Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

How could they leave him

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How could they leave him

Post  littlewid on Fri May 18, 2012 4:25 pm

You know when you wake up in the morning and everything seems good with the world, then something happens to make you think otherwise, well that was the start of my day today.

I had just come down the country lane to a roundabout, I go straight across behind 4 other cars, then almost come to a dead stop, the 3 cars in front are now driving to the right of the road trying to avoid something, which they do and carry on.

In the middle of the road is a little white and black cat, I couldn't believe they were all driving on. It had been hit rather hard by the first of the 4 cars and he had just driven on. A lady that was pulling out of the junction saw what had happened and had parked up across the road and she was crossing as I stopped my car putting a halt to the traffic.

I ran to the little cat and he had been hit very badly, his jaw was shattered and there were obviously other injuries as well. Amazingly he was alive but just barely. I picked him up out of the road and placed him on Neros dog bed that I had asked the man behind me who had also stopped to get out of my car. He was barely breathing and within a minute he had died.

How on earth could the person driving that car have driven off, they new they had hit the cat because the lady in the other car had heard it in her car, so there was no excuse. By now there was me, the lady who had stopped and the man behind me and a young guy who had seen it and had come running up the road to help, all of us were just so shocked the little cat had been left and the other cars just drove round him, it was awful.

I took the little cat to my vets, where they cleaned him up, discovered he was a little neutered male who is only about 8 - 10 months old, we scanned him and unfortunately he wasn't microchipped.

They will keep him for a week in the hope someone enquires about him and they have put up a notice in the surgery about him and on my way home I have put up loads of posters in the area about him and where he is.

He has been on my mind all day and I can't believe how cruel some people are. We were all on our way to work as well, myself and the lady ended up covered in blood, the boot of my car is a mess, but was geting to work on time more important, no, was getting covered in blood freaky, no, was it important to help this little innocent cat, by god it was. I am so angry and upset about it all, I just hope his owners see the many notices I have put up this afternoon and go and spend some time with their beautiful little fellow.

Sleep peacefully little kitty, sorry I couldn't help more. I love you

Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: How could they leave him

Post  RMorr50912 on Fri May 18, 2012 5:13 pm

LW what a tragic story. It says alot about not only the person who hit the little guy, but the others who chose to ignore what they saw. It also says alot about you and the others out there who stopped and did their best to help. No matter how hard it was you did the right thing and everything that could be done to help. Thank you for sharing this sad story. It has a silver lining. There are good people out there who care about these things. My cats are like kids to me and it would break my heart if something happened to them and I never knew what. Hopefully thanks to your efforts, the owners will at least have the peace of mind knowing he died in the arms of someone who cared about him and tried their best to save him. Bless you LW.

Ronnie
RMorr50912

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy on Fri May 18, 2012 6:22 pm

thats such a sad story but at the end of his life he was not alone and with someone who although didnt know him obviously cared about him.

princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Fri May 18, 2012 7:25 pm

Such a sad day for you Littlewid and a truly heartbreaking story. I am totally shocked by the driver carrying on knowing what they had done. I am only so thankful you and some others were able to help and that the poor little cat wasn't just left in the road to die. What a shock for you all. Let's hope the poor owners see your notices and know how much you tried to help.

RIP little cat.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Fri May 18, 2012 11:11 pm

I will check in with the vets on Monday to see if anyone has come forward as his owners, I really hope they do.
You are right Ronnie, your pets are like your kids and I am ony too glad mine are house cats as nothing like this can happen to them but as you say, I would be beside myself if something did happen to one of them and I never knew where they were or what happened, it would drive me insane with worry.
Hopefully his owners will see the notices, if not, I then need to think what I am going to do for this little cat as I feel dreadfully responsible for him now.

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy on Sat May 19, 2012 11:36 am

Could you contact the local paper and ask them if they could put a notice in the paper or on their website or facebook page (if they have one)
Also someone has set up a Banbury Community page on facebook and also a lost pets page and its been responsible for re uniting lost pets etc Is there anything like that for your area on facebook??
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Sat May 19, 2012 11:47 am

Thats a fantastic idea PPH. I can contact the paper on Monday and over the weekend I will check out FB to see if there is anything similar in this area, may even be worth asking our local radio station if they could put out a message.
Thanks a lot for your help PPH.
littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy on Sat May 19, 2012 12:25 pm

no problem, I only know as my neighbour lost his dog and we found it within the hour because someone at the hospital reported seeing it and put it on the local lost pets page. I saw it and managed to get a message to him. FB has become a great community tool for these things
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Sat May 19, 2012 5:07 pm

Fantastic idea PPH - well done for suggesting that, the owners must be frantic by now.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Sat May 19, 2012 6:39 pm

Sorry I have'nt posted on this before, but it is really so upsetting that people can do things like this without any feelings or thought for the poor Cat, or the people it belongs to words fail me to describe them without being rude. Thanks heavens you were there LW, and the others who helped, at least there was some comfort for the Cat not being left to die in the middle of the road, on its own. At, it was in the hands of an animal lover, and hopefully sensed that, and made the end a bit easier.
Great idea PPH, hope it all works out, there's nothing worse than loosing a pet, and never knowing what happened, at least if you find them they will have some closure, and know there was someone there at the end who cared.
Well done LW for all you did
WS

Admin

http://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 on Mon May 21, 2012 12:00 pm

Sad Sad Sad Sad
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs on Mon May 21, 2012 3:48 pm

Oh LW, my heart goes out to you with that story. I too cannot believe that people would either knock the cat over and leave it or drive around it whilst it was still on the road dying Crying or Very sad

Well done to you, the lady who saw him being hit and the couple of others who obviously cared for looking after him in his last moments. As heartbreaking as it must have been I’m glad he died knowing you helped him as opposed to when he was lying alone on the road. You did everything you could for that little kitty LW, you are a very kind and caring person I love you

I hope the owners do come forward so they can learn of all you did for their little man. Good ideas PPH to try and trace them, I really, really hope you do LW, keep us posted.

Doogs Group Hug
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Mon May 21, 2012 4:33 pm

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts towards this poor little fellow, I know all of you would have done the same for him.

I have been praying every day and night that his owners would see my notices either that evening or over the weekend so they could be reunited with their little kitty.

Today I had made a note of all the sites that could help and got the number for the local radio station, I just needed to check in with the vets first to see if his owners had seen the notices and come forward.
I have just telephoned them and to my great relief his owners came forward this morning. I am so delighted they saw my notices and that their little fellow is reunited with his owners, I wished it could have been a different ending but at least it is the best outcome I could have wished for given the circumstances.

Thank you again for all your thoughts and kinds words for this lovely little kitty
littlewid-x- Group Hug

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Mon May 21, 2012 4:42 pm

Thankfully his owners now know what happened and although completely tragic and horrible can mourn their loss. You did all you could Littlewid and that little cat died being cared for not left on the side of the road.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy on Fri May 25, 2012 3:16 pm

I'm so glad that the owners came forward and that they didn't have the agony of worrying what had happened to him
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs on Fri May 25, 2012 3:23 pm

Good to know the owners know what happened to their cat, even if it wasn't the news they were looking for. You did good LW, very good and don't you ever forget that Hugs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Fri May 25, 2012 9:30 pm

Thanks guy's. I am just pleased his owners were reunited with him and that they didn't have a long agonising time worrying where he was or what had happened.
I asked the vets not to tell them that he was alive when I got to him and that he then died, rightly or wrongly I didn't want them to think he had suffered and that they weren't there for him, I didn't think that was fair to them, it was best if they thought it was swift and he didn't suffer, at the time I could only base it on how I would have felt.
I am just pleased he is now resting peacefully and his owners have the comfort of knowing he was looked after and not left.

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum