Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sir David Attenborough introduces '1001 gorillas' crowdfunding

3 posters

Go down

Sir David Attenborough introduces '1001 gorillas' crowdfunding   Empty Sir David Attenborough introduces '1001 gorillas' crowdfunding

Post  Laikipia Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:16 am

Sir David Attenborough introduces Fauna & Flora International's new crowdfunding campaign to save the mountain gorilla.

please share wherever you can.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Sir David Attenborough introduces '1001 gorillas' crowdfunding   Empty Re: Sir David Attenborough introduces '1001 gorillas' crowdfunding

Post  littlewid Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:05 pm

Thanks Lai, they are one of my all time special animals and happy to share and donate. I will sort it this evening.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sir David Attenborough introduces '1001 gorillas' crowdfunding   Empty Re: Sir David Attenborough introduces '1001 gorillas' crowdfunding

Post  Laikipia Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:28 pm

http://i73.servimg.c  Littlewid.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:54 pm

Just posted to my wall as that seemed the only option and donation made. They still need lots of money and time is passing by. Lets hope they get to their target.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:08 pm

I hope so too Littlewid. Just off to do the donation bit now, been sharing where possible.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:15 pm

Nice one Lai, im keeping my fingers crossed they reach their target, the gorillas really need it.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:39 am

I agree Littlewid. I'll email it round as well as putting it on FB and Twitter, every little bit helps cheers 

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:58 pm

Thanks so much for this Lai, like LW the Gorillas are one of my all time fav species and definitely top of my list of 'things to see'.

Donation made, there doesn't seem to be a lot raised so far which is a pity Crying or Very sad we really do have to make more of an effort to save these beautiful animals

Can I ask how you shared the link on FB, did you put this one up ??? : http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/sir-david-attenborough-help-us-save-the-mountain-gorilla

Doogs http://www.picgifs.c 
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:33 pm

I think that was it Doogs. It's on my FB wall if you want to check back.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:56 pm

I've shared it on FB via the link on your page Lai cheers 
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:57 pm

Sir David Attenborough introduces '1001 gorillas' crowdfunding   768480  Doogs. I am so not a techie I do what I think is right and probably only share it with myself Sir David Attenborough introduces '1001 gorillas' crowdfunding   615959  I am better on Twitter Laughing 

thanks for sharing it Doogs, hopefully they will raise awareness and £££s

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:29 pm

You're welcome Lai and here's hoping more £££ can be raised Sir David Attenborough introduces '1001 gorillas' crowdfunding   431638 
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:14 pm

Email in re this campaign :-

Thank you once again for contributing to our 1,001 gorillas Crowdfunding campaign through Indiegogo.

The campaign has come to a close, and I’m sure you’ve realised from the weekly campaign updates that it’s been quite a busy few weeks – we’re delighted that nearly 600 individuals responded to the plea from ourselves and Sir David Attenborough to help save the mountain gorilla. Thanks to your support we’ve raised over £28,800 – I can’t tell you how much good work this will enable in the field. When we set out on this campaign we wanted to raise enough support to help us in our goal of ensuring there are over 1,000 mountain gorillas in the wild by 2018 – the support that you and your fellow contributors have shown through this campaign will help us to achieve this.

Shame they couldn't have raised more money  Crying or Very sad  but something is better than nothing  cheers 
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:40 pm

I Agree  Doogs. Sadly just at the moment there are so many appeals for money for so many charities. I am thrilled they raised £28,000 and I am sure it will help enormously.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:53 pm

Team seem pleased with the amount raised, further update  cheers   :-

Dear All,

As you know, the '1001 gorillas' crowdfunding campaign drew to a close on Saturday. Between us we raised a total of £28,883 to help ensure a more certain future for the Critically Endangered mountain gorilla. You may remember that we had originally set out to raise a larger sum than this. However, we wanted to let you know that the campaign team are very pleased with the final result. Here's why:

- £28,883 will go a long way in Rwanda, DRC and Uganda to protect mountain gorillas, their habitat and support the communities that rely  on the gorillas for deriving sustainable income

- you are one of nearly 600 amazing people who supported the campaign and who we would love to keep in contact with

- contributions flowed from 27 different countries

- many thousands of people heard the story of mountain gorilla conservation and the challenges that mountain gorillas still face today

- we received a huge amount of support and goodwill for the campaign from people all around the world on social media channels, including some very high profile celebrities

- we learned a lot about crowdfunding that we can share with others looking to use it as a tool for helping to conserve threatened species and habitats

- we remain committed to finding additional funds to support this vital work

Do keep an eye out for the next phase of Fauna & Flora International (FFI) and the International Gorilla Conservation Programme's (IGCP's) '1001 gorillas' campaign in 2014.

In the meantime, on behalf of the campaign team and all of us at FFI and IGCP we offer our most sincere thanks, once again, for supporting mountain gorilla conservation. We're one step closer to ensuring a long-term future for these amazing animals in the wild and the tens of thousands of local people who benefit from their survival.

With warmest regards and best holiday wishes,
The campaign team

P.S. The team is working hard to ensure we get any perks you claimed out to you as quickly as possible. Some are in the post already. We'll keep in touch with everyone to let you know when you can expect them to arrive.
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:19 pm

cheers  Brilliant news, I had that e-mail too Doogs. I'm looking forward to receiving my signed DA book  Very Happy 

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:41 pm

I got my email yesterday as well. It is a shame not more money was raised but that is still a nice amount of money and its been lovely to have been a part of it.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:50 pm

I Agree LW
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down