Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  littlewid on Thu May 31, 2012 5:50 pm

Brilliant story telling there pebbles what a day you had and I loved the way in one of the clips the policeman nearest to the Ad/Mobile had a good old look at it.......checking it out, Mmmmm wonder why......maybe it had boddies hidden in there lol!

Oh yes, was it anyone famous holding the torch? I think we have the torch in June sometime, I can't remember Embarassed

Sounds like the decorating has gone well PPH, good for you, it's lovely when it's all done isn't it and it's just in time for the summer cheers

You seem to be working lots of extra hours Doogs, good for the Dowa Doogs but don't wear yourself out now.

have a great evening everyone and enjoy Springwatch tonight and Unsprung.

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:22 pm

No there was nobody famous doing the runs, it was local people who have contributed things to the community, and thats how I think it should be really. We have wall to wall sunny . I decided for a change it was far to nice to sit inside a pub drinking.
So we're sat out side instead drunken
WS
I just love it when a plan comes together

Admin

http://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:27 pm

ROFL Bump you are a nutter WS.......but you keep us lol! lol! lol!

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:40 am

Morning Everyone Very Happy

Looks like it's hotting up for a glorious day sunny a great start to the long weekend bounce

Has anyone got any festivities planned for the Jubilee weekend? I don't think anything is going on in the village which surprises me a little.

My sister is having another BBQ tomorrow which will be lovely but no Lara, Kian, Emma & Tom as they have flown off to Egypt this morning for ten days, i'm sure they will have a fantastic time.

My pc is playing up this morning, every time I try and open a cam or a news link I have found explorer plays up, so not sure whats going on today but it's been slowly driving me nuts this morning What a Face

Off to do a lovely food shop today but may just buzz off somewhere else more exciting first bounce

Have a great day everyone.

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:52 pm

Sun ??? lucky you Littlewid, it's cold and drizzly here and just been to the next door village fete.

Our village is doing a street party tomorrow, the forcast is dismal so not sure what plan B is - will have to wait and see!

Lucky them going to Egypt what an amazing time they'll have. Enjoy the BBQ and fingers crossed we all get some sunny

Have a great evening everyone.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:15 pm

Hopefully the weather will shine on all the street Partys tomorrow, Monday & Tuesday Lai and I hope yours is a cracker.
I have just found out that there is a street party for a few streets joining together in the village. I have just walked Nero and a gentleman who was tidying his garden told me about it, sadly our street is not involved but I will be BBQing in the African Hut tomorrow Very Happy
If you get to take any pictures Lai I would love to see them, it must be amazing to be involved in a street party.

Turning a bit more dismal here now as well but it has been sunny and dry, now its getting a bit windy too.

Had a phone call from the airport, they got there in time, all checked in, had breakfast and were watching all the planes and they were due to fly at 11.55am, so hopefully all was well, haven't heard anything to say the flight has been delayed.
I am sure they will have a fantastic time Lai, I adored Egypt when I was there and managed to do so much as well.

Did a bit of clothes shopping today as well as the dreaded food run and got a climber for my sweet pea plant, all I need now is the soil for it.......thats tomorrows job before the BBQ Very Happy

Have a fun evening all.
littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:16 pm

Glad they got to the airport okay and all on time, must be a busy flying day today, lots of activity from Manchester airport over our house today!

I love sweat peas, one of my favourites Littlewid, and they are so pretty with a beautiful scent - hope the sun shines so you can plant tomorrow.

I'll take my camera unless it's really tipping down. I'm going to have to Sky+ all the Jubilee stuff tomorrow I really want to see the river parade, should be amazing.

Have a great evening.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:48 pm

There is a lot of Jubilee stuff on tomorrow, the Thames Pageant is on BBC1 at 1.30pm till 6pm, then on ITV1 at 6.30 it's All the Queens Horses Jubillee Special till 8.30 and on BBC1 at 7.30 it's Gary Barlow, On Her Majestys Service and on Monday on BBC1 at 7.30 it's the Diamond Jubilee Concert with loads of really big stars and should be great.

Hope you get to see some of it Lai but as you say, you can sky+ it.

Sweat Peas are gorgeous aren't they and the beauty is, the more you pick the flowers the more you get. It's pouring with rain at the moment so I am hoping tomorrow is dry and I can get my little plant potted safely.

I reckon loads of people have gone to the sunshine this weekend......lets hope we all get some too sunny

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:25 am

Well late last night we had Raining Rain Raining Rain Raining Raining Raining Raining Raining Raining Raining it was awful, this morning is dull and the rain is not as bad but it's still Rain Rain Rain Rain lets hope it clears up and everyone having a jubilee party today has a good time.

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:06 am

Sky+d everything Littlewid so we don't miss anything! It's torrential rain now and not set to clear at all until tomorrow. Plan B is they are using the village hall so we should be okay.

Yes, that's the beauty of sweet peas, the more you pick the more you get, I do hope you can get out planting in between the Raining

Have a great day and a good toast to the Queen and her Diamond Jubilee drunken we've got a nice bottle of bubbly on ice cheers

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:09 pm

Despite the very British weather the Street party was quite something - all in the village hall which is not big and probably 150 people squeezed in throughout the 3 hours. It was bring and share, so plenty of food an amazing jubilee cake, and on our part a certain amount of bubbly to celebrate, lots of friends around and a great time. The kids all went outside and played toss the wellie and rounders in the rain What a Face and the local folk dancing lot came and did a few dances. All in all wonderfully British and a lot of fun.

Hope everyone else has had a good day Laughing

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:33 pm

Soiunds like an amazing time Lai......I would have loved a go at the wellie tossing and I would always be up for a game of rounders, loved that at school and was in the rounders team Very Happy
At least the rain didn't put a dampner on the festivities which was nice. I am sure the street party up the road from me went on even though we did have rain this morning but no-where near last nights. My sister and bro-in-law were driving back from Surrey last night quite late and they had the torrential rain and lightening, Keith said you couldn't really see the road and the puddles/flooding was so deep the cars were just getting covered with the lashings of rain from the roads as well, it was pretty hairy apparantly.

did you manage to get any photo's of your street party Lai? I didn't go to a street party but we did gather at my sisters, as you know my Niece Emma and her partner Tom and the kids are in Egypt (and loving it from the phone call) but my Nephew Simon and his partner Emily and their two little ones Ella and Theo were there , Theo is only 7 months old but bless him he just giggled all day and Ella bossed us all about all day and had us in fits of laughter.

Got my sweet peas planted Lai, did them this evening when I got home, I have got them on one of those wicker round baskets with the tall wicker stands that go round in a circle, kind of like an obelisk.

Glad you have everything on sky+ I have missed the River Pageant but I do want to see the concert.

Hope everyone else has had a good day.
littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:15 am

I didn't take my camera, which was probably just as well, we were like sardines at one point! Now of course I wish I had as the kids had made some very beautiful cardboard crowns with lots of little stickers and jewels.

They reckon there were over 10,000 street parties going on yesterday which is pretty impressive Very Happy

It sounds like you had a fun day too Littlewid and your sweet pea obelisk will be stunning once they start flowering - a photo opportunity I feel sure cheers Driving when the weather's that bad is pretty scary.

Loved the river pageant, the concert and the Queen's horses - and had square eyes afterwards What a Face although having Sky+d it all we were able to cut out the ads on ITV and cut through some of the river pageant which was very long.

Have a great day today everyone.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:22 am

Good Morning Everyone Very Happy

Thats the beauty of sky+ isn't it, all the adverts can go Very Happy glad you enjoyed everything Lai and today there is the concert from Buckingham Palace, it starts at 7.30pm and goes on till 10.45pm and in between that there is Springwatch, could have square eyes again today Very Happy

I understand why you didn't take your camera but as you say, seeing those crowns made by the children would be lovely. 10,000 street parties, thats brilliant, I think it's lovely for the country to get behind something of historic making cheers

A dismal start to the day here at the moment but hopefully it will brighten up, if not I feel another Garden centre trip coming on.

Have a great Bank Holiday Monday everyone

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:17 pm

cheers for the heads up, I will Sky+ the concert as we're going out for something to eat with some friends tonight. It's sunny one minute and tipping down the next, so just off out to top up the bird feeders while it's dry.

A trip to the garden centre sounds like a perfect idea, we've just taken my mum to Waitrose via a Costa coffee and cake Laughing

Have a great day everyone.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:02 am

Been a brilliant sunny day all day here today. We had a Jubilee Garden Party this afternoon held by the owners of the Caravan Park on the farm where we live. It should have been tomorrow, but I suggested they move it to today as we're forcast Raining tomorrow, and it worked out perfect, thank heavens otherwise we could have been evicted . Mrs S loves sweet peas, where we lived before we had a large fence at the bottom of the garden, and I stapeled a big net to it, and the sweet peas covered, the scent was lovely. So she had the idea, of putting them in a container this year, as we have nowhere to train them up. To solve that problem she found some hooped canes. so they dont go upto a point, and get all tangeled.

Pics to come when we have flowers
WS

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:03 am

Good Morning Everyone Very Happy

How did the Jubilee Party go WS, I hope it was a good one and brilliant that the sunny came out on the right day for you.........would hate to see you and Mrs S as Nomads lol!

Looking forward to seeing Mrs S's sweat peas in full bloom, they are wonderful flowers are they and i'm looking forward to mine growing and flowering too, I will post a pic of mine, before and after.

I'm off to work today, we were given the choice of either going in and having a day off another time or taking today off, so as it will be dead quiet in my department I have decided to go in and get loads done in the peace and quiet and have a day off later on...........on a nice hot sunny day when I can take the kids out Very Happy

Have a good day eveyone.

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:36 am

Great idea for the sweet peas WS. Ours have had a disaster, must have been out too early and the frost has got the lot, so time to start again. It's sad as it's the one thing we grow well What a Face

Glad you changed your Jubilee party WS - today the weathers changing again and not for the better!

Good idea to swap your days Littlewid and get a sunny one later on.

Have a good day everyone.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:22 pm

Well work wasn't bad at all, got loads done and the phone didn't ring cheers It was nice and sunny here this morning but then this afternoon it has poured down, so i'm glad i'm swapping my day, I will make sure it's sunny all day for my swap sunny bounce

I did watch the Jubilee concert last night and I must say that they really shouldn't have put on Cliff, Maca & Elton or grace Jones, they were a tad embarrasing I thought but maybe its just me. Highlight for me was Alfie Boe and also Tom Jones, he hasn't lost it Very Happy

Caught a little bit of the celebration on the TV when I got home, just managed to see the Queen on the balcony, didn't she look lovely.

Hopefully the rain will stop soon so I can take nero out.

Have a good evening everyone
littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:29 pm

I Agree Littlewid - we've watched some of the concert last night when we got back and some this afternoon and still some to go but Elton has lost his voice, ditto Maca and Cliff and Grace is just bizarre! I loved Madness up on the roof what an amazing thing to do ....

Glad your day at work was okay - a short week now which is brilliant.

Have a great evening everyone.

Lai Pai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs on Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:38 pm

Where has this long weekend gone, can't believe it's Tuesday night already :o I could get used to these 4 day weekend/3 day weeks Laughing

Spent the weekend at mum Mum & Dads looking after Syd, picked my folks up from the station on Sunday at 6pm then we all had a Chinese for tea, a few drinks and we ended up staying at Mum & Dads instead of going home. I was supposed to be off work today but ended up going in from 9.30am to 1pm as my boss is very busy. I'll get the day back as it was a public holiday and also some extra pennies for my trouble

Glad to hear you had and enjoyed a street party Lai, sounded a really good, fun day with plenty to eat and drink drunken Great that everyone got into the spirit of things.

Sounds like you also had a good day on Sunday LW, lots of people gathering at your sisters cheers Sometimes to go into work when it's quieter can be so much more productive and that certainly sounds the case with you today LW.

Good thinking to move your party from today to yesterday WS, were you right with your prediction of rain rain for today ? Well done Mrs S for putting the Sweet Peas where she has, they will be lovely when they flower flower

There has been some great programmes about the Royal Family and also lots of wonderful footage of all that's been happening in London with the Jubilee. Enjoyed watching the boats going down the Thames on Sunday, it was some sight. Watched the majority of the concert last night which was generally good but there was a few rather iffy performances from people I thought really should be singing better ! i.e. I agree with Lai & LW re Cliff, Elton & Macca ! I also thought Cheryl Cole (who looked stunning) was awful in her duet with Gary Barlow, she ruined a great song.

Back to work tomorrow Crying or Very sad but at least it's a short week :) 8 more working days until Kenya for me

Doogs :)
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs on Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:22 pm

As I was downloading my pictures of Syd from my phone I realised that I also had a photo of my 'Kenyan Countdown' that I have up in my work. Not the best of quality but just to let you see how I'm wishing my life away at the moment !! Laughing

Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:02 am

I can't believe it's only 8 working days until you go Doogs - time has seriously flown by.

I hope you're charging your batteries, getting plenty of memory cards and are both ready to take zillions of photos Laughing

ps I love your Kenya countdown - that's so brilliant.

Lai Pai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:57 am

Brilliant Doogs such short time to go now. I can feel the excitement from here Hope you get loads of pics for us to see. Sorry I have to disagree on the 4 day bank holiday No cos for me its 4 days working, and 3 off Still as you say Doogs its extra penny's.
We agree with the comments on the Jubilee Concert, as Mrs S says some of them dont know when to stop, perhaps they will if they watch a recording of it. Thought the back drop scenes beamed onto the Palace in the Madness slot were Brill, bet the Queen thought she got squatters lol!
The Jubilee garden Party went really well here, it was gloriuos sunny
and yesterday bang on 3-00pm when it was due to start, it started Raining so I'm the Like a Star @ heaven weather forcaster for Hunters Hamlet
WS

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:20 pm

Hello everyone

I'm not sure if any of you use LinkedIn - if you do see link below re changing your password.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18338956

Lai

Last edited by Laikipia on Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum