Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

School tv programme which made me love raptors (especially Peregrines)

3 posters

Go down

School tv programme which made me love raptors (especially Peregrines) Empty School tv programme which made me love raptors (especially Peregrines)

Post  princesspurplehippy Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:07 pm

I love raptors and I can trace it back to sitting down in an uncomfortable tv room floor in my junior school in the 80s watching this programme

http://www.broadcastforschools.co.uk/site/Look_and_Read/Sky_Hunter#.TnePxglVkSA.facebook

I wish there was some footage but its taken me at least 5 months to find out the name and a synopsis but the general plot is a bunch of kids thwarting the plans of some mean (but stupid) bad guys who catch and sell live Peregrines and their eggs.

This programme also started my life long love of nature and my campaigning to save it from the damage that human kind does to it. Who said tv programmes for schools were a waste of time and money :)
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

School tv programme which made me love raptors (especially Peregrines) Empty Re: School tv programme which made me love raptors (especially Peregrines)

Post  littlewid Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:45 pm

Lovely that you got to watch some wildlife programmes at school PPH. I can't remember seeing any at all, it was all watching french and history programmes. It would have been lovely to have been encouraged to love wildlife at such an early age and also learn about the different animals. Thankfully I had parents that encouraged that and realised my love of animals.
I know my little neice does all sorts of projects at school that are all about learning the different animal species, they have just done a big project on the rainforest and they also have weeks where pets can be brought in and they have to explain how the pet is looked after and the health and welfare of the animal. She is nearly 9 and a huge animal lover and although there is time for change, she wants to be a vet, but that has been her statement for the last two years, so who knows Very Happy
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

School tv programme which made me love raptors (especially Peregrines) Empty Re: School tv programme which made me love raptors (especially Peregrines)

Post  whitestarling Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:20 pm

Thats brilliant PPH. We did'nt have the opportunity of anything like that. It's a shame you ca'nt find any footage, and thats one school programe that did deliver the goods
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down