Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Trying to Redeem myself:-)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trying to Redeem myself:-)

Post  littlewid on Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:12 pm

As I got my PEA buds horribly wrong I thought I would post some other pics from today. As I mentioned yesterday my new sofa was arriving this morning after a huge delay, so I was really excited. As yet I haven't sat on it, but my little man has tried it out for size and I think it passed the test. The thing I like about it is it has a Chaise to it so I can relax back and read my books in real comfort.

Although I got it wrong about my PEAS Embarassed my little Bonsai is doing really well and new leaves and buds ARE growing nicely.

I also went to the Crematorium today as it's my dads birthday. There is loads of wildlife there as well as Ashley the cat who I have posted pics of before. Well the wildlife and the Forna and Flora are well protected up there and it really is a beautiful place to go too. They have a little area of wild flowers that will really attract the Bees and Butterflys and today it was just stunning; sadly my pic on my phone doesn't really do it justice but you do get the jist of just how beautiful it is.

I hope I have redeemed myself a little bit this evening Very Happy
littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Trying to Redeem myself:-)

Post  Laikipia on Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:08 pm

WOW that sure looks comfy Littlewid, and I see Nero obviously agrees Laughing he looks very content there.

What a great idea to be able to relax and read your book. Your bonsai looks like it's got loads of new leaves, quite amazing. Do you have to give it a good cut back to keep it bonsai?

That wild meadow is simply beautiful at the crem. I remember you posting photos of Ashley the cat before. What a beautiful place it is, a perfect santuary for wildlife and the bees and butterflies must love it. So much colour, I bet it's a good place to sit quietly and remember your dad.

You certainly have redeemed yourself, not that you had to, it made me chuckle about the Sweet Peas, very definitely something I would do!

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:40 pm

Glad you liked the pictures Lai, it's just a shame I didn't have my camera because the wild meadow would have been stunning with a decent camera. The crematorium is actually a very beautiful place, it has a mixture of nice green grassy places and then lots of wild places and a beautiful wooded area. There is an abundance of birds, squirrels, pheasants dear Ashley and a wonderful variety of plants and trees and insects, it really is a little haven and it certainly is a wonderful place to visit and have some quiet time.....and hopefully a cuddle from Ashley.

My Bonsai I need to take advice from my bro-in-law, he is the expert with Bonsai and his cost hundreds, mine was a bargin. I know it needs repotting, if it's called that in the Bonsai world What a Face but i'm not sure on how to prune them to keep them small but Keith will help me out. I have been feeding it with a Bonsai food so I am doing something positive on my own for it but thats the easy bit Very Happy

My sofa is scrummy and I brought a lovely Grey tub chair as well but Tiga appears to have collard that one, so it does look as though I am going to have to book time for when it's free for me to enjoy.......the joys of having animals that rule the household

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:23 pm

The Sofa looks great LW, and so does Nero. I see you've got magnetic cushions like Mrs S, they all keep piling up on each other, just like ours. I keep moving them, but next time I look they are all back together again affraid .
The Bonsai tree is really growing, wonder what colour flowers you'll have, Ping again.
Thats a lovely area at the Crem, the wildlife will really appreciate it. Did you see any sign of Ashley ?
As Lia says no need to redeem yourself, everyone makes mistakes, even Budding Gardeners lol!
WS

Last edited by whitestarling on Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin

http://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:01 am

You the man WS

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:00 pm

Rather than start another thread I thought I would continue with this one.....as it sort of links together.
It's been a nightmare of a day with the weather today, heavy rain, thunder and lightening, so not so good for going out and about, so went out shopping this morning, I didn't buy a thing for once but I had really taken my mum clothes shopping so she was the buyer today, then we went to a garden centre for lunch and thats when I couldn't resist. A brought another Bonsai, this time a Sacred Bamboo, my pic doesn't do it justice but it is lovely and it has white flowers on it and it will get orange berries.

You cant see the white flowers so much on this one but on this next one you can see them to the left of the plant at the back, they grow up in a little bundle.

The little Japanese man sitting on his log didn't come with it, that was a pressie from my Mum, he will sit and watch over the Sacred Bamboo.

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:09 pm

Littlewid - how lovely that Sacred Bamboo looks with the little Japanese man watching over it. What a great idea to add to your collection. Look forward to progress reports and photos Very Happy

Lai

ps hope the lunch was good and you had a nice cake as well
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:16 pm

The new Bonsai tree looks lovely LW, and a great idea by your Mum to get the little Japanese man to look after it. I see it has flowers on already. I'm just wondering if one would work on the Sweat Peas . The weathers not been bah here to day, after rain early morning, its been mostly sunny for a change. We actualy sat outside this afternoon, and enjoyed a drink in the Sun
WS

Admin

http://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:09 am

I will surely keep you updated on both the Bonsai's progress, my aim is to have a little area in the garden for a nice little collection of them and I just need to get all the little tools for looking after them.
Mmmmm I wonder if a little Japanese man would help the PEAS along scratch maybe him just being in the garden will be enough, we'll have to wait and see Very Happy

Lunch was lovely thanks Lai but sadly this time, no room for cake.......now theres a surprise affraid

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden on Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:29 pm

Nero looks like the king of his castle, or sofa Wink Very nice LW

I love bonsai and had one of the kits many years ago, but unfortunately I just didnt have the knack. This one looks great LW.

SM
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs on Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:06 pm

Great pictures LW - that new sofa looks incredibly comfortable, think there may be a few fights in the future between you and Nero for the best spot !!!

I also like a Bonsai Tree so loving both of yours LW. Looks like they are doing rather nicely, looking forward to hearing about their progress Very Happy
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum