Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RHS Tatton flower show

4 posters

Go down

RHS Tatton flower show Empty RHS Tatton flower show

Post  Laikipia Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:22 pm

Just a few taken on my mobile.

Now these are some seriously good Sweet Peas
RHS Tatton flower show 2013-016

A vast display of stunning veg - couldn't get the whole stand in.  They won a Gold.
RHS Tatton flower show 2013-017

A whole stand of gorgeous bright coloured Gladioli but I loved this more subtle display of colour
RHS Tatton flower show 2013-018

On that same veggie display were these - never seen purple cauliflower before What a Face 
RHS Tatton flower show 2013-019

More to follow.

Lai flower 
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

RHS Tatton flower show Empty Re: RHS Tatton flower show

Post  Laikipia Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:48 pm

Inside another marquee they had a display from the 1920's through to the 2000's.

The 60's - 70's was particularly fun my mum and I thought.

The rug and the chair cover are all made from flowers, masses of orchid flowers in the chair cover.  Can you imagine how long it must have taken them to do this?
RHS Tatton flower show 2013-022

RHS Tatton flower show 2013-023

The galaxy
RHS Tatton flower show 2013-024

I gave up taking photos after this it was getting busy!

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:12 pm

WOW WOW WOW WOW  those are magnificent photo's Lai. The Sweet Peas are spectacular and so gives us all something to aim for........my tongue is in my cheek there as I will never get Sweet Peas to look that good flower 

The 60 - 70's pic is just brilliant, so clever and I love the chair cover and rug, it must have really been something to see.

Gladioli are gorgeous flowers aren't they, I love them and thats a lovely picture.

Oh yes Purple Cauliflower, I have had it before and the other week I brought an orange one. When you cook them the water turns that colour, it still tastes the same as ordinary cauliflower except it still has a tinge of colour when it's cooked.
That is an amazing display of veg though isn't it and it all looks too good to eat.

The Galaxy is quite dreamy isn't it and so pretty as well.

I bet you and your mum had a spectacular day and I should imagine the place smelt gorgeous as well. What did you buy this year for your garden?

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:51 am

Thanks Littlewid,  I must keep an eye out for different coloured caulis now.  We grow quite a lot of veg but I've never tried caulis, so one to try next year maybe.

I agree re the sweet peas but I couldn't resist getting a photo of them - so we can all dream cheers 

Actually we didn't buy anything What a Face  What a Face  What a Face  hard to believe but my mum gets tried out quite quickly so I didn't want to drag her round too much.  I did see a lovely stand with willow weaving and all sort of animals, eles and giraffes and an amazing lion plus other smaller things.  They were fantastic.  Some weeks ago we bought a willow hare which we're just treating with linseed oil and turps so it can go outside.  Not sure it will go with our pond but we'll find somewhere for it.  Pic to follow once it's dried and ready to find a new home Very Happy 

The smell in the floral marquee was simply wonderful, apart from the lilies which I find totally overpowering and so can't have them in the house.  My mum is the same and instantly starts sneezing.  I guess after a few days the marquee must be totally amazing with the different scents and aromas.

Lai flower 
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:40 pm

Ah you will have to let us know if you do decide to grow the cauliflowers Lai. I am sure they grow in the same way as the white cauli's, not that I have ever grown a cauliflower Very Happy 

I suppose not buying anything does mean at least your Hippo wont have to compete with a Croc for space cheers  My mum is the same, she suffers with a bad hip so walking can be painful at times, she still does a lot but major walking about is not always good, so I can understand why you took it easy with your mum and anyway, sometimes it's just nice to poodle about and take it easy and just enjoy fully what you do see.

I am growing 3 Lillies in my garden, they have not flowered yet but they do have buds. They are a strong smell and if you have allergies and hayfever they can be a bit much but I ma hoping they add a nice smell to the garden and hopefully the Bees will like them too.

I imagine the flower tent must have smelt something like a wonderful candle shop........delicious flower 

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:04 am

RHS Tatton flower show 431638  with the new lilies Littlewid, they are beautiful but sadly it is a smell I find very overpowering so we don't have them in the house.  They will surely add a lovely smell to the garden (the best place for them according to me Very Happy )

You are right about the floral marquee it was mmmmmmmmmmmmmm lovely with all those different scents, just like a candle shop which I love spending hours mooching round, same with yummy smelling soaps flower 

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:31 pm

Looks a really fantastic show Lai. Just posted some pics of our Sweet Peas, I feel a bit Embarassed now Very Happy . WOW thats some Veg show, and really artfully laid out. Love the rug, and chair cover amazing what you can do with flowers. We have a friend who's involved with Well Dressing in Derbyshire, she's been doing it for years, and has just started this years wells.

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:42 pm

WOW what a fantastic selection and variation of both flowers and vegetables, they are fantastic Lai.  Loving the vibrant colours and the creativeness of the people who have done the displays, they are incredibly well done.  The photos are great but it must have been even better being there to see them up close, brilliant Cool Very Happy  
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:14 am

Oh yes Welling Dressing, I've heard of that, very colourful and talented I believe. It certainly was better to see everything in situ Doogs as the pics can't really do anything justice but they give a flavour of some bits of the show. I always come away thinking I must learn to arrange flowers properly Very Happy 

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:22 pm

If and when my lillies flower Lai I will post some pics.

Oooooooo if you can get some pics of the well dressing WS that would be lovely, I have never heard of that before.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down