Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne's agony: Battered, kicked and stabbed

+3
Safari Maiden
littlewid
whitestarling
7 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Anne's agony: Battered, kicked and stabbed - Page 3 Empty Re: Anne's agony: Battered, kicked and stabbed

Post  Laikipia Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:05 am

Wonderful that so much has been given so far, it just goes to show how much we all care about animals. I really hope they make the target.

Thanks for updating us WS

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Anne's agony: Battered, kicked and stabbed - Page 3 Empty Re: Anne's agony: Battered, kicked and stabbed

Post  whitestarling Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:56 pm

Anne's agony: Battered, kicked and stabbed - Page 3 768480 Its going up

Anne's agony: Battered, kicked and stabbed - Page 3 We141

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:30 am

Anne's agony: Battered, kicked and stabbed - Page 3 71418 Anne's agony: Battered, kicked and stabbed - Page 3 71418 Anne's agony: Battered, kicked and stabbed - Page 3 71418 Anne's agony: Battered, kicked and stabbed - Page 3 71418 Anne's agony: Battered, kicked and stabbed - Page 3 71418 Anne's agony: Battered, kicked and stabbed - Page 3 71418 Anne's agony: Battered, kicked and stabbed - Page 3 71418 Anne's agony: Battered, kicked and stabbed - Page 3 71418 Anne's agony: Battered, kicked and stabbed - Page 3 71418 Wonderful news

Thanks for updating us WS

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:26 pm

That is excellent news WS Anne's agony: Battered, kicked and stabbed - Page 3 768480 lets hope it keeps pouring in for Anne and the other eles it will help. It really does restore your faith doesn't it Anne's agony: Battered, kicked and stabbed - Page 3 853843

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:48 pm

Thanks for the update WS, fantastic amount so far Cool Very Happy
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:20 pm

The latest total

Anne's agony: Battered, kicked and stabbed - Page 3 We146

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:21 am

Anne's agony: Battered, kicked and stabbed - Page 3 768480 fantastic

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue May 10, 2011 12:42 pm

Latest Figures

Anne's agony: Battered, kicked and stabbed - Page 3 We160

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue May 10, 2011 2:44 pm

That's a good increase since your last update WS - lovely to think the sanctuary can be built and help all those poor abused eles.

Thanks for letting us know.

Lai Elephant behind
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue May 10, 2011 5:42 pm

It's going well isn't it, which is so wonderful, lets hope the figure keeps on rising.
Thanks for posting the update for us all WS cheers

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu May 12, 2011 3:37 pm

News from Longleat - 10th May and a clip of Anne

http://www.longleat.co.uk/news/anne_the_elephant_latest_update

It still makes me cry seeing this poor old ele.

Lai elephant
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu May 12, 2011 6:52 pm

True Lai, but I think a couple of those tears can now be of happiness. She has improoved really well since she's been at Longleat, with the care, and medication. Its great to read that at times she's acting like an Elephant half her age. That means she must be happy in herself. I know it can never make up for the life she has has, but it does seem she's happy now
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Thu May 12, 2011 6:52 pm

Thanks for that Lai. I think even though she suffers with her arthritis she seems so happy to be free! (as much as she can be)

SM

Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu May 12, 2011 11:41 pm

I know what you mean Lai but it's just so wonderful that whatever years Anne has left they will be spent being loved, cared for and with much freedom Anne's agony: Battered, kicked and stabbed - Page 3 71418

Thanks for the update Lai, I was actually just thinking about her the other day wondering how she was getting on Anne's agony: Battered, kicked and stabbed - Page 3 768480
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri May 13, 2011 7:15 am

Its so heartwarming to see Anne out and about, she really looked as though she was loving her walk.Anne does seem to have settled into her new life and I bet deep down she can't believe her good fortune at being in the care of Longleat. What was really nice about the article was that they are not using Anne to gain visitors to the park by using her walks to lure people in at certain times, they say her welfare comes first and that was comforting to know and gives more admiration for what they have and are doing.
Thanks for the clip and link Lai.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sat May 14, 2011 10:31 pm

Some Good News for Anne, and other Elephants. Some Bad News for Circus Animlas

Anne's agony: Battered, kicked and stabbed - Page 3 We170Anne's agony: Battered, kicked and stabbed - Page 3 We171Anne's agony: Battered, kicked and stabbed - Page 3 We233

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun May 15, 2011 8:13 am

Wonderful to read the first part WS - the ele sanctuary sounds like it will be a great place and they are doing so well with the appeal.

Regarding the circus animal ban being dropped I am really shocked and saddened. Why do we constantly give in to Europe? It is outrageous, I had hoped the government would get behind this and do something positive but it seems as ever we just let Europe tell us what to do.

Thanks for the update WS - although part two has made me Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun May 15, 2011 9:25 am

Thanks for the info WS. As Lai says, i am really happy with the enclosure update and plans they have so far, it looks really great and Anne and the other eles of the future will have a wonderful home.

With regards to the second bit, I am completely maddened. Our Government is spineless, it seems they are constantly affraid to go against the rest of Europe for fear of reprisals, even when I am damn sure they know they are so wrong and it's not what the majority of the public they serve want.
Having strict rules to keep animals in a circus is one thing but to maintain that animals constant welfare is another and not one that has ever been able to managed to the max but apart from that, it is so wrong and cruel to impose a circus life on a wild animal.
The Government should be really ashamed of themselves, wake up and see how feeble they are and for once, make a stand for what they know is right.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Sun May 15, 2011 1:56 pm

We get the Daily Mail so it brought a smile to my face the other day to read about Anne and the great plans they have for her Very Happy

Also very disappointed that the British Government have retracted their plans to ban animals in the circus, very disappointing. I don't know about you but I have the feeling a lot of people have the same feeling of disgust at the way animals are being treated in the circus, especially after what's been highlighted about Anne. I think many more people will now be more reluctant to go to a Circus to see 'performing animals' and perhaps put a strain on their business - that's one way to get the message across to them.
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Sun May 15, 2011 9:48 pm

Thanks for posting that WS, I do not read newspapers. The plan looks very good and very simulating (as close to true freedom as you can get). Hopefully Anne will not be alone for long, for the right reason of rescuing another needy elephant.

This circus ban backdown is a joke. AM highlight the DEFRA consultation, which I know I participated in. Why ask all those questions, have over 95% of the people call for a ban and then completely ignore the majority. Complete waste of time!!!!

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:30 pm

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:52 pm

cheers Lai. She's certainly being well looked after and obviously thriving at Longleat, long may it continue Anne's agony: Battered, kicked and stabbed - Page 3 71418
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:23 pm

I Agree I'd love to see more updates and clips though Anne's agony: Battered, kicked and stabbed - Page 3 853843

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:24 pm

It would have been lovely to see a clip Lai but at least there is some good news on Anne. it's brilliant she is doing so well and being so well cared for. Longleat was definiately the place for her wasn't it........and she got to meet DA.......actually more importantly......DA got to meet Anne bounce Anne's agony: Battered, kicked and stabbed - Page 3 768480

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:28 pm

I Agree Lucky DA

Lai elephant
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum