Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  whitestarling on Thu May 24, 2012 5:16 pm

Now thats a positive way to deal with Mondays Doogs . It'll soon go Lai it'll be upon you before you know it
WS

Admin

http://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Thu May 24, 2012 6:19 pm

Glad you enjoyed the show last night Doogs but more importantly.......how quick has your trip to Kenya come around, I'm excited for you and what a fab way to be checking off the days until you go, you will have to post a little count down on here so we can all keep a check too.

Lai you could start one as well, it may make the time go quicker seeing all the days ticked off.

Boiling hot here again today and for the first time ever, Nero walked behind me on our walk today, he was all keen to go but the heat really got to him, he is now flat out on the kitchen floor.

Yahooooooo tomorrow is Friday......after my boob it should have been today Does anyone have anything wonderful planned for the weekend?

I may be going to my sisters for a BBQ, Keith has just brought one of those really mega all singing all dancing stainless steel BBQ's, he is trying it out tonight so that he doesn't burn everything before he entertains......sensible man. They have also just had one of those massive African seating huts erected in their garden too so it will be like being on Safari only with mini cats......the Maine Coons and not the Lions and Cheetahs........can't have everything I suppose lol!

Have a good one everyone.

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Fri May 25, 2012 8:44 am

Morning everyone

Another sunny day and it's going to be hot ... thankfully it's Friday and soon the weekend.

Same here with the dogs Littlewid, Tamu adores the heat and lies outside sunbathing all day, Penny is not so keen so I walk them in the woods a little later when it's a bit cooler.

That BBQ sounds awesome - hope you have a great time with your little lions. We've an African hut (no surprise there of course) and it's great to have meals out in the garden and watch all the birds. I just love this time of year.

Pete and I are taking my mum to see Carousel in Manchester tonight, should be fun, shame it's going to be the hottest day so far but the Lowry is well air conditioned!

I will be start my countdown soon Littlewid - and will have to be as inventive as Doogs

Have a great day everyone and enjoy the weekend whatever you're up to.

Lai Pai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 on Fri May 25, 2012 1:29 pm

Hi everyone.

Sorry I haven't been about much lately. Work is busy, trying to get things sorted for my maternity leave (still another 10 weeks to prepare) but with the weather like this I'm easily distracted and its really really busy!!

Doogs, I can't believe its nearly time for your Kenya trip! Time does fly! Can't wait to see pictures as its going to be while until we get there again!

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend and makes the most of this glorious sunshine Very Happy
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Fri May 25, 2012 2:15 pm

Only another 10 weeks Anne-Marie - i can't believe how quickly time has flown by Very Happy

In this heat you should be relazing with your feet up Very Happy

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne-Marie1981 on Fri May 25, 2012 3:57 pm

Relaxing?? Whats that?? Saying that, we have nothing planned this weekend, so I will certainly be out in the garden enjoying the sun!

Yep 10 weeks till I leave work and 14 weeks today baby is due Very Happy
Anne-Marie1981

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Sat May 26, 2012 8:55 am

Good Morning Everyone Very Happy

How was carousel last night Lai, I bet it was good, i've only seen the old film on the tele. Hope the evening wasn't too hot for your mum and that she enjoyed it.

Not long to go now till you give up work Anne-Marie or till the little bubs arrives either, very exciting. You look after yourself.

Fantastic sunny day here again today, and i'm sure it is where you all are as well. I'm going to be spending some time in my little summer house this weekend, at long last I have my chairs and table.

Have agreat day everyone sunny
littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Sat May 26, 2012 10:41 pm

Wow thats gone quick AM, take it easy, and get as much rest as you can, especialy in this hot weather.
The summer house looks brill LW and you've got everything done inc the table, and chairs just in time to enjoy this great weather at last.
Hope everyone's having a great weekend, and enjoying the weather

WS

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Sun May 27, 2012 7:39 am

Good Morning Everyone Very Happy

Well it looks like another blisteringly hot day today sunny Yesterday was boiling and I spent the day with my Niece and Nephew and my mum and then went to my sisters for a fab BBQ, sitting in her African Hut dreaming of Kenya
Lara & Kian stayed with my mum last night so going to see them this morning as next weekend they are off to Egypt for 10 days so I wont see them for a while, they are both so excited especially Lara who did a project on Egypt at school so to actually be going has sent her into an excited whirl

Hope everyone is enjoying the heat and staying safe and not getting burnt and generally having a fantastic weekend.

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy on Sun May 27, 2012 9:52 pm

Another hot weekend here in the 'shires

Spent most of it finishing the decorating, only the kitchen to do now :):)

We also moved the stuff we put in storage back into the flat and I bought a new table for the living room from a charity furniture shop. Its a bit bigger than the one I had before but it fits nicely into my living room

princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Mon May 28, 2012 12:24 pm

cheers Littlewid - I love your summer house, and hope you had lots of time to enjoy it.

What a hot weekend, but we mustn't complain otherwise it'll be raining before we know it.

Carousel was wonderful. Such an oldie but brilliantly done and as my mother was in Oklahoma when she was younger it was her era so she loved it. I had a wobbly chin at the end when they were singing 'You'll never walk alone' as did most of the audience. The Lowry is well air conditioned so it was lovely and we had a meal there before sitting outside.

Well done PPH - seems like you've got on really well with your decorating, that must be a relief for you.

Have a great day everyone.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs on Mon May 28, 2012 3:07 pm

Well it sounds like we all had great weather over the weekend, it was so nice to be able to enjoy it instead of being stuck in the office looking out the window at it !!! We’ve had a big change though today and gone is that lovely yellow thing that was in the sky sunny only to be replaced by clouds so it’s dull, overcast and dare I say it possibly rainy Crying or Very sad

I sat out in the garden all day Saturday (yes I resemble a red indian !) then Sunday we headed down to Kelso for the racing so enjoyed more of the hot stuff sunny Not a very successful day’s punting but enjoyed the day out. It was absolutely roasting and I couldn’t believe the 3 tannoy messages came across the racecourse asking people to go and get their dogs out of their car as they were becoming distressed, made me so angry Mad It was so hot yesterday that a human wouldn’t have sat in their car with no air conditioning on so why oh why would you leave your dog in the airless, seering heat ? :What: Didn’t hear anything otherwise so presume all dogs were ok, thankfully.

Lai it was not so long ago that I thought our holiday was weeks/months away and now it’s just upon us Your time will fly by and before you know it it will be your turn. Sounds like a lovely night eating outside then seeing Carousel with your mum. Good on the Lowry for having good air conditioning to keep you all cool Cool

Glad to hear you enjoyed your BBQ at the weekend LW, perfect weather for it. Loving the sound of the African seating hut your sister has bought and brilliant that you’ve also got one Lai (why am I not surprised that you have one ? ). Loving your Summer House, it looks really nice and lovely for relaxing in the garden.

Gosh AM your time is really flying by for bubs being born, only 10 weeks until your maternity leave, where does the time go ! :baby1: Hope you are keeping well. Did you get the chance to enjoy the sun and relax in the garden at the weekend ?

You’re getting there with the decorating PPH, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Nice table for the living room, looks like you got a bargain there.

Hope you also got lots of lovely sunshine WS and you were able to enjoy it with a nice cool pint or two of boddies drunken

Doogs Group Hug
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Mon May 28, 2012 6:48 pm

Ouch Doogs - hope you aren't too burned from the weekend - it was sooooooo hot Shocked it's changed here today and clouded over now and very muggy, I think a bit of Raining is on the way.

I can't believe people would leave their dogs in the car in such heat - do they need their heads examined? How would they like it? It makes me so mad Twisted Evil

Glad Kelso was fun but a shame it wasn't too successful.

Have a great evening everyone and don't forget Springwatch is on tonight

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Mon May 28, 2012 9:41 pm

Hi Guys
Its been glorious here to over the weekend,we've spent most of the weekend potttering otside in the afternoon doing Mrs S's pots, and containers. Mrs S is like you Doogs in the sunny she goes pink, then red, the, back to white. Whereas I only have to see the sunny for 1/2 Hr, and I'm brown which makes Mrs S Mad .
Glad you nesrly finished the decorating PPH, you could'nt have picked better weather for it Cool . The BBQ sounded fun LW, glad you had a good time. We still have the good weather here, a bit of cloud but still nice, at the moment we are sat outside, having a cup of Tea, well Mrs S is, I'm having something cooler drunken ..
I'm out tomorrow with the Add/moblie covering the Olyimpic Torch coming through North Wales so I'll try to get some pics if I can. Hope the weather's going to be nice for everyone for the Bank Holiday weekend

WS

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Tue May 29, 2012 11:25 am

Glad you mentioned that WS - we've got the Olympic torch passing through Macclesfield on 31st - road chaos with closures no doubt and no idea what time, might try and take a look.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs on Tue May 29, 2012 12:59 pm

Still dull and horrible here today - well definitley horrible compared to the weekend !!! Laughing

I do go pink WS but where Mrs S goes back to white I'm quite lucky and go tanned :) You're making me rather Mad knowing you only have to look at the sunny for ½ an hour and you go brown, lucky so and so !!

Looking forward to seeing your photos of the Olympic Torch passing through - we're got to wait until the 11th of June before it reaches the dizzy heights of the North East of Scotland !!

Doogs drunken
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Tue May 29, 2012 1:12 pm

Just had a look and am thinking I won't be watching, it's due at sometime after 9am with the roads being closed from 8am until 11am. I've got an electrician coming at 8.30am so not sure I can be in two places at the same time!

You're a long way north Doogs from here so the 11th sound about right Laughing

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Tue May 29, 2012 11:11 pm

Sorry been a bit of a long day. I've got a couple of short videos that I need to upload on you tube, and some pics I need to edit. I will post them tonorrow. Still got the sunny today Doogs I'm glad to say.
WS

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy on Wed May 30, 2012 3:55 pm

I have the next two days off work so today is the turn of the bedroom to be painted, its the last room to be done and I think we chose the best day for it as the weather has changed for the worse. Lots of Raining Raining Raining with thunder and lightning.

First coat of paint today and the second coat tomorrow and then I'll have a nice newly painted room to Sleeping in
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Wed May 30, 2012 4:13 pm

cheers PPH - you must be thrilled you've nearly finished, and even better you've got the next 2 days off. Shame about the weather, we're still okay here, I think it's due to change tomorrow but so far sunny and cooler than last weekend.

Hope you'll stop the painting in time for Springwatch tonight Laughing

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy on Wed May 30, 2012 4:16 pm

will definitely stop painting for Springwatch, not sure where I'll watch it though as all the stuff from the bedroom is in the living room and can barely see the TV.

I think I might move my portable TV into the bedroom tonight along with the 'essentials' and watch Springwatch snuggled in bed with a glass of red
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs on Wed May 30, 2012 5:16 pm

Good luck with the painting PPH, you're nearly there Very Happy That will be a nice long weekend you'll have as I presume you're off on Monday & Tuesday for the Queens Jubilee ?
Still dull and chilly here but no Rain - yet !

Looking forward to the pictures WS Very Happy

More Dawa Doogs money earned last night as I was in work until 7.45pm and it looks like I'm going to be late again tonight affraid

Doogs lion cub
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Wed May 30, 2012 6:57 pm

Olympic Torch pics from Pebbles the Add/Van

Pebbles Reports on the Olympic Torch
I woke up yesterday full of excitement. I was going to do the Olympic Torch Relay, my suspension was quivering with anticipation. Off I set for Llandudno early to get a good spot. I parked myself on the... promenade, ready for the Torch. Would you believe it, the Torch passed straight by me, with out passing it on.

I thought right, your not getting away with that, so I got myself into gear, and did a quick sprint round the A55 into Abergele/Pensarn, I was a bit out of puff when I got there, it was really warm, still anything for a good cause. Then the Police Motorbike outriders appeared tooting their sirens, and waving, I got all excited again, and built myself up, for the handover,
I couldn’t believe it the dam thing went past me again without stopping.

Ok Torch I decided I’ll give you one last chance, to have the honour of passing it over to Pebbles. Off I dashed again, all round the outside of the route to the Rhuddland bypass roundabout. I was getting a bit tired by now, my oil pressure was up, and my radiator was feeling the heat. It was alright for the Torch, it was getting a new engine, every mile or so.

Here we go again. First the Police riders, then the Olympic Coach, and then NOTHING. What I thought has happened ? . I heard someone say the Torch had got on the Coach. A new engine every few miles, and it got on the Coach, and there’s me all exhausted from running around, and it got on the Coach ( Sob ).

Flaming wimp, I’m not doing all this the next time it comes to Wales, I can tell you
Love Pebbles

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Thu May 31, 2012 9:26 am

You the man WS aka Pebbles ROFL

Love the photos and clips, lucky you having a sunny day. We've got the torch this morning and it's raining of course!

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs on Thu May 31, 2012 2:04 pm

lol! great account of your day 'Pebbles'. Was it anyone known/famous that was carrying the torch ? I don't recognise anyone from your pictures. You were very lucky with the weather, all our sunny has most definitely gone and we now have the Rain (the plants will be happy !)

Thanks for sharing WS :)
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum