Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

+8
Chad Cocking
tigerburnie
Doogs
Safari Maiden
Anne-Marie1981
littlewid
whitestarling
Laikipia
12 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 Empty Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  Safari Maiden Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:59 pm

Hope you had a good weekend.

TT and I booked to go home for a week at the end of May to surprise my mum on her birthday. Hopefully there will be a bed for us at her house or we will have to sleep in the car lol.

I said to TT if he sits around the corner I will turn up at the door with my suitcase and mum will be shocked thinking Ive left him, but for some reason he didnt like that idea. Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 40683 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 40683

I love quizzes, hope you had a good time Doogs.

Lai I hope they pampered you this weekend and you didnt have to cater for them all?

AM - How are the wedding plans going? Its getting closer!

WS - Any more info on Poppy's trist.

Enjoy the rest of today!

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:14 pm

What a day, blustery and wet, definitely a north south divide today.

Glad the quiz was fun Doogs, and yes it is the taking part that counts sounds like it was a fun time with drunken :study: scratch

Shocked Your poor mum would be shocked SM and I can see that TT might not see the funny side Laughing

We had a change of plan. Pete's sister ending up having to work so they didnt come round but my mum came on Sunday which was nice and easy and we had a great time with 'THE QUIZ'

Off out to the pub tonight for a meal with some friends so no cooking for me lol!

Have a good evening everyone.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:39 am

What a wonderful weekend weatherwise Guys. The weather was brilliant here, but sadly some of us had to work at the weekend. That means me Mad Mad .
I mean how would you like to be stuck, in your office, which in my case means the cab of the Add/ Mobile I'm driving looking out at a view like this Sad
Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 00413

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 00511

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 40683 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 40683 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 40683 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 40683 and I get paid for it cheers cheers cheers cheers

Mind you it's all changed to day rain, and cooler Mad Mad Mad

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:52 am

Wow that's some view to look at WS lol! what a perfect couple of days for sitting and watching the world go by.

We've also had wonderful weather - two bar-b-q's and now it's raining and me and the washing got wet - Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 615959

Oh well, it is April.

Have a great day everyone.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:55 pm

That does look lovely WS :)

I meant to post on here before I left work on Friday but ran out of time after a manic day Rolling Eyes I worked through lunch as I wanted away at 4pm as we were travelling down to Carlisle that night to stay. Saturday morning we headed down to Preston, left the car at our Hotel and got the train to Aintree for the Grand National. Been a few times before but this was the first time since 2008. Glorious day weather wise which was good for us but it took its toll on the horses that had to run 4½ miles pale Thankfully after loads of water they were all ok. Two fatalities in the race itself which wasn't good Sad Managed to back the winner, I actually had had it on since October last year due to visiting the stable to see one of my syndicate horses and the trainer (Donald McCain) said it was going to be his GN horse and he liked it a lot. Got 33/1 for it then and it was 14/1 on Saturday - good business Wink

Did anyone else have a bet ? Sweeper at work ? I really wanted Silver by Nature (Tonto) to win (trained by my other horses trainer up here in Scotland) but alas the ground was too quick for him. Both Tonto and his rider Pete completed the course in one piece though which was good :)

Weather hasn't half changed since the weekend and after a glorious weekend sunny it was back to dullness and even some rain today :|

2 BBQ's Lai - you must be stuffed with burgers and sausages !!! Razz Laughing

Take care all
Doogs x drunken
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:56 am

Well done Doogs, 33-1 is brilliant, although I backed Barrabriggs I only got 14-1 the day before. My mum and Pete both got second, so we can't complain. So sad about the two horses, and I believe a jockey is still seriously ill. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery. I also did 3 others including Silver by Nature, but between us we covered 11 out of the 40 What a Face so we should have done better! Sadly the sweepstakes at work was not a winner for me.

Have a good day everyone - shame it's just starting to rain again.

Lai

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:03 pm

Well done on backing Brigsy Lai Wink

Better news :) about the jockey (Peter Toole) today - "He came out of the coma and moved his legs which was good, and I spoke to the consultant last night and the CT scan was negative which is also positive news. His body is okay, but it now it's just a question of how bad he is on his right-hand side when he wakes up again.

"Things are better and although Peter has still got a long way to go - he's not out of the woods yet - the news is as good as can be expected at this present time."

What a beautiful sunny day we had up here today, far too nice to be stuck in the office :|

Out for tea tonight with a couple of friends, went to Zizzi which was lovely - they do a mean garlic bread with cheese and carmalised onions, mmmmmm Razz

Just finished watching the Man Utd -v- Chelsea game, good win for the reds who are now through to the semi final of the Champions League Very Happy

Hope everyone is good
Doogs x drunken
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:26 am

That's good news then, I hope he makes a speedy recovery, much as I love the race having always watched it since I was a child, I always hate seeing the accidents and fallers. So everything crossed that Peter Toole makes a full recovery soon.

Sounds like you had a fun evening Doogs - we also went out to the Purple Pakora our local indian restaurant which was lovely, I am still full this morning Very Happy

Hope everyone has a good day, weather is cold and overcast today, spring has gone Shocked

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:20 pm

The jockey didn't fall whilst riding in the GN Lai, it was the race before it. Thankfully no jockey's were hurt in the big race itself.

Ooooh lucky you going for an Indian, it's ages since I've had one of them Crying or Very sad Looks like I'll be able to rectify that on Saturday though as we're heading down to Glasgow on Friday night to stay with friends then going to the Scottish Grand National at Ayr on Saturday. Coming up the road after the racing and there's a lovely Indian in Perth that does a buffet which I love - think a stop there is in order, my mouth is watering thinking about it !!!

Horrible grey, overcast, spits of rain day today here too Crying or Very sad Thought about putting the washing out before I left but thankfully I didn't, phew :)

Footie tonight, my team are playing my hubbies team - hope there's not too many arguments tonight Laughing

Have a good day everyone
Doogs x drunken
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:38 pm

Oh, I thought he was riding in the GN, thanks for putting me right on that Doogs.

Sounds like you've got a busy weekend, definitely a good thing to stop for an Indian in Perth, we really enjoyed ours last night Very Happy Hope the Scottish GN is fun and you get a win drunken

Enjoy the footie - hope your team wins cheers Pete's off to the pub and I'm on the phone catching up with a girlfriend we are planning a trip Laughing

Have a good evening everyone.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:10 pm

I missed the Grand National this year, I cant believe it. Hope you all did well!

What colours were the winners silks btw?

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:02 pm

Its been really cold, and wet here today back to Winter Brrrr. My team Utd beat Chelsea last night cheers cheers I think the best you can hope for Doogs in the interest of harmony is a draw Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 40683 Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 40683

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:24 am

Hope you had a good 'blether' (Scottish for chat) with your girlfriend Lai :)

SM colours for the GN were green & yellow quarters with white. He is owned by a guy called Trevor Hemmings who is famous for buying and selling 'Pontins' for a lot of money. He also owned Blackpool Tower until last year. He's got about 100 racehorses and when they retire they all come to stay with him in the Isle of Man where they are well looked after cheers

Here's a photo of Ballabrigs & Jason as they win the GN then one of Brigsy and trainer Donald McCain the day after the race looking rather handsome :)

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 Briggs10

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 Briggs11

I too was pleased to see Man U beat Chelsea WS, here's hoping the Red Devils can go all the way in the Champions League Cool

Unfortunately it was Ian that was happy last night as Rangers beat us 1-0 Crying or Very sad It was a good game and we played well, deserving a draw. We play Celtic in the semi-final of the Scottish Cup on Sunday and if we play like last night we've got a chance Wink

Spits of rain again this morning Rolling Eyes

Have a good day everyone x
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:50 am

Great photos Doogs - what a star he was Like a Star @ heaven I love you

Yes, we certainly did have a good old chat - just under an hour but doesnt time pass quickly when you are albino albino albino

Sorry to hear about the footie No

Have a good day everyone - it's cold, damp and looks like rain today Rolling Eyes

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:19 pm

Thanks Lai, he certainly was Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Just getting a few posts on here before finishing at 4pm, worked through lunch again so I could get away early, my boss is good for that ! Off to Glasgow tonight to stay with friends. We're getting treated to homemade fajitas, mmmmm !!! Then tomorrow down to Ayr for the Scottish Grand National, hope the weather stays dry.

What's everyone else up to ? Here's hoping it's nice and sunny for you all over the weekend.

Looking forward to the next few weeks at work as they are going to be shorter than usual due to so many Public Holidays coming up Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 71418

Have a good one everyone
Doogs x drunken
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:53 pm

scratch missed saying have a great weekend Doogs, so here's hoping you do. Let's hope the sunny shines and you get lots of winners.

Yes, lots of time off soon, in fact only about 3 days work in 12 or something like that Laughing

Have a great weekend everyone, whatever you are all up to.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  tigerburnie Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:21 pm

Just off up the hills to Glen Esk for a picnic and a Adder hunt,will post some piccies if I find any.

tigerburnie

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:35 pm

Sounds fun TB - will look forward to photos later.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  tigerburnie Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:15 pm

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 Dscf0010

Loch Lee at the top of Glen Esk,lots of Common Sandpipers,Wheatears,Meadow Pipits and Wagtails today.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 Dscf0011

One of last years young females sunbathing.

tigerburnie

Back to top Go down

Post  tigerburnie Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:18 pm

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 Dscf0012
Any flower experts know what this is,I don't!!

tigerburnie

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:22 pm

I will leave the flower up to Lai TB, she is brilliant with her flowers, it is a lovely one.

What a gorgeous place that is, it looks so peaceful and the Loch looks so inviting. It sounds as if you have had a wonderful day.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:54 pm

No pressure there Littlewid and a perfect pass sideways lol! - Welcome to everyday Lets Talk - Page 5 40683

It looks to me like a Wood Anemone TB - very pretty and a great photo of it.

Loch Lee looks quite stunning, what a perfect day you had. Love the Adder photo, although I am not a huge snake fan.

Thanks for sharing.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:31 pm

What a lovely place to spend the day TB, so many different Birds, and finding the Adder as well. How did you know it's last years female, is it just the size or something else. Well done Lai for getting the flower
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tigerburnie Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:49 pm

Adders are at this time of the year usually different colours,the males tend to more black and white or even nearly all black.The females are usually more brown and black,this one was a lovely bright brown.Females tend to be larger,so guessed as this was a small one it would be last years.This years are unlikely to have been born yet up here and will be the size of a pencil,this one was still thin like a pencil,but twice the length.
This may of course vary from location to location,but the rule of colour is fairly common across the uk.

tigerburnie

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:17 pm

Lovely location TB. You have glorious scenery and countryside. I think I say a male adder last year at Stanwick Lakes. It was on the path basking and as we approached all I could see was a black flash disappearing into the thick grass. We were unable to find it.

Are there any animals/reptiles etc that you know are in an area but have not seen?

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next