Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My busy weekend

4 posters

Go down

My busy weekend Empty My busy weekend

Post  princesspurplehippy Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:50 pm

After having a very busy weekend and taking lots of pictures I thought I'd put a link to the online albums I've put them in.

First one is from a the 'stars and snowdrops' event at the local outdoor observatory. You may even see a few pictures of the rare Welsh hobbit in her natural environment

https://plus.google.com/photos/100227069702111384952/albums/5846392673219981441?authkey=CJ3ltfKfoPfggAE
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

My busy weekend Empty Re: My busy weekend

Post  princesspurplehippy Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:52 pm

princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:16 pm

princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:00 am

PPH those are really lovely and it looks as though you had a fabulous weekend and you even managed some beautiful Duck Duck . I have only had time this morning to look at them quickly so I will have another look this evening because there are some spectacular pictures in there that deserve commenting on. Thanks for sharing them though and i'm looking forward to a slower look Very Happy

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:12 pm

I am so glad I looked at them again PPH, this morning I just scrolled through them due to the time but I have just viewed them all on the slideshow and they are brilliant, you really do have some wonderful pictures there. Hanwell, Erddig & Chirk really are beautiful places, I love the ruggedness of Hanwell and all the snow drops, if thats what they are, I am not brilliant on flowers. The gardener at Chirk must have his hands full with all that topiary!
I did spot an odd person in a few pics though, an escapee from WAA I believe Very Happy
Thanks for sharing those PPH and I recommend everyone else views them on the slide show because they are really lovely.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:38 pm

thanks for the kind words LW and yes they are snowdrops

I'm not the best photographer but I'd love to get into doing more nature photography. More flora than fauna as they keep still. I love the ducks and the two Duck Duck came to see us when we were taking a breather on a bench. I think they thought we had food to share but we didnt.

I wasnt sure if one of those Duck had a genetic variation as he had mottled colouring on his head or if it was another type of duck I'm not familiar with.
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:32 pm

I know the one you mean PPH he is in picture 34, he does have a different mottling on his head and also his tail feathers are different, he doesn't have the blueness does he. He looks like a Mallard but I would have to check up if there are variants of the species as I am not too sure but he is definitely different.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:46 pm

after a quick google he is apparently a 'bibbed mallard'

they tend to occur more in domesticated mallards but I need to do a bit more research on them
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:50 pm

I have never heard of a Bibbed Mallard before so now I will be googling that as well. It will be very interesting to find out more about them. Thanks for that PPH.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:42 pm

Just catching up with this PPH. For some reason I dont know why the slideshow is not working for, on two of the posts only on Eddrig. Although I did spot the Welsh Hobbit My busy weekend 40683 . Eddrig looks a lovely place to go, and also Crick from a quick look. Perhaps places to visit for the summer. I will have another try at the slideshows tomorrow
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:32 pm

I still ca'nt get the slideshows to work on the other two I dont know why scratch . So I've had a look at as many as I can. The problem is I have to keep closing the page, and re-open it to see each one confused You've got some lovely shots there PPH, and they both look like a lovely day out. I have seen a Duck like that before at one of thw wildlife centres we've been to, but did'nt know that was what it was called
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:47 pm

Cracked it PPH cheers cheers I could'nt see the slideshows because I'm using an old version of IE, it works better with the Forum Admin stuff. So I've just tried looking at the slideshows using Chrome, and it works. I'm still not sure why the second works on IE, but still I've looked at your Hanwell pics they are lovely, there must be thousands of Crocus's there as LW say that must be some job the gardeners are doing, I bet there are some lovely views from that telescope, and the top of the Tower. Thanks for sharing the PPH. I will have a look at Chirk
tomorrow.
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:55 pm

Lunch time nearly over so I'll have to catch up on your photos later PPH . . . . .
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down