Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa, Zambia

+3
Doogs
Anne-Marie1981
Laikipia
7 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa, Zambia - Page 3 Empty Re: Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa, Zambia

Post  Doogs Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:48 pm

Well at long last I'm catching up with your photos from Zambia Lai Pai.

Stunning Elephant behind and lion cub on the 1st page

I see you were speaking about RAW pictures, that is what Ian was advised to do in 2009 so all his safari pictures from that year and this year are in RAW. I know they take up much more space on your memory cards so you don't get as much photos on them. Apparently it is easier to edit your photos in RAW format - how though I'm not enitrely sure !! scratch Laughing

Oh my goodness your lioness and her little ones are just adorable on page 2. The cubs are tiney I love you I love you

Wonderful shot of the Carmine Bee Eater with its snack Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa, Zambia - Page 3 71418

Ooooh a one day old Impala I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you

Never heard of or seen a White Crowned Lapwing (Plover) before - beautiful shot of a beautiful bird Like a Star @ heaven

Again I've never heard of a Crawshay's zebra - love that tail Wink :)

Great selection of birds on 3rd page Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa, Zambia - Page 3 853843

Lots and lots of Elephant behind on Page 4 Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa, Zambia - Page 3 71418

Absolutely brilliant photos Lai Pai, really enjoyed looking at tthem No wonder you took so much with all that available to photograph Very Happy From your photos it certainly shows that you had a wonderful time, I'm very much liking the look of Zambia. Thanks so much for sharing these with us xx Hugs Group Hug Hug
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa, Zambia - Page 3 Empty Re: Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa, Zambia

Post  Laikipia Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:24 pm

Very Happy Thanks Doogs. A pleasure to share them, I am still going to post some more but not sure when as the week is flying by and it's only Tuesday scratch

Zambia certainly was different to Kenya but just as wonderful. I think one of the best things was being close to the river, so much life goes on there so there was always something to look at, also perfect for sundowners of course drunken

I forgot to mention that one of our guides was called Manda he was the winner of the Wanderlust guide competition when we all voted for Jackson. He was absolutely superb, knowledgeable on everything and everyone and always able to get you into a good position for a photo opportunity. All out great guy - I will post a photo soon.

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:24 pm

Those have just made me Very Happy Lai Pai. they are magnificent but my favs are definiately the ele feet, like you I am so struck by their feet, then the baby sleeping and also the baby looking under his mums tum, just gorgeous pictures I love you
Also the ele in the swamp is fascinating, it makes me smile that the ele looks as though he is sinking in it but the birds and monkey look as though they are walking on water.
A great selection and so look forward to the next ones Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa, Zambia - Page 3 853843

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:20 pm

Lovely photos LP. Really good to see the Elle's, and I have to agree, the lttle sleeping Elle, and the Feet are my favourites to. Thanks for sharing
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:31 am

Thanks Littlewid and WS - those birds are right there with the eles amazing just how close they get and don't get flattened!

I haven't posted any giraffe photos yet so will do that today, another species in Zambia called Thorneycroft. So that'll be later along with anything else I haven't covered.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:14 pm

Anxiously awaiting the pics Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa, Zambia - Page 3 853843 Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa, Zambia - Page 3 768480 i'm loving all these photo's Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa, Zambia - Page 3 768480

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:25 pm

May be Friday now, we're off to a wedding in Cumbria tomorrow ................. cheers

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:46 pm

I will just have to practise my patience Lai Pai Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa, Zambia - Page 3 40683 Have a lovely time at the wedding and I hope the weather is kind to the Bride & Groom.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:14 pm

A few more for the weekend - one morning we took time out from game viewing and went to visit the local Chiwawatala basic school in Mfuwe. Driving from the National Park we drove through the town and passed the best bra shop I've ever seen.

Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa, Zambia - Page 3 Mfuwe100
Every colour, shape and size

Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa, Zambia - Page 3 Mfuwe101

Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa, Zambia - Page 3 Mfuwe102
Some of the beautifully made houses

Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa, Zambia - Page 3 Mfuwe103
Flame creeper tree outside the school

Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa, Zambia - Page 3 Mfuwe104
No one could tell me the name of this but it was a lovely big tree

Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa, Zambia - Page 3 Mfuwe105

Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa, Zambia - Page 3 Mfuwe106

Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa, Zambia - Page 3 Mfuwe107
The children are given one meal a day at school. Maize meal being cooked.

Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa, Zambia - Page 3 Mfuwe108

Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa, Zambia - Page 3 Mfuwe109
This lady was carrying fresh water from the pump

Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa, Zambia - Page 3 Mfuwe110

Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa, Zambia - Page 3 Mfuwe111

The children all love having their photos taken and can't wait to see themselves, - they are just such fun and the younger ones walked round with us whilst the head teacher showed us round. Mfuwe Lodge pay for 4 teachers, the school has around 700 pupils, so half go in the morning and half in the afternoon. It was such a great visit and I was so pleased to have taken some bit and pieces for them for their prize giving at the end of term.

Back to wildlife next time ........

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:33 pm

Bet you thought my cup runneth over when you saw that LP Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa, Zambia - Page 3 40683 . It's great to see the children, and the school. It makes you realise how different our worlds are, and it was really good of you to take stuff to the children, and also see how happy they look to see visitors.Looking forward to more wildlife
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:59 pm

What gorgeous children they are Lai Pai, they looked very happy and cheeky too Very Happy bet they were pleased with the things you took them too. The houses are lovely but I wonder how we would fair living in them all the time, I bet they are not as materialistic as we all can be at times.
Loving the bra shop, they could give La Senza a run for their money Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa, Zambia - Page 3 40683
That Flame Creeper is stunning, so colourful, it's beautiful.
Gorgeous pictures and it's nice to see real life as well as the wildlife Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa, Zambia - Page 3 853843

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:56 pm

Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa, Zambia - Page 3 40683 WS - you get me every time Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa, Zambia - Page 3 71418

I think you are so right Littlewid, we wouldn't survive long without missing all our home comforts and material things. And yes they were wonderful and very cheeky, until the head teacher said back to class and then with no messing they went - ummmmmmmm our kids could learn from that!

I'll sort the rest of the wildlife photos Sunday/Monday Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa, Zambia - Page 3 45922

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:59 pm

Just a handful for today.

Giraffe drinking
Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa, Zambia - Page 3 Mfuwe112

A tower of giraffe - these are Thorneycroft giraffe
Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa, Zambia - Page 3 Mfuwe113

"Are you looking at me"?
Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa, Zambia - Page 3 Mfuwe114

Mother and young baby
Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa, Zambia - Page 3 Mfuwe115

It's a slow process to lie down
Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa, Zambia - Page 3 Mfuwe116

"Got it" - Grey Heron fishing
Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa, Zambia - Page 3 Mfuwe117

Baobab tree - really amazing old trees
Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa, Zambia - Page 3 Mfuwe118

Known as the 'Sausage tree'
Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa, Zambia - Page 3 Mfuwe121

A little personal grooming
Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa, Zambia - Page 3 Mfuwe119

As the last of the sun goes down - and the sundowners drunken (A slightly blurry photo Embarassed )
Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa, Zambia - Page 3 Mfuwe122

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:00 pm

Great photos again LP. Lovely to see the Giraffes, and I agree the Baobab trees look brilliant. Think I'd rather be a Heron than a Monkey Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa, Zambia - Page 3 40683
Thanks for sharing some more of your holiday
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:52 pm

At Lusaka airport there is a beautiful sculpture called Lechwe of the Kafue flats by Coert Steynberg
with a wonderful quote from Henry Beston.

Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa, Zambia - Page 3 Mfuwe123

“Creatures of the wild; we patronise them for their incompleteness, for their tragic fate of having taken form so far below ourselves; and therein we err, and greatly err.

For the animals shall not be measured by man. In a world older and more complete than ours, they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses that we have lost or never attained, hearing by voices we shall never hear.

They are not brethren; they are not underlings; they are the other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time; fellow prisoners of the splendour and travail of the earth.”

I think he sums it up extremely well.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:39 pm

Very true indeed LP, and such beautiful sculptures
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:27 pm

Had a wee giggle at your 'bra shop' LP - did you buy anything ?? Laughing Laughing

The kids are just gorgeous, beautiful, happy, smiling faces I love you I love you

Loved the unknown yellow flower and the flame creeper is just lovely I love you
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:32 pm

Great array of Giraffe pictures. I especially liked the Tower, good shot and the little one lying down I love you They are very pretty the Thorneycroft I love you

Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa, Zambia - Page 3 40683 re the sausage trees - we saw them for the first time this year but I can't remember if it was in Samburu or the Mara scratch Embarassed

That is a wonderful quote from Henry Beston, very well summed up Wink
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:37 pm

Strangely enough no Doogs, we didnt stop at the bra shop we passed it on the way to the school and decided on the way we just had to get a photo. It would have been a challenge finding the right size I think! Laughing

The giraffe are beautiful, I love seeing the different species, and Thorneycroft is a new one to me.

I don't think I've ever seen sausage trees before, they are amazing and the baboons love them. If one of those landed on your head you'd certainly know it affraid

I'm going to put together a small slide show after Christmas hopefully .......... new technology and my non techie ability allowing Very Happy

Lai

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:45 am

Oooooo I adore that Grey Heron shot Lai Pai, brilliant capturing it fishing, I bet you were jumping with joy with that one and I love the Giraffe drinking too, the water dribbling out his mouth, brilliant.
I had not heard of the Thorneycroft either, I think all Giraffe are just so beautiful and graceful.

That sausage tree is amazing, I have never seen anything like that before, it's quite spectacular isn't it.

So looking forward to the slide show after christmas, it's going to be brilliant bounce

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:19 pm

Thanks Littlewid - I'm glad you've confidence in me cheers I may be asking advice but will have a go once I've got my Christmas pressie from Pete Laughing

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:23 pm

We all have faith in you LP, no pressure eh Laughing Might take a bit of tooing and froing, trial and error but I'm sure you'll get there in the end Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa, Zambia - Page 3 768480
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:11 pm

Reading and :What: and Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa, Zambia - Page 3 45922 and Head Banger and scratch and hopefully Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa, Zambia - Page 3 71418

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:08 pm

It's taken me some time to put together a 5 min slideshow of our trip to Zambia, but it gives an idea of our safari. (Sound needed).

Lai

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:43 pm

WOW Lai Pai, that's absolutely brilliant, love it and well done you Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Love the music, the way it flows, the fact that it's got black and white in it as well as colour cheers Especially loved the shot of the Lion eyes Cool

Fantastic, big pat on the back for you for that Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa, Zambia - Page 3 853843
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next