Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

+5
Safariman
Doogs
WMTravellers
gregrowlerson
princesspurplehippy
9 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 38 Empty Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  Doogs Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:40 pm

Glad you've got some good stuff to help you Lai, hope they are under control soon.

After a glorious few days we had rain last night and today is a bit dull and chilly.

There were a few fallers in the race but thankfully all came back (relatively) safe and sound, Balthazar King being treated for broken ribs but should be ok cheers I love you
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:37 pm

oh no Doogs poor you with the weather, today just now we have glorious sunny so it seems a shame to be in the office Laughing

Yes, that was a huge relief and especially Balthazar King (being one of my mums horses and a favourite of mine from last year).

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 38 431638 for better weather as the week goes on.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:09 pm

Lot nicer today thanks Lai, the sunny has reappeared Very Happy

Further update re Balthazar King from his trainer Philip Hobbs :- "He is making slow but good progress and being lead out for a pick of grass now. He will be featured on Channel 4's Morning line on Saturday morning to keep everyone updated. Thank you once again for all the kind messages of support".

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 38 2224760601 http://i70.servimg.c Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 38 2224760601 http://i70.servimg.c Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 38 2224760601 http://i70.servimg.c  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 38 2224760601 http://i70.servimg.c Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 38 2224760601 http://i70.servimg.c Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 38 2224760601 http://i70.servimg.c  Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 38 2224760601
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:45 am

Group Hug What a relief!

Thanks for the update Doogs.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:37 pm

Good afternoon everyone

I hope you're all okay and have been enjoying spring, although today it's changed and is now raining What a Face   The wildlife is wonderful just now with 11 ducklings to one Mrs D and Mrs Gimpy our other duck who has a bad leg is sitting on eggs or imaginery eggs in our flower bed.  Mrs G is the one who uses the dogs water bowl for bathing outside our window cheers

On our trail cam in the woods we caught 2 badgers mating Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 38 71418   we are just so excited and hope they are 2 from the ones we released earlier.  They've moved site to another sett but easy for us to keep watch on.  Badgers are pregnant for 7 weeks so we'll be keeping an eye out.  

My mum and I are off next week to visit Leeds Castle in Kent and Hever Castle and we are really looking forward to it and hoping for sunny  so I'll be AWOL until Friday.

Sadly no BB a lot of the time with BT supposedly sorting out our superfast fibreoptic ha ha they've being saying this for ages, anyway no emails at work and half the time no internet affraid  so I may as well be off!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Lai Group Hug
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:39 am

Great news about your Ducks Lai. An update on our Ducks, which I haven,t done for a long time, as some of you will remember we had Donals, and Daisy who had ducklings, these were sent to a neighbouring fram that has a lake as there were to many for our small pond, leaving Donald, and Daisy. Sadly Donald was stolen one Xmas Mad , as that left Daisy was left on her own two of the other ducks were brought back to keep her company. Then Daisy was run over in the lane leaving just the two younger ones, one of which sadly died a few weeks ago leaving just Doris as we call her, that all happened over the last 6 years. However now for some good news . A Male and three females have now joined Doris on the pond after the owners managed to find them on the internet. As soon as the Male was released he started mating with Doris straight away, so hopefully some new ducklings soon. We also have a pair of Mallards who are visiting as well so you never know our pond could be overwhelmed.
Hope you have a great week at Leeds Castle and the weathers fine for you

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri May 01, 2015 10:48 am

Sad WS what sad news about your ducks but a positive that you now have some new visitors. Fingers crossed for ducklings soon. We still have 11 although I was wrong we originally had 12 Very Happy

Both Leeds and Hever Castle were magnificent, such history and such beautiful places with lovely gardens and wonderful weather apart from one afternoon when we got caught in the thunder and hail What a Face

I hope everyone is okay and keeping well.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon May 04, 2015 6:31 pm

Phew busy bank holiday weekend, with working loads of events to cover with the Van. Glad you had a good time away Lai, saw your photo of the thunderstorm on FB, hope you didn't get to wet. Yes sad about the pervious Ducks, but we still have one of the originals left, and she has really settled in with the four new ones, and has been accepted. It's great to see her with some company, and fingers x we will see little ducklings soon

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue May 05, 2015 2:46 pm

Good afternoon everyone

What a Face WS sounds like you had a busy BH weekend, let's hope the sunny was out over those Welsh hills. It's certainly turned wintery here today with Rain

A least it's a short week Laughing

Lai

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu May 07, 2015 10:58 am

Good morning everyone

Well I really must try harder with counting our ducklings - we still have 12 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 38 71418  but they are like little missiles and so funny to watch so how Mrs M keeps tabs on them I don't know.  We saw 7 herons in the field last night so let's hope they keep away from our pond and our ducklings!  2 Male Mandarins are around and look magnificent in the sunlight.  It's such a lovely time of year.

Safariman you must be almost counting the weeks until you return to Offbeat Mara  http://i70.servimg.c   It looks like my friend Ali and I may visit in October this year for 3 or 4 nights.  We are desperate to spend a week doing some photography so that will be lovely if we spend time there and then back to Ol Pejeta bush camp for a few days.

I hope everyone is okay.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu May 07, 2015 12:01 pm

Hi Guys
Well it was like November here yesterday Brrrrrrr, at least its a bit better today. Great to hear you still have all the ducklings Lai, but not good about the number of Herons, fingers X.
We still have our 5 White Ducks, Don, Doris ( the original duckling of Donald and Daisy ) Daphne, Debbie, and Delilah, but no sign of any ducklings yet. Plus our two Mallards are still visiting.
Wow that's soon come round SM will be great for you to catch up on your favourite animals, and whats happened in their lives since your last visit, and more pics, and stories for us. Hopefully you, and Ali will go later in the year, and some more pics to see

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman Thu May 07, 2015 3:44 pm

I agree Lai, trying to count ducklings on the water is almost impossible as they zoom around so fast and you are never sure if you have already counted some or not. I find it particularly difficult as with 3 separate broods on the pond at the same time they all get mixed up together!! Even when they come onto dry land you are not sure if they are all there or whether some are still playing in the water, however it is great fun to try.
Pleased to here you will be returning to Kenya in the autumn Lai. I find that after a couple of weeks back from a trip I start to have withdrawal symptoms which are only alleviated by planning a return visit!!
Hopefully WS you will see some action on your pond soon but like you the weather here is not very conducive to being out side for very long. However I did manage to brave the elements this morning and walk round to our local polling station to vote. However as I look outside now it is just starting to rain again and the wind is still blowing hard. The weather is definitely unsettled, a little like the election!!

SM

Safariman
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu May 07, 2015 7:13 pm

Very Happy Safariman, at least we only have to count one brood at the moment, it must be completely impossible to count 3 What a Face

I so agree about withdrawal symptoms, I just love Africa so much I am always thinking about it and how soon can I get back there! Pete and I are going next February to Taz and will add on Kenya at the end, so this trip with Ali is an added photography bonus.

Love your description of the General Election Laughing We've got brilliant sunny just now after a miserable wet morning and patchy afternoon.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon May 11, 2015 11:25 am

What crazy mixed up weather weekend What a Face It's been like Nov, May, April, and back to Nov. At the moment its sunny but very windy. We just don't seem to be able to get rid of the winds they've been virtually constant at one level, or another. Hope you've all had a better weekend weather wise than us.

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon May 11, 2015 2:13 pm

Same here WS. Wet and windy on Saturday and sunny ish and windy on Sunday. Windy and a bit of sun today - I am confused and so must the birds and wildlife be!

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue May 12, 2015 1:13 pm

Sorry folkies for the lenghy AWOL . . . (my emoticons still jumping to the beginning of the sentence so won't put the embarrassed one in !!). Lot of personal stuff to sort out, working in the pub, working at the election etc etc. The personal stuff although it's been a bit stressful is all to my benefit and good for my future, at last.

Beautiful warm sunny day up here albeit a wee bit windy. We have had an incredible amount of rain though the past few weeks, the weather has been all over the place but reading the posts below it sounds like we are all in the same boat !

Thats a shame about your ducks WS but great there are still some left. Good to hear you also have some Lai, here's hoping they have some little ones.

Away to get posting . . . .
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue May 12, 2015 6:13 pm

Good to know you are getting there with the personal stuff Doogs Group Hug

We've some more little ducklings but a new Mrs M so not very good at keeping them safe and currently only 4 left Sad they are adorable and fingers crossed she can keep them safe.

Enjoy your evening everyone - sunny just now.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed May 13, 2015 10:21 am

Hopefully you will get all sorted soon Doogs, and be able to get on with your life. Don't worry about being awol, we all understand

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed May 13, 2015 1:00 pm

Group Hug Thank you both Group Hug

Great you have more duckies Lai. Maybe the new Mrs M is young/inexperienced and that is why she's not keeping the babies as safe as you'd like, shame. Hopefully this is a learning curve for her and the future. Fingers crossed the 4 remaining ones are ok.
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu May 14, 2015 10:18 am

Still 12 and 4 just now so fingers crossed for the 4 little ones.

Just to say which I forgot to mention, Pete and I are off today joining a group of 16 tomorrow in Islay for a week's wildlife with Simon King. As he was there for the Easter Springwatch we're expecting to see lots of lovely wildlife Laughing

Back Friday 22nd so catch up after that.

Hope the weather stays fine wherever you are and enjoy spring.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu May 14, 2015 10:52 am

cheers cheers A week with Simon King fantastic Lai, hope you both have a really great time, and come back with loads of pics for us, no pressure lol!

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed May 20, 2015 1:43 pm

Hope you are having a fantastic time with Simon King Lai, sounds amazing.

After visiting the mortgage advisor on Friday I finally agreed one today which is good news, it is now being processed and that is a huge weight off my shouders !!!

Beautiful sunny day today, need it to continue so the grass drys to get it cut !!!!
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed May 20, 2015 6:15 pm

That's good news re: the mortgage another hurdle jumped, and getting toward the finishing post Doogs if you'll excuse the analogy. Fortunately for me we don't have any grass lol! but could certainly do with some warm weather. Looks like Lai is having fun on FB posts

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon May 25, 2015 12:13 pm

Good morning everyone - we're back from a great wildlife watching week in Islay, dodgy weather but loads of fun. A great group of 13 of us, plenty of hares, otters, lapwings and a cuckoo Very Happy Happy days Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 38 71418

I've a few photos so will process them this week. Yes WS I did share a few photos to FB taken on my mobile, I couldn't resist!

Hope everyone is okay and enjoying the B/H weekend.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue May 26, 2015 11:33 am

http://www.picgifs.c Back Lai I could see you were both having a great time on the instagram pics you posted on FB despite the weather. Brilliant about the Cuckoo getting rarer and rarer. Looking forward to seeing some more photos.
Been working all Bank Holiday but our weathers not been to bad, mainly a bit cloudy, and some drizzle in a morning, but turning sunny, and warmer in the afternoons.

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next