Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Genealogy

3 posters

Go down

Genealogy Empty Genealogy

Post  princesspurplehippy Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:29 pm

Is anyone on here interested in researching their family history like I am.

Ive been doing it off and on for about 10yrs and am totally addicted. I really like finding out all the stories and 'scandals' and gossip
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Genealogy Empty Re: Genealogy

Post  littlewid Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:44 pm

I have not gone in to it greatly but following the death of my uncle it did make us look into the family history a little more and I did once track bit of my mums Welsh history but I have never done it seriously to make a family tree or to find out lots of tales.

Have you turned up anyone famous or notorious in your family history PPH?

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:48 pm

unfortunately no one famous of notorious yet.

my family is one of those that plod along being a bit boring. my partners family is a bit more interesting as his grandad was in the Serbian resistance during WW2 and not only fought the Nazis but hid British airmen in his farm and with the help of his brothers and father helped them escape over the mountains into friendlier territory

I've also been doing my step mum's family and we recently found out her grandparents were 'living in sin' for 35yrs and despite their first child being born in 1933 they didnt marry until 1968. It turns out that her grandfather was already married to her grandmother's sister and after a few years with that marriage not working he moved in with her grandmother and she then just pretended to be married to him. As there wasn't really many checks on records this was easy to do. My stepmum thought this was hilarious as it turned out no one knew and as he grandmother was a bit of a 'character' this just fitted in well with her
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:37 am

I love geneology PPH. Unfortunately, I have come to a dead end on my mothers side as she is from a small village in Ireland where the main records were kept in the parish church. There was a fire that destroyed them, leaving about the last hundred years intact.

Its great to find all the stories.

That said 'Who do you think you are' is my favourite TV programme.

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:39 pm

Love your stepmums family history PPH, its not the kind of thing you imagine that generation to be doing, they always seemed to be the ones who advocated marriage and not living in sin but maybe there are more familys like that than we know of......great story though and also of your BF family too.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum