Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guide dogs for the Blind & The Brooke Donkey Sanctuary

3 posters

Go down

Guide dogs for the Blind & The Brooke Donkey Sanctuary Empty Guide dogs for the Blind & The Brooke Donkey Sanctuary

Post  littlewid Thu May 09, 2013 5:32 pm

This evening, following seeing the adverts on the tv, I have become the proud sponsor of Harley, a very cute puppy who is just starting his 2 year training as a guide dog. You can sponsor a dog for as little as £1 a week or as much as you like. You get photos, a photo album and regular updates and when Harley is placed with a permanent owner I will get a final update and a little goodbye. You then have the opportunity to sponsor another dog for 2years. I am really excited and pleased to have done this as they receive no government funding at all to train the dogs.
When I get my little pack which also includes a calender, I will post Harleys photo.

Also this evening following another advert on tv where you could donate by text to help Moti who is a working Donkey, I have now made a regular donation to the Brooke who care for working Donkeys across the world to make sure they have good care and working conditions and also trained veterinary care, a lot of the work is in Asia etc and they also train local vets i the specifics of caring for Donkeys and horses.

Two lovely charities that need a little help but do enormous good work. You don't sponsor a specific Donkey, the money goes into the whole pot and out of what you donate only about 6p goes on admin, which is really pleasing.

Anyway, thats what I have been up to since I got in from work Very Happy
littlewid-x-

littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Guide dogs for the Blind & The Brooke Donkey Sanctuary Empty Re: Guide dogs for the Blind & The Brooke Donkey Sanctuary

Post  Laikipia Fri May 10, 2013 10:15 am

http://i73.servimg.c Littlewid, two brilliant charities to support, you have been busy. I love the idea of sponsoring a guide dog, such a worthwhile cause and such lovely dogs.

We send money to Brooke as those poor donkeys really do suffer and I like to think every penny helps them.

Sometimes I am overwhelmed by all the charities but it is good to support them when you can, they all deserve help.

You won't be surprised to know that for some time we have sponsored a rescue greyhound Very Happy

Looking forward to a photo soon.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Guide dogs for the Blind & The Brooke Donkey Sanctuary Empty Re: Guide dogs for the Blind & The Brooke Donkey Sanctuary

Post  Doogs Fri May 10, 2013 1:40 pm

I'll second that http://i73.servimg.c Two brilliant charities to donate to Like a Star @ heaven

The donkeys don't half break your heart don't they ? Great to hear that you also donate Lai and no I am not surprised that you sponsor a resuce greyhound cheers

I donate to the Scottish SPCA and the Blue Cross each month.
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri May 10, 2013 4:21 pm

I bet between us all we cover a huge range of animal charities, knowing how much we all love our animals I love you

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri May 10, 2013 4:48 pm

Thanks Lai and Doogs. It it lovely to sponsor charities when You can. The Brooke is an ongoing thing I have done by direct debit and Harley is for the whole two years paid monthly and I will surely be sponsoring another puppy when Harley graduates, bless him.
I also support WWF and IFAW as well and of course my ongoing donation for my Snow Leopard, just like you Lai. So yes I reckon between a few of us we do support many animal charities which is brilliant and sometimes its not all about sending money but supporting them with petitions etc and spreading the word on the work they do, so we all do something positive.

I am not surprised in the least that you sponsor a rescue Greyhound Lai, I would be more surprised if you didn't Very Happy do you get regular updates? my friend at work sponsors a lifer at the Dogs Trust and she always gets a little update and a Valentines Card from him on Valentines day, how lovely is that I love you

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat May 11, 2013 9:34 am

Yes, we sponsor a dog through the Dogs Trust who can't be rehomed and we get updates and Valentines cards, it so sweet,although tragic he cant be rehomed.

With the Greyhound Trust she is a greyhound called Honey and we get updates as well, I think she is also unable to be rehomed which is sad.

In all honesty I have lost track of our charities but we are always happy to support via petitions and sponsorship, they all deserve help.

Lai

Last edited by Laikipia on Sun May 19, 2013 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo!)
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat May 11, 2013 10:39 pm

It is so sad when some dogs can't be rehomed isn't it but then again, at lest they still have a life and are well looked after and thats better than the alternative I think.

Honey is such a lovely name isn't it and there are so many Greyhounds that need rehoming after racing or filed racers I believe.

Like you Lai and I am sure many others, I am always supporting something and sending money, there are so many that need help, but those are the ones I support on an ongoing monthly thing, so many just rely on regular donations to keep going don't they.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue May 28, 2013 10:29 pm

The other week I got all my information from the Donkey sanctuary on all their history of how it started and what they do and I am very glad I decided to donte regularly to them.

I also received my sponsorship certificate for Harley the little trainee guide dog for the blind and also a package of other stuff but I also got my first photograph of him and an album to keep all the photos in. The lovely thing is it is an actual photograph and he is gorgeous. I will get regular photo's and I will post them on here.
This first one of him is Harley at 6 weeks old. I snapped the copy on my phone but you can still see how adorable he is.

Here is Harley
Guide dogs for the Blind & The Brooke Donkey Sanctuary Kian_924

Guide dogs for the Blind & The Brooke Donkey Sanctuary Kian_925
Isn't he just adorable I love you

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue May 28, 2013 11:22 pm

Yes, Yes, YES he is totally adorable I love you What an absolutely gorgeous face he has LW I love you

How fantastic you will be kept up to date with how he progresses, please do let us know how he is getting on. I really do hope he makes a wonderful guide dog Like a Star @ heaven
I am also glad you donate to the http://www.picgifs.c Sanctuary, http://i73.servimg.c LW
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed May 29, 2013 8:10 am

I love you Group Hug Hug Hugs he is just so adorable Littlewid, and how wonderful that you will get regular updates and photos of Harley.

http://i73.servimg.c on supporting the donkey sanctuary, they need our care and love too.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:52 pm

I received another photo from Harley the other day, it was an in between up date, the next one is really october but he sent me a photo and a little message to say he has moved in with his puppy walker Kate to help him get used to the outside world and will start his training soon but this is the early stages of it, going round the shops and in to restaurants etc and on buses and trains. He looks so adorable, here is his latest photo, the photo is a bit wonky as I had to shoot it on my phone to copy it.

Harley
Guide dogs for the Blind & The Brooke Donkey Sanctuary Kian_117

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:56 pm

Oh my LW, seemed impossible from the last picture but he's getting even cuter, what an absolute darling I love you

Guide dogs for the Blind & The Brooke Donkey Sanctuary 431638 Harley with your new puppy walker Kate, I'm sure the two of you will get on just grand
Like a Star @ heaven 
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:47 pm

Thanks Doogs, Harley really is a stunner isn't he, his face is just adorable and it also reflects a lovely personality I think. I am sure he will do just fine and I am sure he is having fun with Kate. I am looking forward to his October update as I will get to know how all his very basic training is going and I will get another photo as well for my collection.
I feel very proud of him already I love you 

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:46 pm

. . . . and so you should feel proud LW cheers

Also looking forward to the next update
Very Happy
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down