Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  gregrowlerson on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:39 am

Yep, mummy definitely the most reliable choice; I was hardly likely to be rejected Laughing

It was kinda good of me I suppose to take her (could have taken a male friend or brother), though didn't really have any 'options' on the dating side of thingys (Lai is based overseas and also happens to be married http://www.picgifs.c ) hehe. If I had taken someone of Censored interest then I probably would have been distracted during the gig anyhoo, and thinking about taking full advantage for the effect that The Script had had on her later that night Cool Laughing

Not back until the 22nd! Damn you Galapogas islands (for taking Lai away and for being soooo bloody hard to spell Laughing )! I might have to go on a chocolate bender to get through this fortnight...oh no! I forgot to check for cheap easter eggs at the supermarket when I went this evening. Double damn!

But you know that I will really miss you heaps Mrs Kipia, so a big Hugs from me, and best wishes on your grand adventure!

Don't forget your camera Very Happy

Smart move with the non betting WS Cool

And that's quite amusing what you said about Mrs S having success through word association, because it relates to that stereotype of the man studying the form guide all day and falling flat on his face! The motto? If you're going to bet, go with your gut feeling Razz

G http://i77.servimg.c R (as bad a singer as I imagine this giraffe is Laughing )
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:14 am

Thanks WS and What a Face no pressure there at all for photos!

GR you are funny and I agree about the spelling, it takes me two attempts to get Galapagos right Laughing A choccie bender is such an ace idea ......... half price eggs everywhere at the moment so go for it cheers

Which reminds me G Giraffe Giraffe http://i77.servimg.c R - what is happening on the http://i77.servimg.c front? I am guessing Leo and Bella and TSP are taking up all your time at the moment, so no time for I love you Censored

Batteries all charges, camera bag nearly packed and ready, so much to think about and working a half day. Dogs to kennels later Sad but needs must and if I don't think about packing soon I will forget vital bits.

Spring is here today (in the UK GR) so enjoy and catch up in a couple of weeks

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:47 am

Maybe there were no easter eggs at the supermarket as you'd reckon I'd bloody see them! I guess I was thinking too much of the important stuff like smackos for the dogs and pasta for me.

And for the dogs too Very Happy

And writing ideas too most probably. And I tend not to write about easter eggs Laughing

"Which reminds me GR"...it's rather amusing how you introduced this because...

Are women going at half price?! Laughing

"I am guessing Leo and Bella and TSP are taking up all your time at the moment, so no time for I love you Censored " That's certainly what I'm telling people lol!

Nothing at present, but something will happen when I least expect it, so stop reminding me! Laughing

I am going to the footy with my kinda boss on May 10, and we are shouting a group from our biggest customer, Metricon Homes. I was trying to get him to invite their female estimators, but alas, it's just going to be the guys Evil or Very Mad Laughing Well you never know what could of happened. A few http://www.picgifs.c , one thing leads to another http://i77.servimg.c , and all of a sudden its...

http://i77.servimg.c !

I just got a text! Seriously. Okay, checking it now. I am guessing it's mother...

I was wrong. But it's 'just' a male friend. But a good one! And how apt is this? He is talking about the show Curb Your Enthusiasm! Razz

Have fun with the rest of the packing Eccentric http://i77.servimg.c and make sure that Pete doesn't forget his gear too. You know what us men are like; very forgetful Very Happy
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:55 am

affraid Whatever you do Lai dont forget your Vital Bits, it's no fun with out them ROFL
WS ROFL

Admin

http://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:57 am

You the man GR and WS and ROFL I can't even think of packing, such a last minute thing for me but the vital bits are essential, camera and bits that go with and binos and http://i70.servimg.c I'm there!

Lai
aka Mrs Kipia et al
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:31 pm

silent Embarassed Laughing

What's next? Talk of what's Pete packin'?

lol!

flower flower flower flower

http://i70.servimg.c I am purrfect again! Those flowers work everytime Laughing

GR Razz tongue

P.S. Is there a special animal that you are targeting to see on the islands Lai? A particular bird? Or are you just going to wing it?

Now that's even badder than the bad jokes Laughing

gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:41 pm

GR - shouldn't you be Sleeping by now???

No idea what we'll see on the islands so it will be a great surprise. I've watched David Attenborough et al doing programmes on Galapagos so have an idea but really looking forward to a change of wildlife, not that I don't love all things Africa for sure.

Yes the flower flower flower work GR

Mrs Kipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:56 pm

Sleeping soonish Mrs Kipia Very Happy

It sounds like it will be a wonderful tour for you; I think that being around so many fellow wildlife obsessed people will enhance the holiday still further! There will be magical moment after magical moment after magical moment...

Well I have my for you!

flower GR flower
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:17 pm

Thanks GR. I am pretty excited now, always good to have a new experience.

Oh and a party on the last night on the boat, loud shirts for men and sparkly for the women drunken cheers http://i70.servimg.c http://www.picgifs.c

Right I must go ......................... bye for just now.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:49 pm

OMG I hope I haven't missed you Lai, I am trying to catch up on here but have stopped for now as I see you leave tomorrow for your adventure at the Galapagos Islands. How exciting is that, I am sure you will have a fab time, I am a little envious so yes, want to see lots of pics on your return.
I really hope I haven't missed you. Have fun, we will surely miss our chief albino but we wish you a fab time and look forward to your return......not just for the pics and rabbit but because we will miss you.
littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:06 pm

Thanks Littlewid, almost packed and sorted, not at all sure about what to take, give me Africa any day, it's so easy!

Hoping you are okay Littlewid, and able to move around a bit and that the scan goes okay. I will have every thing crossed so

Will catch up on our return and be sure to post a few photos eventually

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:13 pm

It is now well past your Sleeping if you have an early start in the morning Lai so no chance you will be looking in here again before you head off, I will drop you a wee text just to wish you and Pete a wonderful holiday Cool Group Hug

I would say that was more a case of paying attention to Springwatch than knowledge re the Lapwings !!!

WOW £422.50 WOW

Have fun and looking forward to hearing all about it on your return . . . . . . . .
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs on Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:27 pm

Afternoon everyone cheers

Got a text from Lai at 9.15pm last night to say they had landed safely Cool after a longish flight. She said she will text with any interesting snippets for the forum if she gets a signal on the boat Very Happy

I've swapped my Bingo night this week (going tonight instead) due to going to a Hula Hoop class last night for the first time, wanted to try it for a laugh. Well would you believe the girl who was due to take the class was ill so we ended up doing a Zumba class instead affraid My co-ordination for these things is terrible so I tried but I think I failed miserably !!! lol!

Think the weather may be improving . . . slightly

Doogs Group Hug
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:07 pm

It's great Lai had a safe journey, and it will be brilliant if she manages to send some text updates. I know where you went wrong with the Zumba, you should have had a few http://www.picgifs.c http://www.picgifs.c drunken it would have give you more fluidity Weathers not really any better here yet Sad
WS

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson on Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:59 am

ROFL WS ROFL

Doogs, I would be no good at any hoola-hooping or Zumba stuff either! The latter is like a dance, am I right?

And like Phil Collins, I can't dance Laughing

Thanks for passing on Lai's text. Nice to hear that Pete and her are safe and sound and right now - hopefully - fully enjoying the fruits of their hard labour with some wonderful holiday time. that she will get a signal so that we can get some snippets Very Happy

The weather here has been kinda nice this week. Early 20's I suppose during the day and then coolish at night, so it is extra easy for the pooches on their evening walks now. I am a little tired after the working week, but very happy not to be working tomorrow, so shall try a sleep in (or more aptly term it a snooze or snuggle in Very Happy ) for a good length of the morning. Plenty of chill out time for me with nothing on (don't mean I'll be naked though Cool ). Next weekend I have a family get together day, and the one after a friends house warming.

Major Laughing The weather report just came on during an add break (got the TV on mute until the footy comes on) and the next seven days are forecast rain affraid

LW, hope that your back is on the mend Group Hug How was the MRI scan?
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs on Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:06 pm

I definitely should have had a few http://www.picgifs.c before my class WS My calves are a bit on the tight side today - to say the least !!! affraid pale Yes GR it's various kinds of dancing - safe to say I will not be auditioning for a part in Dirty Dancing should it ever come along Laughing

Early 20's of a temperature oooh that sounds lovely sunny but news of Rain on the way is not so good No Hope you enjoyed your day off today, did you manage to get that long lie as you hoped?? Sleep

Well it's Friday again No plans for me apart from watching sport . . . footie/golf tonight, racing/golf on Saturday oh and there will be more golf to watch on Sunday Very Happy

Have a good weekend everyone
Doogs Group Hug
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:36 pm

Oh My Goodness, I keep meaning to have a major catch up on here but keep failing Embarassed , what I can glean is that..........
GR & Lai have been talking food and especially a lot about chocolate and Easter eggs.....very scrummy
GR says he has nothing on but is not naked.......thank heavens for that or the forum might get banned affraid
Mrs Kapia has gone off to the Galapogas and hopefully she hasn't forgotten her vital bits....that could be painful or embarrassing Very Happy
Doogs has been working too hard and then calls a relaxing weekend a sporty weekend......sure you got that right Doogs scratch and then hula hoop turned into zumba.....very topsy turvey!
PPH is still swimming cheers and has been birdwatching, was it buzzards PPH.? my memory has failed me there Embarassed
WS had car trouble but thats now all sorted cheers

I have probably missed loads but great to hear that Lai & Pete got to the Galapagos ok and hopefully we will get little snippets from texts to Doogs cheers
Sounds like you are having nice weather GR, we are supposed to have temps of 18 on Sunday but lets wait and see!

Hope everyone is up for a nice weekend. Emma, Tom, Lara & Kian came back from Mexico yesterday so I will be catching up with them over the weekend, I had a phone call this morni g and it's great to have them home again.

Have a great weekend everyone.
littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson on Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:52 am

LW, your post here is a wonderful reason for why I love the WAA and you guys so much Group Hug

What I usually do is check my phone online for updates late at night in bed and then again first thing in the morning, and last night reading this post made me smile and laugh heaps. It was a real cracker Very Happy

So a You the man is greatly deserved OK

Scrummy is potentially a term for those too lazy to use the word scrumdidillyumptious Laughing But I like it Very Happy
I laughed a lot about me getting the forum banned!
Vital bits was just too much, and I lost it!

But I think these must just be typos, because could older (only a little Laughing ) British folk really be that Censored ? Can't possibly be, so I've figured that you're referring to vita brits, because it's vital to have a nourishing breakfast in the morning, as we all know.

You are all vital brits to me.

I may even use the 'vita brits' in a story, and we will know it as vital bits! I need my Censored jokes to be more subtle Laughing

And I used to have vita brits often as a child...and I am childish again now Razz

Doogs is obviously a girl of action LW, or possibly a little mad Laughing

Doogsy, I don't mind the rain too much (that and the cold probably means that I just spend longer in my giraffey suit), and it's not like we get monsoonal conditions in Melbourne. So a lot of the time it is just a pleasant drizzle.

I awoke at 7am this morning, but then didn't get out of bed until 9am Sleeping

In recent years I don't take as much interest in sport as what I used to (except for cycling, by the way, the Giro starts in three weeks! http://i70.servimg.c ), but last nights football match was pretty incredible. My team Essendon have been hounded by the media for these 'apparent' drug scandals, and then were losing 7 goals to 1 at halftime playing away from home. They came back to win! My mum was crying (we were texting each other). It was a real backs against the wall effort. I think that they may even win the premiership this season (even though they didn't play finals last year). Essendon are 3-0 now.

It's funny that when I go and see my folkies on a Thursday night that I usually have no idea about the latest football gossip (and there is always something because Melbourne is obsessed and 'precious' with it; I told my mum last night that you could burn the Qur'an in Saudi Arabia and not get such an over reaction to stuff!), and they are all over it because they ALWAYS have the TV on Laughing and are regular readers of the newspaper (this is better). I on the otherhand live in a bubble! Or a cocoon. Caterpillar is I Razz

World War 3 could start and I wouldn't know about it! By the time angry foreigners arrive at my doorstep I'll still be posting on here Laughing

There is racing on here today too, because Black Caviar - soooo famous that I am guessing all of you have heard of her - is racing again, hoping to keep her unbeaten run alive. I think it is about 25 wins without loss now affraid

It is the US Masters this weekend right Doogsy? Embarassed to say that I don't really take any interest in that sort of thing now. I did used to get up a little early and watch the last rounds of that and the British Open sometimes, but I am a little lazier now in my old age Razz

Your calves should be on the mend by the time that green jacket gets presented Very Happy
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:56 pm

We do'nt do drizzle in the UK What a Face Gales, and Rain today, although it is warmer, a nice balmy 14C. I'd never hear of Black Caviar I do'nt follow Racing, but I saw on the news that it had won, I think that was its 25th win. I saw the end of the Grand Prix this morning, and at the moment I'm watching the Golf, but I'll have to switch channels now because the football highlights are on, and I have to see how Man U got on today. Hope everyones had a good weekend.
WS
Ps GR you might not get up early to watch the open, but I stayed up late, brilliant finish, and full of drama. An Aussie won it in the playoff Adam Scott.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs on Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:11 pm

Hope everyone had a good weekend. It was funny weather wise up here in Scotland, very wild, windy and Rain at times then just a few hours later lovely sunny very bizarre !

Wonderful summary of what you have missed on this thread LW, that was very well written and definitely made me Laughing Great to hear the 'crew' are back from Mexico, hope they had a good time and you managed to catch up with them at the weekend.

