Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trail Cam

5 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Trail Cam - Page 2 Empty Re: Trail Cam

Post  whitestarling Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:52 pm

WOW 29 Pigeons PPH thats not bad, plus you spotted a BF  Trail Cam - Page 2 40683 Looking forward to seeing some more pics

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:53 am

just for you LW a couple of pigeon pics

Trail Cam - Page 2 31810

Trail Cam - Page 2 32310
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:50 pm

Trail Cam - Page 2 2224760601 http://i70.servimg.c  Thank you so much PPH  Group Hug  I do love Pigeons so you have made me a happy girl this evening  Trail Cam - Page 2 853843 I dont feel as though I have missed out now  Trail Cam - Page 2 71418 

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:55 pm

I got some Starlings today (and our friend pigeon came again) a few of them I got while dark. I'll put a selection on here for you LW once theyve all been uploaded

princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:07 pm

here is a very small selection

starlings in the dark

Trail Cam - Page 2 04610

more starlings

Trail Cam - Page 2 11110

pigeon

Trail Cam - Page 2 42110
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:05 pm

You really are a  Like a Star @ heaven  PPH, I really do appreciate that. Your trail cam is working well isnt it, they are lovely pictures of the starlings have a good old feast and our friendly Pigeon looks well fed and happy at your feeder, he is really eyeing up those meal worms..
It must be so exciting to check the trail came and see what you have captured. I imagine our handsome pigeon will be a regular at your feeder, once they home in on food they do seem to hang around.
Thanks again for the pictures and looking forward fo seeing who else visits and if Mr Pigeon does hang around.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:11 pm

I am really happy with the way the camera is working. I think next I may try the video function. The weather is looking horrendous tomorrow so I think I won't put it out but Thursday looks like a good day so I may have a go at the video function then.

I'm glad I found such a good place to put the camera in the hedge and so that its about 3 inches inside the hedge and that its not seen by the casual passer by. I still need to adjust the sensitivity as I am getting a lot of pics of an empty feeder where its moved in the wind and set the camera off
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:37 am

Well done for all your captures PPH. The wind generally plays havoc with mine too, lots of blades of grass and no animals/birds!

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:40 pm

Very sensible not to have it out today PPH. We have had a rainy day but this evening from about 5pm it has been very windy 50mph or more and tomorrow is supposed to not be much better, not sure if its as awful as that where you are but its better to be safe than sorry.
Glad you are enjoying your trail cam, it must be lovely to have one.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:48 pm

oops no videos today as i forgot to put it into video mode, but there were over 1,300 pics  affraid  sorting through them now and will also load up any good ones. One good thing is that I caught 2 pics of a Great Tit so always good to get a pic of a new bird

princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:01 pm

I've done a bit of weeding out of the pics and added some more. The new link for the album is

https://plus.google.com/photos/100227069702111384952/albums/5959188612374366353?authkey=CKPdj9K-m8arlwE
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:49 pm

WOW WOW WOW  your trail cam is working really well PPH those captures are wonderful and how excited was I to see so many of our Pigeon..........notice I call him our Pigeon  Trail Cam - Page 2 40683  he seems really happy sharing the feeder with the other birds, I love the pics of them all feeding together  Trail Cam - Page 2 768480  how fantastic you got the great tit as well, your cams certainly giving us some early treats  Trail Cam - Page 2 853843 

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:15 pm

I am really happy with how its working and getting some great pics. I don't think I'll get many pics over the next few days as I am off home to N Wales and also the weather is about to take a turn for the worse before xmas

Some really great news is that (pending approval from the facilities/security team at work) I have asked if I can put my camera up in work. Not only to see if I can get pics/videos of the deer thats hanging around, but also the foxes, rabbits and other wildlife we don't know about that hang around work. Lots of security and data protection stuff to go through as I work for a software company but so far the signs are looking good
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:54 pm

Firstly, have a great time at home for the christmas holidays PPH, it will be lovely to be with your family for christmas........have a good one  Group Hug 

Secondly, how fantastic would it be for them to say yes to having your camera work, it will be really interesting to see how many of the wildlife you capture. I appreciate there is a lot of red tape to go through but I really hope they say yes. Good on your for asking  Trail Cam - Page 2 768480 

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:56 am

cheers  PPH that would be brilliant if you can put up your trail cam at work  Trail Cam - Page 2 431638 

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:57 pm

as today is going to be a good day weather wise the camera is back out this time in video mode (hopefully) I'll post up any results on my youtube page
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:42 pm

I'm excited to see the results PPH, lets hope you get lots of action on your trail cam and video will be brilliant......fingers crossed the birds are playing ball  Hummingbird 

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:53 am

I did manage to get the camera on video mode but for some reason I only got 3 videos. 2 of them were of me setting the camera up and the other ones was of an empty feeder. I think I may have to adjust the infra red sensitivity and intervals between videos. On the good news front the footage is really good quality
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:44 pm

That made me smile that you videoed yourself PPH  Very Happy  but as you say, at least you know the quality is good  Trail Cam - Page 2 768480  I suppose as with everything its trial and error but I have no doubt you will get there.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:07 pm

so a break in the weather has meant I could put the camera out again. out of the 200 videos (most of the wind blowing the feeder and a few of the windowcleaner) I managed to get 30 videos which showed mainly the pigeon but also some fleeting visits from the tit

Here is the link to my you tube account where I've put them

https://www.youtube.com/user/MsPurpleHippy
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:49 pm

Trail Cam - Page 2 768480 Trail Cam - Page 2 768480 Trail Cam - Page 2 768480  Those are brilliant PPH, I think I watched them all or most of them, I tried to go from the top and then forgot where I had ben so started from the bottom, im sure ive watched some twice and maybe missed a couple  Embarassed  Love the one of our Pigeon he was having a right old feed but the one that made me smile was when he was balancing on the water feeder circle  Very Happy  and I love the one of the tis where one flew into the meal worms and flew off again, I wonder if he was  Embarassed Trail Cam - Page 2 40683  great that you got both of them feeding at the same time though. They all seemed to be enjoying the meal you had put out and isn't your cam a really good quality, its all so clear, its lovely.
Thanks so much for posting them all PPH, I really did enjoy those and no doubt will revisit that link, thank you  Group Hug 

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:47 pm

More visitors today, I haven't uploaded them yet but thought you would like to see this little fella

princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:41 am

Trail Cam - Page 2 768480  PPH. Nice clip of your robin tucking into the meal worms.

Thanks for sharing.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:24 pm

all videos from yesterday have been uploaded. I had visitors from the Robin (a couple more videos of him) some Starlings and of course our Pigeon
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:52 pm

http://i70.servimg.c http://i70.servimg.c http://i70.servimg.c http://i70.servimg.c  PPH I have just watched all of your new clips on your youtube page and they are just brilliant. The little Robin is just so adorable and he really is a little Robin Red Breast isn't he, so lovely and the Starlings are just noisy and busy eaters, lovely to see them. I must admit if I remember right it was the first clip with our Pigeon, he had me in hysterics, the seed feeder was swinging away and he looked as if he was being hypnotised by it, it really made me laugh and also when he was on there with the starlings and he was causing quite a wobble of the whole feeder and at one point he was on there with them trying to get at the seeds but again it was just wobbling and we also had a nice view of his behind whilst he was in I think the fat ball tray but his special trick was when he land full in the meal worm tray, he is such a character for sure.
Loved all of those PPH, they are such a fantastic watch and also lots of comedy there with them as well. I hope the little Robin stays around and our Pigeon too.

Are you doing the Garden Bird Watch for the RSPB PPH?

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next