Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Animals Asia

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Animals Asia

Post  whitestarling on Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:55 am

Thanks for the updates Lai. It's good to know that they are working with groups in China to change the mind set of people towards animals, and Dogs. I really think this is the only way forward, to change the thinking especialy with young people. It may take a long time, but at least it's a long term solution. As these young people grow up, and take over from older people who are ingrained in the old ways of life, culture towards animals. It may be sadly to long for animals like the Tiger, Rhino, and Elephant, but at least its a start in the right direction, and will help animals in the future.
Love the photos of Yan with her Cat, especialy where the Cat is peeping from the Bed. Muppet sounds a handful, but also a bundle of fun, he has the same name Mrs S gave to a cat she rescued on the Holiday Home Park where she works, he was a tom, and had that air of independance, he owned you, you did'nt own him.
WS

Admin

http://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Healing without Harm

Post  Laikipia on Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:18 pm

Joint event with David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation at the Royal Geographical Society on Thursday 18th October.

Annual Evening Talk at the RGS
Thu 18th Oct 2012

DSWF's annual RGS talk this year in partnership with Animals Asia and hosted by writer and TV presenter, Mark Carwardine .

Healing Without Harm, looks at the trade in animal parts that fuels a multi-million pound industry, devastating wild populations and abusing captive animals. We look at the trade and what we are doing to stop the suffering with Debbie Banks, EIA's Head of Tiger Campaign and Jill Robinson MBE , CEO of Animals Asia.

Tickets £15

Doors open at 6.15pm
Pre and post-event bar and sales available.

All profits will be shared between the David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation
and Animals Asia.

To order tickets on line click here or call 01483 272323

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:30 pm

Thanks for the tip Lai. Wish we could go, Imsure it will be fascinating listening to what they have to say
WS

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:12 pm

I'll be sure to let you know WS - I've just applied for tickets.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs on Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:47 pm

That sounds like a good night, hope you are successful in getting tickets Lai
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:09 pm

I hope you get your tickets too Lai, it should be a really good evening. I need quite a catch up on this thread looking at the posts that have gone on.

Do let us know if you are successful with the tickets Lai.

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:36 pm

Some devastating news from Animals Asia. They are to be evicted. Please see the link and sign the petition.

http://www.animalsasia.org/

Born Free are also helping - see their FB page https://www.facebook.com/#!/bornfreefoundation?fref=ts for more information.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:29 pm

If you haven't seen this post and the link please take 5 minutes to read it. Such disheartening news that the bears are to be evicted after all they have suffered in their lives.

http://www.animalsasia.org/?UID=7PL8339IUCX

We are going to the talk this Thursday at the RGS in London being hosted by David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation

Thu 18th Oct 2012

DSWF's annual RGS talk this year in partnership with Animals Asia and hosted by writer and TV presenter, Mark Carwardine .

Healing Without Harm, looks at the trade in animal parts that fuels a multi-million pound industry, devastating wild populations and abusing captive animals. We look at the trade and what we are doing to stop the suffering with Debbie Banks, EIA's Head of Tiger Campaign and Jill Robinson MBE , CEO of Animals Asia.

Tickets £15

Doors open at 6.15pm
Pre and post-event bar and sales available.

All profits will be shared between the David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation
and Animals Asia.

To order tickets on line click here or call 01483 272323

We will no doubt hear the latest on this tragic news.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:15 pm

Thanks Lai sorry I missed this. It really is bad bews for the Bears if this is allowed to go ahead.
Email sent.
WS

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:59 am

Thanks WS and thanks for highlighting it on our Home page.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:56 pm

Petition signed Lai - Really sad news for the bears Crying or Very sad Hope something is done in time to stop it Sad
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:07 pm

Thanks Doogs.

Lai cheers
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:39 pm

That is really awful news Lai. I have signed the petition and shared on my FB.

Isnt it so sad that we spend so much time signing petitions for animals, it really shouldnt be this way at all, it is so disheartening that so much bad stuff goes on.

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:28 pm

Thanks Littlewid. I am hoping we will hear some positive news at the RGS talk tomorrow night. I'll let you know.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:55 pm

I hope there is some positive news Lai, I will be keping my fingers crossed and look forward to hearing from you about the evening and any news.

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:46 pm

We went to the talk at the RGS on Thursday night. It was hosted by David Shephard Wildlife Foundation and David himself introduced the evening. Mark Carwardine spoke about rhino poaching before Debbie from the Environmental Investigation Agency talked about Tiger poaching. She's written a very good piece on the evening, see link below.

http://www.eia-international.org/lessons-in-the-art-of-healing-without-harm-to-wildlife

Jill from Animals Asia spoke passionately about what is happening in Vietnam and showed photos of the rescued bears before and after - I really did have tears in my eyes seeing these bears. One bear had spent 30 years in a cage having bile removed. It is the most disgusting practice ever and I can hardly bear to think what those bears go through.

http://www.animalsasia.org/

Jill is a true inspiration and has not given up hope at all. For the bears to be moved would mean caging them again whilst a new sanctuary is built. Can you imagine these bears being caged again after being rescued it would surely distress them so much.

It was a tough evening realising just how appalling the chinese/vietnamese people are - sorry I don't mean to generalise, the younger generation are against bear bile farming. I can honestly say it was a talk I was pleased we supported but I did not enjoy hearing what goes on.

I know we all love animals here on WAA so if you have a minute to e-mail the Vietnamese PM please do so.

Lai

Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:31 pm

Lai that really sounded like a tough evening but as you say, a very good one to support. The write up Debbie did was very good and I have clicked to follow on FB, I already sign up to Tiger Time. I had signed the petition and posted to my FB but I have now also sent an email as suggested.

It is wful what those bears have gone through and to cage them to move them is just unthinkable, it would be so distressing for them and really not needed, the Sanctuary should not be closed.

It is great if people can donate to these causes but if not, signing a petition or sending an email costs nothing, just time......but it can save lives.

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:52 am

I Agree Littlewid, whatever anyone can do is a help. Debbie wrote the evening up very well, I forgot to mention the Chinese doctor who spoke, brave man I thought, although I wasn't too convinced by all he said.

I'm doing another e-mail on Monday and will keep circulating to my friend as well as FB and Twitter.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:19 pm

More on the night from DSWF who were hosting the evening.

http://www.davidshepherd.org/news-events/news/an-inspirational-night-at-the-rgs/

Lai

Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs on Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:32 pm

I see Actress Ali MacGraw has got involved with the Moon Bears Cool Very Happy :-

"Actress Ali MacGraw kisses a foot of Mouko, a rescued moon bear, which is under a health observation at the Vietnam Bear Rescue Centre in Tam Dao National Park, north of Hanoi December 3, 2012. MacGraw is in Vietnam on a campaign to raise awareness for the protection of the Vietnam Bear Rescue Centre, a home for 103 rescued moon bears, which is now under pressure to close for a tourist project, according to Animals Asia's founder and Chief Executive Officer Jill Robinson. Across Asia, over 14,000 moon bears are being held in captivity on farms and milked for their bile because it is believed to be effective in the practice of traditional Asian medicine despite the availability of inexpensive and effective herbal and synthetic alternatives, according to activist group Animals Asia".

Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:26 pm

Wonderful news, the more well known people who get involved the better - they need so much publicity and support.

Thanks for that Doogs.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:35 am

Vietnam bear sanctuary saved from eviction
Animals Asia’s Vietnam bear rescue centre has been saved from the eviction threat that has been hanging over it since 5 October 2012. A communiqué issued by the Vietnamese government confirms that Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung has concluded that the rescue centre’s operation should be maintained, and that construction on the project’s second phase should continue.

This decision ensures that the 104 bears living at the centre that have been rescued from the bile industry will stay, 77 local Vietnamese staff keep their jobs, and Animals Asia who fund and operate the centre will not suffer the financial losses of US $2 million as previously feared.

Animals Asia is a charity that is devoted to ending the barbaric practice of bear bile farming and improving the welfare of animals in China and Vietnam. The Vietnam Bear Rescue Centre, located in Tam Dao National Park, is dedicated solely to the rescue of previously farmed bears in Vietnam.

Tuan Bendixsen, Vietnam Director, Animals Asia commented:
“We are very grateful to the Prime Minister for his commitment to the bear rescue centre. We look forward to working with the government to end bear bile farming and help conserve the bear species..”

Jill Robinson MBE, Founder and CEO, Animals Asia commented:
“Our priority has been to rehabilitate these bears after their years of trauma from being locked up in small cages and milked for their bile. If we had been forced to relocate it would have had a terrible impact on their wellbeing. We want to sincerely thank the tens of thousands of supporters from around the world who wrote letters, sent e-mails and signed petitions calling for the eviction to be stopped.”

The rescue centre was established based on the Vietnam government’s 2005 agreement with Animals Asia to fund and develop a facility on 12 hectares of the park that would permanently rehabilitate and house 200 endangered bears rescued from the illegal bear bile industry. Based on this agreement, Animals Asia has invested more than US$2 million in building and infrastructure

http://www.animalsasia.org/index.php?UID=NQZKBOA5KJ9

Such brilliant news.

Lai

Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:16 am

That really is fantastic news Lai thanks. Brilliant for the Bears, and Animals Asia. It looks as though that's one Petition that had effect

WS

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:08 am

I so agree WS. Such a relief and good news.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Happy Christmas 2013: Jingle Bears

Post  Laikipia on Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:09 am

A lovely clip from Animals Asia.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content