Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

How to attract birds?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to attract birds?

Post  RepchikaGeorge on Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:38 am

Hello Guys!
I have a query about birds,As how to attract birds and feed them.
Anyone suggestion will be highly appreciated.
Thanks

RepchikaGeorge

Back to top Go down

Re: How to attract birds?

Post  Doogs on Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:24 pm

Hi RepchikaGeorge, welcome to the forum.

There are some better bird experts than me on here so they will give you a more detailed and better answer. Generally though fat balls, seeds, peanuts etc etc are a few things which are readily available to buy from a supermarket / pet shop, the the birds will enjoy these. You can also feed them some leftover food from your kitchen. Be sure to have the right bird table(s), places to put the food and once the birds know where your food is they will keeping returning . . . . probably with friends !

Here is a useful factsheet that might also help you :- http://www.lincstrust.org.uk/factsheets/feeding-wild-birds.php

Hope that helps.

Doogs Hummingbird
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:38 pm

Hi RepchikaGeorge, welcome to the WAA.
Thats a good fact sheet Doogs has put on for general tips about attracting Birds. A lot depends on where you live, and what type of Birds you get in the area. With Birds you find there are ground feeders, and Birds that will feed from Bird Tables, and Feeders. So as I say it depends on what type of Birds are in the area you live as to what types of foods you put out. There is a section on here called our Bird Feeders that might give you some ideas on this link
http://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net/t383-our-feeding-stations
As you go through the posts you will get more information, but if you can tell us more information about what you are hoping to attract, we can help you more
WS
Whitestarling

Admin

http://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:46 pm

Hi Repchikageorge

Welcome to WAA.

Doogs has given you a good factsheet and WS has given you the link to the forums bird feeder thread where you will gather more information, as WS says though, if you let us know what birds are around your area we may be able to help more. A lot of us feed the birds and as we are all from different areas there are a variety of birds, so between us we should be able to help out a little more......with a bit more info from you Very Happy

Look forward to hearing what birds you want to attract and we will do our best to help more.

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum