Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams

+3
whitestarling
Laikipia
princesspurplehippy
7 posters

Page 15 of 26 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 26  Next

Go down

Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 15 Empty Re: Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams

Post  whitestarling Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:11 am

Wow they have really grown LW. Thanks for checking in on them
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 15 Empty Re: Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams

Post  Laikipia Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:18 pm

cheers Littlewid - they are huge!

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:39 pm

Looks as though Petunia goes of feeding late at night as she is not there again this evening. The Chicks are on their own but facing the other way tonight and there is a lot of noise in the garden someone is sure fiddling about round there but the chicks look fine and they look even bigger than the other night, they are doing well.
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 15 Mwsna416
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:27 am

Their growing rate is phenomenal - I wonder how long they take to fledge? Great to see them, thanks Littlewid.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:31 pm

In daylight you can really see how they have grown, they almost look like adults. Apparantly they are called squabs and squabs can sometimes be bigger than the parents when they fledge, at first I almost thought these two were the parents.
Wood Pigeons leave the nest at about 30days old Lai, so we have been watching these again since the 2nd of July so we may have 4 days left or it could be less or maybe just a couple of days longer.
Here are the chicks just now.
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 15 Mwsna417
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:10 pm

Petunia is back and she has just been feeding the chicks, she does this by regurgitating food for them.
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 15 Mwsna418
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 15 Mwsna419
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 15 Mwsna420
The chick on the left has been doing a little bit of wingercising this evening Very Happy
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:30 pm

WOW That's gone quickly Littlewid. Thanks for letting me know it's 30 days. They are magnificent now and so big, also good to know they are called squabs - a great name.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:56 pm

WOW LW they are massive, looks like they are not going to be us long, the time has really flown on this family it does'nt seem that long since we first started watching them. Thanks for keeping your eye on them for us LW
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:37 pm

It's really worth watching these 4 video clips of a little badger called 'Hope' - totally amazing.

http://www.wildlifewhisperer.tv/videos/

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:46 pm

Well if these are our same chicks they have grown massivley in the last couple of days, they almost look like mum and dad sitting here but i'm sure it's not as the chicks haven't fledged yet.
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 15 Mwsna421

Just going to check out the Badger clip Lai Very Happy

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:40 pm

Lai what an amazing set of videos, I was just in my element watching them they are just so very special and it was fantastic to see how well hope had done and to see her and the rest of the cubs from being so tiny wothout their eyes open to the huge bundles of badger they had become at the end was just staggering. Secret world do an outstanding job and they are also so very incredibly responsible for only putting wild badgers back that are TB free plys vaccinating them for other diseases that they may contract and micro chipping them. Can't think or talk about them more highly and I will be donating to them for their teaching hospital.

On the other side, I wished those clips could be played to the Government in the hope it will stop this inane cull that they so desperately want, it could really help to change their minds.

Thanks so much for those clips, i'm sure I will be watching them all over again and if you guys have a spare 40 or so minutes, please watch them, you'll love them.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:47 pm

Thanks for the Video links Lai, I will have to watch them in the week. Flippin Eck LW have you been feeding them steroids Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 15 40683
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:02 pm

I agree Littlewid, the clips are magical and if the government dept. and the powers that be watched them they might learn something. Looking forward to Mike filming part 5.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:44 pm

Looking forward to video 5 too bounce

I am gutted, with my pc plying up I have missed our chicks fledging, we have an empty nest but the cm is still on so I am not sure if they will return or not.
Lets hope our chicks do well and Petunia too, I shall miss them.
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 15 Mwsna422
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:32 pm

Mrs S said she read in the paper a couple of weeks ago, that somebody asked why dont you ever see a Baby Pigeon, now we know why. By the time they fledge they are as big as the adults
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:00 am

affraid I missed them too Littlewid - what a shame!

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:41 pm

Thats right WS as I found in the info I posted the chicks are often bigger than the parents when they fledge, which is quite so going really.

It is a rel shame we missed them Lai but at least we do know they did really well and I am sure they will be fine......would have just loved to have seen them go but now I must concentrate on Badger cam and our Foxes again Very Happy

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:13 am

I have to confess I am slacking with the cams at the moment - the olympics have taken over Laughing

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:06 pm

Im slacking big time too Lai due to the Olympics and this silly pc but also Sparkles was on my pc the other day and hit the Mwsnap and sent it skitty and now I cant take photo's, I need to download it again I think, I can get the box to take pics up but the whole box is just full of grey lines so its been a little screwed up I think, so piccy taking is off for me until I can get it sorted.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:06 pm

lol! Sparkles - what a complete Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven he is.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:44 pm

You sure those grey lines ar'nt Spakles hairs on the camera lens LW. Try giving it a wipe. lol!
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:07 pm

Haven't checked these cams in a while so thought I would check out our city fox cam. Pickle is still around but no this afternoon, the roof is empty but I will be checking this one more often now. I will post the link to this cam as well.
http://www.wildlifewhisperer.tv/live-cams/1383
Wildlife Whisperer aka Simon King Cams - Page 15 Mwsna105
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:53 pm

Let me know if anything goods going on LW, nd I'll try to get some vids
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:23 am

Thanks for checking Littlewid. I check this and Mike's badger cam but on my mobile as my laptop is a pain with the WW cams!

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:32 pm

Only movement at the moment is some birds . . . .
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 26 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 26  Next