Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  littlewid on Wed May 19, 2010 6:13 pm

Oooooo Anne-Marie, now i've seen Roland I deffo say leave him alone, he's gorgeous Very Happy I hope he goes somewhere safe and stays well, love the pics cheers
Hows Millie? that must have been awful for her and for you, I hope she is ok and you too, it really shakes you up doesn't it.

Glad everyone else is getting some sunshine.....apart from WS ......sorry WS What a Face , we are supposed to have good weather too, its not been too bad here today, a mixture of cloud and sunshine but it has been warm.
Just walked the boys and it was lovely, Bentley had a role in the cut grass, he had a good time and Nero was leaping all over him, now I've got to get all the bits out of him, huge dog, millions of fur.....not a good combination......hey ho Very Happy Very Happy

have a good evening everyone

littlewid-x-
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Thu May 20, 2010 7:35 am

Morning Everyone

it's such a beautiful day, it started with really thick fog here but it's all breaking up and it's so sunny and it's getting hot bounce
I have some wisteria growing along my fence and it looks gorgeous this morning, full of beautiful lilac flowers flower flower flower ......I know their blue but never mind lol!

I hope everyone has a really good day

littlewid-x-
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Thu May 20, 2010 8:40 am

Hello everyone

Yes, the sunny is shining again today, and it's lovely out there. I love wisteria Littlewid, one of my favourites. There's some bug that's threatening it, not sure where it's come from but it will be a shame if we start to lose them as they are so pretty.

We had a great start to the day, out in the woods this morning with Penny and Tamu we came across the 2 Canada Geese with their 6 babies on the stream. I'm happy to say the dogs didn't dive in (neither do more than paddle) and even better news was that they still have 6 babies - although i am not sure how old they are now. It was definitely a time i wish i had had my camera and no dogs!

Have a great day everyone.

Lai Very Happy
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 on Thu May 20, 2010 9:38 am

Morning everyone!! LW you are right, Roland is so cute! I'm glad i'm not the only one that thinks so. His little ratty face is adorable! Anyway I think he may have packed his bags and left as I haven't seen him since tuesday now. Millie is fine, still quite shaky and very clingy which is sad. She tried to come with me to work today. I didn't even take her out this morning as I worried about seeing that dog again. Its not fair because I feel like i'm punishing her because some stupid bloke couldn't control his dog!

Didn't really get any photo's yesterday! No sign of the geese with their babies. Just typical!!

Well the sun hasn't ventured out here yet. Still hiding behind those clouds. Hopefully it will be out by lunch time as it would be nice to sit in the garden for lunch.

Right, accounts day so I better be off!!! Byeeee!
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Thu May 20, 2010 10:27 am

Poor Millie that's so sad - I hope she will be okay and forget her ordeal. I wish people would learn to control their aggressive dogs.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden on Thu May 20, 2010 10:33 am

Anne-Marie, thats awful about Millie. Does the other dog live locally? Hopefully Millie will get over the attack, but if the other dog is close by it might take a bit longer. What did the irresponsible owner say?

This time of year is just full of new life. Though as you say typical for Stanwick. Last time I was there, there were 3 Swans, a wren and a blue tit. I think they are camera shy!

According to Heart Radio this morning Northampton is suppose to top 24 degrees today, so even if the sun isnt shining, it is going to get a little uncomfortable. Our offices air condition system is to open a window!

Accounts - Good Luck! Its the worst part of my job.

SM
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 on Thu May 20, 2010 11:26 am

Yes, lives locally. We regularly see it when we are out walking and he always crosses the road out of the way! The words that came out of his mouth were 'don't worry, she won't hurt your dog' I was fuming!! No sorry or anything. Millie is such a friendly little thing. Wants to play with every dog she see's! Took her round to my brother's last night, wanted to get her straight back with other dogs and she was fine. Just wait to see what she's like with dogs she doesn't know.

The sun is just breaking out now. Yay!! cheers in the garden for lunch!!! Very Happy

As you say SM, camera shy. If I don't have my camera I see no end of wildlife! When I do I see a swan, 2 ducks and a magpie!
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden on Thu May 20, 2010 3:26 pm

Cheek of it. Poor Millie is attacked and he says nothing!

Good thinking AM letting Millie visit with family dogs to help her not build a fear of other dogs. Doesnt that sound really nice - lunch in the garden! Boss decided he was to busy for me to have lunch and dumped me with a pile of work. Hoooo Hummm!

Enjoy the rest of your day.

SM
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs on Thu May 20, 2010 4:38 pm

Afternoon all :)

It was lovely and sunny but it's got a bit cloudy this afternoon. Ali was panting like goodo when I took her out at lunchtime.

I must confess as well AM that I too thought Roland looked rather cute Embarassed Glad to hear that he has disappeared on his own though, hopefully he has moved onto someone else's garden.

