Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  Laikipia on Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:49 am

Morning everyone

It's tipping with rain here today, and set to stay, hoping those who need the rain also have it.

Doogs I hope you don't get more snow What a Face honestly the weather is bizarre at the moment!

We had a good time away, although my mum is suffering now with a heavy cold. Not sure about all those German dumplings but the scenery was lovely and Prague was seriously crowded, you couldn't move! Luckily Pete and I had left my mum on the boat as she was feeling tired otherwise I don't know how she would have coped Shocked

Have a great day everyone.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:32 am

Sad Doogs, but at least it was a good excuse for a drunken or drunken drunken
Glad you had a good time Lai, we are sunny at the moment. We got what your having overnight, on this side of the hills. North Wales has plenty of water, so I told the rainclouds you needed it more
Hope your Mum gets over her cold soon
WS

Admin

http://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:28 am

Meant to say WS we've got Bluebells, they started some weeks ago and fortunately have slowed down due to adverse weather but should be in full bloom in a couple of weeks. They look beautiful already.

cheers WS - we've plenty of rain this side of the hills, Cheshire is one of the rainiest counties in the UK - send it south pleeeeeeeeeeease lol!

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs on Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:05 pm

Pouring with Rain here as well this morning. No sign of the Snowmas - yet !!!!

Glad to hear you had a great break Lai. Poor mum getting the cold, hope it doesn't linger for too long. Prague is a lovely city, amazing it was so busy at this time of the year Shocked

Photos of the bluebells in full bloom is a must please Lai cheers

WS - that was the only good thing as it turned out about the day - any excuse is a good excuse Wink drunken
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:20 pm

I'll have a go Doogs in between the rain and hail showers!

Lai Pai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:50 am

Good Morning Everyone Very Happy

We have another wild, wet and windy day here Raining Rain Lightening I thought yesterday was bad enough but today is worse affraid at least we haven't had snow like you Doogs. We have a hosepipe ban here and ever since the ban it has rained What a Face mind you I know we do need lots of rain to replace the reserve we should have and at least it is watering the grass seed on my garden nicely

Glad you had a good holiday Lai but a shame Prague was so packed but I do believe it is popular. Hope your mum is feeling better, they are nasty colds that are going around at the moment so hopefully she will soon be fighting fit again.

Hope everyone is ok, have a good day and hope the weathers not too bad where you are.

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:45 pm

Afternoon everyone

I think we've got off lightly after rain and hail, yesterday then turned out sunny. All quiet here today with the odd spit and spot of rain but no wind. It's good news for your garden though Littlewid and everyone with a hosepipe ban.

We're off to see Midnight Tango tonight in Manchester with my mum - Littlewid you'll appreciate who I mean - it's got Flavia and Vincent from Strictly so should be a great show. My mum feels well enough to go and I feel sure it will make her feel better as she loves anything to do with dance.

Have a great rest of the day everyone.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs on Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:36 pm

Sounds like the rain is very much needed down south, can't believe they are speaking about a hosepipe ban until possibly December affraid That's definitely one of the benefits of living in Scotland, nae chance of that happening up here Laughing

Hope the grass is growing in no time LW with the downpours you've had.

Looking forward to hearing how Midnight Tango was Lai Pai, I think it's coming up here next month or so. Hopefully as you say it will make your mum feel better if she is well enough to go :)
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:21 pm

Midnight Tango was really brilliant Doogs. I know it's really only Littlewid and me who are avid Strictly fans but this was way beyond that.

Argentine tango done properly is amazing to watch. Flavia and Vincent were joined by 5 other couples and a proper Argentine band. It wasn't just dancing but had a storyline to it and we (even Pete) really enjoyed it. My mum was so pleased she made the effort to come out despite not feeling 100%

Hoping everyone is okay, the rain is tipping down again and me and the dogs look like drowned rats affraid

Lai Pai

Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs on Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:46 pm

Glad you had a good night Lai. Checked and it is up here in July, might be something that my mum & dad would go and see as they are Strictly fans.

Poor Penny & Tamu and of course you Lai being soaked Rain It's pretty miserable up here as well but thankfully no snow !!!
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:25 pm

alien alien alien alien Thats me being green with envy over Midnight Tango I can imagine it was amazing Lai, Vincent and Flavia are just out of this world when they dance.......I so miss strictly but I bet this was on another level completely I'm glad you all enjoyed it and that your mum was able to go, I too would have gone whether I was feeling 100% or not, they are not to be missed. Hopefully your mum will be feeling better soon, I have had that dreaded cold and it knocked me for six last week and i'm still trying to get over it properly so I can imagine it must have hit your mum hard.

We were predicted heavy rain, thunder and hail today, well it rained a bit but we have also had loads of sunshine, so they got that a bit wrong for here, but it sounds a bit awful where you are Lai and Doogs too, I just keep thinking it's not nice for us or the dogs but at least the gardens and plants are getting watered

Just had the carpet man round to measure for a stair carpet, I took mine down when bentley was really ill as it was lifting a bit and he was at risk of falling down and I never got it replaced because I knew I would decorate, so now I will have a new carpet up the stairs next week it will be odd to have quiet stairs again The summer house comes on Monday so I am praying for dry weather, I don't want them saying they can't put it up No

Hope everyone is ok and having a good week.

littlewid-x- Very Happy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy on Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:01 pm

I would love to go and see Vincent and Flavia in Midnight Tango, they are such amazing dancers.

The weather this week has been horrid, lots of rain and more rain Raining Raining Raining Raining Raining

A bit of excitement this afternoon, construction workers found what they said was an 'incendiary device' buried in a bit of waste ground just down the road from work. Apparently it was the site of a munitions factory in WW1 and WW2 and they carried out a controlled explosion. Theyve now confirmed it was WW2 anti tank phosphorous grenades

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-17772657
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:30 am

Fingers crossed it doesn't rain all Monday Littlewid and you can get your summer house installed, should be lovely when it's done and the new carpets will finish of everything perfectly. I bet your glad it's almost all finished now!

We've got a mild dry ish day today but we're off to London for the weekend as it's Pete's birthday today. We're going to see Singin' in the rain tonight (seems appropriate) and to the London Bird Fair at Barnes tomorrow with our friend and my best safari travelling friend, Ali - so we are hoping for a dry day.

Wow PPH - it all seems to happen where you are What a Face what a find and how lucky everyone was okay. I must ask my son Tom about it, he is working in Banbury at the moment.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone

Doogs I am not sure when your birthday is but I hope I don't miss it - if I do have a wonderful day and enjoy yourself drunken

Lai Pai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs on Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:54 pm

LW, your house must look completely different after all you’ve done to it and now a new carpet and Summer House – by the time that’s done it will be like living in a new home, without the hassle of moving Cool Will keep my fingers crossed for you that it stays dry on Monday.

PPH you’ve had it very Rain as well, looks like we’re all getting it. Oooh that is a bit of excitement on a Thursday afternoon “three World War II phosphorus grenades” and there’s “likely to be more” !!!

Ha ha Lai, going to see Singin' in the Rain is very appropriate at the moment ! Hope you enjoy the show, the Bird Fair and Pete has a lovely birthday.

We’re heading down to Ayr for the races tomorrow as it is Scottish Grand National day. Hopefully it will stay dry but I think the thermals will need to be looked out as I’m sure it will be a bit chilly !!

Sssssh Lai, birthday Monday Embarassed – very Scottish girl born on a very English day !!! Wink

Have a good weekend everyone
Doogs drunken
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:21 pm

Great everything is coming together at last LW. Fingers X for Monday. Looks like everyone's going to have a great weekend, not sure why you need to go to London to Sing in the Rain Lai thought you would have had enough . Good luck for the races Doogs, never mind about the English day we know your a See you Jimmy Girl through, and through. Hope all your weekends go with a BANG.
affraid affraid Except yours PPH, sorry did'nt think Twisted Evil
WS

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:38 am

Morning everyone

Doogs - glad I didn't miss your birthday. Hoping it won't be all work and no play for you today.

How was the Scottish GN ? Hope you had a great day.

Singin' in the rain was very good. Luckily we weren't in the first 6 rows - they got soaked twice!!! Very funny to watch the audience reaction.

The London Bird Fair was brilliant. A new one organised by both Wildlife Whisperer and the Wetlands centre. We also went to the lecture which was Simon King talking about the Peregrines nesting at Charing Cross hospital, also checking the live cam while he was on stage as the chicks are about to hatch. He showed us the City fox cam and talked about all aspects of British birds and wildlife - it was a great talk and we really enjoyed the whole Bird Fair. I bought a great thing called Bird Mike - so hoping to learn all the bird songs now - Laughing well hoping to be able to ID a few anyway!

I've put the links to the Peregrine cam and fox cam under Wildlife Whisperer.

Lai Pai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:46 am

Good Morning Everyone

Even though its a Raining Rain Raining Rain day here today, hope it's better where you all are.

You are right Doogs the house is looking like a new one, just waiting for the summer house to arrive this morning, typical that it's pouring with rain though affraid
How did the racing go? did you back any winners?......bet you did as you seem very good at picking them, fingers crossed you had a good time and I hope you have a wonderful day today......hopefully you are not working.

That was a bit of luck not sitting in the front row at Singing in the rain Lai, hope those people weren't going for a meal afterwards What a Face Hope Pete had a good birthday.
The Bird fair sounds brilliant, I would love to hear Simon King talk and the cams sound brilliant, I will surely check them out and we will all be coming to you now for bird identification calls Very Happy

Men have arrived to put up the summer house now and it really is tipping it down, I feel quite sorry for them but also glad it is going up.

Have a good day everyone

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:33 am

Great that they've turned up despite the weather Littlewid. Hoping the sun comes out and you get to enjoy your new summer house soon.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy on Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:07 pm

princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:17 pm

affraid Flippin eck PPH, I wonder how many they are going to find. Hope they clear it all up soon for you
WS

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy on Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:19 pm

well they did say that they used to store them in the factory in boxes of 20!!!!

I certainly wouldnt want to buy the houses they are building, god knows what you'd find in the garden
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs on Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:01 pm

Wink WS - glad you think I'm a see you Jimmy girl through and through - you are absolutely correct :)

The Scottish Grand National was good, both Ian and I managed to back the winner in the big race. He's called Merigo and he's an absolute Like a Star @ heaven He was first in the race 2 years ago, 2nd last year and now 1st again this year Like a Star @ heaven We also had another winner each so a good day bounce

Good to hear you and Pete had a good weekend in London. Singing in the Rain sounds like it was good if not - WET Laughing and you obviously both had a good time at the Bird Fair.

Is the Summer House up and finished now LW ? Will that be everything done once that's up ?

Good grief PPH, that place is booming with munitions affraid

Another Rain day up north today Crying or Very sad
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:19 am

Good Morning Everyone

Well it's another Raining Rain Raining day here today and I think this is how our week is going to be, but hey ho, nothing we can do about it.
Off with my mum this morning to collect a chair she has ordered.......got to figure out how to get the seats in my car down though so I can get it in scratch
Yep the summer house got put up Doogs and it's lovely, not that I have used it yet with all this rain and the birds are eating lots of ants and worms that are appearing with the rain, so the feeder is a little quiet. The summer house is right by the feeder so I can sit in there and watch the birds and hopefully take some nice pictures. All I am waiting for now is my stair carpet and also my new sofa and a chair for the lounge then thats it for a while. I want to do my bathroom but that would mean moving out for a while so that one is on hold for a bit.

Glad you and Ian got to back some winners that always makes the day worth while

Cricky PPH, it all goes on where you are affraid it all sounds a bit scary though, lets hope they find all the stuff and the place is made safe for everyone, not sure I would want to go walking round there and like you say, buy a house either No

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy on Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:53 pm

All I can say about today is Raining Raining Raining Raining
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:51 pm

I Agree PPH - Raining Rain and more Rain

Littlewid I hope that new summerhouse is waterproof! Fingers crossed you can sit and enjoy the birds from inside soon.

A new bathroom sounds like more upheaval - affraid

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum