Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  princesspurplehippy on Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:49 am

such a lovely day down here in the 'shires

I thought it was best to get my walk over and done with early before it got too hot. It was a lovely walk with all the birds in 'spring' mood
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:30 pm

Lovely day here too in the north west - cleaning garden furniture and a bbq tonight - dog walking in the woods later, lots of ducks on the river so have to try and keep the dogs away.

Spring is definitely in the air cheers

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:03 pm

Afternoon everyone

Another beautiful sunny day here, and we've seen the first bluebells in the woods and the first Peacock butterfly sunning itself wings outstretched basking on the paving stones - must be spring flower

Fingers crossed it carries on, although I believe in the south and south east of england a hosepipe ban is already in force, I can hardly believe it What a Face

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:30 pm

Been the same here Lai. Lovrly and sunny by the coast. Loads of people on the beaches, the deckchairs are out, and everyone's really enjoying the weather.
How did the BBQ go, I was a bit worried about the sausages, there was a distinct smell of burning this side of the hills
WS

Admin

http://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:46 am

WS - we changed our minds about the BBQ - it cooled down a bit too much once the sun went down and Pete decided against standing out in the garden freezing What a Face

Now the clocks have changed I'll get him on that barbie hopefully next weekend Very Happy

Lai sunny
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden on Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:49 am

Well another hectic week gone and another just about to start.

Was in Milton Keynes Sat and Sun, car hunting. TT has a rather nice car allowance with the new job so we were trawling showrooms and test drives. He seems to have settled on the new Kia Optima 2012 with loads of toys.

The carpet for the guest room is being laid on Monday 2nd after trawling retailers on Sat and Sun as well. I have the nursery furniture in mid construction in the dining room. I dont mind constructing flat packs but bump does get in the way!

TT is off to Belgium until Friday with his new job, but heard on the radio that the line between Bedford to St Pancras International has had signal failure one train service is suspended and the other two have 90min delays. So dont know how he is now getting the Eurostar.

Im in for another hectic week. So much to do before bump get even bigger and will be lucky just to stay upright at this rate.

Have a great week everyone!

SM

Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs on Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:34 pm

Apologies for not being on here for a few days. We have absolutely glorious sunny outside and have done for a few days now but I am in my bed with either the flu or a really bad cold, nose and ears are completely blocked, not fine No

Good to hear TT has got another job SM and quickly. Also good to hear you are getting a new car out of it Cool

AM, hope that back of yours is not quite so painful Crying or Very sad

What time for the BBQ this weekend Lai Pai ? Just let us all know Wink

Doogs pale (- that's the colour I am at the moment !!!)
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:10 pm

Group Hug Doogs poor you being :sick: What a shame for you.

BBQ is anytime you like Doogs - we can start on the Dawa Doogs just the moment you get here cheers

Take care of yourself and hope you'll be less pale soon.

Lai Pai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:56 pm

Laikipia wrote: WS - we changed our minds about the BBQ - it cooled down a bit too much once the sun went down and Pete decided against standing out in the garden freezing What a Face

Now the clocks have changed I'll get him on that barbie hopefully next weekend Very Happy

Lai sunny
affraid affraid Do'nt put him on the BBQ Lai, you might need him again, if your that short of food, I'm sure I can smuggle a food parcel of sausages, over the border

Glad everything is going well for you SM, great news about the new job, and car. Do'nt worry about falling over I do the same, and I have'nt got a Bump. I think it's all to do with Boddies scratch think I spelt that right.

Sorry to hear your feeling :pale:Doogs hope you feel Very Happy soon it was on the news, that a lot of people are suffering from Tree pollen, so it may be that.

