Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  Guest on Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:08 pm

Hey all, just about to pop off to bed (bloonking knackered today) but wanted to let you all know about my own little duckling watch. As some of you may know, I live on the canal and I have been walking home every night. There are LOADS of ducklings but there is a wee family that live near me. They started off at 11 but are now down to 7 and two of them always go off on their own. They're so small but I swear sometimes they are about a mile away from their mum. I don't know why that is but they've been like that for over a week now so I'm not worried too much. I've called them Sam and Frodo - coz its like they're on a little adventure (although they don't have a ring to carry). I did wonder if adult males would kill them if they came across them - that worries me - does anyone know ?

I have taken a photo on my phone and will try and upload it later.

On a much sadder note, the swans that live near me had 4 beautiful cygnets and last week we found out that all of them were gone, and the mother had to be taken away to the SPCA as she was injured. The assumption is that a fox got them. How horribly sad Sad The mum and dad looked so sad and distressed. It really upset and most folk who walk along the canal were gutted as well. Poor babies.

Life can be so cruel

LT x

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:03 am

That 's so sad about the swan and her cygnets LT - what a shame, nature is just so tough, i know everything has to survive but i hate seeing these little cygnets, goslings and ducklings being taken.

I love your story about Sam and Frodo, brilliant names for them and i hope their adventures have a happy ending. I don't know anything about adult males killing babies, let's hope they survive.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:40 pm

WAA has been going for a month

Well done to WS and Littlewid for setting it up lol!

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:02 am

Good Morning Everyone

Another glorious day sunny we have had such little rain that yesterday evening I had to top up my water thingy in the garden, its built out of railway sleepers and has these balls in it that the water spills out of, the birds love it, anyway, last night I realised that they were hardly spilling any water, infact one was doing nothing, so I whipped out the hose and filled it up, it's the first time in years that it's needed doing, there is definiately no leak so its just because it's been so hot so far this year its had an effect on the water level......it must be the same for everyones fish ponds and water features.

Is it the Derby today Doogs/Lai or was it yesterday? sorry as I said i'm rubbish at Horse racing, I hope you both get a winner or two though.

Oh don't be worried about being anti social with your book Lai, just enjoy it, it's an amazing read, please tell me what you think about it when you've finished it.

How is everyone? Hope your all ok and having nice weekends.....i'm off to see Splodge today again and hopefull get more pictures and a cuddle, Thursday is arrival day and I cant wait......guess whos not working on Friday!!!!!!

Have a lovely day everyone.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:16 am

Now then Littlewid since you mentioned no rain guess what, we had torrential rain last night, we are wet through and it's not going to stop!!! What happened to the sunny I hope everyone else isnt having the same weather as here affraid

Have fun visiting Splodge today, only a few days to go now

The Derby was yesterday, we backed 7 out of 12 (between 4 of us) and my mum got first and i got third - Tom's horse led most of the way round and then came last What a Face i've got to go and collect our winnings this morning, but i am not expecting £££s Laughing

Have a great day everyone.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:32 am

Heck its a miserable day here! We had thunder and lightning yesterday after it being a scorcher !

Still, its nice weather for ducks as they say and on that note, here is a pic of the mother and ducklings that I promised a couple of days ago (when it was clearly nicer weather than it is today). I'll be checking on them tomorrow to make sure they're all still there - was slightly concerned about them as they were on the path side of the canal and I was worried a dog might have a go at them Sad

Its not a great photo but I didn't want to get to close to them and scare them!

LT x

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:04 pm

That's so cute LT - great photo, how lovely to see them I love you

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:57 pm

Ooops, sorry about the bad weather Lai, apparantly it rained and thundered during the night here but I didn't hear a thing and it's been a nice day since.....hopefully your day improved and you got some sunshine too.

Good news on your Derby choices....not so good for Tom though.....sorry Tom.

Lovely picture LT, they look as if they were enjoying the sunshine, fingers crossed they all stay safe.

Spent a few hours with Splodge today and got some more pictures which I will post later....she is definiately the cheeky one of the bunch.

Hope you've all had a good day and have a nice evening.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:30 pm

We got some sunshine around lunchtime cheers and now it's drizzling again in time for a bbq What a Face oh well it is england Laughing and summer What a Face

Looking forward to more Splodge photos Littlewid.

Catch up tomorrow everyone - have fun evenings

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:04 am

Ooooops looks like I had all the sunny again yesterday sorry Guys. It was a great day in Wales, we have had a bit of drizzel to day though just to make up for it. Nice shot of the Ducks LT, it looks like a lovely place for them
WS
whitestarling
Admin

http://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:00 am

Morning Everyone Very Happy

Monday again, doesn't it come round quick!!!!!!

Trust you to be knicking the sunshine WS and just when Lai was going to have a BBQ What a Face

Anyway, I hope everyones feeling fighting fit and raring to go after the weekend.

Any updates on the Geese Anne-Marie from over the weekend????

Catch up with you all later, have a good day everyone.......looks like the sun is trying to pop it's head out here this morning sunny Very Happy

littlewid-x-
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:42 pm

Hello everyone

What a Face sunny all gone and it's cold again, some summer here. WS you are very lucky over those hills. We had a bbq anyway, got to make the most of it Laughing

I hope everyone had a good weekend. My son Tom was here for the w/e, he's off to Oz now he's got his working visa, as soon as he can get a flight, starting in Sydney and then who knows where, i think he can stay a year . Ooooooo he is so lucky. Oh to be 18 again!!!

Well i had better get to work

Have a good day one and all.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:14 pm

Hi Guys
The weather here has been alot better than was forecast it's been warm although not that sunny We are just getting a few spots of rain now, shame about the BBQ Lai we could smell the Burghers, and Sausage smells drifting over the hills lol! . I've been trying to remember being 18 again scratch but I'll have to come back to you on that one lol!
WS
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:23 pm

lol! lol! me too WS What a Face

Lai Laughing
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:13 pm

Good evening everyone Very Happy

All that talk obout BBQ's was making me hungry....had to have my tea before I came on here Very Happy

Spent the evening at the vets this evening, both Dogs started coughing over the weekend and it turns out as I suspected they have kennel Cough affraid Neither of them have been in kennels but it's around in the air at the moment, you don't have to have had your dogs in the kennels for them to catch it, it's viral as well as bacterial, so now both boys are on treatment for it. They are both fine in themselves just have hacking coughs.
So I suppose a little warning, if your dogs start coughing, sounds like a hacking cough, then get them to the vets to get them checked out, they do not need to have been in contact with a dog thats got it.

Hope you've all had a good day, its now raining here and is rather dismal and apparantly tomorrow is not supposed to be good What a Face

Trying to type this with a huge silly dressing on my finger, I opened a tin of Tuna for the cats tonight and very cleverly sliced my finger on the lid, not good and it makes me even more useless at typing than usual Very Happy

Recording Springwatch, still need to catch up with the other ones, so thought I may as well add another one to the rest and have a catch up on here to see whats been happening today.

Catch you all later, have a nice rest of the evening.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:30 am

All I can say this morning is CATS & DOGS What a Face

littlewid-x- What a Face
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:20 am

Morning everyone

Yes i agree cats and dogs - we need canoes and boats today affraid

Poor you Littlewid, i hope your finger is okay today. Both our girls have had kennel cough vaccination as they go to kennels - what a shame for Bentley and Nero, especially as they didnt catch it at kennels What a Face

Hope everyone is okay, and don't get too wet out there.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:03 pm

Sorry to hear your dogs have kennel cough LW. Millie got it a few years ago, think she picked it up from dog training. Was a nightmare, they gave me cough medicine to give her to try and soothe her throat. That was entertaining.

No Goosewatch update I'm afraid, they have vanished. Sad saw the other geese on my run yesterday (I saw them where I used to see our geese) will be up there again tonight searching for them! Providing the rain doesn't start again.
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:24 pm

Good Afternoon Everyone

Well we were supposed to have rain all day and it actually brightened up Very Happy which is lovely.

Sorry to hear the geese have moved on Anne-Marie, or perhaps they are in hiding, I hope you will be able to spot them this evening when you are on your run, I will keep my fingers crossed, I will mss the updates if they have gone for good.

Bentley and Nero are ok, taking their tablets ok so hopefully soon they will be well again, mind you apart from the cough they are both ok......glad I don't have cough medicine to give them......how did you manage that one Anne-Marie?

How has everyones day been? I hope it's been good for you all, anyone up to anything exciting this evening?......i'm so nosey Very Happy

Have a good one whatever your up too.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs on Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:09 pm

Afternoon all

Wet, rainy and miserable up in Aberdeen too, got rather wet when I took Ali out at lunchtime pale Lucky you getting some sunny LW !!

Glad to hear LW that Bentley and Nero are taking their KC tablets ok, hopefully that will get rid of that horrible cough soon, poor things. How’s the finger ? That sounded a sore one affraid Only 1 more full day until Splodge arrives Very Happy

Not up to anything exciting tonight but we were down in Dundee last night. It was friends of ours 30th wedding anniversary so their daughters arranged for us all to meet for a meal, our friends didn’t know we were coming so they got a nice surprise. Lovely food in a restaurant called Byzantium. We got home after 11pm so a little Sleep today

Well done to your mum Lai for backing the Derby winner. Poor Tom must have been getting excited when his horse was leading for a while then faded away, it’s so disappointing when that happens. We had a lovely day at Musselburgh on Saturday as the weather was gorgeous. I had one winner, Ian had three but I redeemed myself by having 3 winners at Epsom including a 40/1 shot and of course the Derby winner so it was a good profitable day !!!

What kind of work is Tom going to be doing over in Oz Lai ? Do you plan to go over and visit him at some point ?

Thanks for posting the mother duck and her ducklings LT, they are soooooo cute. Liking the names Frodo and Sam :) That’s such a shame about the cygnets and poor mum swan being injured Crying or Very sad

With all this bad weather going about I hope WS hasn’t been hogging the sunshine again !!

Well that's all my news. Have a good evening all

Doogs xx
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:29 pm

Well done Doogs on the Derby winner - you've had a good day's racing then.

We've had rain mostly and me and the dogs look afro

I'm not sure what Tom is going to do in Oz. He'll decide once he gets there i think. He's got friends around the place so he can travel round a bit hopefully. Pete sometimes has to go out to Sydney, Melbourne and Perth and i have been with him a couple of times, so i can always go again and catch up with Tom.

Must go and walk the girls while the rain's stopped affraid

Have fun evenings everyone

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Evening

Post  atticus on Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:47 pm

Hi All

Well the first of my kittens have gone to their new homes this evening Sad but I am sure she will soon settle in, the next one Luna the tortie and white girl goes to her new home on Sunday, we are keeping Legend so he will feel a bit lost without his 2 sisters but with all the others and his Mum to keep an eye on him he will soon settle into the bigger household.

I hope you are all fairing better with the weather it is cold here on the south coast and extremely windy and it keeps raining has been like this all day, it is more like winter than summer!

Well done to the Derby winners, how lucky is that I never win been doing the lottery for years and I think I am about due to win on that all we have won is £10.00 3 times so I think it only fair we win something.

LW glad the dogs are picking up, and taking their tablets like they should, give them both a big hug from me.

Well have a good evening everyone, off to sort out this lot one more time this evening and I think batten down the hatches with this wind it really is starting to pick up not nice.

Atticus cat
atticus

http://www.atticusmainecoons.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:01 pm

Good Evening Everyone

Well following on from Atticus's post is a dead give away isn't it Very Happy Little Splodge has arrived and I have updated her thread.....Splodge is the reason I have been so slack on here this evening and i'm sure I am not going to catch up with everything, so please forgive me if I miss your posts today, I will catch up with them all tomorrow I am sure, I have the day off to spend with Splodge and the rest of the furries, so I will do my best to see what everyone has been up to and posting.......I'm sure WS for sure will have enjoyed the peace from me Very Happy

I hope you have all had a good day and as Atticus say's, I hope you are all getting better wheather than us on the South Coast......very breezy this evening What a Face

Have a nice rest of the evening everyone.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:04 pm

Thank heavens thats what kept you away LW I thought I'd gone deaf lol! It's great you've at last got Splodge at home, Imsure she will be very happy, and well looked after by her new furry friends. As I'm sure Legend will be to Atticus. The weather's not been to bad here today. Cloudy some sunshine, and the tempreture's been goin up and down a bit, but no rain so we can't complain
WS
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:06 am

Good morning everyone from a cold, overcast Cheshire, not as bad as you've had Atticus by the sounds of things What a Face

I am sure Legend will be fine with all the rest of your cats, although it must be strange for a few days cat Re the lottery, we do a lottery syndicate at work every week, and only ever win the odd £10 What a Face but someone has to win so we may as well continue Laughing

Littlewid i hope you managed to get some sleep with Splodge and that she settled in okay, i'm sure having all your other furries around will have helped I love you cat Sleep

Well it's nearly the end of the week cheers so have a great day everyone and let's hope the sunny comes out for the weekend.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum