Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off

5 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 10 Empty Re: Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off

Post  Laikipia Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:47 pm

Teepee sweet peas just now - still a way to go.

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 10 2013-015

The others on the line are flowering just a few but very petite and rather frail looking, must be the weather.

Lai Very Happy 
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 10 Empty Re: Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off

Post  littlewid Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:25 pm

Those look really healthy though Lai, so I have no doubt that they will bloom spectacularly flower  flower 
it's lovely to see them and i'm looking forward to seeing them in flower.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:33 pm

They look fine Lai they look just like ours before they bloomed. A photo of ours, before Mrs S cuts the first lot for the house

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 10 00213

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:53 pm

Thanks Littlewid and WS.  Mmmmmmmmmm that'll be great when Mrs S cuts the first lot for the house WS, they just smell so beautiful, and yours really do look wonderful.

Lai flower
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:19 pm

I Agree  they do look very pretty indeed and your house is going to smell wonderful flower flower 

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:47 pm

Yours do look great Lai and they are going to be lovely once they are in full bloom Very Happy

That's a lovely combination of colours in your last picture WS, really like that.

Didn't realise they had such a strong scent, must be lovely Cool
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:08 pm

mmmmmmmmmmm they do, it's one of the best things about them Doogs, a really lovely fresh summery scent to them.

Thanks for the kind words as I know I am about 6 weeks behind Littlewid and 3 weeks behind WS Rolling Eyes 

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:13 pm

They will be blooming lovely by the time they arrive then !!! Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 10 40683 

I must see if I can get to a garden centre somewhere to have a sniff of them to smell what they are like
flower 
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:16 pm

Doogs, Sweet Peas are the best smelling flowers ever. Once you have smelt them you will want to grow them next year for your home. flower flower flower 

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:19 pm

Mmmm very intriguing, I'll have to ask my mum where I can go to smell them, she'll know Wink  flower 

As for growing them myself, gardening is definitely not one of my strongest points No Embarassed 
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:48 pm

These are LW's seeds that she sent us, they were planted very late weeks after the other plants, because of the cold weather. Mrs S decided to try them in a bascket to see if they will trail, so hopefully we will gat a late show. Sorry about the washing line, but me smalls were drying Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 10 40683 
Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 10 00114
Mrs S's  Sweet Peas today
Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 10 00214
We already have seed pods forming which seems very quick as they havent been flowering that long
Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 10 01011

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:07 am

http://i73.servimg.c  Mrs - lovely sweet peas and what a good idea to try them trailing. I wonder if this weird English summer has affected them WS as it does seem early to be forming seed pods.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:28 pm

Oh wow WS my seeds are doing really well and I think next year I will try putting them in a basket, thats a really good idea of Mrs S' s, she is a clever lady cheers 

Your peas are doing well too. Mine have almost finished which is not surprising as they flowered so early and mine have been sprouting pods for a while now, so I will save the seeds again and then mix them with some new seeds that I have. I do think the weather has caused them to grow early and finish early, saying that though, the ones round the corner in a ladys front garden are doing amazingly well but flowered long after mine.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:20 pm

I Agree the baskets look great and will be even better once they flower, looking forward to seeing them then Cool Very Happy 
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:14 pm

http://i70.servimg.c  http://www.picgifs.c  http://i70.servimg.c  http://www.picgifs.c Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 10 71418  Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 10 853843   our tepee sweet peas are finally in flower, well just a few flowers and they are .......

WHITE

I wonder if we'll get some other colours?

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 10 2013-030

Lai flower
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:48 pm

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 10 768480  they are a stunning white Lai and its brilliant that they are now flowering and I bet you have loads more to come flower flower flower flower flower 

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:30 am

Thanks Littlewid, and let's hope so. Ours have never been this late or so bad Shocked 

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:16 pm

Lai they have just been waiting to make a grand entrance when ours have all finished........very clever I reckon.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:31 am

Thanks  Littlewid, and I like your thinking Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 10 853843 

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10