3:37 pm

Thanks WS. It was the 'host an image' icon, when I clicked on it I couldn't access the normal bit to link a photo. Probably updating and a glitch as you say What a Face

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed May 02, 2012 4:51 pm

Feeding time just now

Little Dude #3 is up but missing out What a Face Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 7 Mwsna121 Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 7 Mwsna122

Lai Shocked
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed May 02, 2012 4:58 pm

Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 7 71418 Just watched #3 Little Dude feeding - what a relief, Charlie is so gentle with it and really seems to be trying to get it to feed. Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 7 Mwsna123

Whatever she has in the nest it's quite a tasty looking meal for them.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed May 02, 2012 10:28 pm

Been round my mums this evening so not had chance to catch up on the cams. Thanks WS and Lai for the updates and pics and great to know Little Dude is feeding and that Charlie is being really gentle and positive to him, that is really good news.

Lovely pic of the fox in Gills garden yesterday Lai, what an amazing capture that is and as WS says, he must feel so safe to be sleeping outside.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu May 03, 2012 8:18 am

Just checked on our Perigrin family, could'nt get a pic Charlie had just finished feeding them and was brooding the 3. One report said Little Dude had learnt to get to the front, so he must have got some food
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu May 03, 2012 8:22 am

Also just had a look WS. All quiet now and it's such great news to know that Little Dude is getting fed now Very Happy

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu May 03, 2012 4:42 pm

Charlie is brooding them at the moment but you can just see a bundle of fluff poking out from underneath her.
Great that Little Dude is still feeding and fighting his way to the front cheers
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 7 Mwsna179
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu May 03, 2012 5:02 pm

Thanks Littlewid. It's just the best news that all 3 are now feeding properly.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu May 03, 2012 5:26 pm

It really is good that they are all feeding now Lai and hopefully we can relax a little over Little Dude.
All is quiet in Gills garden at the moment, maybe there will be some little fox activity later this evening.
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 7 Mwsna181
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri May 04, 2012 8:16 am

Sadly we decided to go to the gym so I didnt get to check any of the cams last night What a Face

Gill's garden is so pretty with or without the foxes Very Happy

All well with Charlie, Tom and the 3 chicks - they've grown so much, couldn't get a good shot though What a Face

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 26 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 26  Next