Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tiger Pictures for Littlewid

5 posters

Go down

Tiger Pictures for Littlewid Empty Tiger Pictures for Littlewid

Post  WMTravellers Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:29 pm

Hi Littlewid,

As promised a few wild tiger pictures for you from our India trip Very Happy

We visited India back in 2009 our trip involved time in Pench, Kanha, Bandhavgarh & Panna National Parks.

We started our trip in Pench (its wildlife is said to be the inspiration for Jungle Book), we saw lots of wildlife but no tigers during our visit. We moved onto Kanha (my favourite Indian National Park), where on our first morning we saw a Sloth Bear, the bear was right next to our vehicle and as I was videoing the bear I told my husband not to bother taking any pictures (the sun was only just rising and the lighting was very poor)... as the bear moved away into the bamboo and out of sight I looked down to the camera and released I hadn't pressed record!!! I was gutted... fortunately, within about 30 minutes this was virtually forgotten when we heard that a tiger had been spotted. We happened to be driving along the track as the Mahouts appeared and we got our first sighting of a real wild tiger!

Here's the video:

And here is a picture of him  Very Happy

Tiger Pictures for Littlewid 22610

I loved Kanha because it has so many different animals, as well as the sloth bears & tigers, we saw wild dogs, gaur, different types of monkeys, different types of deer, so many birds and a leopard! Its a large park so you can get away from other jeeps quite easily and experience the wildlife in peace.

Here is another shot of a tiger in Kanha...

Tiger Pictures for Littlewid 22510

After Kanha we moved to Banhavgarh where we saw several tigers including these two brothers...

Tiger Pictures for Littlewid B0004510

Bandhavgarh, was very different from Kanha (much busier) but we did get an amazing experience when we spent 20 minutes riding on the back of an elephant following a tiger through areas that a safari vehicle could only dream of going!

We finished our national park tour in Panna, where they had lost their tigers due to poaching. Controversially they had recently transferred two females to the park, but other than their pugmarks we did not see them. But we did see an amazing array of birds and other wildlife including another sloth bear that ran across the road in front of us (no pictures again!)

The trip really was magical!
WMTravellers
WMTravellers

http://www.wmtravellers.com/

Back to top Go down

Tiger Pictures for Littlewid Empty Re: Tiger Pictures for Littlewid

Post  Doogs Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:51 pm

Thanks very much Liz for your 'tiger' account, interesting reading.

How lovely you got to see some Sloth Bears, Wild Dogs etc etc and a wide array of birds. But how totally wonderful you did get to see the elusive tigers. Your photos are brilliant and I especially like the closae up of the one taken in Kanha cheers

LW will love these Tiger Pictures for Littlewid 768480
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  WMTravellers Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:04 am

Thanks Doogs, it was an amazing trip. There was so much wildlife to watch & photograph there was never a dull moment. And after we saw the first tiger (I of course cried) I was able to relax and enjoy it all. Until then I was so worried we might have spent all that money and come away with no orange stripes to show for it! We met many people that were on their second and third trips having not seen any tigers on their previous trips. That's why we spent four nights in both Kanha & Bandhavgarh giving us a good chance to be lucky!
WMTravellers
WMTravellers

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:45 pm

Don't worry about Sad that's what us girlies do - I did exactly the same in the Mara last year when we saw Olive's daughter Saba - it was the first time I had seen her and it was my first visit after her wonderful mum had died only a few months earlier, I was rather emotional to say the least !!!

You were lucky, there are many people who pay a lot of money to see the tigers and dont No 10 out of 10 to some of them coming back 2or 3 times to try and see them, must have cost them a fortune !!! affraid pale
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:56 pm

Oh yes brilliant photos cheers , and video. The Tiger is also my favourite big cat, I just love the power, and majesty they exude. To be honest I don't think I would have got any photos at all, I would have been shaking with excitement to much at seeing them. Shame you didn't get any shots of the Sloth Bear, but he's in your memories, and thats a good place. It looks, and sounds as though you had a wonderful trip, thanks for sharing your photos, and experiences with us WMT
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:32 pm

http://i77.servimg.c Ooooooo Laaaaa Laaaaaa how special are those pictures, they just reinforce why Tigers are my favourite big cat. You really are a good photographer aren't you WMT.........when you have the camera going Tiger Pictures for Littlewid 40683 The size of those paws in the first picture are amazing and he is so handsome isn't it. The portrait photo is spectacular and the one of the two brothers is brilliant, I love the way he appears to be looking at you, what a shot!!!!!
You could hear and feel the excitement in the video of the appearance of the Tiger, the cameras clicking had me smiling, I would have been just as excited, squealing with delight.......what an experience for you, just magical.

Isn't it a shame that Tigers are having to be imported to make up for the loss of Tigers. I so wish there was more respect for Tigers and an honest understanding that a dead Tiger can do nothing for you, they deserve so much more.

I have a happy picture of you sitting a top an elephant watching Tigers......how cool is that......I may be a tad alien with envy........but happy for you at the same time.

I am one happy girl this evening Tiger Pictures for Littlewid 853843 and really grateful for you posting these pictures and stories. It's a shame you missed capturing the Sloth Bear but at least you saw two of them and you have that memory forever. I think they are lovely bears.......so if you go again.......please press record Tiger Pictures for Littlewid 768480

Thanks once again WMT.......i'm still smiling Laughing

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WMTravellers Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:59 pm

So glad I could brighten your day. It's really nice to be able to share some of our experiences with people who appreciate how special these animals are Very Happy

We are just about to book a trip to Sri Lanka for next March... hopefully I will be able to make up for my Indian Sloth Bear mistake if we manage to see a Sri Lankan one!
WMTravellers
WMTravellers

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:38 pm

http://i73.servimg.c WMT what wonderful photos and a great clip. Lucky you to have seen tigers, they are just magnificent.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  WMTravellers Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:48 pm

Thanks Lai, we were very lucky with our sightings and it's a trip we certainly won't forget Very Happy
WMTravellers
WMTravellers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down