Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Assisi Fundraising

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Assisi Fundraising

Post  Laikipia on Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:27 am

Will get onto that today - everyone. I've not been to Acacia House but i believe it is fantastic

http://www.nomadicencounters.com/acaciahouse.html

Thanks Littlewid and SM - what amazing prize you've organised and Rekero CCT is a great cause.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:14 am

Thanks for sending my desk top calenders SM - they're lovely, well done for all your hard work.

I'll order some more later - when you're not snowed under with the cat show cat

~Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden on Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:45 pm

Thanks Lai, Im glad you like them!

Just taking a break from guillotining and reading through all the posts Ive missed, but will have to go in a minute as this is a really busy week.

SM
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:47 pm

Oh my heavens! Why have I not seen this thread before!!! I'm just about to receive a visitor but I will be back on soon to get some calendars ordered - they are gorgeous!!!

LT x

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:16 pm

Glad you like them LT, they make wonderful presents or stocking fillers for christmas.
You can PM, SM or myself or go to www.assisifundraising.co.uk and take a look at our fundraising page and download an order form.
Thanks for supporting Rekero CCF

littlewid-x-
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:53 pm

Well it's been a long few weeks to get everything ready for the show, but yesterday finally arrived. SM & TT left home at about 5.30AM just as I was getting out of bed to sort the animals for the day and get to the venue for 7.30 to start setting up our stall for the show.

Worthing was very busy yesterday with the second day of the famous Bird man competition, this was hosted by Heart and one of our local Breakfast Show Hosts, Jack The Lad was presenting for the day,our Local radio station Splash FM was also there covering it, the grand prize is £30,000 for the person that beats the record, as yet I don't think it's been done but last year someone came within a whisper of doing it. Yesterday, quite a few celebrities were also making the scary jump.

This kind of put the cat Show in the shadow a little and the public attendance was not as great as it usually is, however, not to be disappointed we have £300 and we still have our calendars that are selling really well and the Acacia House and Limited Edition Print of "Cheetah on a Log" raffle numbers that we have been selling and still continue to do so, we also have another show booked for 3rd October in Kent, this is a Huge show, so fingers crosssed for that one as well.

We have spread the word about Rekero through specially printed flyers for the day, all exhibitors there with their cats ( they come from far and wide to attend the show) were given a flyer and they were also available to the public. The Worthing Branch of the Cats Protection were at the show and they very kindly offered to take some flyers for their shop to put on display to help promote the Rekero CCF, what kind ladies they were.

It was a long day, an early start for me but a silly start for SM & TT with a long drive home but we had a good day, it's given us some more ideas for our next show in October and we have some lovely pictures of our stand that we will post when they are downloaded off SM's camera.

One nice thing that came out of the show is that the professional photographer at the show with an interest in African Wildlife has offered to help at future fundraising events, he has some amazing photographs and I am sure we will be calling on him later in the year.

Thanks for all your support over the last few weeks as they have been extremely busy for us, it really has been appreciated, the fundraising and events continue, with more being discussed for this year which we will keep you all posted about and we will let you all know the grand total about October time.

Remember to get your calendars and raffle numbers if you would like to support Rekero CCF.

Thanks Everyone

littlewid & SM
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:10 am

Well done Littlewid and SM - great news for Rekero CCF. It's always hard where there are other events on at the same time, but it's brilliant that you made £300.

Here's hoping the next show in October is another huge success. Really looking forward to seeing the photos.

How did Legend do in his class?

Lai Very Happy
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs on Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:08 am

Fabulous work all of you, well done
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:29 pm

Well done Guys You've worked so hard over the last few weeks to make it a success for Rekero CCF, Lets hope October goes really well, and you raise loads more money. Great news about the photographer, and the Ladies from the Cats Protection
WS
whitestarling
Admin

http://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden on Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:19 am

Its now 1.15am and Im shutting down after working on AFs new website. Here are the photos on the gallery I have just uploaded.

SM
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:53 am

Well done SM - you and Littlewid are Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven for all the work you do for Assisi - great to see the stand at the cat show cat

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs on Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:09 am

Like a Star @ heaven That looks an amazing stand ladies - lot of time and effort has gone into that, well done again Like a Star @ heaven
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:28 pm

Thanks SM, and LW for the really fantastic Desk Diarys got them today, and they are really good. They will make brilliant Xmas pressies, and they dont take up loads of room on a desk or unit, you can see the date, and still look at the pics, and dream of Africa

WS
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:30 pm

Hello Everyone Very Happy

Well Sunday was another mega early start, I was out of bed at 3.30am Sunday morning to be at my sister at just gone 5.30 for that mega drive What a Face to Edenbridge and what a wet and windy drive it was affraid and I don't think it was much better for SM and TT from their direction either.

Sadly, although the show in itself was a success and we all had a good time, the weather was rather foul and kept a huge number of people away from the event, however, our stall......sadly no pictures this time as numpty here forgot her camera Embarassed .....was the busiest stall of the day and I believe we were the only ones to make a profit bounce we decided that instead of pricing our goods and we had a lot of lovely cat stuff this time as well that was donated to us, we would let the punters tell us what they wanted to pay for things and it was a really fun way of selling our goods and making money for Rekero......I am wondering if the other stall holders may now take a leaf out of our book and try the same to raise their profits.

All in all, we had a fun day, we found a new selling technique that worked, we made a profit, not as big as last times but the attendence was What a Face due to the dreadful weather and we are now planning our next event......this will be different though, we have learnt that your profit margin is greater if you actually hold the event and not just have a stall, so SM and I are now planning our first event that we will run and earn a bigger profit margin from. We will keep you informed as to what and when as soon as it's finalised. In the mean time, sorry there are no pics (had a disaster before I left for the show and my brain was definiately out to lunch, so sorry guy's) of the stall but it did look good......honest.
We are still selling raffle tickets and calenders so we will let you know the grand total at the end of October Very Happy
littlewid-x-
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:07 am

Well done both of you - sounds like lots of hard work and what a shame about the weather.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs on Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:16 am

Well done ladies, a lot of hard work that you have been rewarded for, fantastic :cheers:
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden on Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:20 am

Just to let everyone know, the winner of the Chocolate Quiz Sheet which ended 30th Setpember 2010 is:

Mrs Pearson, Northants.

Well Done.

SM
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:39 pm

Well done to Mrs Pearson - i enjoyed that quiz SM (although it was quite tempting to go and try them all) pig

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:06 pm

Well done Guys considering the weather I think you did brilliant. A bit of haggleing is always good it holds people interest. Another good one if you only have one item thats really good is closed bids with the highest winning at the end. You can also hold a timed Auction where you wrap the prize up so people cant tell what it is, you can make it any size then set an alarm for anything up to a few minutes. The punters then throw 20p or 50p into a box, and the last one to throw when the alarm goes off wins. You do need a reasonable number of people to do it though. I once spent £3-00 and won a house brick affraid lol!
WS
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs on Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:09 pm

Got an email through today saying the following :-

"Great news - between July and September, supporters of Assisi Fundraising raised £49.59 by shopping with easyfundraising, so thank you and well done!

In total, our members raised £187,854.63 - a pretty amazing amount for just three months of shopping! We'll be sending Assisi Fundraising their cheque very soon.

Have you started your Christmas shopping yet? Do it with easyfundraising - it won't cost you a penny more plus you'll save time and money by avoiding the queues and taking advantage of our great discount codes.

And of course everything you buy will raise money for Assisi Fundraising so the next cheque they receive will be even bigger!"

Great news all, well done cheers

Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:50 pm

Thanks for posting that Doogs Very Happy SM and I have decided that the cheque will be added to the money we are raising for Rekero Conservation Trust

Keep shopping through Easyfundraising guys and also searching on Easysearch, every penny counts as just proved Very Happy

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:26 pm

Thats fantastic well done while your trying to think of gifts Guys dont forget the Desk Calanders from SM & LW I bought two, and they really are great gifts for Xmas
WS
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:55 pm

HI Guy's

Apologies for the long wait but we have been trying to pin the guys from Rekero down, they have all been busy and in and out of Kenya on their travels but at long last we have a winner of the rekero raffle. I just need to sort a little detail with Gerard and then I will post the winner.
Again I am sorry it has taken a while but we wanted the winning numbers to be chosen by the guys at Rekero, it was only fitting that they picked the numbers and not SM or myself.
Will be back later or tomorrow to reveal the winner

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:19 pm

how exciting Littlewid - can't wait to hear who has won

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs on Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:22 am