Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  Laikipia on Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:10 pm

lol! Funny man Giraffey Boy - yup back to WAA and GR king rabbit albino and WS Foxrobin humour ROFL

So work is What a Face Razz No confused but will be hoping to download photos later this week.

Mrs Kipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:40 pm

Yeeeeah you're back Lai

Great to have you back, sounds like you had a wonderful time, can't wait to hear all about it and see your pictures Cool Can't believe you had another suitcase mishap !! Glad it has now turned up though Very Happy I'm sure you will both be relieved that the dogs were fine when you were away I love you

GR you are saying your nights are very cold now, how cold do you mean ? Bless that Bella feels the cold I love you Loads of cuddles will always keep her warm I love you I had a wee chuckle at you not answering the door and choosing to stay in bed and Sleep instead Razz So glad Black Caviar has been retired safe and sound, I'm sure she will be heading down the breeding route now, perhaps a mating with our superstar Frankel in the future ??? WOW that two would make some horse !!! Oooops Embarassed regarding me thinking that was a footie game comeback, did think it was pretty incredible !!

Doogs Group Hug
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:51 am

GR The Grandfather Clock may be looking a bit old, and battered on the outside, but inside it's working faster than ever, thats why although your supposed to be 9Hrs in front of me, I'm always a minute in front of you Me thinks you spend to much time in Sleeping me lad. Cold Doogs affraid the wee lad does'nt know the meaning of the word, told me it was 10c, thats spring here, and people are walking round in T Shirts, and shorts. I thought Aussies were supposed to be tough
WS lol!

Admin

http://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson on Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:24 am

Some Aussies are tough...not all Laughing

It's great timing again on your post GC as I was about to reply to Doogs' post, and tell of how I snoozed in bed from 1-3 this afternoon affraid Sleeping Laughing I thought, let's snuggle with the pooches for a bit, and I was so snuggly - and maybe a tad tired - that I fell asleep! I do make a bit of a habit now of this though; midday snuggles/naps on days off work Razz

I will probably spend a little less time Sleeping next month as that is when the Giro cycling race is on, so I will watch a lot of that. Probably a good thing that the television coverage is only on the weekend stages, otherwise I'd probably have to miss some days at work

The temperatures are really not very cold - just now sitting in a t-shirt and jeans, though did go walkies before - but Bella and I feel it a bit cause there is nothing of us! Leo has a bit more to warm him. Both have been adorably sitting next to me peacefully in their day beds since our walk (especially Bella as she is Sleeping , sometimes I wonder if she can possibly get any cuter and then she will be in some pose that somehow makes her so!), and we have done two walks a day this week (very short 5-10 minutes at lunchtime) which is good. So I don't even consider laptop time at lunch now; it's pooches time, and that's the way it should be.

I am checking out the Victoria zoos website now, and still no leopards! But I think I will go to Melbourne Zoo soon and get a membership, as it is only $91 for 12 months and then free access to there, Werribee and Healsville for that period, which is terrific value! I definitely need to go back to Werribee again which is the open range African zoo; last went there in about February last year (next time I think I will pay the extra dosh to get an up close experience with a giraffe!). I would also get a small discount at the shops, and I've been thinking of going even madder on plush toys! Laughing And I would love to get some animal shirts and stuff. It's something I could really focus on, regular trips to zoos. The membership even gives free access to some interstate zoos. Hmmm...could I go to Adelaide? Never been there. Now to check if they have leopards!

No leopards No

But Sydney zoo has snow leoaprds

http://taronga.org.au/blog/2012-06-25/snow-arrives-winter

Though that is a long way to travel.

If I get off my ass and get to Melbourne Zoo then I may also adopt an animal.

Doogs, I didn't refuse to get out of bed and answer the door for a friend, just my phone Laughing And yes, a comeback from six goals down in soccer would be heading into fantasy territory indeedy! Very Happy
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Thu May 02, 2013 9:01 am

Good morning everyone from a lovely sunny Cheshire, let's hope it lasts for the bank holiday weekend Very Happy

We've some sad news about our much loved old Greyhound Penny. For the last couple of days she has been off her food so we went to the vet last night. Amazingly we've managed to increase her weight over the last two months but she had bloods taken and it shows that her creatine (?) levels have increased again dramatically. This is something that cannot be rectified by her diet and she is on meds already. So we now have her on antacids to settle her stomach and she is eating chicken and rice which she is thoroughly enjoying but this is only a very short term solution. We are both so sad that our lovely rescue Greyhound is getting to the stage where she could suffer and have an awful decision to make over the next few days. Needless to say I know what we must do but am so sad that we have to make this decision. Our vet has been wonderful and we spent nearly an hour with him last night dicusssing Penny and what if anything could be done, which really is nothing at this stage.

Not a very cheery piece of news to share but hoping you will understand if I am not as rabbit albino as usual.

Lai

Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Thu May 02, 2013 10:30 am

I'm so sorry to hear the news about Penny, I know both you, and Pete, and Penny herself have really battled for her over the last few Months. It's a devastating time when you arrive at this point in a loved Pets life, I think most of us have been there, and know what your both going through. The most hardest yet kindest decision you ever have to make for a pet Sad

Mrs s WS, and Poppy Group Hug

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson on Thu May 02, 2013 2:20 pm

Very sad news about Penny Lai Crying or Very sad I cannot really understand not having gone through this myself, but just thinking about having to make such a decision with my pooches makes me very sad, and to maybe imagine a small amount of what Pete and you are going through. Good to hear that you have a kind vet to assist you all through this trying time.

Not too sure what else to say just now. Group Hug
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Thu May 02, 2013 3:01 pm

Thanks WS and GR. It's a thing that all pet owners have to go through at some time and it is never easy, you have to think about the pet first and not the human and how we will feel the loss. Having said that, I am not finding it easy and nor is Pete.

This afternoon I have Penny and Tamu in the office with me and Penny has enjoyed two scooby snax and a run round so she is feeling quite perky but I realise this won't last so we are enjoying some quality time whilst we can.

The sun is shining and both dogs love to sit out in the garden and enjoy it, so that's what we're off to do soon.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs on Thu May 02, 2013 5:13 pm

Oh Lai, I've just read this, didn't get round to looking on this thread at lunchtime.

Big, big bosie Group Hug coming down to you both, I know the news will have hit you hard. I am so glad that you are back from holiday and able to spend some quality time with Penny. These decisions are very hard to make but they must be done for the good of the dog which I know you and Pete will do, you will do the right thing for Penny. Good to hear that she has been perky today and enjoying her scooby snax, that will make you smile. She's a dog that is well loved and well looked after, she is lucky to have you both and you are lucky to have her I love you
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Thu May 02, 2013 6:45 pm

Thanks for the bosie Doogs, that in itself makes me smile, such a great word Very Happy

We've had a good and quiet afternoon at home and Penny explored the garden again and checked out the beetles in the long grass, one of her favourite pastimes, as well as checking out her de squeaked toy Very Happy

Pete and I have just had a discussion and agreed that we will call the vet on Tuesday, any later just isn't fair on Penny.

You are so right Doogs, we are lucky to have found Penny, in the Overlooked Oldies section of the dog magazine in the vets and a decision I have never regretted.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Thu May 02, 2013 7:53 pm

Sorry Lai I sent you a message about Penny before I saw this. I am so pleased you are all getting time to have some lovely precious time all together. It is such a heartbreaking time for you all and as you say you have to think of Penny first but it really hurts doesn't it but I know Penny has given you lots of love and fun times and you have given Penny such a wonderful life, you have all been a perfect match.
You are all in my thoughts and will be in my prayers tonight.
Lots of love to you all and at times like this you wish you could give a real hug Group Hug
littlewid, Nero, Tiga & Splodge xxxx

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson on Fri May 03, 2013 11:04 am

Such beautiful messages everyone. Very heart-warming to read.

Nice to hear that quality time is still being had by Penny and you Lai. Especially had to Very Happy at her checking out her de squeaked toy.
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Fri May 03, 2013 1:42 pm

Thanks Littlewid, I just read your PM, and thanks GR for passing Littlewid a message via FB also much appreciated.

Oh yes GR, the very last squeak must be de-squeaked otherwise her day is not complete!

I'm mostly working from home today so I can keep the dogs company and ensure Penny is happy and comfortable, the good news is we still have sunshine.

Have a great bank holiday weekend everyone and whatever you are up to enjoy and take care.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Fri May 03, 2013 11:49 pm

Hope the weather stays lovely sunny, and warm for you Pete, and especialy Penny over the weekend, and you all get time to enjoy it together Lai.
WS

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Sat May 04, 2013 2:06 pm

Thanks WS. It started with rain but the sun is out now and we are here relaxing and about to bake some bread Very Happy

Have a great Saturday everyone.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Sun May 05, 2013 9:55 am

Good morning everyone. Typical UK bank holiday weather, a lovely sunny afternoon and evening yesterday and drizzle this morning!

Our pheasant Fizal II is full of the joys of spring, he brings his two hen pheasants in for meals every day and is displaying for them beautifully. He has such beautiful colours and markings and I can get within 2 feet of him whilst putting the food down, although I keep telling him not all humans should be trusted.

His latest trick is to wake us up at 5.30am by coming to the bedroom window and squawking and displaying - lucky I love him, not sure Pete appreciates the early morning wake up though!

Perhaps some little chicks soon, who knows? Pheasants don't make very good parents What a Face

Have a good day everyone.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson on Sun May 05, 2013 10:27 am

"His latest trick is to wake us up at 5.30am by coming to the bedroom window and squawking and displaying" - Is Fizal displaying for the hens or you Mrs Kipia? Laughing

Well, it sounds like you can trust your weather only about as much as you can trust your banks! But I have my for some more sunny for Pete, yourself, and Penny in the coming days.
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Sun May 05, 2013 1:28 pm

Funny you should say that P I think Fizal II is getting a little carried away with himself and his rather fine feathers at the moment. He obviously thinks we will be impressed - Pete did mention pheasant pie to him affraid

Good point about the banks and the weather GR

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Sun May 05, 2013 4:59 pm

Good afternoon everyone, well it's nearly evening Very Happy

Good to know Fizall ll is around and at least you don't have to worry about an alarm clock Laughing and I think I would rather wake up to Fizzall sqwaking than the din of an alarm!

Yesterday was a bit drizzly really but today has been nice and sunny but a little windy but with the help of my mum, the Like a Star @ heaven I have repotted both my Acer trees, they really needed repotting so now they should continue to do well as they are really flourishing.

Tomorrow we are all at my sisters for a BBQ so that will be nice as all the littlies will be there as well as the big littlies, it is supposed to be a nice day, so fingers crossed it will be weather wise, if not we have the good old African hut cheers

Yesterday I brought the DVD The Life of Pi and I am really looking forward to watching it as I haven't seen it, wasnt Doogs seeing the new Chimpanzee film this weekend or am I going nuttier than usual scratch

Have a peacefull and gentle rest of the weekend everyone
littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Sun May 05, 2013 6:24 pm

Sorry Guys busy weekend for me with the AddVan, with all the Bank Holiday visitors down for the weekend so not much time to catch up. Weathers been lovely, and sunny today but quite windy. We have a Pheasant now he's a male and walks round the place, only spotted one female around upto now. We have'nt named him yet as we are waiting to see if he hangs around. Good news your trees have been repotted LW, and you did'nt do to much lifting. Nuttier than usual affraid just when you think some things are impossible, hope the BBQ foes OK, and the weathers good for you. Have'nt managed to catch up on your Zoo pics yet GR, although I've had a quick look, and I feel a WAA Picture Frame coming on, will catch up in the week. Hope everyones had a good weekend.
WS

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Mon May 06, 2013 10:41 am

sunny Today so a beautiful day here. A perfect day for a bbq Littlewid.

I hope your pheasant stays around WS, they are such funny birds and lovely to watch at this time of year. Hope all well with the Addvan and maybe we'll get some pics soon?

Life of Pi - that's so funny Littlewid. I watched most of it on the flight back from Quito, but missed quite a bit as the entertainment was turned off about 40 mins before landing, so we downloaded it via Sky movies and watched it on Friday. I won't say anything but it is very good, well done and a good story about enlightenment, or that's what I thought. It is certainly thought provoking, so enjoy it but allow time, it is quite long.

Yes Doogs is watching the chimp film this weekend, can't wait to hear all about it.

Enjoy b/h Monday everyone.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson on Mon May 06, 2013 10:53 am

I am looking forward to another frame WS! Very Happy

Leo has been constantly begging for my attention tonight, so I've had to move off the warm catch and onto the cold kitchen chair affraid Laughing

But we had snuggles on the couch for ages last night and it was a fun and relaxing evening.

What is the African hut exactly LW? Are there special decorations and stuff that are a tribute to the continent?

"just when you think some things are impossible" WS

A story about enlightenment sounds great Lai! I will have to get the DVD at some stage.

gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Mon May 06, 2013 2:20 pm

Laughing GR - funnily enough we have one too - an African hut that is ..................

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson on Tue May 07, 2013 11:16 am

"Warm catch" confused Laughing Meant to say "warm couch"!

gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Wed May 08, 2013 8:37 am

Good morning everyone

I will post under Rainbow bridge but just to let you know that our much loved greyhound Penny has now gone to the great savannah in the sky, free from any pain and suffering and able to chase bunnies and squirrels to her hearts content.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum