Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have your say on Deer Hunting

2 posters

Go down

Have your say on Deer Hunting Empty Have your say on Deer Hunting

Post  whitestarling Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:39 pm

Should there be more restrictions on deer hunting?
Should there be more restrictions on red deer stalking? How should wildlife be protected? Is the amount of reaction to the shooting justified?

Have your say here, and click the link below to give your views on BBC Blogs
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/haveyoursay/2010/10/should_there_be_more_restricti.html

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Have your say on Deer Hunting Empty Re: Have your say on Deer Hunting

Post  littlewid Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:53 pm

I was going to leave a comment on the BBC Blog WS but it would have probably been chucked off because some idiot was saying its ok to do a real hunt, like hunting Lions in the wild with weapons made from the wild. As if hunting lions is any better than any other kind of hunting. There is no way I would have been polite so I know my comment would have been removed, maybe when I calm down I will post one.

I will let you know that the deer cull starts at petworth park tomorrow. I have just been talking to my friend who works there as a guide round the house and she informed me that the cull is tomorrow. Sadly, she saw about 30 deer at the river today and said how beautiful they all looked. There are more than 30 there but she thought that only one or two would be culled, she was horrified when I said it would be more than one or two. She is not a vegetarian, she is not an obsessive animal lover or a campaigner but she does love animals and was truely horrified that more than one or two would be culled and said she didn't agree with culling.

It looks as if petworth believes the Rutt is over there or are they culling whilst the Rutt is still ongoing? I didn't think the rutting season had finished quite yet.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:34 pm

I posted this on TT's original thread, but I'll repeat it here in case anyone missed it

As TB said in an earlier post, we have come to except the country side to day as natural when its not, it has changed so much even from when I was a youngster, and living in the country side helped out on farms.TB's thoughts set me thinking about what we have done to our country over the years, animals like the Deer are confined to areas we have designated, Ray Mears this week in his programe revealed that 50% of UK meadow pastures are in the small County of Somerset when they used to be all over the UK, most of our hedgerows have now gone although there are programes to try to bring at least some back, and thats just some of the effects of our interference. We on the forum have complained, and campaigned about Countries in Africa, and else where about the encroachment into wild animals habitats, the killing of predators, and deforestation. When you think about it, we beat them to it along time ago. They are doing what we have already done.

WS.
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:47 pm

As you say WS, Deer are confined to areas we have designated to them and therefore as we only designate a small area man is so called managing them, instead of just letting nature taking its natural course with them. I appreciate they don't have any natural predators here but surely it would be kinder to have let them have the land they needed and let nature take its natural course. Then again I suppose man would say we need the land to survive and grow. It's all about harmony as we have said about Africa but harmony never seems to happen, man always appears to want more.
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:48 pm

I'm not sure on the end of the season LW but I just found this link to The Red Deer Society on easy search,but it's late we will have to read it tomorrow
http://www.bds.org.uk/red_deer.html
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down