Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

+6
Anne-Marie1981
Doogs
Laikipia
whitestarling
Safari Maiden
littlewid
10 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 20 Empty Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  Laikipia Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:05 am

Thanks WS and Littlewid - Tamu is raring to go and it's not raining at the moment so should be a fun walk. It's only 5km but she will love meeting all the other dogs and hopefully it will raise plenty of money.

I'll let you know how we get on later.

Littlewid i'm so pleased to got to see the badgers - what a treat and something to remember. Looking forward to some photos when you can.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:21 pm

We're back and Tamu has done her walk for Nowzad and RSPCA Manchester. Nice gentle walk round Bogart Clough which is a park in the city. She's not really used to being on a lead but was very good. Not sure how many people went as it started at 11am and you could start any time up to 12.30pm. We met a few people and dogs on the way so hopefully it will have raised some money.

Tamu was given a goodie bag at the end and a certificate to say she had done it - really sweet.

Penny was not impressed that we left her behind but I wasnt sure if she would walk that far, but Tamu kindly shared some of her goodies. Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 20 71418

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:51 pm

WELL DONE TAMU AND LAI

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 20 305898 On completing the walk for Nowzad and the RSCPA Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 20 305898

You are both complete Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven and deserve a nice rest this afternoon and Well Done Tamu for sharing her Goodies with Penny I love you cheers

Did pete come with you to take any pics Lai?

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:35 pm

Yes Pete came as well - but he was striding ahead, no time for pics not even with my phone! He's into walking and found 5km a bit too short - Laughing

I'm hoping to find out how much was raised later and will let you know.

We're off to see Evita in Manchester later which should be fun, can't believe neither of us have ever seen it.

Hope your day is going well Littlewid. Don't you have another fund raiser for Assisi soon? If so, I hope preparations for your stall are going well and SM is busy creating goodies.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:24 pm

It will be lovely to know how much was raised Lai, I hope it's loads Very Happy no pics is a shame but I can understand it was all about the walk, maybe if Pete was quick enough he could have walked it twice and raised double the money, he could have entered as a whipet or greyhound Very Happy

My days ok thanks, still a week tinged with tears, got bentley back today which is a great comfort but it is also the anniversary of my brothers death so it's been a naff week all in all but it can only get better.

One good thing for today is my friend matt came and put in a new spinning rotary line bounce mine broke yet again so matt to the rescue Very Happy it now has lots of washing on it Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 20 853843

Going to walk Nero in a bit and then watch XFactor and then try and load some pics on site of the badgers, its going to take a while to sort the best as keith took loads Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 20 71418 I'm just waiting for him to download the others from my Birthday Day so I can put them up as well, the lovely Leverets and twin deer Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 20 853843

Enjoy Evita Lai, it's an amazing show, I saw the original with David Essex when it first came out, you and Pete will love it......Have a wonderful evening.
littlewid-x-

OOOps, yes the next fundraiser is 3rd October at Edenbridge and we have lots of goodies to sell, it should be a good show this time, will let you know how it goes.
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:54 pm

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 20 71418 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 20 71418 Well Done Lai & Tamu Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 20 71418 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 20 71418
Its great that people like you and Dogs like Tamu care so much for those Animals less well off to go and raise money for them. Glad the weather stayed fine. I was thinking about you, because here it started lovely sunshine, and dry then about 12-00am the heavens opened, and its been raining eversince. Manchester normaly gets it after we do. Have a great night out you & Pete
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:03 am

What a week you've had Littlewid, I'm so sorry, but as you say it can only get better.

So pleased you now have a washing line, but as it is now raining fairly constantly What a Face you may not get to use it, i've certainly given up for now No

We really enjoyed Evita - i got a bit carried away and starting singing until Pete gently reminded me Shocked but it was fun to see it after all these years.

Glad we haven't missed your next show at Edenbridge, but only sorry it's too far south for a visit.

Thanks WS, funnily enough the heavens did open at 12.15pm when we had just finished, collected our goodie bag and were getting into the car. Talk about good timing Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 20 71418

Sadly it's raining now and we're off to Buxton to catch up with Craig Jones (Littlewid and SM the photographer I was telling you about) looking forward to seeing some of his photography at an arts and crafts thing at the Pavilion Gardens.

Hope you all have a good day, and WS please keep the rain over your side, we need canoes here now.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:05 pm

Glad you had a good evening at Evita Lai, it is an amazing show isn't it and I bet you weren't the only one singing along either Very Happy How was the Craig Jones Photography exhibition today? I bet it was amazing, look forward to hearing about it.

It's been a lovely day here but the heavens are just about to open and I have washing on my line (I'm addicted to this flippin line Very Happy )

Got my new car today and it's brilliant, a little Peugeot 107 and I also got a new phone with sat nav on it as well with the car, a nice little bonus bounce pnone is all set up and is charging now.

Just cooking tea and then going to settle for the second xfactor this weekend.....i'm addicted to that as well.

Hope everyone has had a good weekend. I'm back to work tomorrow and hopefully the start of a better week :)

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:20 pm

Happy New Car LW cheers cheers cheers Atleast you wont get lost on the M25 with your Sat Nav lol! . Glad you had a good night out Lai, and I bet the you have a good time at the Pavillion. I dont know abput keeping the rain on our side of the hill. It's been absoloutly awful here today Gale Force Winds at time s , and really lashing down. Good job your Rotary Washing Line;s not here LW it would be in outer space by now affraid
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:50 pm

What a day - rain rain and more rain, but we went to Buxton to meet Craig. It was an arts and crafts two day show but to be honest i was only going to see him and chat about photography. He does some lovely wildlife photography, runs workshops all over the country and trips abroad.

I'm going to try and get on a day course when he does one at Trentham, he's not sure of dates yet.

So pleased you've got your new car Littlewid, and sat nav is great, unless of course you argue with it like me What a Face Shocked

I think you've got worse weather WS - sounds bad over those hills, poor you, and its only September affraid

We're catching up on things i've recorded this week - Grand Designs being one of our favourites.

Enjoy Xfactor Littlewid and here's hoping we all have a good week but especially you.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:21 pm

Lai & WS it sounds as if you too have dreadful weather What a Face we have got it very windy now but no rain even though it looked as if it might pour down earlier.......The Rotary is still spinning and thankfully is not space bound WS Very Happy

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ ( sorry that was Splodge adding her bit Very Happy )

Mmmm I doubt satNav at times too Lai but it has not let me down yet, just got to work out how to use it on the phone else I may be getting lost up the M25 WS affraid

Glad you managed to meet Craig Lai and a workshop will be brilliant cheers we look forward to hearing all the tips when you've been.

Was going to see if my washing was dry but I walked into a huge spider affraid in daylight earlier so i'm definiately not going out there in the dark No No No it can wait till the morning :)

Have a good rest of the evening everyone.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:25 pm

I have really got to tell you this one. It's a true story. When I was at the Hotel where I worked, it was all for elderly people. I overheard two Ladies talking. One was saying my son picked me up on Sunday in his car, and he's got one of these new Sat things ? we were going down the road when this women said, in 200 yards turn left. I said to him whose that, he replied it was this women that was up in the sky in one of those satalite things. Well I cound'nt believe it I said How can she see you down here from up there, and how does she know where your going anyway. I missed the rest of the conversation . Too busy laughing
WS

Last edited by whitestarling on Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:32 pm

That is how they work isn't it WS scratch either that or its got to be a real mini person sitting in the little box behind the screen Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 20 40683 can't be magic can it Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 20 615959 Very Happy
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:48 pm

littlewid wrote:That is how they work isn't it WS scratch either that or its got to be a real mini person sitting in the little box behind the screen Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 20 40683 can't be magic can it Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 20 615959 Very Happy

I knew it was an old Ladies thing. You've just confirmed it LW Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 20 40683
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:47 am

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 20 327467 Meow WS

It's probably the sort of thing my mum would say but she's knows i would never stop laughing.

Great story WS but I like your theory Littlewid, it could be a little pixie Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 20 853843

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:10 pm

Thanks for posting the link about the Tiger programme WS - looks amazing and certainly I am going to record all of it, with no mistakes this time. The trailer with Gordon Buchanan looked wonderful cheers

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:25 pm

Afternoon everyone cheers

Sorry for the lack of posts last week, very busy at work, the week just ran away from me then Ian and I were away early Saturday morning until we got home the back of 9pm last night. Went to Ayr for the racing on Sat then over to Hamilton to stay the night before going to the racing there on Sun. Good couple of days, I was £5 down for the two of them but Ian did brilliantly being over £200 up Razz

Great to have you back on the forum LW, we all missed you. I know it's been a very hard time for you and I've thought about you quite a number of times. Sounds like you had an amazing time at the Wildlife Experience, Cowdray Park, must have been a great experience. Glad to hear you've got your new car with all the mod cons of a phone and sat nav Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 20 71418
Great story with the old yins and the sat nav WS lol!

Well done Lai and Tamu for your walk and raising money for Nowzad. Good that Tamu was rewarded with a doggy goodie bag at the end. Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 20 40683 good on you Lai for singing along to Evita, definitely shows you were enjoying it :)

Mixed bag of weather here today, some rain and some sunny autumn has definitely arrived.

Hope everyone has a good day
Doogs Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 20 853843
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:56 pm

Hey Doogs good to have you back. Work just always seems to get in the way Laughing

Glad you had a good weekend, and only £5 down isn't bad, obviously it was Ian's turn to win - and what a win Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 20 768480

Today is cold, wet and autumnal, and it's only September. I can hardly believe summer's over and it's getting dark so early now affraid

Catch up later.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:53 pm

Yep glad your back Doogs sounds as though you had a good time I'm not one to cause trouble as you well know BUT You'll have to get Ian to share I always do with Mrs S Evil or Very Mad Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 20 40683 .
The weather has actualy improved here Lai nice, and sunny I will try and blow some your way over the hills Puff Puff
WS lol!
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:11 pm

Well it must have worked WS - so thanks, I took the dogs out after Neighbours Embarassed and it was lovely in the woods.

Lai Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 20 853843

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:35 pm

Who you calling an old lady WS Mad i'm just a little Pixie that believes in fairies and mini people in satnav boxes Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 20 853843

Glad you had a good weekend Doogs, hopefully Ian will buy you something nice with his winnings Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 20 71418 The Wildlife Experience was amazing and seeing the badgers the other night was just the best. Loving the new car but i'm a bit dim as I can't work out the new phone, its more fancy than the one I have already but I do know how to switch it on and off Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 20 40683
Dont be Embarassed about Neighbours Lai, I was watching Home & Away this evening Very Happy

We've had an ok day with the weather today, its been a bit windy but it has been sunny but a little chilly but summer cant be over yet as I have a daddy long legs sitting on the outside of my patio doors Very Happy infact two of them and a moth What a Face

Hope everyones had a good day today.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:01 pm

Watd I do affraid I called you a Lady. Hmmmm a Pixie A. I dont think so No Pixies ar'nt that dim about phones, and they dont watch things like Neighbours. They get a TV to wach instead of peering at people from behind the nets. Watching Home, and away is allright as long as you've got a decent team to follow. Also Pixies would know, that it does'nt mean it's still Summer because you've got two Daddy Longlegs, and a Moth on the window, it's because it's cold, and they want to come in

WS lol!
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:15 pm

Ahhh didnt think of that WS Very Happy Very Happy

Sorry for the lack of posts this evening guys, apart form Neros birthday, SM skyped me and has kept me talking for hours so its her fault, I cant post and talk at the same time and she knows that, she is taking over the Evil or Very Mad spot from WS lol!

I will catch up with lots of posts tomorrow and keep my skype turned off Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 20 40683 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 20 40683 ( Love you really SM Very Happy )

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:21 pm

Iam an elephant LW. I will remember that :idea: :idea: :idea: , I think?

I remember your email landing in work today say 'What about having a chat tonight', but I am willing to cover for you Wink

SM Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 20 768480
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:25 pm

Thats what good friends are all about SM, you cover my back and I will cover yours.......i'm not an elephant so I may forget that though Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 20 40683 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 20 40683

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next