GR I do love a bit of the old sporting action and I'm definitely mad - whichever way you want to think !!! Wink No way was a team down 7-1 at half time and came back to win !!! amazing stuff How many bets were placed at the local bookies at half time !! Laughing Wink Oooooh Black Caviar, she is such an amazing racehorse. I've seen quite a few of her races on the racing programmes over here and of course she ran at Royal Ascot last year (please come again back this year), she is a real superstar Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Calves are A OK now Wink

Hope you enjoyed the Golf WS, it was a late night/early morning but worth staying up for, very exciting finish

Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson on Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:10 pm

The nights are very cold here now (great giraffey onesie suit weather) and even had the heater on the other night affraid Laughing Yesterday morning I allowed the pooches in soon after 3am, so it was a case of very special priviledges for all of us Very Happy Bella really feels the cold that's for sure. Yesterday evening we also snuggled for an hour - a friend called but I didn't bother to get up and answer it Sleeping Laughing - and even Leo was under the blankets a lot. It's really amazing with his different demeanours. First thing in the morning I swear you've never met a more peaceful creature. It's as the day goes on that he gets a little out of control at times. Today he tore up part of a book and a DVD cover affraid so not too happy with him there, but I don't care about what was destroyed (it's only personal momentos or laptop that would really upset me) and I hardly paid them any attention at lunchtime (I had a shower as I was in too much of a rush - too much Sleeping ) for a shave this morning and was getting rather hairy Laughing But something that occured to me just earlier was that I ought to at least try to get back to short morning walks. Like when Bella and I first came to this unit (May last year) we walked often in the morning, even if just five minutes up the street and back (part of this was to clear out her system before I left for work). But then I got lazy. So two walks a day would be a good way to keep Leo better behaved I think. Well I know that I will not achieve that always as I am not a morning person, but at least some extra walks is a good idea.

I am not getting flustered much now by anything that happens with Leo though, and I have almost cried a couple of times at tender moments with him, seeing how happy he is and feeling really great that we've bought him into our room. He's an awfully loveable lad.

Doogs, sounds like you had some Melbourne weather in Scotland Laughing

I have to work tomorrow after a late change in shifts No but still looking forward to the extra hour snooze in I shall get in the morning Sleeping http://i70.servimg.c

Black Caviar has just been retired! Which is big news for all those horse racing freaks! It seemed like the good time to end it like the trainer said, but I thought it funny when they said that the horse had told him that it was time; cause I thought, if she told him that it was time after a few races I don't think he would have listened Laughing

And alas, she will not be returning to Royal Ascot.

Doogs, the 7-1 down wasn't in soccer (which would be an impossible comeback)! AFL is a very high scoring sport, so maybe not quite as incredible as you imagine. It was like being 2-0 down in soccer and winning 3-2 Laughing

Very difficult writing this just now with Leo and Bella wrestling beside me. They are crazy! But I don't want to move from the couch to the kitchen table as it is far too cold! The couch is rather toasty Very Happy

And after some significant 'demanding' time from Leo I've thrown him out, though not for too long.

WS, hope the car is chugging along well, and LW, that your back is on the mend.
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:24 am

Good morning all and it's good to be back in the UK. Sorry no snippets while we were away, I was forgetting that we were at sea when not on the islands and that signals were not to be found except once!

Hope all has been well in the UK and that everyone is okay?

We got back Monday afternoon, minus one suitcase (a recurring theme for us) anyway it was delivered yesterday so all well. The dogs are fine and glad to be home although the kennels treats them superbly, especially Penny with all her medicines and diet.

Galapagos was such an experience - truly amazing to get so close to the iguanas, sea lions, giant tortoises and birds. Probably my all time favourite experience was deep sea snorkelling with the sea lions, they are so inquisitive and swam right up close and personal to have a look. We also swam with manta rays, white tipped reef sharks and some stunning fish - sadly I don't have an underwater camera but some people did.

Anyway, I will eventually post some pics or a video clip although I haven't yet downloaded my photos. Sadly a lot of work to catch up with!

I will catch up soon with WAA as I am sure I have missed lots of news and exciting threads.

Lai Group Hug

aka silent rabbit albino
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:54 am

Welcome back Lai
Sounds like you had a truely fantastic time, and I know we will all be looking forward to your news, and photos, but first you must have loads of work, and stuff to catch up with, and its best to get that all sorted first. Glad the Dogs were OK when you got back, and its good to hear Penny is fine, and they look after her so well. You get everything sorted first thats the main thing, then you can entertain us all, at your lesuire
WS

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:55 am

http://i70.servimg.c http://i70.servimg.c http://i70.servimg.c http://i70.servimg.c

leopard in Tree Lai is back!
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:06 pm

Laughing Always just behind you Grandfather Clock!

As I was about to post, my outlook email highlights one new message (I get a message when a thread I am posting on receives comment) so I think, "I bet that's WS posting here!"

Your underwater experiences sound amazing Lai, but I echo WS' sentiments about catching up with work before you entertain us at your leisure. Very Cool choice of words Foxrobin Very Happy

You lose a suitcase and come back to a nutcase (yours truly). Is that a fair trade?
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum