Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blackbird Nest and Babies

4 posters

Go down

Blackbird Nest and Babies Empty Blackbird Nest and Babies

Post  princesspurplehippy Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:58 pm

These pictures were sent to me by a friend. For the last few years she has had a Blackbird pair nest in a hanging basket on her shed where she is growing a tomato plant. She thinks its the same pair as she has a very small garden and she doesnt have a cat and as a result they are not at all wary of her pottering around doing her garden. In fact they come quite close to her while she's out there, she started hearing a lot of peeping coming from the nest and knew there must be babies in there but still kept her distance.

She managed to get this lovely picture when daddy bird came to the nest to feed mummy bird who was obviously looking after eggs or babies

Blackbird Nest and Babies 10403510

She didnt get too close as still managed to get within 4foot of them and they werent at all concerned of her presence

Last edited by princesspurplehippy on Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Blackbird Nest and Babies Empty Re: Blackbird Nest and Babies

Post  princesspurplehippy Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:03 pm

She then noticed mummy bird flying away (she did come back) and while she was away she managed to get this quick pic of what she thinks are 5 babies. As the nest is only about 4 and 1/2 foot off the ground in the hanging basket she managed to get a good shot, she managed to take the pic before mummy bird came back and mummy bird was none the wiser.

Blackbird Nest and Babies 10642910

She has promised me she will leave them alone now but still keep an eye out for them to make sure they all grow up and not predated at all
princesspurplehippy
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:43 pm

How lovely is that PPH, its really wonderful to see nature happening right under your nose. They are lovely pictures and fingers crossed all the little chicks grow well and fledge ok. They do look strange without their feathers don't they, so vulnerable.

I have a pair of Collared Doves that I have posted about, they had two chicks a little while ago and they now have another baby, I think it may only be one this time. The too are not bothered by me or Nero being in the garden. I have a water bowl for mum and dad and yesterday Mum was walking on the table and drinking from the bowl.

It is such a nice thing to have birds unafraid of being around you and seeing their young grow to fledglings.

looking forward to your updates as and when you get them from your friend.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:32 pm

Thats great PPH, how lovely to have a nest in your garden, we did have one in the last place where we lived, and there was 5 babies in that. It will be lovely to hear how they go on, thank your friend for the news, and pics

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:42 pm

How wonderful to have that nest in your garden, your friend is very lucky PPH. What an unusual place to build a nest but it obviously works for them as it seems they have returned from last year Cool 

Blackbird Nest and Babies 431638 little family of Blackbirds
cheers 
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down