Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our latest visitors

5 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Our latest visitors - Page 3 Empty Re: Our latest visitors

Post  littlewid Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:26 pm

Still being positive here, I believe Persephone is in the woods with her little 8 all nice and safe.

Pip and Ptolemy need to keep away from Phoebe, the mixing of their names would be rather rude Embarassed and i'm not sure they would get a pedigree for that mixture either No No No

And I am sure Martha and her ducklings are all swimming on the river having a ball.

In my head, all is well in Lai's garden Very Happy

littlewid-x-

littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:40 pm

Sounds as though Martha, and Persephone are doing the right thing, and keeping a low profile. Martha's brood seem quite late, I wonder if these are her second attempt
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:08 pm

I have a feeling, sometime soon, you're going to share good news with us Lai about Persephone and her little P's Our latest visitors - Page 3 Crosse10
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:52 am

You're right WS - this is Martha's second brood, she likes our courtyard and feels safe in there. When she's ready to leave she quacks loudly and gets let out through the door to go back to the river! Despite a few weddings, no one noticed her and she stayed quiet and undisturbed. She's been doing this for a few years now Very Happy

I Agree Littlewid - I firmly believe all is well in our garden and that all the P's and their respective relations are thriving. I went to the office early this morning and found Pip or Ptolemy outside my office, happily I was without the dogs and P or P scuttled of to the garden. (My office is a 3 mins walk).

Last night one of them came to the garden for feeding and I am getting so confused with all these p's lol!

Lai scratch
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:33 pm

I bet your confused Lai but as long as you have 3 adult P's and 8 little P's we can all keep smiling Very Happy .......i'm now just wondering if I cn have my office a 3 min walk from my garden........actually I could use my summer house and that would only take seconds Our latest visitors - Page 3 40683

I love the fact that Martha knows how to get let out to the river.....one clever little duck.

Loving all the news and little updates on the residents of your garden Our latest visitors - Page 3 853843

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:07 pm

cheers I know I am very lucky with my daily commute!

Latest on one of the p's - he/she has taken to the flower bed closest to the kitchen - not a good move as the dogs are eyeing P, P or P with too much interest. I am wondering whether the flower bed which is very full and bushy is a potential nesting site, if it is Portia (not sure of course, maybe Pip or Ptolemy just enjoys rumaging around in the flower bed) Very Happy

All I know is that there is a lot of partridge P** outside our window What a Face

Lai scratch
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:28 pm

The mystery of the P's gets more interesting, is it Pip, Ptolemy or Portia?.........have we heard of Portia before scratch i'm still being positive by saying it can't be Persephone because she has her little 8 P's to be looking after.

Mmmmmm Tamu and Penny are going to have to find something else to be interested in because they can't play with P,P or P.

Not sure about all the Partridge p** but it must be lovely to have them right by the house so you can see them and I wonder if there will be more little P's bounce

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:30 pm

I have a solution to your problem of identifying whos who Lai. Change their names, that will make it easier for you Our latest visitors - Page 3 40683
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:11 am

You the man WS - I know what you mean with the names but I choose them to keep us all on our toes.

I did mention Portia once before Littlewid as some time ago we had four (ages ago) but we've only ever seen two together and one single who is definitely a male as Pip chased him away when he got too close to Persephone. I think Portia is the very shy skitsy female who we don't often see.

No fresh p** today and i didnt hear a rustle from the flower bed this morning - will check the garden later for signs of P, P or P or even Phoebe pheasant.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:27 pm

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed now you mention it Lai you have mentioned Portia before, I just need to remember where I left my one brain cell that may just activate my memory scratch Our latest visitors - Page 3 40683 .......apologies to Portia Group Hug

I wonder if they moved from the flower bed because they knew the dogs were near Lai :What: hopefully they are all just hiding somewhere else in your garden waiting to surprise you Very Happy

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:33 pm

................................ P P or P just scuttled at a fast pace across the garden to see wha food was around and having eaten scuttled off like a mad thing, they are such funny birds, prefering not to fly unless really necessary so end up running around a lot Laughing

All is well in our garden tonight cheers

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:19 pm

cheers Great that you have seen P,P or P lol! , I wonder what takes more energy, running or flying scratch or maybe they are practising for the Partridge Olympics Very Happy

Good to know tht at the end of the day, all is well in your garden Our latest visitors - Page 3 853843

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:12 pm

Are you getting P'd off yet Lai trying to identify which P is which in your garden :?: :!: lol!
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:11 am

Our latest visitors - Page 3 40683 Doogs - that's a good one Our latest visitors - Page 3 768480

If there was a Partridge olympics Littlewid - our visitor yesterday would have won, amazing speed for such a little bird with funny little legs Our latest visitors - Page 3 853843

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:03 pm

No photos but a quick update on our garden visitors. It seems to be very busy at the moment.

Fizal pheasant has come back after several months absence. Pete said that can't be Fizal but I would know him anywhere. He struts his stuff until I notice him and then as soon as the food is down and I turn my back he runs over and eats it. He's such a handsome boy.

Phoebe pheasant hasn't been for a while but the 3 P'fers (collective name for either Persephone, Portia, Pip or Ptolemy) are in and out - without the little ones. I asked someone about the reality of them surviving, they said they sadly get picked off so easily by the crows, herons etc etc.

Fizal and the P'fers are often feeding together - they take no nonsense from him despite him being much bigger.

We've three herons who visit in the early hours of the morning, very noisy What a Face I am thinking of setting up the trail cam in the garden this afternoon in case I can get them.

A tiny wren came into our bedroom the other morning and happily left quickly - we've sliding doors and being ground floor get plenty of visitors to our bedroom.

Not so good was last night's visitor. A weasel What a Face it kindly left a p** by Pete's side of the bed! What a shock to find that this morning.

That's all in a few days Very Happy

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:45 pm

Sorry Lai but the Weasel P** did make me laugh but poor Pete, not a nice thing to wake up too, I should imagine Weasel P** is a tad smelly too What a Face

Good to know the P'fers are still around but a shame to hear the the littleP's probably are not Sad as we have said before, Nature can be very cruel sometimes.

Fizal is a name from the past but I think you are right, once you know a bird you get to know it's mannerisms and personality so i'm pleased for you that it is Fizal.

How lovely to have little visitors to your bedroom though and being on the ground floor with sliding doors you can just lie in bed and watch the wildlife, how wonderful that must be.

I wonder where Phoebe is? hopefully she will make an appearance soon.

A trail cam with all those visitors would be a great idea, there is obviously lots of action to be caught in your garden Very Happy you must let us know if you do put it up.

Loved the update, your garden is always nice and busy cheers

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:17 pm

Thanks Littlewid. We are still laughing about the weasel p** - no visit last night that we know off. The two trail cams are in the garden but I want to leave them a couple of days, sadly last night seemed quiet, always the way, we didn't hear the herons!

Fizal came for breakfast followed by the 3 p'fers - so despite the rain it's still a hub of activity.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:21 pm

Good old Fizal turning up for breakfast no matter what the weather cheers

So looking forward to what is captured on the trail cams and i'm also hoping that Fizal and the P'fers make an appearance Very Happy

Maybe now the Weasal has made his mark he wont do it again.....fingers crossed Very Happy

We have a very rainy day here too Lai......typical being BH Monday What a Face

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:02 pm

Lai you sure it was Weasel P**, and not the residue from Pete's visits to the Pub on his walk,beer does create a lot of wind you know Our latest visitors - Page 3 40683 . Fritzal sounds like Percy our Peacock, we dont see him for ages, but when we do, nd he spots Mrs S he comes running because he know's she will feed him dried mealworms. Shame about the Pfers little ones if they have'nt survived, but at least they are still around. Good luck with the cams.
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:57 pm

How can you get any work done with so much going on in that garden of yours Lai ??? Laughing I think it's lovely you've got so much on your doorstep, you are very lucky :)

Hope the cams brings some good pictures Our latest visitors - Page 3 431638
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:33 pm

Work Doogs?? - I am very easily distracted, any excuse not to and i'm off Laughing

Our latest visitors - Page 3 40683 WS - I shall tell Pete you said that cheers How is Percy Peacock we've not seen any photos recently?

Fizal was in early today trying to beat the jackdaws and crows.

I'll post a quick trail cam capture under the other thread in a moment.

Lai

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:23 am

Good morning everyone

Today was the first day the water bowl was frozen - I can't believe how quickly autumn has come. Having said that it's a beautiful day.

Our 3 p'fers are still visiting several times a day, this morning they were waiting for b'fast so I popped out in my dressing gown and UGG boots Shocked Fizal hasn't been in for a couple of weeks so I hope he okay out there.

We had 2 woodpeckers a lot of blue tits, great tits, chaffinch and coal tits all waiting to be fed - I think it's going to be a busy autumn with the bird feeders Laughing

How is everyone else doing with their birds?

oh and the little weasel is still around but he is so fast, blink and you miss him.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:30 pm

It was a frosty one this morning Lai a bit of a shock really What a Face Glad the 3 P'fers are still around and ok, lets hope that Fizal is too, I am sure he is Very Happy
Your garden sounds as busy as ever. We haven't had many birds round here lately, not sure why, I do need to sort my feeder again though, they have had loads of insects and things to eat and maybe thats why we havent had that many but now its getting colder its going to be getting harder. My feeder was being used a lot less and then it came to a stand still, thats why I stopped putting food out but I will now start again.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:04 pm

We had a frost a couple of weeks ago, one morning, but nothing since, andi t was OK this morning. Our feeders are still quite busy with loads of different Birds coming in. We are still getting occasional visits from the woodpeckers, and nuthatch, bit there's a Sparrowhawk around I think, its been targeting the Collered Doves, we had 8, but I know of at least 3 that have been killed. I have'nt seen it, but I think its a Sparrowhawk doing it, although 2 Days running now I've seen a Raptor in a field in a dip in the road just qown the lane, I'm fairly sure its a Buzzard, but it's difficult to be sure, as I was driving, so it could be that.
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3