That's such a shame for poor Millie, she obviously got an awful fright poor thing Sad That was a sensible thing taking her round to your brothers to interact with another dog, good thinking. Hopefully she will be back to her usual self in no time.
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Thu May 20, 2010 5:29 pm

Think it's evening now scratch

All that talk of accounts What a Face glad I don't have to do that Very Happy I've spent my day fiddlin' with computer databases at work, getting mine updated, it took forever this morning, ive just got to remember what I did to it tomorrow lol!

Gave myself an exam this afternoon.....I must be going dotty to do that, I thought it was going to be a quick hour or so but it took all afternoon, all about Equality and Diversity affraid still all done and all good cheers

I'm pleased Millie got on with your brothers dogs ok Anne-Marie and her terrible experience hasn't put her off but I don't blame you for not wanting to go near where the incident happened.......and that bloke, it beggers belief doesn't it.....wonder what his reaction would have been if it had been his dog...bet we can all guess that one.

It has been hot for the dogs today hasn't it Doogs and no wonder with Ali being a Boxer, they still try and go a bit mad even when it is boiling hot, they have so much energy and puppiness about them dont they. I'm just waiting for it to cool a bit here before I take the boys out, Bentley is no good in the heat, he loves the freezing cold, he could live with winter all year round What a Face

SM, your boss needs sortin' Very Happy

Have a good evening everyone

littlewid-x-
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

LW and Exam

Post  atticus on Thu May 20, 2010 5:43 pm

Hello Everyone,

Well LW yes it is evening, been a long day!! all done here though now, all the cats fed and sorted kittens all fed and cuddled that is the best part of the day. So much better than my day job but then feeding and cleaning all these cats is like a full time job but so much more enjoyable.

I have been reading about everyone on the forum, looking at all the webcams, a lovely way to relax after a day at work, even the cats sit with me and watch, which in itself is quite entertaining at times, maybe I should see about web caming them watching the webcam.

Have a good evening everyone.

Atticus cat
atticus

http://www.atticusmainecoons.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Thu May 20, 2010 6:46 pm

The weather has beena bit mixed in North Wales today. It started off cloudy then by about 11-00 am the sun came out brilliant. Done all my jobs watered all the pots, and baskets. Then 2-00pm time to relax. I sat outside at the patio table with a nice big glass of Errrrrr that Berry Juice whats it called now scratch Boddingtons thats it. It's Berry good lol! . We have about 20 odd Swallows here, and to watch them flying in , and out of the stables, and out buildings is fantastic. It looks like they are playing tag they swoop in through the doors then out of the 2 windows in the stables most of the time they are about head hight even when your sitting down. In fact two of them wizzed past me when I was standing up below knee level. Absoloutely amazing the way they twist, and turn. The only problem I have is I have to wash my camper van off every couple of days because it starts to look like a chicken coup lol!
but I dont mind its worth it to see them. Mind you if one of them poops in my Berry Juice it could be all out WAR. As I said the sun was fantastic, but about 5-00pm we had a sea mist roll in up the mountains, and now it's ffffreeezzing you would'nt believe the difference in tempreture in just a few hours. We usualy get that sort of weather in April as the Sea warms up, but with the cold start to the year it's been later.
Ooooops you must be bored now did'nt realise I'd gone on so much, must be catching LW disease lol!

Great idea Atticus a Cat Cam of Cats watching Cams. If I did'nt know better I would have thought that was LW's idea lol! lol!
WS
whitestarling
Admin

http://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Thu May 20, 2010 7:54 pm

More cams brilliant idea!

Poor you WS it's still lovely here, just had a bbq and now sitting watching the birds feeding - just saw the Nuthatch which was great as he's normally quite elusive. Shame about your van and all the poop What a Face keeps you on your toes though!

Enjoy your boddy's cheers You've caught our albino albino albino by the look of things WS

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Thu May 20, 2010 10:46 pm

Sounds like you have your hands full there Atticus and what a sight that would be, watching cats being web cammed, watching web cams.....ooooo that was hard to get out right lol! welcome to the lets chat, good to see you joining in with the rabbiters albino albino albino albino

WS you haven't fooled anyone with your fake Berry Juice No No No we are all far too wise my friend Very Happy .....any pics of the swallows WS :?:

Sounds like you've had a lovely evening Lai, lets hope the weather lasts so we can all have some nice sunny evenings. I love sitting in the garden on a nice evening but any birds that do pop in often get frightened off by Bentleys loud bark and Neros skipping about wanting to play with everything What a Face

littlewid-x-
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Fri May 21, 2010 6:35 am

It's like pea soup out there today What a Face what happened to the sunny ?

Fingers crossed it gets better for the weekend Very Happy

Have a good day everyone

Lai cheers
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Fri May 21, 2010 4:12 pm

HI Everyone

IT'S FRIDAY bounce bounce bounce

What a lovely day it's been, full on sunny all day and soooooo hot as well, looks like another late walk for the boys today.

No news on my part, just been working What a Face still no sky TV, couldn't get it sorted yesterday so I have the sky man coming on Sunday to fix it or replace the HD Box.....and I so wanted to watch the Dorothy Finals on Saturday Sad

Off out for lunch with the girlies tomorrow, so a good old natter and yummy food, always good for a Saturday lunchtime.....trouble is it's followed by food shopping What a Face

Hope everyones had a good day and has a nice weekend, whatever your up too and lets hope the weather stays really nice for us all.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs on Fri May 21, 2010 4:32 pm

Yeeeeeeeeee haaaa, its F R I D A Y

We've got a fair bit of cloud today but it is still very hot and sticky, it would be roasting if the clouds disappeared. I had Ali out at lunchtime and I think she was glad to get home for a drink to cool her down a bit.

Sounds like a fun day tomorrow LW, always good to have something nice to eat and catch up with the girlies :)

Quiet for me until Sunday when I head down to Perth for the races, looking forward to that. The forcast is for sunny so hopefully they are right. We've managed to get into free hospitality so free food and drink all day, fab !! drunken bounce

Lynn flower
Doogs

Back to top Go down

YEAH IT's Friday!!

Post  atticus on Fri May 21, 2010 5:38 pm

Well Friday at last the sun is shining here and it is still lovely and warm, just finished feeding cats and kittens and all that goes with that, so now going to have our first BBQ of the year

So have a good rest of Friday and a lovely weekend everyone.

Atticus cat
atticus

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Fri May 21, 2010 6:00 pm

Enjoy your bbq Atticus - i think we're doing one again tonight. I love it, it means Pete does the cooking!

Have fun.

Lai Very Happy
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  atticus on Fri May 21, 2010 6:07 pm

Thank you I will, and yep Keith will do the cooking, just as well really as have sciatica at the moment so standing cooking not a good idea so I will just sit and watch. Well for as long as I can sit!

Enjoy your BBQ as well

Atticus cat
atticus

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Fri May 21, 2010 6:20 pm

Ouch poor you - that's really painful i believe. Hope you'll be okay and enjoy the sunny and the bbq

Lai cheers
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Sat May 22, 2010 7:45 am

Morning All Very Happy

What a fantastic day we have, full of beautiful sunny already and it's hot, hot, hot,.....is this summer on its way bounce

How did the BBQ's go Lai & Atticus?, when I was walking the boys last night i could smell BBQ in the air, seems like everyone had the same idea Laughing

Looks like our pub lunch will be outside today cheers going to make the most of this sunshine.

Anne-Marie, hows Millie doing now? I hope she is doing ok and has got over her episode from in the week, any more signs of Roland or has he gone completly now?

I hope the sunny lasts for you tomorrow Doogs for the racing, I imagine if the ground is firmer it's better for the horses too.....not that I know much about racing and conditions etc Very Happy

I hope everyone has a good day today and you too WS even though you are working......bet you park up by the seaside and have an ice-cream lol!

Have fun everyone

littlewid-x-
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Sat May 22, 2010 4:41 pm

Hello everyone

Wow it's been a hot one. sunny sunny

I hope the pub lunch was fun Littlewid - good to have a albino albino albino

We're having our bbq tonight instead. Pete was back later than normal last night, and it seems they take long time to be ready these bbq's - anyway it's lovely out there so tonight will be just as good.

Great day for parking up and eating icecream WS - i think i would be very tempted Shocked

Hope everyone's having a fun weekend.

Lai Laughing
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Sun May 23, 2010 7:02 am

Morning Everyone

Hope you like the new look to the forum and hopefully you will all wake up to the new orange background, white paw icon for this post saying there is a new post......if not i'm gonna cry cos it took blinkin' ages to do Very Happy

had a lovely lunch thanks Lai, sat out in the sunshine, good food, loads of chat and brilliant company, how was your BBQ, any little birdie visitors to your garden last night?

Looks like we are in for another gorgeous day, i'm just waiting for the sky man to phone to say when he is coming today, all I know is it's between 12 - 5pm at the moment What a Face

Doogs, if you look in before going off to the races, have a brilliant day and hope you back some winners bounce

Have a good day everyone.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Sun May 23, 2010 7:50 am

Hi Littlewid

Well done you and SM for working late into the early hours of the morning - the site looks great. Definitely easier to see new posts now!

Glad lunch was fun, i love a good albino albino albino Last night we had some nice visitors to the feeder, the Nuthatch came in a few times, but doesnt hang around. A Treecreeper, on the tree we hang things from. A very shy Jay, who whizzes in and out. And of course the usual Goldfinch, Chaffinch and Great Tits. We have a nest in the wall and i think it's Great tits but i dont want to go and disturb them so i need to watch closely from a distance.

I hope your Sky man turns up and doesnt keep you waiting all afternoon Littlewid.

Whatever everyone is up to on this lovely sunny i hope it's fun.

If you're working WS don't overdo it, and I hope you're okay Atticus.

Lai bounce
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum