Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

+5
whitestarling
princesspurplehippy
littlewid
Doogs
Laikipia
9 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  Laikipia Sun May 13, 2012 9:48 am

Pretty much the general consensus WS - enjoy your day everyone cheers

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun May 13, 2012 3:35 pm

Oooooo a Victoria Plumb tree Lai, how lovely, think of all those gorgeous plums you will get, yummy. Hebe's are lovely aren't they. There are so many wonderful plants sometimes it's just so hard to choose what to get. I have been and brought another Acer today, it's a lovely Red one. Went to three garden centres but only had Latte and cake in one Very Happy

Shame about your connection WS although mine was messing about yesterday, but it's so frustrating when you want to get on and you can't, hopefully all is well for you today.

it's been another lovely sunny day here today, i'm hoping it will last but I think it may rain tomorrow.

Have a good rest of the day everyone.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun May 13, 2012 5:07 pm

3 gardens centres What a Face Very Happy we only managed 2 Laughing how lovely to have another Acer, they really are very beautiful. We've got to decide where to plant our plum tree and the climbing plant, but I'm going to get a bit of advice first. We both love plums so hoping for a massive crop Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 2 853843

Really windy but sunny today, and I think we're in for a weather change tomorrow affraid

Have a great evening and enjoy PEL

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun May 13, 2012 5:37 pm

Don't blame you for getting advice Lai, you want the best for your plants and also to get the best crop from your Plum tree as well. I took some advice from my mums friend about planting my Acers, thats the only reason I knew about not repotting them till the Autmn and also the acid soil, else I would have repotted them now affraid

Looks like we all may be in for a weather change tomorrow, I suppose at least we will be back at work so it's not too bad.

Yep looking forward to PEL tonight, on for an hour again which is great.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun May 13, 2012 6:46 pm

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 2 71418 Whatever happens on PEL I am so looking foward to catching up with the wildlife!

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu May 17, 2012 8:22 am

Morning everyone

Another wet/dry sunny/overcast day here today. Off to London for the day so won't be cam watching!

Yesterday afternoons drama was finding out via a friend in Nairobi that Virgin Atlantic are stopping their Heathrow to Nairobi route in September. We were booked to fly with them in December What a Face Anyway all sorted now, full refund due and changed to BA, lost money on changing shuttle flights but it could have been worse.

Have a great day everyone.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri May 18, 2012 3:24 pm

Good afternoon everyone, it’s FRIDAY Another dull and dreary day that has also seen a daily dose of Rain , when will it ever stop !

I’ve had a busy week in that I was working last Sunday, into work early on Monday but it did mean my boss gave me all of Tuesday off as I had my auntie’s funeral in the afternoon, which was nice of him, all went well.

Mum dropped off Charlie the Cockatiel last Saturday at the SSPCA and he is on their website waiting to be rehomed – here’s the link to him:

http://www.scottishspca.org/rehoming/category/birds/centre/15_aberdeenshire

Must admit I was a wee bit sad to see they put “Charlie has been quite sad since he came here and has had problems getting used to new people so we would like him to find a new home as soon as possible so that he can sing a happy chirp once more” but hopefully that is to encourage someone to come and get him Crying or Very sad

How fab LW that little Lara got to see the Queen, she was very lucky. Loving the story of her tickling the Police horse’s ears, that would be even more exciting for me than seeing the Queen !! Embarassed Well done Lara for buying a toy Snake and a Dolphin, yep she’s definitely got some of your jeans LW Wink Fingers crossed she ends up being a vet, that would be wonderful to give something back to the animals. Ooooh Monkey World, love the TV series and would love to go there (has little Bart grown into those ears yet ?? Laughing ) – very jealous you’re all going there LW and very much looking forward to the photos on your return.

Your Victoria plum tree and Hebe sound lovely Lai. Why is it every time you put the car into the garage it costs a fortune and there’s not a thing we can do about it ‘cause we can’t do without our cars !! Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 2 615959 Were you doing anything nice in London yesterday or was it for work ?

Glad to hear you got your flights sorted out for December – that must have been a bit of a shock finding out Virgin were stopping their flights affraid . So that will only leave BA, Kenya Airways and Monarch (do they still fly to Nairobi ?) for flights to Kenya.

Ian and I are off out tonight for something to eat then a Comedy Night (with 4 different comedians) run through a local radio station. No idea how good it’s going to be but we won’t know until we try ! Ian’s out with the boys all day tomorrow and I’m heading up to my sisters at night (along with my mum & dad and a few others) for a BBQ, few drinks and to watch the footie – Sunday will be a day of recovery me thinks !! Sleep

Have a great weekend everyone.

Doogs drunken
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri May 18, 2012 4:01 pm

Thanks for the link for Charlie Doogs, to be honest that bit made me Sad poor Charlie, it must be quite a shock for him, I really hope some lovely caring person can take him and give him a loving home. Fingers crossed.

Not sure about Monarch and Nairobi - I fear that BA and Kenya Airways may have the monopoly which isn't good and means prices will no doubt increase!

It sounds like you've got a fun and busy weekend. I hope the Comedy night is Laughing and you enjoy it. A BBQ sounds a great idea as long as it's sunny and not Raining Lightening Rain Snowing Just at the moment you never know what's going to happen with the weather.

London was fun only, not work related, just a reunion lunch so a whistle stop trip and back by 7pm last night.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Lai Pai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri May 18, 2012 9:35 pm

I'm glad your Aunties funeral went off well Doogs, they are never really nice things to go to so if they go smoothly it is much easier on everyone.

Little Charlie is soooooo handsome, I enlarged his picture and fell in love with him. I am sure he will find a new loving home soon, how could anyone resist him. I bet they said that little bit to get him into a new home quick, it's not good to keep birds who have been used to freedom cooped in a cage, it is not what they are used to so they are doing the right thing by saying that as it will get Charlie homed quicker and thats exactly what he needs. Will they let you know when he has been rehomed?

Sounds like you have had a busy time and are also in for a busy weekend.......when do you rest Doogs Very Happy hope the BBQ is fun and that the footie is the result you want.

Lara is a chip off the old Auntie block Doogs and long may it last. Monkey World is briliant, I have been there before and loved it and I know Lara and Kian will not want to come home.....luckily we are going by coach so we have to leave when the driver says so, so there is no opportunity to stay the night by hiding out somewhere.......must keep a strict eye on Kian Shocked I will surely post some pictures, I am hoping its a really sunny day so they are out in the enclosures as the pictures will be better. I am as excited about going as the kids are.

Glad you had a nice time in London Lai, it's always good to catch up with friends, especially if it's over nice yummy food.
Have you decided where to plant your hebe and Plum tree yet? My Acers are doing just fine but I am so tempted to repot them into something nice but I must hold off till the Autumn.

It's been a mixture of sunshine and showers here today, not sure what it's supposed to do over the weekend, hopefully it will be a nice sunny one.
Have a great weekend everyone, whatever you are up too.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon May 21, 2012 5:01 pm

Good afternoon everyone

What a change in the weather and the temperature, its beautiful here, hope it is all over the UK.

Yes, we've planted our Plum tree near to the kitchen and our summer house, so we can pick them quickly before the wasps and birds take them! I am not sure we'll have any this year though, it is quite small Very Happy

How was your busy weekend Doogs?

Hoping you'll have a chance to use your new summer house now Littlewid - it's a perfect evening for it cheers

Just a had lovely walk in the woods with the dogs, what a difference when the sun is shining, quite inspiring and full of chirping birds and a couple of ducks on the river, the wild flowers (maybe they are weeds) look lovely and one little bird was squawking away with an alarm call, so I looked around and up and I noticed a Buzzard sitting in the tree - so I must have learned something from these wildlife programmes!

I must take my camera out this week and try and get some photos of the woods while they look so pretty.

Off to our last drawing class for the term, only 5 this time and we missed 2 so no progress as yet, but we still enjoy it.

Have a great evening whatever you are up to.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon May 21, 2012 6:00 pm

Been wall to wall sunshine here today, and we have had the door open all afternoon, even had to water the all the pots, and baskets, and its going to get even warmer. Get the cossies out Guys. It was lovley as Lai said to hear all the birdsongs, and the horses, Percy the Peacock, are all enjoying the sunshine.
Get in that sunhouse LW, and enjoy yourself
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Mon May 21, 2012 7:36 pm

The weather has been lovely down here, although the last 2 1/2 days we've been decorating the living room. I have realised why I hate decorating but its two rooms down, two more to go.

Bedroom and then kitchen, thankfully the kitchen isnt that big so shouldnt take to long and I've bought myself a treat for when the kitchen is finished
Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 2 57664710

Some good news is that the strawberry plants I bought about 2 1/2 months ago is now bearing fruit and I tasted one today and they are delicious

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 2 52136410
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon May 21, 2012 10:16 pm

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 2 768480 Loving that kitchen pressie PPH, your a girl after my own heart Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 2 853843 it's always nice to treat yourself after some hard work and with all your decorating you deserve it.
The strawberrys look gorgeous, you always know summer is on the way when your grow your own strawberrys start growing Very Happy looks like your in for some yummy strawberrys and cream bounce

Glad you've got your Plum tree and Hebe planted Lai, how lovely to be able to pick your own plums, if my back garden was bigger I would love some fruit trees but it's a wee bit too small for that. When the fruits come you will have to let us all see a picture and then my mouth will water, I love plums.
Bet that was lovely to see the Buzzard Lai and your right, all these wildlife programmes really do pay off don't they.
Hope the drawing class went well this evening.

affraid cossies WS, needs to be a tad warmer yet but by the sound of the weather forecast I think it is going to get pretty hot.
The birds songs are lovely aren't they, the birds are enjoying a change in the weather and i'm pleased to hear that Percy is enjoying the sunshine cheers

We have had a lovely day here too, nice and sunny, it was nice to go to work without a coat and then walk nero without one as well.....and stay dry.
Yep looking forward to using the summer house, it's now all geared up with electricity so I can use it in the evenings and read my books, I just need to find some nice comfortable seating to go in there, I have seen a few things but can't quite make up my mind, but with the nice weather on it's way I need to get a wriggle on.

I suppose now the sun is coming, we need to remember to slip, slap, slop as they used to say. Stay safe in the sun everyone.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue May 22, 2012 10:09 am

Well done PPH - you're nearly there, I do admire you for getting on with it.

WS you are funny, it's not that warm out there, yet!

The drawing class was interesting, some of us were outside which was lovely. Sadly that's it now until September which is a shame, we need to practice lots!

Littlewid you need to get some chairs quickly, this might be summer now this week What a Face

Another sunny day so hoping to get into the woods later with the dogs and my camera.

Have a great day everyone.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue May 22, 2012 2:33 pm

There’s something in the sky that’s radiating heat sunny , haven’t seen one of them in a long time, I wonder what it could be . . . . Laughing

Comedy night was quite good (it’s not really my thing but Ian fancied going). There were 4 acts and night lasted from 8.45pm to 11.15pm so definitely worth the £10 we paid for the ticket. BBQ was a good laugh and we, well the men and me watched the footie while the other women chatted in the kitchen ! I got home the back of 2am after a few Jack Daniels !!! drunken

Glad you liked Charlie. Yes the SSPCA said they would let us know when someone came to rehome him – I hope it’s soon.

I too hope you get a nice sunny day at Monkey World so you can get some good pictures. I think taking the kids also is just a darned good excuse for you to go LW as I can tell you are very excited about going Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 2 853843

Your summer house sounds lovely LW, I hope you get good use out of it in the coming months.

Good to hear you have planted your Plum tree Lai and what a nice position so you can watch it grow. Good idea to take the camera out into the woods we’d love to see some pictures Wink

Excellent that you’ve also been getting some nice weather WS – I love when you’re in the house knowing the back door is wide open and the house is being filled with fresh air. Lovely that the horses and Percy the Peacock are also enjoying the sunny

You’re going well with the decorating PPH, just about there. Like your treat for the kitchen once it is finished Cool How fab you’ve got some Strawbs and even better they taste good, mmmmmm.

Doogs :)
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue May 22, 2012 6:25 pm

affraid What do you mean Lai, its not that warm. We've been down on the Beach today rubbing Ambre Solair into the Donkeys skins. I noticed you were saying about Buzzards, I saw two on Sunday on the way home, thye were both just doing lazy circles in the sky, proberbly courting. Charlie's lovely Doogs, we used to look after a Cockateel called Harry for a friend, for a number of years, and we fell in love with him, unfortunately he died a few weeks ago aged 23. We would have loved to have had Charlie, but as he's not used to being caged, and us having Poppy our Cat, it would'nt be possible. Hope he finds a new home soon.
Your going to have to get a move on getting your summer house chair LW, because if you keep eating PPH's recipie CUP CAKES your going to have to do alot of wriggling to even get in one
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed May 23, 2012 5:10 pm

More sunny today, isn’t it great – apart from the fact most of us are working and stuck indoors !!

Pretty cool you’ve also seen some Buzzards WS Cool

23 is a fair age for a Cockatiel, Harry must have lived a good life :) My mum and dad have got two and they are called Harry and Sally !!! Laughing

Thank you so much for saying you would have taken Charlie, means a lot Hugs Poppy wouldn’t bother Charlie as he was used to my auntie's dog but vice versa would probably be a different story ! pale

Picking up a friend after work and we’re going out for something to eat then heading to the theatre to see Legally Blonde. My work got a pile of free tickets for the ‘press night’ tonight so I have saved my friend and I nearly £80 Razz Also managed to get some tickets for my mum & dad and a couple of other friends so everyone's happy !

Have a good night everyone and enjoy the sunny while it lasts.

Doogs drunken
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed May 23, 2012 6:05 pm

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 2 71418 Sounds brilliant Doogs, have a wonderful time, I've not seen it but my mum did and said it was brilliant.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed May 23, 2012 9:30 pm

Evening All Very Happy

Gosh it's hot here this evening, i've just looked at my digital thermostat thingy and it's 27 degrees in my hallway, no wonder the cats and Nero are all flopped out this evening. It's been gorgeous and sunny here all day today and apparantly going to be the same tomorrow, then a little change on Friday.....just in time for the weekend.
Hoping to get my chairs and table for the summer house on Friday and don't worry WS, i've not eaten that many cup cakes to get stuck in one.......well not yet anyway Very Happy

So sorry to hear about Harry, I know he was a good age but I also know you and Mrs S used to enjoy looking after him; it must have been upsetting for your friends, it's a very long time to have a pet.......Night Night Harry, sleep peacefully I love you

How was Legally Blonde Doogs? I don't know much about that show but I know it has been popular, how lovely to get free tickets.

Hows the rest of your decorating going PPH, I bet you haven't felt like doing much in all this heat, especially after being at work all day.

Don't know about you guy's but I think it's been a long week, I was convinced today was Thursday Embarassed now we still have two days at work to go What a Face

Hope everyone is enjoying the sun and staying safe and not going mad and getting sunburnt.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu May 24, 2012 1:36 pm

Great that we're all getting a bit of the old sunny just now. London appears to be scorching, lucky so and so's !! Hope it's like that in a few weeks time as we've 3 days there before heading off to Kenya Very Happy

Show was very good last night, really enjoyed it and even better it didn't cost anything for the tickets. I'll have to go and watch the film now to see how alike it is - would recommend it.

What a perfect time to get your chairs & table for the summer house LW - hope they do arrive tomorrow. Oooh poor you thinking yesterday was today - never mind, nearly Friday and another working week over Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 2 853843

Doogs drunken
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu May 24, 2012 1:46 pm

Glad you enjoyed it Doogs Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 2 853843

Kenya - how many days to go Doogs? I am sooooooooooooooooooooooo excited for you.

Still sunny here after a slow start, shame to be inside but hoping to get into the woods later.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu May 24, 2012 1:54 pm

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 2 71418 3 weeks on Saturday we head to London so 3 weeks on Monday we fly out to Kenya . . . . won't be long now Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 2 71418
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu May 24, 2012 2:35 pm

WOW WOW WOW I can't believe it - it's come around so quickly. We'll have to start a count down soon.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu May 24, 2012 4:10 pm

I know, where does the time go !!!

I've already started one in my work !!! 1st day was the 19th of May when I had 32 days to go. It's in a table format with 6 of my own photos along the top (Joy, Reticulated Giraffe, Baby Elephant, Shakira, Zebra & Big Boy) and has 5 rows of 7 boxes on the countdown. I mark the previous day off each day I come into work - Monday's are good as I get to mark off 3 days in one go lol!
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu May 24, 2012 5:08 pm

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 2 71418 love it Doogs, it sounds wonderful. I wish I was going to be there at the same time .... a bit longer for me to wait Very Happy

Wish I hadn't used the thing I found on Google - we've got 217 days or 7 months and 3 days Shocked What a Face

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next