Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

+5
Safariman
Doogs
WMTravellers
gregrowlerson
princesspurplehippy
9 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 Empty Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  gregrowlerson Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:55 am

It has been a very big week http://www.picgifs.c 

Oh my, that is no good about your fall WS, but great that you are able to take it all with good humour as always Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 2224760601 I laughed a lot about your James Bond comparison Very Happy 

Doogs, nice to hear about your fun time at the races with the wins and more importantly a smile from your Like a Star @ heaven Very Happy I was laughing too a lot at your continual "few drinkies" Razz Hope that golf with your dad went well.

LW, you are obviously the cat in the hat Laughing 

Lai, very exciting to hear the Kip is onboard from next week Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 768480 And perhaps companionship is the best medicine, so maybe all it will take is an extra fabulous furry around to get Rosie on the mend. Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 431638 with it all.

I have been a little slack around here, but Thursday I was at my parents, Friday at my mates place to watch the Angels & Airwaves movie Love (though not by them, they just did the soundtrack), then Saturday I was at work. And tomorrow I have a house inspection by the rental agency! Mega affraid This place is a disaster zone right now! So some much needed cleaning up to take place this afternoon Laughing 

And afterwards I can relax with the Tour De France, as tonight is a great stage in prospect Very Happy 

And there is still another whole week to go of it!

Work has been kinda crazy. With the whole blunder thing we ended up getting extra money out of the builder as well as amended plans with MY sizes (so I was winning Razz ), but then after sending us the agreed to purchase order they were still questioning it all Laughing It's a cool part of life with its ups and downs, it humbles us and even scares us when it needs to, and then can bring us up again and make us feel okay, and therefore be even more appreciative. It was nothing to do with that job, but on another order I put in an incorrect delivery day (some areas we only have trucks to on specific days), usually not the biggest of deals, but in this case it was an order for a manager of a building company (yep, I know how to pick them Laughing ), so we had to deliver that day. So to my great Embarassed I would have to take it there myself....in a manual ute Rolling Eyes Well I had not driven a manual since initially trying to learn to drive (and even then I was pretty shabby Laughing ), but in silly gunho mode decided that yes, this still had to be done. Since I was going to my parents that night I would practise in my dad's car before the big trip. My dad rarely gets firm about anything, in this instance it was a flat out no. He was going to refuse to allow me to even do this (insisting on coming with me and driving it himself), and it was one of these moments where I just wanted to crawl into a hole and die! In the end - after some rather poor attempts at driving his manual Laughing - I called up my sales rep to basically plead with him to make the trip...thankfully I never had to get to the pleading stage Very Happy As is often the case, my parents were flat out right. I know that a lot of people say this, but I really do have the best parents I love you I do not tend to get too Embarassed about much stuff, but with this it was like I really didn't want to show my face at work, but Friday was all good, and I did some decent work and felt more useful again. I will be getting some nice http://www.picgifs.c to my sales rep as a big Thanks 

For now it is time to take the doggies for walkies. I am still in my onesie so shall leave it on Very Happy And the disease does seem to be spreading! A fellow female worker posted a pic of her daughter in her new onesie! They are going to take over the world! http://i70.servimg.c 

gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:57 pm

Good Afternoon One and All sunny 

Glad to hear you are feeling ok WS or is that James Bond Wink at least getting the sun on those knees the cuts will heal quicker  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 768480  I don't know what made me laugh more, the school boy image or the JB one lol! 

I bet you are looking forward to tomorrow Lai when you collect Kip  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 3072742194 I bet that will perk Rosie up and hopefully Tamu will love her new playmate too. Lets hope the vets get to the bottom of Rosies problem, I was thinking of Liver and clotting issues, lets hope it's not that, let us know how things go with her and also the meeting with her two new sisters.

Gosh you really have been having a time of it at work GR, but yes being driven by Dad would have been a tad  Embarassed  but your dad was right, if your not used to a manual car then really it would have been silly, so he was looking out for you........Daddy GR  You the man . Lovely that your work colleague came to the rescue that was nice. Hopefully this week will be blunder free for you GR Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 768480 

Yesterday I had a lovely day. I had my little Nephew Kian with me, I took him shopping to buy new trainers and believe me we had loads of first choices, nearly all the trainers in the shop actually Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 40683  but he ended up with 2 pairs, one that my mum brought. Then as I was going to Emma & Toms for a family BBQ in the evening Kian wanted to choose some puddings, so off we went to Sainsburys for a little spend up and of course they have little machines where you pop in a pound and get a little toy, so two machines later and he was happy again. Then it was a drive in the opposite direction and off to MacDonalds.......his choice not mine......for a happy meal and yes he was happy Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 2224760601  then it was back to mine and he tested me on his computer login for his schools maths program ( it is allowed to do this) and I must admit it was good fun playing all the math games and i'm proud to say he is a smart http://i77.servimg.c  at his maths. Then we got Nero and our goodies for the BBQ and went off home for the BBQ with Emma, Tom, Lara, my sister and hubby and my mum and also Shirley & Martin the other Grannie and Grandad as well, so it was a lovely evening of lots of laughter and Toms first efforts at managing a BBQ and he did well, with dad in laws help  cheers 

Oh yes GR, I found the Lemon and Lime alcohol free lagers and got some.......very nice indeedy http://www.picgifs.c  and I also found some Alcohol free cider it's by Kopparberg and its mixed fruit.......I well recommend it Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 853843 

Having a kind of chilling day today, been out this morning but just chilling this afternoon and doing a bit of sorting round the house........oh yes, hope your house inspection went ok GR.

Have a great rest of the weekend everyone

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:41 pm

Hi guys
Bad news my router has gone faulty so no internet for at least 5 days till ..I get a new one in the post. Using phone but its so slow . Will try to stay in touch as much as poss
W.s
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:12 am

Good morning everyone

WS I'm glad you are okay and not too battered and bruised, but sorry to hear about your router, another one who'll be silent now! We're still waiting for Bt although they said they were working on it on Friday we didn't see anyone, so a bit of a lie on their part. Anyway, on and off we have bb at home but no clear line on the phone Head Banger 

GR you do make me laugh and perhaps you need to practice on a manual car just in case! Good news that it all came together in the end though.

Sounds like you had a busy fun weekend Littlewid, the weather really has been scorching.

Rosie and Tamu had showers yesterday as Rosie had been down a rabbit hole and amongst the sticky weeds and was covered in mud halfway along her body. She looked gorgeous for half a day Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 2224760601  They both enjoyed the cool shampooing though and got the mads round the garden afterwards.

We are collecting Kip this afternoon Yayyyyyyyyyyyy http://i70.servimg.c  http://www.picgifs.c 

I am now visualising onesies taking over the world GR Laughing 

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:16 pm

I meant to add to the above that we found we have Mrs Duck with 2 chicks and Mrs Duck with 4 chicks (was 5 when we returned now sadly 4) in our garden on our new wildlife pond. Very exciting and the dogs are banned from that part of the garden as they all come to the bird feeders to be fed!

I'm trying to get some photos but they are fast and I don't want to alarm them. Mrs Duck No. 1 will feed directly from the scoop but the chicks are very flighty (or not really) so fingers crossed I can get some pics and also that the remaining chicks all survive.

Lai Duck 
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:33 pm

Great to hear your getting . Kip today . Lai hope everything goes ok . I will keep looking in sorry if I miss anyone's post
W. S
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:20 pm

Afternoon everyone cheers 

Had a great time at the golf with dad on Friday, lovely weather and quality action.  We both backed Phil Mickleson to win so good that we had some extra pennies by Sunday night, good old Phil Wink .  Out for a meal and a few drinks with a couple of friends on Sat night then Sunday I was into work for a few hours, BBQ for tea then . . . . .  I was off following in WS’s footsteps.  I have been asked to return to part-time bar work by a guy I know, in a supervisory capacity.  I’m going to give it a go, see how I get on but if it’s too much with my full time job (+ the OT) as well I’ll just call it a day.  Did 3 hours on Sun night training then I’m back in again tomorrow night until close to see how to lock up etc.

Oooh WS you have been in the wars Crying or Very sad    Sounds like you are on the road to recovery now which is good, you look after yourself.  Grrrr to your router problems and don’t worry about missing any posts.

Good to hear that Rosie is better Lai and that things are not as serious as you thought they might be, well of course so long as it’s not liver problems, fingers crossed it is not.   How wonderful that you’re picking up Kip today, that’s going to be one busy household you’re gonna have by tonight Very Happy  Hope they all get along just dandy, I’m sure they will.

GR, I think you need some time off work !!! Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 615959    I think your dad was maybe right with regards to borrowing the car, you probably don’t realise just how out of tune you are with manual gears until you try it !!  Embarassed 

Sounds like you’ve had a lovely weekend LW, certainly a busy bee but good that is was all play and not work Very Happy    I didn’t know Kopparberg did alcohol free cider as well, I’m rather partial to the ones that do have the alcohol lol!  they are lovely and refreshing on a hot summers day drunken 

Off out for tea tonight with a friend.

Have a good one everyone.
Doogs  sunny 
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:10 pm

Good Evening Everyone Very Happy 

Lai I hope everything is going fine with Kip joining the household, 3 dogs in the house just sounds wonderful and I am a wee bit envious, Nero is definitely solo boy since Bentley went. Sounds a sif Rosie was having fun today and I love seeing dogs have the mads when they have had a shower or bath, it gets them every time doesn't it Very Happy 

How lovely that you have the Ducks and chicks on your new wild life pond, thats so exciting and i'm really looking forward to any pictures that you may be able to get Duck 

WS sorry to hear about your router, thats such pain for you, didn't it go last year as well? hopefully you will get a new one soon but we will miss all your banter and all the cams you keep an eye on for us but at least you will have a little more time to recover from your cuts and bruises.

Sounds like a good weekend Doogs with your dad, I take it Phil Mickleson won the golf? Bar work, not something I have ever done but I imagine it can be fun but hard work, just think, you and WS could run a pub together Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 768480  just dont get too worn out by it all. Hope you have a lovely tea with your friend tonight.

Been another boiler here today and getting hotter tomorrow up to 31 they reckon affraid  far too hot for me I must say, I have now been dreaming of Snowing  to me that sounds delightful Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 40683 

This evening I discovered Rachels Ginger Yougurt......YUM YUM YUM and to my surprise Tiga and Nero loved it too. I could have eaten a whole pot pig 

Oh yes Doogs, the Kopparberg alcohol free cider was just scrummy, very fruity and refreshing, I have two more bottles in my fridge and will surely be buying more when I go shopping Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 853843 

Have a great evening one and all, I need to water all my plants later but I will wait till its a little cooler, its still rather hot at the moment.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:21 pm

Good afternoon everyone

Well BT are now saying 23rd before they fix everything, and I could affraid  No  Evil or Very Mad it is driving me nuts as often I work from home and now I can't.

So briefly popped in to say hello and to let you know that we collected Kip last night. Oh boy is she one hyper dog, I don't think she's been in a house before to live, everything is new and she kept us all awake all night, pacing and barking! I had to leave her for a bit today and nearly got bowled over when I went home. I'm going back there now to make sure all is well. She's lovely but has no manners, certainly isn't spacially aware as she knocks into me, Pete, any passing dog, cupboard or whatever. Anyway, all is well if not a little chaotic and I am sure she will settle in well soon.

She's coming to the vet on Wednesday with Rosie so we can have her checked over too.

Don't overdo the work Doogs, and good luck with the new part-time job.

I am laughing about the yoghurt Littlewid, I just love it, but natural yoghurt with honey, I can eat a whole big pot easily Very Happy You're definitely far hotter in the south so I don't envy you at all.

Have a good evening everyone.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:29 pm

Good evening everyone Very Happy 

I notice this evening we have our smilies back in their usual orange background and not that grey colour http://i70.servimg.c 

Kip sounds a little bit of a handful at the moment Lai but then if she has never been in a house before you cant really blame her it must be the equivalent of having feral cat inside for the first time, totally alien to her but she will settle and love having a proper home forever with other 4 legged friends to play with and two 2 legged people who love her. Hopefully she will settle down a little soon but for now I bet she is dead excited. Let us know how it all goes and hopefully her vet check will be fine and fingers crossed for Rosie tomorrow.

I reckon the other half of the yogurt will get devoured this evening Lai, just deciding whether to pour it over a Banana or over a Banana and some Peach Special K, I love yogurt on cereals and fruit YUMMY http://i77.servimg.c 

Is anyone else watching Alan Titchmarsh on a Tuesday evening in Love your Garden? he has transformed some gardens into really amazing gardens and much better than the Ground Force days although I did love that program as well.

Another roasting day today and going to be the same tomorrow. I think we are having it a little hotter here in the South Lai and even the Breeze off the sea seems to have forgotten to Breeze Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 40683 but I think most places are enjoying a summer at last.

Have a "cool" evening everyone

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:54 am

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 2224760601  I'm back Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 2224760601 
My new router arrived this morning http://i70.servimg.c  so I've just got back on. I will try to catch up as soon as poss. Doogs I'm sure you'd be better off this side the bar http://www.picgifs.c  with all the work, and o/t you do, but I hope it goes Ok for you, but if you start to feel its to much, give it up.
Kip sounds like a real bundle of energy Lai, hopefully she'll calm down soon. Lack of spacial awareness scratch that sounds a bit like me coming from the pub drunken Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 40683 Your BT prob is really turning into a marathon Lai, I hope they are going to compensate you.
Mrs S loves those Rachels Yougurts LW, but she did'nt know about the Ginger one, so she's going to try it thanks for the tip. Her friend that we see has known he for years, she lives near her in Mid Wales. So we will aske her to pass your message of how much you like them on. Hope it starts getting a bit cooler for you soon LW, I know how much you suffer with the heat, and sun, stay cool my friend

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:55 am

http://www.picgifs.c WS & Doogsy?! Laughing 
Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 Cheers10
Yep, I'm sure they could run one LW Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 2224760601
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:07 pm

WOW very busy around here at the moment which is great!

Good to have WS back on board with his internet connection and Lai too, even if there are still issues.

http://i70.servimg.c that you have Kip! Even if some issues there too Laughing I love your term "no spacial awareness"! It's soooo Leo! Razz 

But maybe WS is onto something with the comparisons to himself when drunken because Kip must be high on something now Mrs Kipia....yours and Pete's I love you Very Happy 

Thanks for the update on the ducks also. Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 431638 that you can get some happy snaps Duck 

Doogs, nice to hear that Phil allowed you to get your fill http://www.picgifs.c lol! He is a bit of an evergreen that guy. Seems to have been around forever.

LW, that Kian sounds like quite a character! But just let him know that he won't be able to get away with as much pudding and Maccas when he is older Laughing I'm glad you got onto those Lemon Lime Bitters Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 768480 

It wouldn't be a GR week if it was totally blunder free Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 40683 

Work has been maybe a little less crazy for me this week Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 40683 And I have this weekend off http://i70.servimg.c Well, as far as I know so far. There are sometimes late changes to the Saturday schedule.

I have not worked out what I am going to do. Perhaps I will even make a return to Melbourne Zoo, as it's been at least two months now I think.

With the Werribee Zoo, I stalked out the fire show performers email address and sent them some praise http://www.picgifs.c I got a really lovely response from Matt which was fantastic. He really valued my kind words and agreed with my sentiments about their act. He also said that I am the first person who is not an agent or performer to write to them, so I am quite proud that I sent them something. Sometimes words can mean a lot. He will let me know when they have updated their webpage, and also when they have their details up on facebook (I of course already tried stalking them on that but came up empty Laughing )

He gave me the artist links to the music in their show and I already found my favourite song! It's called Catgroove, and I highly recommend it for anyone! Because I don't really traditionally like dance music, but it's just so catchy and smirk-inducing Very Happy

Something really funny and awesome happened to me on Sunday night too. I was making a purchase of Chivas Regal for my work mate as Thanks and the guy at the counter asked me for ID!! I couldn't stop Very Happy It was partly the beanie I was wearing, but also that I'm a child at I love you So on my tombstone you can put;

Asked for ID at the age of thirty-two

That's a pretty grand achievement Razz http://www.picgifs.c http://i70.servimg.c

And the house inspection was no sweat Cool
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:36 pm

Good evening Everyone Very Happy 

I would be pretty proud if I got asked for my ID at 32 GR, thats compliment indeedy bounce  Glad your week is a little better and that you have the weekend off, a visit to the zoo sounds grand to me Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 768480 

How lovely to get a message back from Matt but I bet they were dead pleased to get your message too, how odd that no-one had written to them before from the public, it's always nice to get a thanks isn't it.

Great to have you back WS Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 2224760601  its never the same without all your banter in full flow Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 40683 
How strange that Mrs S's friend knows the lady from Rachels. I adore her yogurts and always buy them but only discovered the Ginger one at the weekend. It's a lovely thick yoghurt, greek style that has the hint of ginger then it has ginger pieces in it and it really is scrummy, I will be buying more at the weekend for sure. Thank you for getting my delight at them passed on cheers  I hope Mrs S enjoys it as much as I do.

How did it go t the vets today Lai, I hope Kip got the all clear and how did Rosie get on? any news? I hope things are looking up for her.

Been another boiler here today 32 degrees and its knocking everyone for six, me included, if someone sat me in ice now I would not be complianing No 

Tomorrow at work we have a big BBQ going on all day We have just become the first Trust in the south cost to become a Foundation Trust which is quite an achievement and goes to show how good we are and I am proud to say that. So to thank everyone for all their hard work in a collective achievement of getting there, the Trust is throwing a huge BBQ for everyone, free food and drinks all day with a lovely menu but I reckon the place will stink at the end of the day, but who cares its going to be fun and even though everyone is working we are all looking forward to it, it ill be a great social gathering and work will be even more fun tomorrow.

Have a good Thursday everyone and stay safe in the sun

littlewid-x-

littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:53 pm

Thanks LW hope the Barbie goes well, stay up wind of the fire. Thats good of you to take the trouble to email Matt GR, to many people are quick off the mark to complain, but not many take the time to compliment, and say thanks.
ID, I can beat that GR. I was in B&Q which is a big DIY Store when I was 55, and the girl knocked 10% off cos she thought I was 60, so being asked for ID at 32 is nothing to Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 2224760601 about .
Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 45922 confused not sure if thats better or not What a Face 

WS Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 40683
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:28 am

Good morning everyone

Evil or Very Mad No internet at home yesterday and arrrrrrrgh it is driving me do lally. So apologies for not catching up and missing threads. We await the 23rd, the promised date for all to be well with our lines.

Kip is fine and a bundle of energy, she is much better now after 3 nights and just loves all and everyone. Tamu and Rosie are okay with her and for the first time ever shared a bed to get away from Kip, despite the fact that they have one each and their own space. I took a pic on my mobile and once it's on Dropbox I will post it.

Poor old Rosie has this bad toe which is going to be operated on on Monday, probably removed as it is very swollen and more like a tumour now. Bloods came back ok, not a liver problem, but still this clotting issue, which will be taken into account on Monday. The problem is how far do you go with tests? and what does it achieve? mmmmmmm lots to think about.

Kip passed the vets check over and now is up to date with vaccinations and Kennel cough. She really is lovely and has the waggiest tail ever, which gives me whiplash all the time.

Sounds like you deserve a BBQ at work at Littlewid, well done for all your hard work.

Sorry to be so quick and to miss everyone's posts but I must get on What a Face 

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:57 pm

No worries about the quick replies Lai, your internets a pain. Glad Kip past the tests Ok, but what a shame about Rosie, I hope everything goes OK for her on Monday. It is a real worry how far you go with things like this, and I think we've all been down that route. Anyway hopefully things will turn out OK, try and let us know Rosie goes on we will be thinking about you all
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:39 am

Thanks WS and especially for kind words about Rosie, I hope she will be okay as she really is such a sweet natured, gentle dog, with the odd bit of madness thrown in Laughing 

We came back last night to a message from BT saying the cable had been pulled through and our lines, internet BB and mobiles etc are all now working http://i70.servimg.c http://www.picgifs.c  so far so good and a huge relief.

Have a good day everyone, it's toasty hot again today and not a cloud in the sky, would it be awful to ask for some rain now? Very Happy 

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:58 pm

Good afternoon everyone, it’s another lovely sunny day.

WS glad you got your new router and your internet is working properly now.  I think you and I would be a great team to run a bar – not sure if there would be much profit with us two though in the joint though !! http://www.picgifs.c lol!   We would have to do a special cocktail of a ‘Dawa Doogs’ for our customers drunken   Very funny picture GR I think that’s from Cheers is that right ?  Not a programme I ever watched but it looks familiar.

Yes LW Phil did win the golf.  It’s the British Open this week and again dad and I have backed him, he’s started ok so fingers crossed Wink   Ginger Yoghurt sounds lovely, have to look out for that one.  How did the BBQ go ?  Well done on your Trust becoming a Foundation Trust Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 853843

Well Kip certainly sounds full of beans Lai Very Happy  She’s obviously well excited in her new surroundings.  Will you go to a class to try and teach her some ‘manners’ or will you and Pete try yourselves at home ? or perhapds you will just leave her and see if she changes once she gets used to her surroundings ?   Poor Rosie Crying or Very sad she’s not had much luck but hopefully her op on Monday will sort her out and I quite agree with you, sometimes you just have to draw the line with the tests and say no more.  

Well done GR on your nice email to the Werribee Zoo fire show performers and how lovely of Matt to reply also with kind words – words do mean an awful lot, especially if they are well written and we all know you are more than capable of that Cool   Nothing like a confidence age boost at 32, nice one Wink  Glad you passed the house inspection with flying colours cheers

I’m working tonight but not until 9pm so I’ll head to my mum & dads for tea (I’ve bought fillet steaks to take over), watch a bit of the golf then head to work (it's only 5 minutes from theirs in the car).  Tomorrow I’ve got a BBQ out at my dad’s work so hoping the sunny  shines although the forecast is not as good as it has been during the week – typical when the weekend comes after being stuck in the office all week Mad

Have a good one everyone
Doogs drunken
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:31 pm

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 71418  I like the 'Dawa Doogs' cocktail idea Doogs.

Re the manners, we'll be teaching her and she's a quick learner, so far so good, no barging through doors, and preferably no jumping up and knocking people over, especially me Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 853843 

Hope work is okay tonight Doogs, and you enjoy that piece of steak. I think it's supposed to be a little cooler here tomorrow and I am so pleased as we've got 12 from the Wirral & Cheshire badger group coming to help tidy up a bit of woodland where we used to have an active badger sett. We've refenced it and are hoping they'll move back in soon. Should be fun if not a little hot but we're providing lots of sandwiches, cakes, flapjacks and cold drinks to keep everyone happy Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 71418 

Have a fun evening everyone and stay cool Cool 

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:13 pm

Have there been dream creatures for me lurking on these boards that I just haven't previously been made aware of?

I noticed that having birthdays this week are liongirl92 & MissLeopard28 and this lion boy I love you went all a flutter Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 40683 

With the cricket, I was watching some of it Thursday night at my parents, and it cracked me up inside when Shane Warne started commentating, as Dad doesn't like him much, and he started going on about his 'selfies' that he takes (only he didn't say selfies of course!), "does he really think that people are interested in him taking photos of himself in bed? Stick to your cricket Warney."

I sat there smirking quietly, thinking about myself in flying squirrel and and snow leopard onesie mode Razz 

It has given me the idea though that I haven't done the in bed shot yet Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 40683 

We were also joking about the prestige of the Lords long room, and wondering how Leaping Leo would go with this grand entrance and so forth. We don't think that Leo would do much grovelling to royalty! I can just imagine him getting his paws on that caviar before it has even been served Very Happy 
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:40 pm

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 305898 on the Foundation Trust LW Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 853843 I hope that the BBQ is a joyous occasion for everyone concerned.

I saw on another thread that you are going to the zoo yourself in September http://i70.servimg.c You must remember your camera http://www.picgifs.c 

WS, not so sure if I'd take your ID experience in the same way Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 40683 But you definitely deserve a You the man for that one http://www.picgifs.c 

Lai, terrific to hear that Kip is settling in and loving life. The waggiest tail ever sounds great. I think that Kip must have the energy of this smiley dude Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 2224760601 

Best of luck with Rosie and getting her issues sorted. Has Tamu been dealing well with all the changes? It must be a lot for a dog (or a human) to take in.

Doogs, thanks for the compliments on my way with words, and yes, that pic is from the American sitcom Cheers. I laughed about the lack of profits with you and WS http://www.picgifs.c 

Another night of the Tour De France for me Very Happy Don't think I will make it to the zoo this weekend as I'm a little tired. And WS, that does not give you a licence for more Mane jokes Laughing 
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:24 pm

Good Evening Everyone Very Happy 

Can't wait to see the picture of Tamu and Rosie sharing a bed Lai, that must have been lovely to see I love you how is Rosie getting on? lets hope things turn out well for her as its been a rough start. Kip sounds full of fun but as you say, a few lessons in manners from you and Pete and I am sure all will be good, she must still be so excited to be in a loving home.
How did it go with the Badger Sett clearing? I bet it was actually good fun and I am hoping that the Badgers do return, that would just be fantastic wouldn't it, you will have to let us know if they do.

Fingers crossed Phil does it again for you Doogs. I havent watched any of the golf but I am sure it has been good. Hope you enjoy the BBQ as well and if you were not starting work till 9pm that must have been a late finish for you, you look after yourself.
If you get the chance to try Rachels Ginger Yogurt Doogs you will love it, its hard not to eat the whole pot. I left one at Emma & Toms last week, Emma told Tom it was heavenly and he said to save him some, she said she would and then promptly ate the lot, with the excuse of once I started I couldn't stop Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 40683  poor Tom!

The Trust BBQ went really well thanks Guys, everyone loved it and they had put so much effort into it and the food was just scrummy. It was well organised and they had even hired in tables and chairs so you could sit out or sit under the trees. They all worked so hard and made sure everyone enjoyed themselves, it really was fun.

Mmmm what would your dad make of your Selfies GR scratch do you think he would ROFL  or be more affraid OMG seems like we might be getting some Sleeping  shots Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 615959  that might really blow your dads mind http://i73.servimg.c 
I reckon leaping Leo would litterally bowl everyone over on his entrance, I have an image of the doors being taken out with his charge and then everyone being taken out like dominoes on his massive leap.......good old Leo http://i70.servimg.c 

Tomorrow is my sisters birthday, so Emma and Tom held another BBQ this afternoon which was fab and my mum made a scrummy Red Chocolate cake iced with white vanilla icing (we also brought her a B'Day cake). Lots of family fun was had and Nero was in his element too but got a little bit disappointed when he had to go off to the groomers for his bath and haircut, but he does look rather lovely and smells scrummy too.

it was a little cooler here today which was nice but its going to be mega hot from now on according to the weather , think I may try and hunt out more fans tomorrow but I hear they are like gold dust!

Have a good rest of the weekend everyone whatever you are up too.

littlewid-x-

Oops meant to say, yes I am going to the zoo in September GR, Emma and Tom are taking me for my Birthday again and i'm really excited about it and I will not forget my camera, I was really pleased with the photos I got last time so am hoping I will get some good ones this time. We are going to try and make an organised day of it this time so we can catch lots of the talks etc as we missed loads last time and we all love listening and learning. Emma and Tom are animal mad and so are Lara and Kian, so this time we want a learning adventure as well as seeing all the animals......and they have an amazing gift shop which is good as it looks like I might have to buy my own Meerkat Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 40683 
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:40 am

Shocked  What happened to the weather? Today is overcast and degrees cooler, I know it was getting too hot but Rolling Eyes today is Sunday and the expected sunny  has gone!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekends, bbqs and generally having fun.

Our day with the badger group was amazing. 11 people turned up to help us try and make the small wood habitable again for the badgers. We tidied up and cleared out the opening for the setts and it was wonderful how much we achieved with the help of the group. It was so kind of them to come and help and we really hope the badgers will return. Once we finished we came back home and sat in the garden, gave them lots of food for all their hard work, and enjoyed the visiting wildlife. The dogs loved having them and Tamu in particular who sneaked round helping herself to people sandwiches when they weren't looking Shocked 

Have a fun day.

Lai

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:16 am

I cracked up at Tamu's antcis Lai! Very Leoish. It never ceases to amaze me the appetite for food he has. Sometimes I think he is some sort of magician; "Abracadabra, I will make this food disappear" Laughing 

So with my dogs snacks, he will finish four times quicker than Bella, and she will grumble and growl the rest of the way through her food to keep him at bay!

Not that Leaping Leo would ever dare try to take food away from the Bella Wella Woo!

She is the matriarch of this household. I reckon she's got both Leo and I under her thumb Very Happy 

They have had a good run today, with two decent walks (no onesie wearing though this time), heaps of food and treats, some nice snuggles this morning, plus they got a couple of new toys. Or actually four. I broke out two new tennis balls this morning, and this afternoon bought a rubber bone thingy and a green plush giraffe, the ass of which has already been nawed into Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 40683 

During my brief shop today I came upon some true awesomeness! In one of those small stalls out in the walkways we had three shop assistants wearing onesies! And they were selling them on the front counter! It was $45 for one or $80 for two, so I was a little tempted! The leopard one that they had wasn't available in larger than medium, so I passed. But I'm sure that this stall will still be around in the weeks ahead!

The guy was trying to sell me the blue elephant one. I should have replied with, "Does my butt look big?"http://i77.servimg.c 

Then further down the shopping centre complex I came across a smallish variety shop which was displaying onesies out the front! It was soooo smirk-inducing; and I think that for a few minutes maybe people were looking at me thinking that I'm a massive weirdo (which I kinda am anyhoo Razz ) as I strolled around Target (a big chain store) with probably a big grin on my face! I think that people think you're suspicious if you're too happy sometimes Very Happy 

But it's as if the world has gone onesie mad in the blink of an eye. Anyone who sees anything onesie related please report it; and we will keep track of its taking over the world http://www.picgifs.c 

LW, sounds like Tom would be doing this Head Banger in regards to Emma's http://www.picgifs.c Laughing 

That's good news on the BBQ front with a couple going well in succession Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 768480 I really like your use of the word scrummy Laughing 

My dad has more of a Fawlty Towers English sense of humour rather than a childish onesie wearing one Laughing So I think it would be more of a affraid and Embarassed reaction Razz 

I agree with your image of Leo http://www.picgifs.c And even better would be that in the aftermath to his entrance, to him it's like nothing has happened and whilst flashing an enormous grin he just goes and helps himself to the hors d'oeuvres...

I had to look up the spelling of that Laughing 

September is not far away young LW, so it must be pretty exciting for you to have the zoo trip on the horizon http://i70.servimg.c I do whole heartedly apologise if you do have to buy your own meerkat...I tell you, if I ever get my hands on those responsible at the Royal Mail...

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 7 40683 

A big cheers for yours and Pete's work with the badgers Lai. Very selfless work it sounds like by one and all. And at least after all of that hard labour you ought to Sleeping well.

I should know (not about the hard labour bit tongue )!

gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next