Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

+3
Doogs
Cremecat
Safariman
7 posters

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 Empty Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  whitestarling Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:43 pm

Had a bad fall few days ago, taken a lot of skin off my hands and fingers, to painful to type back ASAP

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:31 pm

Good morning everyone

Group Hug  WS - I hope you're okay and nothing broken, sounds like a bad fall and you need to look after yourself.  It's slippery out there for sure with all the leaves and fallen branches.  I am sure Mrs S is looking after you and the plus is you won't have to wash up for weeks Very Happy

That's sounds fascinating Littlewid, amazing what goes into training these dogs and how great to hear it all first hand and to meet Vinnie.

Bakewell breadmaking was fun, I have lots of croissant, focaccia and rye bread in our freezer now.  All quite delicious though I say so my self http://i70.servimg.c

I am just soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sad that Jeremy Vine was voted off Strictly - my mum and I love him and Blackpool just won't be the same without him - what a DIS-ASSSSTER dahhhhhhhhhhhhling

Catch up later - lots to do just now.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:12 am

Sorry to hear about your fall WS not the best time of year for it to happen with the weather turning distinctly wintry. Hope you will soon be able to put fingers to keyboard. Did it mean you were unable to lift your glass of Boddingtons or did you manage to struggle through the pain barrier!!

Pleased you enjoyed your bread making Lai. You and Pete will be able to become self-sufficient, no more supermarket ready sliced.

Not a great fan of the cold weather but at least no snow where I am although heavy frosts. Roll on next summer!!

Have a good week everyone.

SM
Safariman
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:37 pm

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 40683 Safariman, I am sure WS is still able to lift his Boddy's - he'll need it whilst he's watching Strictly Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 853843

It's officially winter by now surely? It's much colder and we've had a couple of minor frosts. I'm with you Safariman, spring and summer for me too.

To be honest I don't eat a lot of bread anyway but home made is delicious for sure, so far I'm eating my way through it all Bump

Have a good weekend everyone.

Lai Very Happy
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:11 pm

Hello it seems everyone is silent silent silent so I'm off too What a Face hope you're all okay anyway.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:02 pm

Hello Lai Very Happy
I am still here....I was around whilst you were away and the it went hectic.....I have
Just updated my phone and with it I got a tablet that you can phone and text from, its blue toothed in fact it has everything your phone and pc has and it has speedy internet connection which has always been a pain at work and we are not allowed to use sites at work.
It has taken me ages to load up everything with everything I use at home. My plan is I can now get on at work when I have a lunch break which I now make sure I have.
I tried at lunch today but because the site is new to it I log on automatically so iveihad to wait until I got home to find my password but now in couldntitsill be off and running at work during my lunch bounce this will be great as I cant always get on during the evening so this should help.
Catch up later off to walk Nero
littlewid -x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:08 pm

Mmmm it jump about a bit when you make corrections so sorry for that jumpy post...live and learn Laughing

littlewid -x-

I see what it does it builds a dictionary as you go along...could start my own language lol!
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:48 pm

Sad Sorry Lai hands and fingers are still extremely sore from my fall, lots of bits have no skin just bare flesh. Think I have more plastic skin on them than real flesh. Sorry to leave you on your own so long, will try to catch up as much as possible in bits

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:55 pm

Not a problem WS - you take care of yourself, no skin is really painful, especially on hands and fingers which you need to use so much. Hope you are gradually mending Group Hug

Ha ha Littlewid I am laughing about building a dictionary after my text yesterday with funny words which weren't supposed to be there! I have never tried accessing WAA from my mobile or tablet as I know it would all go peared shaped for sure scratch

Another wet and grey day, anyone remember when summer time beings again lol!

Lai cheers
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:31 pm

Thanks Lai for your understanding appreciated, and I do value the effort you've put in to WAA.
I have posted from Mrs's tablet the biggest problem is the predictive text, unless you check it comes up with a different word that you intend.
Hmmm remember Summer scratch that's the trouble with hitting 70. short term memory loss lol!

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:07 pm

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 40683 WS - I am sure we had a few nice days back in April or was it June? Just now it's wet again and dark so early, I feel like hibernating for 4 months!

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:23 pm

I must agree with you about the short term memory loss WS when you hit 70; I just refer to it as a senior moment!!

Sorry to hear you are still struggling with the fingers WS; another problem of getting older is everything takes a lot longer to heal that's if you can remember what is trying to heal!!

Predictive text is a mystery to me almost as much as mobile phones which I try and keep away from. Mine is permanently turned off . If I have to text I still write it out in full with punctuation etc.much to everybodies amusement.

Weather is dark, dank and miserable here. Definitely agree with the hibernating idea Lai but I would be afraid I might never wake up which would be a nuisance!!

SM
Safariman
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:08 pm

Have you  got a video of those few days as proof Lai Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 40683 . I'm not sue how the painkillers remember where to go to SM, and I also text without shortening words, and use punctuation, can't help it Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 40683 It's just over a week since I fell, and am gradually improving, but I have now got more scabs than Arthur Scargal had in the last miners strike lol! Weathers not been to bad today dull, but mild, and dry

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:12 pm

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 40683 Safariman and WS I see you are both on sparkling form with the wit and humour lol!

I love my mobile but I prefer to use proper words and punctuation rather than textise which takes just as long to read as you have to understand it. The only one I can do is GR8 so why not type great it's just as easy cheers

Have a GR8 weekend everyone ROFL

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:01 pm

It maybe quiet but at least the three of us can have a giggle Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 40683

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:59 am

lol! WS - that's true.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:36 pm

WOW don't know what its like where you Guys are but the winds terrible here, we have 60/70 mph gales and it seems worse than that thought the front door was going to be blown in a bit ago. Hope its better where you are. Watching the phone lines it looks like there a troop of Orangatans bouncing on them hope they hold up

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:59 am

affraid WS - I hope you and Mrs S are okay? We didn't have it so bad here Shocked windy and wet but better this side of the hills!

Take care out there - it's sooooooooooooooo wet there's no where for the water to go.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:11 pm

Thanks Lai
Glad to say the weather has quietened down today at least. Couldn't resist putting this one on.

HOW CATS AND DOGS THINK DIFFERENTLY

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 Cats10

ws
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:06 am

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 40683 That just about sums it up.

Good one for today WS.

Lai Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 768480
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:52 pm

Well we went your side of the hills today Lai, and I must say the weather was much better. We had 1min 34secs of sunshine lol! We took a friend to Manchester airport, he' staying in Spain for 3 months lucky spud

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:16 am

What a Face  WS - I must have blinked and missed it Laughing   I am little alien  with envy, 3 months in Spain in the sunny  sounds very appealing.

We're off to Iceland tomorrow (not the shop) for 4 nights to try and see and photograph the Northern Lights.  I guess it may be a little Snowing Frosty Tongue Earmuffs Snowmas  but we can't wait.  We live in a trailer for 3 nights and travel round so a completely new adventure http://i70.servimg.c

So have a great weekend everyone and catch up after Thursday.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:46 am

Good job you said not the shop, I was going to ask you to get me some fish fingers lol! .
Have a great time in Iceland it would be fantastic if you could get a photo of the Northern Lights, oh, and one of santa if you bump into him Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 40683 Hope its not to Snowing for you. You do like doing the extremes from farao to rendeer lol!
Have a great time both of you.

I shall now go into Hermit mode till next Thursday lol

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:49 pm

Hello everyone - affraid You did have to go into hermit mode WS.  Where on earth is everyone?

Sadly as you saw from my FB post we had the worst storm in 25 years hit Iceland and the roads and airport closed!  We got there on Sunday to join the others on Monday as there aren't daily flights from Manchester.  They arrived just in time before Iceland ground to a halt but we all had to stay in another hotel just before close down of roads etc.  Northern Lights ha ha ha ha - mmmm you need clear skies!!!!  I shall say no more it was deeply disappointing and the trailer was awful you couldn't turn round and Pete and I couldn't fit in at the same time unless one of us was actually on the bed.  Landscape photography is not for me but I will post a couple once I've looked at them.

Hope everyone is okay?

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:16 pm

http://www.picgifs.c back. WOW Someone to http://i77.servimg.c to.
Sorry you and Pete had such a bad time Lia, that must have been so disappointing for you both, bad enough for everything to be closed down, but extra bad with the trailer being so uncomfortable. We had the same storm Desmond here, and it was bad one gust 86mph, we didn't go through the door last Saturday, but you got it head on there.

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next