Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  Laikipia on Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:03 pm

Good afternoon everyone

Sorry I've been AWOL for ages, and just about to go away with my mum on Monday for 12 days so will be AWOL again.

Hope everyone is enjoying spring

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman on Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:10 pm

sounds as if you are having a busy time Lai. Enjoy your break with your mum.
I am off on Friday to Kenya, staying at Offbeat's Camp in the Mara North Conservancy so will also be AWOL!!
Couldn't resist posting these two photos.

A female lion of the Offbeat Pride patiently guards my tent (no.3) at Offbeats Mara Camp, awaiting my return at the end of next week!!

A giraffe checks my tent to ensure everything is ready for my return next Saturday!!

SM
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:32 pm

Safariman - I am so excited for you, what a great place to be visiting on Friday, have a truly wonderful time and no pressure for updates on all the happenings there

My friend Ali and are are now visiting Offbeat Mara on 18th October for 3 nights so we really looking forward to it and to catching up with Kapeen.

Have a great trip and enjoy the Tusker http://www.picgifs.c

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:45 am

WOW That's soon come round SM although it probably didn't seem like that to you . Lovely to see your friends are keeping an eye on your tent for you lol! Looking forward to reading your stories, and seeing your photos, plus hearing about how all the animals we know through you are going on.
Sorry if I've missed you Lai, but have a great time with your Mum, hope you both have a wonderful time

WS

Admin

http://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:36 pm

Good afternoon everyone

I hope you've all being enjoying the lovely weather and spring? I'm back from 12 days away with my mum and busy catching up.

Springwatch was wonderful and I'm really sorry it's ended, so much great info and footage - and of course Spineless Si Killer Whale (can't find a Stickleback)

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:49 pm

SPRING affraid WHERE lol! We don't seem to be able to get rid of that cold wind here, its not been to bad in the sun, but if we are in the shade its been really chilly. Yes Springwatch was great, and spineless si turned out to be a real star didn't he. Nice to see you back, hope you, and your Mum has a great time

WS

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:49 pm

Yes Thanks we did WS. All a bit tiring for my mother as we visited 6 countries but a lovely small ship and great cocktails and wonderful to visit so many places, especially St Petersburg - definitely on my wish list for a 4 day visit Laughing

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman on Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:28 pm

Sounds as if you had a great trip Lai even if it was a bit tiring, I guess you were travelling around the Balitic!!!
I arrived back from Kenya early Tuesday morning after another fantastic trip to Offbeat and Mara North. In spite of the grass being above waist height the game viewing was great with lots of tree climbing lions.
Sadly on my return I found out my dear brother was desperately ill and died the same day although I did manage to get to the hospital in time. So now I am heavily engaged in trying to organise the funeral and it will probably be a week or so before I can get round to properly editing my photos and videos. Therefore my posts on my safari will be a little delayed.
However I could not resist posting this photo of my new "best friend" Malaika. The story will follow.
My guides David and Kapeen insist I must return as soon as possible therefore I might try and arrange to go back in October at the same time as you Lai so we could possibly meet up!!

SM
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:41 pm

Welcome back Safariman, and I am so sorry to hear about your brother, what sad news for you but I am pleased to know you were able to make it to the hospital before he died.  Hugs and deepest sympathy from me and Peter.  

It sounds like you had a wonderful time, and what a cool photo of you and Malaika Very Happy   That would be lovely if our paths crossed at Offbeat   We're there for 3 nights, 18th,19th and 20th October.  Ali and I are hoping that Kapeen will be there to be with us and maybe Piers ?

Take care of yourself and no rush for your photos etc you have plenty to take care of just now.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:04 pm

Welcome Back SM. We are so sorry to hear about your Brother that must have been a shock for you, but at least you got there in time which is something. Condolences from Mrs S, and myself on your loss.
As much as we always look forward to your images, and stories, as Lai says there's no rush. In your own time, and when your ready. Lovely to see Malaika  there with you, that really must have been a thrill

WS

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:04 am

Looks like the host site is updating, none of the avatars are showing, and a lot of the emoticons

WS

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:40 pm

WS - seems to be okay today Laughing

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:20 am

Good morning everyone

It seems ages since we've all been on WAA. I guess the summer is in full swing and everyone's busy with holidays and things. Sadly the weather has forgotten it's summer and it seems to rain most days What a Face I'm off to RHS Tatton flower show today with my mum, it's really exciting as it's the first time we've entered a back to back garden and ............ we were awarded a Bronze. I'm thrilled and so pleased for the gardeners and all their hard work and effort. We'll be celebrating once the show is over http://i70.servimg.c

Whatever you're all up to have a great week.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman on Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:59 am

Congratulations Lai to you and your gardening team on your Bronze Medal, you must be very proud!! Would love to see some photos of the finished garden if you are able to post any.
Weather here is very changeable, one day hot and sunny, the next day rain but there is always a persistent and annoying wind.
As you say WAA has been very quiet for the last few weeks, everybody must be on holiday!!

SM
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:23 am

I really am thrilled for them Safariman, it's been hard work for them but worth it for the fun of being part of the show. Hopefully we'll enter again next year ..... although of course it's not me who has to do the hard work!

I took some photos on my mobile yesterday Safariman, so not sure how to post them on here??? I will try, but I'll be going back tomorrow so may take my camera instead.

I think Littlewid is still under the weather, poor thing.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:45 am

http://i73.servimg.c Congratulations to you, and your Gardening Team Lai, on winning a Bronze medal. Tatton Parks shows are really keenly contested so that's a great result for you all. Yes has been quiet on here, and as for summer Mad No we haven't sat out once this year yet, as you say SM its that constant wind even when it is sunny. Where we are its on average 2 Deg C colder than 10 mins drive away at sea level. We contacted LW quite some time ago, and she was having quite a few health issues, we asked her to keep in touch by text, and let us know how she was going on from time to time, but have heard nothing since. If you have a smart phone Lai you can get your photos on, but its a bit complicated

WS

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:20 pm

Thanks WS we are I will have a go on Monday WS. Also can maybe do it via Dropbox?

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:00 pm

Drop Box is a great idea Lai, it will automatically upload your photos to your PC,, when both your phone, and PC have an internet connection Good Luck

WS

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:21 pm

Oh dear, they are tiny!  I had to email them to myself and this is the result.  Anyway here are a few photos.

It was a back-to-back garden and the theme was 'The Hermits garden'

3 of our 4 gardeners

all the plants are to be re-cycled into our bee friendly garden.

It really was very pretty and the bees and butterflies loved it and we had some great comments.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:21 pm

Thanks for trying Lai.  bet they were lovely. Tried enlarging a couple, but there not really clear even though I  tried enhancing them sorry

WS

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:20 am

Thanks for trying WS. I will have another go once i'm in the office.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:11 pm

Okay, I've got them bigger   So this is Matt, Anthony (Head gardener) and Bart

Every plant is bee and butterfly friendly and we even had some lovely wild strawberries Very Happy The door opens into what would be the house for the hermit. The judges thought the door was too small! Hermits were solitary and not 4 people trying to enter at the same time What a Face

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman on Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:21 pm

Well done Lai, your persistence has paid off!!
Lovely to see the photos of the garden, its looks very old-fashioned cottagey, with lots of insect friendly wild flowers.
I suppose by now it has been dismantled and is back home.
Once again congratulations to your team and thanks for sharing.

SM
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:17 am

Great job Lai well done the pics look really good now, and the garden looks fantastic. lol! about the door dumbos

WS

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:43 pm

Hello everyone Very Happy
OH MY GOODNESS it's so good to back but so sorry its taken for ages. I did have contact with WS and Lai a while ago and things were on the up and I thought I would be back.......famous last words, it has been a nightmare but........it, s all good so I'm not going to ramble on and bore you with the details im just going to say......missed you all more than you can really imagine and im so pleased to have my life back.

What have I been up too? Not a lot but........on Thursday, Emma, Tom, Lara, Kian and I went to Port Lympne wildlife Park and all I can say is WOW WOW WOW I thought Whipsnade and London ZSL was amazing but Port Lympne wins hands down. I did take quite a few pics.......dusted off my camera and got re acquainted with it and got some nice shots.......I will start a post about it and the pics in the week......I need to down load them and get acquainted with my notebook again......its been a long time as ive just managed the odd like on FB occasionally.

I do have some little trip plans I will share and im also thinking of retiring from work affraid lol!

I don't think I will seriously ever be able to catch up on here but I will do my best to check things out........especially pics, trips etc

Honestly if you could see my face now.......I'm beaming with being back on here.......didn't even dust the screen before logging in lol!

How is everyone? I hope you are all good and having a good summer.

All good here......Nero is lovely and where he was being clipped short I am growing him into a feather duster again......long and curley, Splodge is fine and dandy and Tiga is doing ok with his asthma, he has a bit of a liver thing going on that can happen in older cats but he's all good and enjoying life......so im a happy bunny cheers

This time.....be warned......I am really back.......no question about it ......I do need to master this notebook though....I'm all over the place Very Happy

Right I will do my best to see whats been going on and get my Port Lympne post up but I need to do the pics first.......have some great Gorilla pics for Doogs.....lovely Tigers for WS......wildie boys for me and SM......as he took them for me and a gorgeous Kudu for Lai.......Oh and a lovely Cheetah cheers

WOW so lovely to be back......I'm still smiling

Littlewid-x- Group Hug

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum