Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Welcome to everyday Lets Talk

Post  littlewid on Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:50 pm

Sounds like we have been having similar weather PPH, although I must say, it poured over night but today it has been sunny but lots of strong wind as well, but thats better than getting soaked all the time.

Mmmmm the summer house Lai, looks lovely but today I opened the door and now it won't shut affraid I got on the phone to the company and they said Wednesday was the earliest they could get here, well by then with all the weather we are having and the wind, it would be totally wrecked, drenched and possibly without a door; so I said they could come and take it down and I would have a refund as it was faulty, well, low and behold they can come tomorrow to fix it........only problem is it's at 7.15 in the morning affraid ......guess who's got to get up 5am to be ready by then........lupus joints are no good in the morning.....the brains always dead at that time of the morning so theres no excuse for that

Have a good evening everyone
littlewid-x-........who's going to bed dead early tonight Sleeping Very Happy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:06 pm

Thats a real shame LW after all the waiting, good for you taking a firm stand with the company, one thing to check is if the door fixings has moved, and thats caused the door not to shut, and not that the door has swelled with the rain, if its swelling then the timber is not sealed properly. Hope they fix it OK for you.
WS

Admin

http://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:25 am

affraid Evil or Very Mad Littlewid - that's really bad news. Good for you for getting them out, and I hope they can sort out the problem!

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:03 pm

Thanks for the advice and PM WS Very Happy Sadly my getting up mega early was a waste of time, as by 8am they were not here, got a phone call about 8.15 to say they had broken down and would be here between 2 & 3, well by 3.30 I was beginning to question this so phoned the office, apparantly they were just finishing a job ten miles away and would be here by 4.30......i'm not going to hold my breath......could be dangerous

Had the man out to see about getting some shutters for my kitchen window and patio doors, he was a nice man, and came early lol! so in about 10 weeks they should be here and up.

Been a lovely sunny day today and not too windy either.......only me moaning about workmen lol!

Hope everyone has had a good day.

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:21 pm

No poor you Littlewid - what a waste of time that was!

Hopefully they'll turn up soon and you can have a relaxing weekend enjoying it in the sunshine.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:35 pm

Quick update. Two young guys arrived at 4.30 and the door is now sorted ........Happy Days

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:43 pm

Glad its sorted LW, you dont need anymore problems you've had enough. All you need now is some good weather to enjoy it
WS

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:46 pm

Yeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh - result and great news Littlewid.

Now you just need to sit down and relax for the weekend and watch those birds

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:46 pm

Good Afternoon All Very Happy

What a weekends weather we have had, yesterday was a mixture of Rain, Sunshine and then yesterday evening it started with a massive down pour and very strong winds. This turned into a gale overnight and torential rain and it has gone on all day, until now, we have a mixture of sunshine and down pours.
Lots of trees have come down and the roads have all been pretty flooded.
One of my bird houses got blown over and came apart but I have now mended that, one little bird seemed to be looking for shelter this morning and was hanging around where the house normally is but it was too awful to try and put it together at that point, which was a shame but the little bird eventually flew off and i'm hoping he found shelter elsewhere. Thankfully the bird feeder stayed upright and I don't know how but all the feeders stayed on it as well. Amazingly they say tomorrow is going to be very sunny and hot, how extreme is that.

Lara and Kian were staying with my mum overnight and it was far too windy to let her drive her little 107 this morning, plus she hates driving in bad weather, so I picked them all up and took them out for coffee and juice and as always ended up buying toys and glittery posters for their bedrooms, they win me over all the time

Going to take Nero out for a walk in a minute......whilst it's dry.....fingers crossed it doesn't pour again whilst we are out.

Hope everyone has had a good weekend and better weather.

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Same here with the weather, the bird feeders are hanging on, just, and the birds are all over the place, poor things, it is horrible out there, wet, windy and cold.

Pete's walking the dogs now Very Happy aren't I lucky?

Let's hope the weather changes tomorrow.

Have a good evening everyone.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:51 pm

I decided to move our birdfeeder stand, after it blew over in the last strong winds we had. Its in a patio umbrella stand made of marble, and really heavy, but it still went over. I took it out of the stand, and lent it by the back door, its out of the wind, and the birds can still get to it. Only thing is we have to remember when we go out or we bang out nuts on the nuts What a Face .
Forgot to say, that our first pair of migrating Swallows, arrived back from South Africa last Sunday. I do'nt think they read the weather forcast
The only thing I have to say about the weather, apart from the gales is
Raining Raining Raining Raining Raining Raining
And More
Raining Raining Raining Raining Raining Raining
The pond where we live is overflowing and running down the lane to the main road, coming home was like driving up a log flume the wrong way affraid

WS

Last edited by whitestarling on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  princesspurplehippy on Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:23 pm

Raining Raining Raining Raining Raining Raining Raining Raining Raining Raining and more Raining Raining Raining Raining Raining Raining Raining Raining Raining Raining Raining

some good news is that they told me on friday that they have had approval to extend my contract for another month. Not the perm job I wanted but at least its work
princesspurplehippy

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling on Tue May 01, 2012 1:09 pm

Well that is good news PPH, but I do'nt know how you cope with it going on so long.
It must be like living on a knifedge all the time.
We had a good day weather wise yesterday, but today is drab, and miserable
WS

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Tue May 01, 2012 5:42 pm

Sorry I missed your post about your job PPH. I am pleased for you too but as WS says, it must be tough living from month to month, I wish for you they would hurry and decide if it can be a permanent position for you, it would make life much easier, fingers crossed that will happen soon for you.

littlewid-x-

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia on Wed May 02, 2012 4:37 pm

Hello everyone

What a change in the weather, finally some sunny and it's warm, hoping wherever you are it's the same, and you haven't got the flood warnings.

Great news PPH, well not the best I guess but at least they've extended your contract, perhaps they'll keep doing that but it must be unsettling for you.

Definite signs of spring here now, Mrs Duck is in our garden with ??? ducklings. Very exciting to see her here but now the dogs can't go out into the back garden while they are here. Not sure how many but looked like 6 + We'll have to open the gate into the woods so they can go back to the river safely.

Two partridge in the field as well, we're hoping they are breeding but I don't know much about partridge or their habits Very Happy

The bluebells look a bit better today, they had a serious flattening with all that rain and wind, it's such a shame as they are normally so beautiful.

Going to spend the evening watching all the fox cams cheers

Have a great rest of the day everyone.

Lai
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid on Thu May 03, 2012 5:01 pm

Afternoon All Very Happy

How lovely to have your duck and ducklings Lai, any chance of getting some pics before they go back to the woods? I bet Penny and Tamu are itching to get out in the garden aren't they.
We haven't seen our ducks at all and I don't think they appeared last year either, not sure what has happened to them as they used to be as regular as clock work.

I'm not too hot on Partridge either and haven't seen any round here as yet in the fields either.

Shame the Bluebells have got a bit flattened, they are lovely flowers, lets hope the rain eases off so they have a good chance of recovering.

Wet here again today, in fact it's been quite grey all day, the lawns are looking lovely but it would be nice if it stopped for a while.

I will be looking at the cams again later this evening, had a quick look on a few of them now but will settle down for a good old long look later.

Have a good evening everyone.
littllewid-x-

-------

http://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net/viewtopic.forum?t=1671

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

View previous topic View next topic Back to top