Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off

5 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 3 Empty Re: Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off

Post  littlewid Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:49 pm

Fingers rossed there is a Red one Lai and it's still pouring here......please pray for some sunny otherwise mine are going to drown What a Face

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 3 Empty Re: Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off

Post  Laikipia Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:06 pm

S.PEA check done for the evening. No red ones but lots of cream, a few more lilac, one pink and a very bright hectic lovely deep pink.

I'm not picking any until tomorrow (unless the rain comes and flattens them all overnight) hoping for a big bunch tomorrow.

Fingers crossed that rain in the south stops Littlewid and your S.PEAS get some much needed sunshine.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:51 pm

Yours really are doing very well Lai and I look forward to seeing the hectic Pink one, sounds rather bright Very Happy Hopefully the rain will stay away for you and you will have a gorgeous bunch to show us tomorrow.

Our rain is not letting up this evening, so looks like the PEAS are just going to have to get soaked.

How are Mrs S's doing WS?

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:39 pm

How were your S PEAS today Lai? did you get your nice bunch?

Mine are pretty static after yesterdays battering.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:03 pm

Hectic Pink scratch ? Ours are still going skywards, but no buds yet. They've had a real soaking all day today No
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:56 pm

affraid affraid Found out whats wrong with our Peas. They've not been pollinated. Their Batchelors, they've not been processed properly, so the growth is'nt going to the flowers its going to the body.
Like a marrow fat lot of good that is
Must stop drinking these Boddies Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 3 40683
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:55 am

affraid WS - that's a disaster!!! No wonder they are getting taller and taller.

Sadly I didnt get to pick any yesterday, it rained, rained and rained some more. Today it's dry at the moment so may nip out and find the hectic pink ones cheers

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:57 am

No Only managed to pick the tiniest bunch I have ever seen this morning, the rain has really played havoc with everything this year, sadly hectic pink is no longer even hanging by a thread, the majority today are white with a slight hint of lilac/purple right on the edge of the flower.

Littlewid, I hope yours are okay and thinking about some flowers.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:28 pm

Thats a real shame about the hectic pink one Lai, the weather really has a lot to answer for at the moment.
I have just checked mine and they are the same, standing tall, a few buds but no flowers as yet but they are just not getting the sunshine they need to flower. I am hoping this next week will be better.

WS you made me laugh with your PEAS and the Boddies Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 3 40683

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:41 pm

sunny sunny sunny That's what you need Littlewid. We're on a count down for your S.PEAS .....
first one is going to be .......... ?

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:59 pm

Plase let there be sunny sunny sunny if not the first one will be white through lack of sun Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 3 40683 I'm hoping for a Lilac one though.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:00 pm

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 3 40683 that's funny lol!

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:53 pm

I really do need to find my camera as my phone is useless for closeups, but to prove I have buds I have taken a picture and drawn round where some of the buds are. I have quite a few now but it is so hard to capture them on my phone. All I need now is sunshine to make them grow more and then flower.
Really sorry for the rubbish pic Embarassed
Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 3 Img-2076
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:45 pm

I've tried to clean the pic up a bit LW, I could,nt see the circles very well. Mrs says she might have some that look like that, but she's not sure.
Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 3 211
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:16 pm

cheers Laughing Fantastic, potential flowers Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 3 71418 wonderful Littlewid and I wonder if Splodge is sitting on your camera or perhaps Nero decided it was a bone and buried it in the garden???

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:18 pm

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 3 768480 Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 3 768480 Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 3 768480 Thanks so much for that WS, it looks so much better. I have lots of those buds around its just hard to photograph them with the phone, so im really chuffed you did that for me, you are a Like a Star @ heaven

If Mrs S has buds like that we could have our PEAS flowering at the same time Very Happy

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:21 pm

So another PEA off?

Lai Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 3 40683
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:52 pm

Yep another PEA off on the cards bounce sorry didn't see your earlier post Lai, probably cos I was posting a a similar time......if the animals have had it, eaten or hidden it.........I WANT IT BACK lol!

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:42 am

Okay so I confess these aren't our S.PEAS but RHS Tatton Flower Show last night. A beautiful display and some lovely colours. I have checked our S.PEAS this morning and regret they look nothing like these Very Happy we are mostly cream, white and lilac at the moment.

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 3 2012-014

Any S.PEA updates Littlewid or WS ?

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:11 pm

They do have some lovely shows at Tatton Park Lai, lovely photos.
Well we think our Peas have got a split personalty, they started off as Peas, but now they think their Sunflowers they are growing that high, they fell over the other morning.
Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 3 00215

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:16 pm

WOW Definitely putting all their energy into growing, they may end up as a peastalk (like Jack and the beanstalk Laughing ) going up into the sky.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:22 pm

WOW those peas are spectacular Lai and mine will never ever do that well, how glorious are those Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 3 768480 I really love that photo Very Happy

WS, Mrs S's PEAS have so grown, how huge are they now, no wonder they fell over, lets hope all the buds are ok.

Mine have had such a bashing and virtually no sunny they have got taller but they are also not really bunching out as they should do. I did feed them this morning and I do have lots of buds now but no flowers due to lack of sunny and when I got in this evening, it was raining again and also very windy, the wind is really hitting them hard. I am keeping my fingers crossed that next week will be a better week for them.
Heres a pic of mine, looking rather spindly and sorry for themselves......... but please don't tell them, I don't want them to have a complex Laughing
Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 3 Img-2077
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:17 am

Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 3 45922 My guess for yours flowering might be wrong Littlewid, but they look healthy and I am sure you will have some sunshine soon Rolling Eyes surely?

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:12 pm

I think it is going to take a little longer for them to flower too Lai. The weather is supposed to be getting better but it's not only that I need it to stop raining I need the snshine and lots of it. I suppose the good thing is that they have survived all the awful weather, so they must be fairly hardy PEAS Mrs S's, Lai's & Littlewid's Pea Off - Page 3 768480 .........and I am still telling them they are lovely flower

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:50 pm

PEA day tomorrow guy's so hopefully everyones PEAS are doing ok. The weather has improved here enormousy so hopefully we will soon get some flowers on MRS's and mine and your flowers might be more abundant now Lai.
Looking forward to everyone pics and updates tomorrow Very Happy

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next