Brilliant weather here in Wales spent the last couple of days spring cleaning the garden, got rid of all the autumn leaves affraid did'nt realise we lived in the middle of a forest. All the pots are now ready for Mrs S to do her planting.
WS

Last edited by whitestarling on Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:11 am

You the man WS ROFL

cheers Also, that's what it is .... tree pollen, I've been sneezing away and all bunged up and it's not something I normally suffer from, so now I know cheers

Have a great day everyone - the sunny is still shining and it looks like it's going to be a good one.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs on Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:02 pm

Oooooh Dawa Doogs drunken - now there's an offer Wink

Tree Pollen - Yikes affraid I hope not pale

Feel slightly better today but still off work - certainly had plenty of Sleep the past few days. I'll return tomorrow though regardless of how I feel, I'm not one for being off sick No

Sounds like there was plenty of sunny around today. Make the most of it 'cause it's not going to last (according to the weather forecast !)
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy on Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:24 am

the weather is glorious down here in the shires, better still I have today and friday off work as I took them off as annual leave. me and my bf are planning our first National Trust visits of the season tomorrow so today is a day for a little housework and meeting a friend for lunch

I had some good news in work yesterday, theyve managed to get permission to extend my contract for another month, which is great although I wish they wouldnt leave it so last minute next time. I had to cheekily ask for monday off aswell because Ive arranged Thames Water to come round as I have a pressure problem with my water supply and its taken me 6 weeks to arrange for them to come round so I can't cancel.

I still haven't heard about the full time job but they have extended the closing date for applications twice and talking to someone who works on the team said thats because not a lot of people have applied for the job

princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:34 am

Shame about the housework on a lovely sunny day PPH but a great idea to get out and about tomorrow and enjoy a NT visit.

Also it sounds positive re the job, even though it's a bit last minute to let you know - not a lot of consideration on their part. Fingers crossed for the full time position.

Have a great couple of days, and hope the sunny shines.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:26 am

Morning everyone

scratch The weather's changed today no sunny at the moment, such a shame after a fantastic week.

Hope you've all had a good week and have a good weekend to look forward to.

Last night Pete and I went to listen to Chris Packham. What a great evening. He was speaking at the Wildlife Trusts, Cheshire Branch. It's our 50th anniversary and they've got 4 great speakers lined up this year. Chris spoke for an hour covering all sorts of topics from the badger cull, rhino and tiger poaching, otters, peregrine falcons, his passion for birds and much more. He then took questions for 1/2 hour. He was great and very funny just like on Springwatch and Unsprung and it was wonderful to see young children in the audience some of whom asked questions. He's passionate about getting kids outside to enjoy the great outdoors rather than sitting in front of a computer! I could have listened for longer as it really was a great event.

Have a fun weekend whatever you're up to.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs on Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:50 pm

We must be lucky up here cause it's been another scorcher sunny Supposed to get cooler over the weekend though, typical Crying or Very sad

Sounds like a good night last night Lai Pai, I think Chris would be an excellent speaker. Great that he covered all different animals and we need more people like him who are interested in getting kids outdoors instead of playing their Playstations all the time !!!

Good to hear your contract has been extended for another month PPH.

Well we've got my works annual Quiz Night tonight so looking forward to that. It's in the pub round the corner from my mum & dads so a nearby, cheap B&B will be used tonight Wink

Have a good one all
Doogs drunken
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy on Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:21 pm

I had a lovely day today, another day off.

My partner and I went to visit 2 National Trust places we'd never been before. They were Baddesley Clinton and Packwood House, they are within 2 miles away from each other and are such great places to visit. I was a bit worried as even though I do drive I don't have a car and I had hired a especially for our day out. Unfortunately due to really silly people panic buying petrol all of stations had ran dry yesterday.

Thankfully the car came 3/4 full of petrol and the hire car place have a deal that instead of bringing it back with the same amount you can bring it back empty and you pay them £1.30 a litre, which is a double bonus because thats cheaper than the petrol stations.

So tomorrow we are going to another place called Chasleton House so hopefully we'll have some sunshine
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:27 am

Morning one and all Very Happy

PPH sounds like your having a good few days, any pictures of the places you have visited? I must admit I have not been to any of the places you and your are visiting. Good on you for driving when you don't have a car as it must mean you don't drive very often, I think thats very brave. Hope you have a lovely day today.

I would love to listen to Chris Packham Lai, I think he has the knack of getting people really interested in nature, he is so passionate when he talks and great that he is getting kids interested as well, they are the future for our wildlife.

Sorry to hear you have been feeling poorly Doogs, there have been loads of colds etc still going round, we haven't really got rid of the bugs have we. Haven't heard of anyone round here suffering with tree pollen yet but i'm sure it will come. How did the quiz go last night? hope you stormed it.

Hows TT's new job going SM? a new car sounds wonderful and a trip to Belgium to boot as well, all very exciting. Your doing a grand job putting all the baby furniture together, i'm useless at that sort of thing so I take my hat of to you, just don't over do it.

I read on here AM that you are bigger than expected for your weeks, sometimes people sprout quickly........or are there twins in either side Very Happy hope you are keeping well though and looking after yourself.

The sun is trying to come up here, it was a bit of a dismal start compared to the last week, hopefully it will be a nice day.
I am off to lunch with some friends which will be nice as we haven't managed to catch up for a while, then it's off food shopping.....not my fav job of the weekend.
I have also got to go and get all my paint, curtains and curtain poles this weekend as my nephew is coming to decorate next week then I just have to sort new furniture for the lounge. So it's going to be another messy week but lovely when it's done. Going for a neutral colour to keep the lounge, hall and landing nice and light and bright.

Hope everyone has a good weekend planned and fingers crossed the sun keeps shinning for us all.
Have a good one everyone.

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:17 pm

Hi Guys
Just a quick one as it's late. Glad you are having a good time PPH, and that they have extended your job, but I do'nt think it's fair of them to keepyou hanging on till the last minute all the time.
Hope your getting better Doogs.
I'm sure a lot of people realise the extent of Chris's wildlife knowledge, just associate him with Spring & Autumnwatch, and it;s great to know that children were there as well.
Great to know nearly everythings nearly done LW, then at last you might get some weekend rest..
Got a busy day tomorrow, I'm off to the Wirral Egg run, with the Add/Van. My company are sponsering it. It involves loads of Motor Bikers, who all start at one end of the Wirral then go on a tour, collecting Easter Eggs for the Children at Clatterbridge Hospital, it's held every year. I will try to get some pics if I can.
Hope you all have agreat day tomorrow
WS

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:50 am

Good morning everyone

cheers The sun is shining again after a cold day yesterday.

Have a great time WS and look forward to your photos - sounds like a fun event and a really good cause.

It sounds like you are still having a mad busy time Littlewid. Hope you had a successful day getting all your bits and pieces and a fun lunch with friends.

PPH hopefully you've got the sunny too and are enjoying all those NT houses.

Doogs I hope your team did well in the quiz and you had a fun night drunken

Did anyone do anything last night for WWF Earth Hour? We were at home but it was great just with the candlelight and it's something we've done since it started. I love the fact that Buckingham Palace joins in Very Happy

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/earth-hour-2012--it%E2%80%99s-lights-out-on-saturday-night-for-world%E2%80%99s-largest-environmental-campaign.html

Worth watching the clip.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:22 pm

That was a great clip Lai but i'm a little Embarassed to say I forgot about it, even though I had received the text messages from WWF. Well done you and Pete for taking part and anyone else that remembered and joined in

A beautiful day here today as well, they said it was going to rain but it's been glorious sunshine all day. Mind you with the hosepipe ban starting on Thursday we really do need the rain for the gardens and flowers etc.

Hope the egg run went well today WS, it sounds like good fun and all in a good cause, look forward to the pictures and I hope you didn't eat too many eggs yourself lol!

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:02 pm

It's easy to forget Littlewid, despite all the emails and reminders scratch We had a wedding on so we were only in the dark at home, I regret to say business comes first and i wasn't sure i could tell the bride and groom they should have an hour in the dark lol!

No Poor you with a hosepipe ban Littlewid - we're okay here and collect rain water for watering plants as well so no panic at the moment.

It's cooler today but still beautiful and sunny - off to the pub later for a quick bite to eat Very Happy

Have a great evening everyone.

Lai

Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:21 pm

A quick update on the Wirral Egg Run. There were over 10,000 Motor Bikes that took part What a Face . More info, and pics to follow.
Just to introduce my new friend that will be working with me from time to time.
Meet Charlie the Bear, if you give him a wave I'm sure he'll see you and wave back

WS

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:00 am

I do believe he waved back at me WS Charlie Bear is great and I bet the kids love him.....and a few adults too Very Happy I must say I thought you were going to have something stuck to your Ad Van not have a bear to keep you company, I bet you two have a right laugh together
Looking forward to seeing the Egg Run pics
littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:42 am

WS

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:54 pm