Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  littlewid on Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:25 pm

Brilliant WS it looks like a really fun day and I bet you loved being apart of it all......plus I bet you were glad you didn't have all Charlies fur......must have been really hot sunny
Some people don't have much time for bikers but I have always found them to be good guy's who are willing to step up to help.
Must say though, Laurel & Hardy did well.......they must be getting on a bit now

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden on Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:45 pm

Great to see the fun WS.

Hope everyone is having a good week.

I have been in bed having done something to my back and with baby pulling from the front it has been a bad number of days. It took 1 1/2 for me just to sit up, anyway the good news it things are getting back to normal and back to work tomorrow. Just means I can sit for long periods in front of the computer now cheers , but dont tell TT that.

Anyway think Im on the wrong thread for most of that. Got to tell you what I saw from our bedroom window, but will put that on the Birdfeeder thread!

SM
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:56 am

Assembling that flat packed furniture cant have helped SM. Glad your up, and about again.

Do'nt know if any of you have seen the News this morning, there's a Cargo Ship that has got into trouble at Llanddulas on the North Wales coast overnight. Thankfully all the crewe are safe after being lifted off by helicopter, but they are worried that there has been a fuel leakage, and it's where we used to live. Although we are up in the hills now, we are only 10mins derive from Llanddulas, and it's where I take a lot of my seabird photos, inc the ones of the seal on the post, which is only a few hundred yards from where this incident is taking place. So I really hope the pollution is'nt to bad, as there is a lot of sealife, and Birds that will suffer, the area where its happend is used by quite large flocks of Oyster Catchers that sift through the sand for food as the tide goes out.

WS

Admin

http://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:19 pm

Cant believe the difference in the weather from yesterday. It's a bit on the cool side, but lovely, and sunny today. Hope its the same for everyone else. Yesterday we had the gales that blew the ship onto the rocks, and our Bird Feeder over What a Face after it had withstood all the winter gales, I think it was because it came from an usual direction to what we normaly have, and we saw the first snow since last winter, although lucky for us it did'nt stick.
An update on the cargo ship, it's still stuck on the beach, and pinned up against the rocks, there was a small engine oil leak, but it has disapated in the rough sea, so no damge done thank heavens. They are at the moment working out how to remove the fuel oil from the tanks, which fortunaltly are on the undamaged side of the ship, then they will look to reflaot it, and salvage it. The fuel oil is a light oil, not like the heavy thick stuff that causes so much damge to the evironment, so it looks as though our coastline has got away without to much damage
WS

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:00 pm

We saw that on the news last night WS. What a disaster, but thankfully not nearly as bad as it could have been. It's a relief that the weather's better today, at least that will help them.

We've got sunshine today after yesterday's snow - we'd moved our bird table luckily as it normally gets sent flying when the wind picks up.

Fingers crossed it stays like it is now for a while.

We're off on Saturday for a week, taking my mum on a small boat cruise from Berlin to Prague along the River Elbe. It should be gentle and relaxing and we are hoping for sunny not Rain or Lightening and Snowing Whatever, it'll be a nice relaxing break taking in the scenery.

Have a good rest of the day everyone.

Lai

Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:01 pm

I didn't realise it was so windy in Wales yesterday WS, that must have been some gale, thankfully it hasn't turned out as bad as it could have been with the tanker, that could have been quite devastating for the wildlife. Pleased everyone got off ok and that today is much calmer in wales. I didn't see the news yesterday so this is the first I have heard of it. Hope your bird feeder is ok.

Glad you are feeling better SM, you got to be careful with all that bending and fixing up furniture. Not long to go now is it, I bet you and TT are getting more excited by the day. My neighbour is also expecting and she has 7 weeks to go, they have just finished their nursery and are dead excited. Remember to take it easy my friend.

Your cruise sounds lovely Lai, my mum went to Prague and had a wonderful time, she and my Aunty really loved it their, so fingers crossed the weather is on your side and I hope your mum has a lovely time too.

Decorating nearly all done, I think tomorrow is the last main day then it's all the odd little bits and bobs, i'm really pleased with how its all gone and the place is looking all lovely and bright and airy.

Been a nice sunny day here, they predicted rain but it's been nice if not a little chilly.

Start of the Easter weekend, hope everyone has a nice weekend planned.

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:04 pm

what a relief for you Littlewid, that you're nearly all finished! Hope you get to relax and enjoy it all over Easter.

Group Hug to all the furries.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:40 am

Have a great Easter Weekend everyone.
Hope you have a nice week with your Mum Lai. Glad everythings coming together at last LW, you could do with some relaxing time.
I've got a bit of a problem, as you know I'm an Animal lover, and although not a vegatarian, there are some things I do'nt eat like Lamb, and things. Mrs S has been given a Rabbit by a friend, and she wants us to have it Sunday lunch, and I'm not sure what to do without upsetting Mrs S. Any advice Guys
WS

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:32 am

Ouch WS. That's a tough one, I can't eat lamb ever and as for rabbit No I am also not a vegetarian but could be quite easily. Sorry I can't think what to suggest.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:54 pm

Oh my WS, thats a tough one. As you know I am a vegetarian and a great Rabbit lover, having had so many as house rabbits, I also love to see rabbits free in their natural environment.
It's a hard choice isn't it because you don't want to upset Mrs S and cooking two dinners can be a pain but I suppose that is an option, you could have something else and Mrs S the rabbit.
If neither of you eat it, the poor rabbit has been killed for no reason.
You could give it to someone who has a dog becuase unfortunately they do like rabbit, or you could cook it and give it to Poppy if she would eat it as rabbit is good for cats digestion, it's very easy on their tummys, then you and Mrs S could have something else for dinner.
If you really can't eat it I am sure Mrs S would understand, she sounds a lovely lady.
I hope you get your dilema sorted, I know how you feel about things but I also know how much you wouldn't want to upset Mrs S but I also have the feeling that Mrs S would not want to upset you either.

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:08 am

Lai, if you are looking in this morning before you leave.......

HAVE A FANTASTIC HOLIDAY

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs on Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:44 am

Mmm seems like I've neglected this thread for a few days Embarassed Well up here in a week the weather has gone from the tropics to the baltics, amazing change.

Wirral Egg Run looked a great, fun day WS and you certainly got good weather sunny

Good to hear the cargo ship spillage is not as bad as it could have been.

Sorry to hear you were having back problems SM, not good No A girl in my work gave birth to twins on Tuesday, it's not going to be long until it's your turn

I've probably missed you Lai but have a great week away. That sounds a lovely break to be going on a cruise from Berlin to Prague along the River Elbe. I hope the sun shines for you but whatever the weather I'm sure you and your mum will have a great time

Brilliant that you've finished with the decorating LW, bet the place is looking like a new home, lovely Very Happy

Oooh now that is a dilema with the rabbit WS. I think you have to be honest and say that you're not comfortable eating it (I couldn't either) and I'm sure Mrs S will understand. At least she hasn't bought it so it's going to be a waste of your money. The oven is going to be on anyway so shouldn't be a problem to pop in something for you at the same time. Let us know how you get on.

Was off work on Friday for Easter, Ian working then I'm working on Monday and Ian's off - good eh !! No Pub & footie today with my dad and that's about all I have planned for the weekend.

Have a good one all
Doogs drunken
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:09 pm

Our weathers gone a bit weird too Doogs, we have had loads of sunshine but today has been colder and we have had a little rain but at least we have not had the snow that scotland got last week.
Shame you and Ian are working different days over the holiday but at least it sounds as if you have the weekend together and hopefully you will have a nice Easter Sunday. I'm sure you have had a nice day with your dad today......fingers crossed your team did well.

We are all off to my sisters tomorrow for dinner, there will be 12 of us, the whole family which will be lovely........i've got to at least get one out of that many people

Have a great evening everyone.
littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:41 pm

Sorry Guys I have fallen for the temptation to eat Rabbit affraid Mrs S, and I have come to a agreement. I'm going to eat the Ears, and Tail, and Mrs S is going to eat the rest. Could'nt resist
I Just Luuurve Chocolate

affraid Just noticed, I did'nt say it was a Chocolate one did I. SORRY Evil or Very Mad
WS

PS Mrs S says I'm Twisted Evil Twisted Evil . Do'nt know why :What: :What:

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:37 am

WS, what you like, Mrs S is quite right, your are a Evil or Very Mad , you had us going there lol!

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE
HAVE A GREAT DAY

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy on Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:59 pm

WS what a little Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Ive had a very quiet Easter, me and my bf had a lovely walk yesterday but the weather is so horrid down here today its a day for generally doing nothing. No eggs for me apparently I'm too old for Easter eggs so no choccy for me Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad but my partner and I managed to find what seems to be the only shop open yesterday and we bought chocolate tea cakes and ate them instead.

princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:42 pm

Oh your never too old for Easter Eggs PPH......thanks heavens as I did get some bounce looking forward to a quiet evening now this week to tuck into them

Chocolate Teacakes sound rather scrummy though, fancy some of those myself Very Happy Our weather has been a bit mixed, we had a lovely day yesterday, lots of sunshine but today it has just poured with rain all day, it's been quite miserable. Glad you and your BF got out for a nice walk though and found somewhere for a cup of tea and a teacake.

Hope everyone has had a nice Easter.

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:45 pm

Been working all weekend, and today Crying or Very sad . The weathers been Raining today not nice at all's a shame for the people coming on holiday, and the children. Mrs S agrees with LW, never to old for Choccy Eggs, if I'd have known PPH, we would have sent you some Rabbit . Do'nt you have to much of those Eggs LW you know what will happen. Your better off having Boddies like me then you can say bottoms up instead of bottoms. Errr perhaps I'd better silent before I get into trouble again What a Face
WS

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:51 pm

Evening all, hope you've all had a lovely Easter. I was working today and the office was soooo quiet - so much so that they let us away at 4pm Very Happy

OK WS that was very mean of you to get us all going thinking Mrs WS was cooking you a poor little bunny rabbit Crying or Very sad You certainly had us all going Laughing Just glad you're Easter Bunny is definitely edible and it's also very big ! Wink Mad Razz

I Agree LW you're never too old for Easter. Chocolate tea cakes were a good substitute though PPH, at least you got some chocolate. Hope you managed to scoff a few of yours tonight LW. I was very lucky and got new funky pink earphones to match my iPod plus an iTunes gift card - there are a lot of advantages to not eating chocolate Wink Very Happy

Yes WS - I think you better stay silent for a while !!!!
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy on Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:40 pm

I don't know why but I've found it really hard to go back to work. Its never good going back to work after a 4 day weekend.

I spent a bit of time today writing an email in Croatian to a priest in a town in the Dalmatia area of Croatia,the reason, well my partner's maternal grand father was born and brought up in Yugoslavia and came to England during the second world war.

I have been trying to do my partner's family tree and have got a bit stuck on this side of the family. So as the Croatian records have not been digitised, combined with the fact that we have lost contact with living members of his Yugoslavian family due to the nastiness in the 90s and I don't speak Croatian then all of the records will be held in the church.

So with the help of a Croatian friend I emailed the local priest of the town where his grand father grew up to see if they can tell me where the records are kept and also hopefully is any of my partner's Yugoslavian survived the war then they still may go to the church and the priest could let them know that someone is looking into their family
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:34 pm

Looks like you,ve taken on a big job there PPH. Good luck with your search. II know you said you had a Croatian friend, but I thought this might be of use. It's a link for Google Translator, it translates loads of languages to, and from english, and I've just checked it does Croatian
http://translate.google.com/#

WS

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy on Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:00 am

Thanks for the link WS, that looks like a really useful link
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:28 pm

I think we could all get used to a four day weekend PPH - a four day working week would also do ! Wink Well done you for doing emails in Croatian to help trace your partner's family tree, that couldn't be easy. Hope you get the information you are looking for.

Won't be on the forum tomorrow as I'm heading down to Glasgow with my dad. My team (Aberdeen) are playing in the Scottish Cup Semi Final at the National Stadium, Hampden Park so we're only one game away from getting to the final, fingers crossed my boys do it - COYR - Come on Ye Reds !

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Doogs drunken
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:41 pm

Best of luck Doogs will be cheering the boys on, and raising a drunken
WS

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs on Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:42 pm

Thanks WS yer a Like a Star @ heaven I'm afraid it was not to be (again Crying or Very sad ) and we got beat 2-1. Both teams didn't play particularly well but we were so disappointed with our team as we gave away a goal after only 2 minutes !! Sad Dad and I did have a few sherbets along the way drunken and we enjoyed our day out together - just not the footie No :)

Well we woke up on Sunday morning to SNOW !! Snowmas Today was quite nice, bright & cold but there is more Frosty Tongue forecast for this week affraid
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum