Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Helpful Hints & Preparations for going on a Safari

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Helpful Hints & Preparations for going on a Safari

Post  Laikipia on Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:28 pm

A good book, a few films, several drunken drunken and an ipod - Sleeping

3 visits to DSWT in one day - yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees - what could be better?

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs on Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:10 pm

Great that you've got your currency AM, you're definitely good to go now

We got a slightly better rate, 141.5 KS to the £ a couple of weeks ago, hardly any difference from what you & Lai have got - the extra I got might be enough to get me an extra Dawa drunken drunken drunken

We have an overnight flight on the way back which is good. Even waiting for 3 hours in Heathrow we still get into Aberdeen at 10.30am so it's good to have the rest of the day to unpack and get things sorted.
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:49 pm

We fly out on the BA day flight so get there at 9 in the evening and then fly back on the overnight flight, we have to get the shuttle from Heathrow to Manchester but are back in time for work affraid or not Laughing

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman on Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:33 am

Anyone planning a safari to Kenya in the near future should be aware that the Kenyan Government now requires that all visitors to Kenya MUST apply for their visa on line. After Sept.1st. you will no longer be able to obtain a visa on arrival!! Not sure yet how the new system will work with photo requirements etc. but will have to find out before my return to Kenya in October. From what I have read on line it could take up to 7 days to get the visa so I would be interested to know if anybody has managed to obtain an e-visa yet.

SM
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:54 pm

Hi Safariman, I was sent an email about this too. I have tried to register on-line but no luck as yet! In the past I've either sent off in the UK for one or waited until I got to Nairobi airport, in theory this should be easier and straight forward - but no just yet as it keeps telling me to click on the link it has e-mailed to me, which of course it hasn't affraid

Perhaps it is early days and just a small glitch!

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman on Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:07 pm

Lai, I have just managed to register with eCitizen. The confirmation of my registration came into my JUNK email inbox so yours might have done the same!! All I have to do know is work out how to get the actual visa!!!! I will probably leave that for another day as I don't want to push my luck. I know you have to have to send a copy of the main page of your passport so will need to photograph it and make it suitable for uploading if I can work that out knowing my lack of computer skills.
Hopefully I will be at Offbeat Mara at the same time as you and your friend Ally in Oct. as I am trying to finalise the trip at the moment.

SM
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:15 am

SM A friend of mine has a daughter in Australia, who has done his e visa a few times, and emailed them to me to print off for him. You will receive the visa by email so keep checking your Junk Box if that is where the conformation went into, also check it in case they have any questions about your application. You ideally need to copy your passport on a scanner if you have a printer with that facility, may be a bit difficult to photo it properly, you could if you know someone you trust who has a scanner get them to do it, and then email it to you, then you could save it to pictures, and attach it to your application. When you receive the visa you will need to print it off, and keep it with your passport, and airline ticket.

WS

Admin

http://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:38 pm

Safariman, I have checked and no sign or hint of an e-mail! I will try and re-register!

That would be fun and great news if we are there at the same time Laughing

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman on Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:12 pm

I THINK I am now the proud possessor of a Kenyan evisa. Having managed to register an ecitizen account I left it a couple of days before trying for a visa. I just followed the instructions and filled in the application form. You need to be able to upload a photo of yourself, a photo or scan of your main passport page and a copy of your travel itinerary (or similar) pay the fee ( about $52 including transaction fee). I just pressed the submit button and waited; the instructions say to wait for a confirmation email to be able to download and print your visa however I waited 24 hours and checked back on my citizen account and it said the visa was ready to download and print. So I printed it, I assume it is the visa as it says so in big letters on the top. The visa was actually issued for printing less than 12 hours after I submitted the application which rather surprised me. The whole process of registration and then applying for the visa seemed very simple!!
Lai I don't understand why you are having a problem with the initial registration when I found it so simple, very strange!!

SM
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:49 pm

Good
WS

Admin

http://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:25 pm

Aha well our server decided it was junk so there it sat until I spoke to our IT people, it was so junky that it didn't even make it to my junk mail !!!  Anyway, they have forwarded it on to me and I am good to go once I bring a photo to the office tomorrow.  Well done for sorting it out Safariman, it does seem very quick though - perhaps you were the first person in the system Laughing

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:41 am

Application now submitted, sadly I see they don't do multiple entry anymore What a Face so I shall wait and see if it comes through Safariman - I'll do what you did and leave it 24 hours cheers

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman on Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:57 am

Good news Lai that you managed to find your ecitizen registration. Very strange how the computers decided that anything sent by ecitizen must be buried deep in junk!! I will be interested to see how quickly your visa application proceeds. When you log in to your ecitizen account and go to the visa section, it should show if you have a download ready which you should then be able to print off.

SM
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:22 pm

Thanks Safariman. I will check on Tuesday as I'm out of the office on Monday.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:16 am

I've also got an Evisa Safariman, it was done the very same day but I didn't check until yesterday. So all set to go now ....... can't wait.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman on Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:54 am

That's great news Lai, it is obviously a lot simpler process than everybody anticipated!!
See you at Offbeat Mara in October!!

SM
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:20 am

http://i70.servimg.c http://i70.servimg.c http://i70.servimg.c looking forward to it

Lai Very Happy
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:01 pm

Oh my goodness, how lovely that both of you will be in the same place at the same time for your safari trip, thats so exciting.....October will soon be here imagine the photos and stories we are going to get between the pair of you.......im excited already

Littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:13 am

Me too - I can't believe another 2 WAA members are going to meet up

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:37 pm

Lai it will be fantastic for you and SM. When Doogs and I met for our London Zoo visit it was amazing......it was just like we met up all the time and I'm sure it will be like that for the both of you.....its going to make your trip more exciting for both of you and im really pleased for you both and im looking forward to all the stories and pics on your return......what dates are you going from and till?

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:43 am

Ali and I are going for 7 days but only 3 at Offbeat Mara, from 18th October

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:49 pm

So where abouts are you staying for the other 4 days Lai?.......sorry im so nosey lol!

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:46 am

Sorry I should have said, my replies yesterday were a bit one liners Very Happy We're going to Ol Pejeta Bush camp, where Pete and I went this January. It's lovely and has a small stream running through it that the eles love. It has 6 tents and is very informal, delicious food, great guides and Alex who runs it and own it is a real character and a great birder which is lovely for me.

Duma our guide is the one who was with Simon King hand rearing Toki and Sambu the 2 cheetahs and he was the one who got bitten by the cheetah with rabies (and has a nasty scar on his thumb). He's an ace guide Very Happy

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:13 pm

That sounds lovely Lai, im sure you'll get some great ele pics then and how fantastic that Alex is a birder....lots more lovely bird piccies too then Very Happy
I remember you mentioning Duma before. It sounds as though your going to have a ball there and October is not far off.

Emma, Tom and I need to sit down and sort out where we want to go but some advice and recommendations from you and SM would be great Very Happy

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:26 am

Delighted to help anytime Littlewid. Once you sit down with them and decide what you are keen to see and how far you are able to travel let us know and I'm sure we'll all have some suggestions

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum