Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  Laikipia on Thu May 03, 2012 5:06 pm

Sadly I can't get near Mrs Duck, it unsettles her and she starts doing her injured duck impersonation to lead me away from the ducklings, so I don't want to upset her. I am really hoping the babies will stay safe so will get the binos out later and try and find then from a distance.

We've been really lucky with the weather, it's turned out quite mild this afternoon and no rain all day!

Have a good evening everyone and enjoy the cams.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Fri May 04, 2012 12:36 pm

I'm happy to report that Mrs Duck and her 8 tiny gorgeous lovely little ducklings are safe and well and now released into the woods.

A traumatic morning with 5 drakes in the garden who had come to pay her a visit, 8 chicks everywhere and Mrs D not too happy.

I decided just now to try and get Mrs D and her family out from the Walled garden and into the woods, easier said than done and it took me 25 mins but finally after much patience I ushered them all out although Mrs D flew onto the wall and created panic.

Happily she flew after them and I checked they were all reunited and heading down to the river - fingers crossed they stay safe, they are absolutely the cutest things ever I love you

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs on Fri May 04, 2012 1:20 pm

Sorry guys but I will catch up on this thread over the weekend Embarassed I try to do my posts at lunchtime and failing that at home at night but Wednesday I was visiting my old neighbour Sid then had football at night so didn't have time and then yesterday I was working at a Polling Station from 6.15am until I got home at 10.25pm - long day and I was in bed sound asleep by 11.15pm - so hence why I haven't been posting the past couple of days.

Will catch up though . . . .

Doogs Group Hug
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Sat May 05, 2012 5:11 pm

Sounds like you have been a busy bee Doogs Very Happy How is sid doing now? hope he is ok and hows the 4 legged Syd doing as well? we haven't had any news on him for a while, hope he is ok too.

Hope everyone is up for a good Bank Holiday weekend, I have no major plans, just see what the weekend brings. Been out shopping this morning, was only going to do food shopping but went into town as well which was nice.

Just going to take Nero out for a walk in a while and it's not raining so it will be a dry walk today.....Yippeeeeee

Have a good evening everyone
littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy on Sat May 05, 2012 10:31 pm

I've had a very busy day today, inspired by all the home improvement that seems to be going on, I decided a few weeks ago that it was time to decorate my flat after nearly 3yrs of living here.

Its more of a 'refresh' than decoration but my bf and I decided it would be easier if we moved most of our stuff, books dvds etc out of the flat and into storage so we have a bit more room. Luckily a storage place here has a deal where you get 4 weeks free storage so today we moved the first lot out and to start painting. The hallway was first as that wouldnt need much moving of stuff and even though it needs a second coat it already looks a lot better.

Due to work we will only be able to decorate at weekends but luckily the flat isnt that big and we should get it done within the time frame of free storage
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Sun May 06, 2012 11:37 am

How exciting is that PPH bounce it's always lovely to be able to freshen the place up and it's always a good time to chuck out any stuff you no longer need but keep holding on to.
What colours are you painting the flat? is it going to be different or the same colours you have already?
Brilliant that the storage place is offering 4 weeks free, thats a great help isn't it and it certainly is easier to decorate if you have room to move rather than trying to cover everything and hope it doesn't get splashed with paint.
Let us know how you get on and just think, you will have a lovely new place for the summer Very Happy

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Sun May 06, 2012 5:38 pm

Good for you PPH - I hate decorating, Pete loves it! I bet it will look great when you've finished.

Visitor to our garden just now .... Very Happy

Bluebells a few weeks ago, now flattened by all the rain!

Have a great evening everyone.

Lai

Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Sun May 06, 2012 6:12 pm

What a gorgeous visitor Lai, he is really lovely and it looks rather sunny in your garden too, the only visitor I have had in my garden today is the rain lol! He looks nice and plump too so he ust be getting enough to eat, I reckon all this rain is helping the bunnies.

It doesn't take too much to flatten bluebells does it, it's a shame the rain has ruined them, we need the rain but it's not so good when it damages the flowers but those are two cheerful pictures for a Sunday afternoon

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Sun May 06, 2012 6:46 pm

Thanks Littlewid. He and his friend are a pair of very plump little bunnies. We've been really lucky with the weather these last couple of days, going to rain tomorrow apparently which is a shame but we can't complain really.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Sun May 06, 2012 6:50 pm

My heart just melts over rabbits Lai and I am pleased he has a friend too Very Happy
We are destined for rain tomorrow as well but then it is Bank Holiday I suppose.

Dinner is ready now so I am off now to eat and then settle down.

Have a good evening.

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy on Wed May 09, 2012 7:13 pm

Its been a busy weekend and early week.

Still trying to finish decorate, and in answer to your question LW its just a refresh with the same colours, and Lai I totally agree with you I hate painting but my bf loves it so he is going to do most of the work.

Good news today, after two months waiting I've been offered a perm position at the place where I work. Its the job I interviewed for in their compliance team and better still it involves a £3,500 pay rise. Not sure when I will start but I will keep you all posted
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Wed May 09, 2012 10:03 pm

That is Brilliant news PPH and well deserved, I bet you are over the moon, not just with the pay rise but no longer having to worry, I am so pleased for you. WELL DONE

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Wed May 09, 2012 10:20 pm

Thats fantastic news, and not before time well done PPH. Well deserved

WS.

Great shot of the Bunny Lai

Admin

http://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Thu May 10, 2012 8:13 am

Great news PPH well done.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs on Thu May 10, 2012 4:16 pm

Afternoon everyone

Must post on here before it gets out of hand how many posts I’ve not replied to Embarassed

Lai – How wonderful you had Mrs Duck back with 8 lovely little ducklings and even better they are now released in the woods, well done you for pointing them in the right direction Very Happy

Love your pictures of the bunny and the bluebells from a few weeks ago Cool

LW – Thanks for asking about Sid/Syd – both are doing well thanks. 4 legged Syd is getting ‘stripped’ next week for the 1st time so I will get some pictures of his new ‘hairdo’ once he’s done. We think he’s going to look completely different as just now he looks like a teddy bear his hair is that long !!

PPH – A ‘refresh’ to the house will make a big difference, hope it doesn’t take too long. Brilliant news re your job, all good things come to those that wait Wink and what a bonus you’re getting paid a fair bit more, well done cheers

It’s been a bit of a horrible week for me so far in that my Auntie, although ill, passed away suddenly on Tuesday. She was re-diagnosed with cancer 2½ weeks ago, didn’t feel well on Tuesday morning, the doctor phoned for an ambulance, in hospital at 12.45pm and died at 2pm, as quick as that. It’s nice she’s gone peacefully, quietly and in no pain but still a shock at how quick it’s been. She leaves her dog Poppy who mum & dad have taken and also a cockatiel called Charlie. I tried to find somewhere in Scotland that could help with re-homing him (i.e. a specific cockatiel place or even birds) but failed miserably so I’ve had to phone the SSPCA and fortunately they will take him, just have to drop him off. I felt guilty even phoning to re-home him but it’s just not practical for any of us to keep him. He’s quite a character, likes to talk, never in his cage, has the freedom of the house, hopefully they will find him a new home.

Dull, dreary and Rain here today.

Doogs Group Hug

Last edited by Doogs on Thu May 10, 2012 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Thu May 10, 2012 5:43 pm

Hi Doogs

I am so sorry to hear about your Aunty, what a shock. Even though you said she was poorly it still happened so quickly but as you say, a nicer way for her which is a blessing in itself, but a shock for the family. Big Group Hug to you and your family.

How lovley of your mum and dad to take Poppy, I am sure she will be well settled with them and she will have Syd to play with which is nice for them both, can't wait to see syd's picture after his haircut.

Easy to say don't feel guilty about Charlie because I would feel the same but at the end of the day you have given him over to an organisation that will do their best to find him a suitable owner and that will be best for Charlie and you are only looking out for his best interest and he obviously needs a place where he can be free and have space and not just caged all the time as thats not what he is used too, so you have done the right thing my friend Hugs

You take care

littlewid & Co -x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs on Thu May 10, 2012 9:49 pm

Thank you for your lovely words LW, means a lot Hugs I do hope someone nice will take Charlie & let him have the freedom he is used to.
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Fri May 11, 2012 12:19 pm

Afternoon everyone

What a shock for you all Doogs. I'm so sorry to hear about your aunty and send lots of Group Hug and sympathy from us all here. It must have been some comfort that she passed away peacefully. Well done you for trying to re-home Charlie. I don't know anything about cockatiels but I am sure he will be found a lovely home soon, and Poppy will have a new friend with Syd.

We've had a busy but great week. Phantom of the Opera in Manchester on Tuesday as although I saw it when it first came out 25 years ago What a Face Pete had never seen it.

Last night we were in London for the Tusk charity dinner at Middle Temple (what an fabulous place) they had about 250 people and an amazing auction with 11 lots which raised in excess of £40k. Hopefully the whole evening would have raised a lot more. They hit us hard with a short film on poaching of course but it helps to raise awareness and showed a clip of Prince Williams speech at the African Cats premiere. I was so excited to meet Will Travers from Born Free Foundation and also had a chat with Keith Scholey (Director of African Cats and former Head of the Natural History Unit) his views on PEL were interesting!!!!

Hoping the weather improves for the weekend wherever you are.

Have a great weekend.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs on Fri May 11, 2012 1:21 pm

Thank you Lai, most kind and the Group Hug very welcome at the moment Crying or Very sad

You have been a busy bee with the theatre (enjoy it ?) and the Tusk Dinner which sounds like a good night. Did you not go to that last year ? Buy anything in the auction ?? How wonderful that they raised £40k and brilliant that you got to meet Will Travers from the Born Free Foundation Cool

Another dull, dreary and Rain day again up here

Doogs Hug
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Fri May 11, 2012 3:52 pm

Phantom was fun, I admit i've seen it twice before and the travelling version is less elaborate with the stage etc but it was still fun and Pete enjoyed it.

I'm a big Tusk fan so yes we go to as many Tusk events if we can, the last big dinner we went to was organised by Tusk but for the 'Friends of Lewa'. Well remembered Doogs.

I did bid on a couple of lovely paintings of wild dogs but found myself bidding against a very determined man. I had a moment of being sensible and let him win!

Raining here on and off so trying to dodge it and get the dogs out for a decent walk.

Take care everyone and enjoy the weekend.

Lai

Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Fri May 11, 2012 10:41 pm

Glad Pete enjoyed Phantom Lai, it's one show I haven't seen.

The Tusk evening sounds like fun, shame you missed out on the bidding but I bet the man was pleased you let him win, I bet the paintings were lovely.
How wonderful to have met Will Travers, I imagine he is a very interesting man, I would love to meet him.
Mmmmm would love to hear the thoughts on PEL from Keith Scholey Very Happy

We have actually had a dry sunny day here today, it was a great change and meant Nero and I had a dry walk this evening, even managed to get loads of washing dry on the line when I got in from work......how exciting is that!!!!!

Been having a lazy evening watching Animal Planet.....not the same without our foxes and PEL.

Hope everyone is up for a good weekend.......Ooooo must tell you all this, it made me smile

My little Neice Lara went to London with the school on Thursday, they went to Buckingham Palace and she actually saw the Queen and the Crown Jewels ( they were being taken either to Buck House or Parliament, can't remember), anyway at BP they were in the front and all the Police were on their horses, that really pleased Lara and one Policeman was talking to her and his horse kept bending his head towards Lara and he said that his horse wanted his ears tickled, so in a flash Lara was tickling the horses ears, she couldn't believe her luck. Then it was time for a little momento shopping, they had all been allowed to take money to buy something to remind them of their trip to London, apparantly all the other children were buying souveniers typical of London and my wonderful, darling, so like her Great Aunty, brought, wait for it................
a toy Snake and a Dolphin.........she is her Aunty through and through, animal mad......God bless her

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Sat May 12, 2012 10:16 am

Group Hug Littlewid, that's so lovely, Lara sounds like she's going to be a great supporter of wildlife as she gets older, how brilliant is that. I bet she had a wonderful time in London.

I agree about PEL and the Foxes - without them the TV seems quiet with not much to watch!

I did think about repeating what Keith said and then thought maybe it was a little indiscreet - I guess you can imagine the gist of it! Will Travers was charming, it was just before we sat down for a delicious dinner, so only a 5 min chat but my friend Ali went over later and had a chat as she's mad keen on Born Free Foundation.

My cars in for a service just now but this afternoon we're off to the garden centre with my mum (latte and cakes) and we want to buy a couple of plum trees and my mum is always after something nice for her garden.

Hoping the sunshine lasts - have a great day everyone.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Sat May 12, 2012 4:23 pm

So far Lai Lara want s to be a vet and it has been that way for quite a few years now, even though she is only nine I think she may just end up being one, her passion for animals just grows and grows and her knowledge is ever increasing. I booked to take her and Kian to Monkey World in August, they are both mad keen on primates, I booked it months ago but Lara has been ticking off the weeks ever since so I am praying for a sunny day.......and legs that keep up with a nine year old and a five year old lol! Yes she did enjoy London and especially the policeman and his horse.

Mmm I can imagine the comments about PEL and you are right to be discreet about it all, Good on you for keeping silent

Hope you have a good time at the garden centre and get what you want.......plus a lovely Latte and cake Very Happy I'm off to one tomorrow with my mum so will be doing the same, mind you I did buy an Acer tree this morning, not a huge one as that would have cost ££££££ but its a nice sized one for now but I can't re pot it until te Autumn else it may die and I need to remember to buy some acid soil for it as well else I will kill it.

Hope your car passes its service with flying colours.

Nice sunny day here today which is lovely and going to take Nero for a walk in a while, it will be nice to go out without a coat.

Have a nice evening everyone and a good rest of the weekend.
littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Sat May 12, 2012 5:40 pm

How wonderful for Lara to be so sure that she wants to be a vet, I just love that. Tom passed through that stage rather briefly and sadly isn't one! Monkey world sounds fantastic, fingers crossed the English weather is kind to you, but whatever it will be awesome. August is a long way away when you are only 9.

I love Acers and you can surely pay many £££££££s for some of them, they are so beautiful though, we've two in the garden that have been here for years and look lovely. We ended up buying a Victoria plum tree, something called a Fremontodendron, or Flannel Bush - never seen or heard of it before, it's from the USA has has beautiful big yellow flowers and needs a sunny wall as it is a climber. Must check conditions before I plant it!!! Also a Hebe with lovely purple leaves that turn silver later in the year, no idea about the flower colour, I thought the leaves looked so pretty! As you can tell I am not a plant person but do love gardens.

Car fine thanks - just cost a small fortune for nothing, but hey ho.

Lovely early evening here now so off out with the dogs to the woods. Hope Nero enjoys his walk and enjoy the rest of the day.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Sat May 12, 2012 11:52 pm

Hi Guys
Have'nt been able to get on today, connection probs, till now. So its a little late now to catch up with everyone, and the posts willtry to do so over the next couple of days. Hope everyone's having a good weekend.
Re comments on PEL. If you check Jonathans Blog I think you'll find that what you heard Lai is pretty universal just guessing of course, but Jonathans comments are quite scathing, along with views of other well informed peole
WS

Admin

http://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum