Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  Laikipia on Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:34 am

Good morning everyone

I agree about the car and the MOT so have left Tom with that thought Very Happy he's just sorting out the visa at the moment so all looking good. Tom is 24 and very laid back!

WOW Times flies by, I can't believe the Ad/Mobile is out again WS. Let's hope the weather improves and you have some good days. Don't forget your camera cheers

It's raining again today which is a shame after 2 really cold but sunny days. Roll on Friday We're off to Taz and then Kenya WS and not back until 6th March, a long break this time

No daffs or lambs here yet but must be coming soon Sheep Sheep Sheep

Have a good day

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:30 am

We've had a couple of really wet miserable days, but its nice, and sunny today although back to wind, and rain again tomorrow Mad Yes its soon comes round again Lai, camera batteries on charge WOW away till the 6th March that's a nice long break for you, I'd suggest you take one of those big bars of soap cos being away that long your suitcase is going to have to be full of memory sticks no romm for spare clothes, down to the river and rocks for you ROFL

I'm feeling really good now LW better than I have for a while actually I think I had the mout throat infection for a long time, and that was also affecting my breathing, haven't had to use my foxair inhaler for ages now, and just using the venitlin a couple of times a day, so alls well.

WS

Admin

http://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:27 pm

You are so right WS. Very few clothes and lots of kit Laughing we're all friends cheers

Good to know you are okay and feeling better WS.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:02 pm

Helloooooo Very Happy

Hopefully back later but I needed to come on now to wish you a really happy trip Lai Very Happy I hope you have a wonderful time....as WS says, that's a nice long holiday and I bet you can't wait for tomorrow to come now bounce .....after WSs comment I now have the vision of you in your safari gear with a huge bar of soap in your hand and a case bulging at the seams with all the memory sticks lol! ....don't forget a towel to wrap round yourself whilst your washing those cloths in the river affraid
Have a brilliant time, safe trip there and a safe journey back and look forward to hearing all the news on your return Group Hug

I'm so pleased you are feeling so much better WS......music to my ears you are probably right, things can build up over a period of time and then bang....lets hope you now stay nice and well and don't knock yourself out with the Ad/Mobile......i'm really chuffed you are so much better http://i70.servimg.c

Right off to sort my tea and hopefully i'll be back later with some posts.

See Yaaaaaa

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:54 am

Thanks Littlewid and good morning everyone  the sun is shining and we're packed and good to go.  We've got 23 kgs of weight this time which is a luxury and means a few more clothes and all the camera kit and my favourite item of all my Bird book Very Happy

A couple of our friends are flying out right now on the day flight from Heathrow but we're flying overnight from Amsterdam so off to Manchester shortly and then a 4 hour wait.  Worth it as last time we did a faster connection and my suitcase stayed in Amsterdam affraid

Anyway must fly lol!  take care of yourselves Littlewid and WS and no overdoing it for either of you.

I'll be back to full http://i77.servimg.c http://i77.servimg.c  on Monday 7th March.

Lai Group Hug
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:05 am

Sorry if I've missed you. I hope you have a safe great trip see you on the 7th

WS

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:06 pm

Well it's been cold and drizzly here, but........it's the weekend http://i70.servimg.c .......hope everyone is having a good weekend...wherever you are in the world Very Happy

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:14 am

Same here LW, although it's sunny this morning. Hope your having a good weekend too
WS

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:34 pm

Yep, good weekend so far WS....off to walk Nero in a while....it's going to be a cold drizzly one today Rain

How's everyone else who's looking in ?.......hope your ok........Guests are allowed to post, so please feel free to join in........we'd love to say Hellooooo

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman on Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:59 pm

Just a quick post to say I am back from my trip to India. Had a great time and saw some fantastic sights in Delhi and Agra. The only downside being the awful pollution that hangs over both cities making the air quality somewhat less than perfect. It definitely would not do WS any good with his chest problems.

Managed to take lots of photos, about 2200 including video clips so I am now slowly trying to sort and edit them which will keep me busy for a while.
Have managed to catch up with the essentials that need doing after a holiday such as shopping and washing and have just completed all the ironing thank goodness!! Although I am still trying to catch up with the time difference of five and half hours which is playing havoc with my sleep.

I did have one slight lapse while I was away when I was persuaded against my better judgement by my guide Shankar to have a "Diana moment" at the Taj Mahal!!

I will post some more photos in the camera club section as I edit them.

Hoping everyone is well and keeping healthy.

SM
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:21 am

http://www.picgifs.c back Safariman

It sounds that you had a good time in India which is lovely to hear. I'm looking forward to seeing some of those 2200 photo's Very Happy but for starters i'm loving the Taj Mahal moment ...... it's a great picture and your guide was right to persuade you.......you would probably have kicked yourself if you hadn't done it.

I must admit, your time away seems to have gone quite quick....I hope it didn't feel like that for you. I'm pleased you enjoyed India and look forward to hearing all about it with pics and video's too.

Good to have you back Safariman bounce

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:26 am

http://www.picgifs.c Back Safariman sounds as though you've had a great trip, and your right that smog certainly wouldn't do me any good, so I'll have to make do with seeing your photos which I'm sure will be a pleasure to see knowing your usual standards. Great shot of the Tal Mahal, but I don't think you've quite got that Diana look if you don't mind me saying lol! .
Looking forward to seeing some more photos, and vids soon, but it sounds like you could do with a holiday after all the work you've done since you got back

WS

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:35 pm

I can't believe its the weekend again........where did that week go affraid ......the Easter Bunnies will soon be arriving http://www.picgifs.c http://i77.servimg.c Very Happy

Well at least for the last few days the rain has stayed away and we have had some gorgeous sunny even if it has been very chilly.....i'd rather that than lots of soggy weather and a soggy dog after our walks wagging tail

Hows everyone doing? keeping well I hope and having a good weekend .

The site is playing around at the moment so I am wondering if there is some work being done behind the scenes so to speak....hope it doesn't spoil your enjoyment. I'm sure it will be back to speed later.

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:24 am

It seems ok now LW probably forumotion doing to tweaks.
As you say WOW where did that week go, the older you get the faster it goes as I'm sure SM will confirm. We've had some nice weather too. My first day back driving the Add/Mobile today lots of little baby lambs in the fields now, and people, and children on the beach's it was lovely to see. Great you, and Nero are getting home nice, and dry LW enjoy the rest of the weekend

WS

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman on Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:54 pm

Very true WS that's why I am glad of the extra day this year!!

It looks as if March is going to be rather cold after the mild winter which I am not looking forward to. I am definitely a warm weather person.

I have posted some photos of my recent trip to India on Camera Club thread. Very little wildlife but some fun photos!!

SM
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:55 am

We had our first snow on Friday affraid around 2 1/2" roads, and fields covered, yet around 2 miles down the main road we use not a flake just shows the difference with living just above the snow line. It is only a 10min drive from here to the coast, but there's always a 2 deg difference in temp. Hope everyone's kept safe, and warm

WS

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:19 pm

affraid SNOW Snowing .....we've had it very cold and frosty but no snow......saying that though we did have large hailstones last Wednesday....luckily I was in the car Very Happy ....I did wonder if you would get some snow WS, you are usually the first, I think they say it may move south.......I think it can stay where it is

All the spring flowers are blooming and also the blossom on the trees. It's a lovely sunny evening here and just had a nice walk with Nero Scottie

Been a tad busy with work just lately and busy weekend with my sister and bro in laws wedding anniversary, then mothers day yesterday, had a lovely day with my mum and also saw my sister and today my bro in law reached 60

On Wednesday last week I started a 6 week yoga course. Emma is teaching and I must say, she is really rather good. It was odd at first being taught by your neice but it was just so fantastic, I love it and will take it up on a regular basis after the course. It's nice for Nero too, he went to Emma the Wednesday before for the day and took Kian to school and then down the beach and then back to get Kian after school and then I picked him up but last Wednesday he was there for the whole day and the evening as I went to Emma straight from work, had tea and then we went off to yoga. He is going there every Wednesday and will continue to do so after the course has finished. He gets loads of exercise and Emma has a dog for the day, so good all round. It does mean that I wont be on here on a Wednesday for sure but will be here on other odd days.

I hope everyone is ok and like WS said, keeping warm and safe.

Have a lovely evening and a good week ahead.

littlewid-x- Very Happy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:02 am

Good morning everyone. We're back Very Happy arrived Sunday morning to find snow affraid after mid 30s it was a horrible shock What a Face

Lots of catching up so just popped in to say hello. I've only 950 photos to sort through so will be doing that at the weekend

Safariman I love your Diana moment (we've all done it) lol! and will catch up with your India thread later this week. I agree about the conditions in India not good for people with any chest problems.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:15 am

http://www.picgifs.c Lai, hope you've both had a great time. I bet that was a real reality check temperature wise when you got back (now where did I put my thermals) lol! . Only 950 pics you've been a meany this time . Looking forward to seeing them when you've caught up, and have time

WS

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman on Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:44 pm

Welcome back Lai, hope you had a great time in Tanz and Kenya although only 950 photos seems rather miserly for you. I guess you are going for quality rather than quantity which is something I must learn to do before I completely fill my computer hard drive even if it is an external one!! The change in temp. would definitely be a shock, although I had left the heating on while I was away it was immediately turned up high on my return.

Look forward to seeing your pics when you have a chance to sort them although I just noticed when uploading a photo that the upload format has slightly changed although it seemed to work ok.

SM
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:55 am

Thanks WS and Safariman. Yes I do seem to have been a bit tight on the photos this time. I can't say it was quality over quantity though - just me taking time to enjoy what I saw and not from behind the camera for a change!

I'll be going through them all this weekend and am looking forward to reliving some of our experiences.

Top of the list was meeting Ringo a 4 1/2 month old orphaned White Rhino at Ol Pej and of course Sudan the very last remaining male Northern White Rhino - a privilege to spend time with such a magnificent gentle boy - and so tragic he is the very last of his kind Sad

Thanks for the heads up on the upload Safariman - I can still get it to work!

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:57 am

Sorry I've been quiet. I've got Phlebitus in my left leg, and the pain is affraid never realised it could be as painful as this. I have to sit with my leg elevated most of the time, and my laptop wont balance on my knee, so it's really difficult to use it, and type, so will catch up as soon as its more comfortable

WS

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:18 am

Group Hug WS - that's sounds horrible, poor you. I haven't heard of it but take care and rest and don't worry about posting, you need to recover. I am sure Mrs S is doing sterling work bringing you your Boddy's

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:24 am

Thanks Lai bit easier today had it since a week last Tuesda Boddies supply is all in order lol!

WS

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safariman on Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:23 pm

Sorry to hear of your continuing health problems WS, you seem to be having a bad year. Hope you get back to normal soon. Sadly it is a problem of getting older, everything takes a lot longer to right itself.

Have a great Easter everyone and lets hope for some decent spring weather!!

SM
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum