Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trail Cam

5 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Trail Cam - Page 4 Empty Re: Trail Cam

Post  Doogs Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:22 pm

http://i73.servimg.c at capturing the fox and the badgers Lai  Very Happy  Great that you have two badgers but shame one of them has a bad leg  Crying or Very sad  Hopefully given a bit of time it will heal up. Looking forward to seeing what else you can capture . . . .
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Trail Cam - Page 4 Empty Mystery visitor to the woods

Post  Laikipia Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:17 am

What do you think?  A Weasel or a polecat?  Or ...... ?

I will have to move the cam closer and take another look.  I know we have both animals here.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:14 pm

Hmmm  scratch B scratch BBC Nature Polecat Link
http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/life/European_Polecat

BBC nature Weasel Link
http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/life/Least_Weasel

BBC nature Stoat Link
http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/life/Stoat

Great clip of the Fox, I'm not sure about two different Badgers in the second clip, just at the end as it goes out of view that one still seems to limp on its rear leg
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:57 pm

Sorry WS perhaps I posted the wrong 2 clips, we definitely have two different badgers but I had quite a few clips to pick from and could only wait for Youtube to upload two!

I think it may be a polecat as a weasel is very small and has a lot of white on it, a stoat is bigger but also has a lot of white. I need to see the head as a polecat has white eyebrows and muzzle.

I didn't post the badger clips as the batteries were going flat so it kept cutting out in the dark which was annoying.

Hopefully I'll get the cams out tomorrow.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:23 pm

No apologies needed Lai, you may have the right clips. I just thought at the end of the second clip it seemed to stumble on its left rear leg like the first one, and You Tube's a pain at times takes ages to upload.
My initial reaction at first is Pole Cat to, it would be great if you got a head shot.

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:20 am

I have just watched your clip a few times Lai and I will say definitely a Polecat and a female one. Apart from my neighbour having Ferrets he also had a female Polecat called Daisy and we have had many a cuddle. Male Polecats are bigger than the females but the males are slightly smaller than male Ferrets, he also used to have a male Polecat who was pure white and called Boy. Polecats are lovely and your right they are bigger than weasels, so i'm sticking with you have a female Polecat..........lucky you  bounce 

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:26 pm

http://i70.servimg.c  thanks Littlewid.  Much appreciated you letting me know, I am very excited and will keep an eye out again.

So after the sad news of our resident ducklings here's a short clip from our river cam (the date isn't right so it's a couple of days ago). I will be putting both cams on the river tomorrow in the hope of seeing them again and the heron and maybe the mink although that will not be good news for the duckling.

Lai  Duck
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:29 pm

Loved the clip thanks Lai, is that your Mrs D who had the 11 ducklings as it was taken a few days ago ?. I really hope you don't get to see the Mink, it would give the ones who are left a better chance of survival

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:07 am

No it's a different Mrs D WS. The ducklings in our garden are surrounded by a high wall so we either let them all out or wait until they fly. Mrs D likes to keep them in here (safe but not this year) so those 11 on the river are another family which is lovely to see. Both Mrs D's in the garden are now without any ducklings but have paired up so maybe some new arrivals soon? It would be lovely and I will keep an eye out.

I'm putting both cams out again this afternoon so may catch the mink who knows. It's tempting to try the woods for the badgers and the polecat but I think I'll concentrate on the river this week  Very Happy 

Oh yes meant to say WS the badger has a bad leg so we know we have at least 2 visiting the latrine - more on that soon I hope. Not enough cams  Laughing 

Lai  Duck http://i77.servimg.c 
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu May 01, 2014 6:17 pm

Trail Cam - Page 4 768480 Good news that at least the Mrs D on the river has that many ducklings at least Lai, and hopefully the new pairings will produce more, and fingers crossed the majority will get to grow up safe. I remember your clip of the Badger with the limp, it looks as though it's not hampering it to much, and fingers X as there are now two of them, we will see baby Badgers soon on your trail cams

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri May 02, 2014 8:11 am

So many places to think about putting my 2 cams WS - it's  scratch   Trail Cam - Page 4 45922  where next?  Trail Cam - Page 4 40683  This weekend I am trying the river again, hoping for kingfishers and mink (not because we want them but to know if they are still here).

I also thought one near the bird feeders to see the ducks, pheasants, partridge et al  cheers 

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat May 10, 2014 5:30 pm

Sorry Lai I have kind of missed this thread a little bit. I'm sorry that both Mrs D's have lost their ducklings from your garden, that is sad but good to see Mrs D in that clip with her little ducklings, are they all still there? I hope so.

You have so many interesting places to put your trail cams I can understand it must be tough deciding where to put them .........I think you need Springwatch to film from your garden then you will get everything covered  bounce 

Looking forward to seeing what you have managed to capture  Very Happy 

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun May 11, 2014 11:18 am

I Agree  Littlewid, we are extremely lucky with our diverse wildlife and spoilt for choice. Just now the trail cams are all in as the river is up! I was hoping to try and get the kingfishers and the Mandarin ducks but may try and put them out later if the river drops a bit.

I have some lovely clips of the Mandarins in our garden with the Tawny owl in the tree above but need to upload to Youtube so will do that after I finished posting .........  Trail Cam - Page 4 71418 

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun May 11, 2014 12:09 pm

A little bit later .......................

Here's 3 short clips of the Mandarin pair feeding in our garden.

On this clip is you put it on full frame and look just above the Mandarins (about 1/2 inch) in to the apple tree you'll see the Tawny owl moving it's head
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon May 12, 2014 10:49 am

http://i73.servimg.c Great clips Lai. He really is a beautiful looking Duck, lovely to see them in your garden feeding happily. I saw the Owl on the second run through, but I don't think I would have if you hadn't tipped us off.
Thanks for the videos Lai

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon May 12, 2014 3:30 pm

Thanks WS and I admit I would have missed it if I didn't know the owl was there WS  What a Face   the trail cam didn't pick it up when it swooped down on a small vole/mouse but Pete and I watched it  Shocked 

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon May 12, 2014 6:07 pm

Well i'm coming with my tent to move into your garden Lai  Very Happy  It's a garden you would never get bored in, so watch out, i'm on my way........Ooops...a problem........I don't have a tent  affraid 

Those really are lovely clips, the mandarins are so beautiful but I must also admit, seeing the Owl was just lovely, it really made me smile the way he spun his head round, his eyes were like "Oh Yes, what you doing", just brilliant.

Right i'm off late night shopping to buy a tent  http://i70.servimg.c 

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon May 12, 2014 6:40 pm

Trail Cam - Page 4 768480   Littlewid, you're welcome anytime with or without a tent, the dogs will happily share their beds  Trail Cam - Page 4 40683  I agree about the owl, such a lovely thing to see and his movement was so slight but it was great to see.

I've just seen the Mandarins a little earlier and sadly spooked them when I went out with some food, so hope they return later.  Trail Cam - Page 4 431638  their young are safe on the river.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon May 12, 2014 7:46 pm

I could curl up with your 3 lovely dogs Lai........I would be all warm and toasty........now I just need to check train times  Trail Cam - Page 4 40683 

Hopefully the Mandarins will return later. Good to know their young are safe on the river. Has the level gone down a bit now so you can put your cams back out?

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue May 13, 2014 9:56 am

The Mandarin pair came back later for some food and then vanished hopefully back to the river which is dropping so maybe I can put the cams out again  Very Happy 

This morning we had 4 Greylag geese in the garden.  Wow are they noisy and when they decided to fly away they sort of wind themselves up, run, honking loudly and then take off.  I hope they'll be back for a photo opportunity  cheers 

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Fri May 16, 2014 2:09 pm

I'm going to profusely apologise for my absence. Combination of work, real life and general dramas getting in the way. As an apology I have a video which was taken by a friend of mine with his newly bought wildlife camera of some nesting great tit visitors. He said that there are very loud chicks in there

There is also some of my latest videos on my youtube site https://www.youtube.com/user/MsPurpleHippy
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Fri May 16, 2014 4:25 pm

Another one from my friend, they were visiting the nest as he was re positioning the camera

princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Sat May 17, 2014 8:33 am

Just catching up on this thread after my absence and  WOW WOW those are some amazing videos. They put my birdies to shame, I wish I had a garden where I had lots of lovely visitors. I may have to 'borrow' a few of my friends garden as one of them definitely has some hedge pigs visiting

hedgehog hedgehog
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat May 17, 2014 8:39 am

Hi PPH
It's lovely to have you back and don't worry, we all have things going on at times that keep us off the forum, life can be manic at times can't it but it's nice to have you back.
How lovely for your friend to have little visitors in his nesting box. A friend of mine at work has a nesting box with a camera in it and they have been watching Blue tits nesting, incubating and then hatching chicks. Its great that your friends weren't really scared by him moving his camera. Thanks for the clips and I will have a look at your link over the weekend for sure.

Have you had the Greylag Geese back yet Lai? I hope so, they do sound comical with their take offs, it must be lovely to watch......and hopefully get some more snaps.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy Sat May 24, 2014 11:56 am

During the nice weather we've been having I put my camera out again. In 24 hrs I got over 3000 pics so I had to be vicious in my whittling and I got down to 78

https://plus.google.com/photos/100227069702111384952/albums/5959188612374366353?authkey=CKPdj9K-m8arlwE

Its a bit fuzzy but this is one of my faves

Trail Cam - Page 4 <a href=Trail Cam - Page 4 Ek001410"

also a baby starling being fed on my feeder

Trail Cam - Page 4 Ek001311
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next