Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SHES BACK!!!!!! The Lady Returns

+2
Laikipia
Safari Maiden
6 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

SHES BACK!!!!!!  The Lady Returns - Page 6 Empty Re: SHES BACK!!!!!! The Lady Returns

Post  littlewid Thu May 22, 2014 8:55 pm

Thanks for all that info WS  cheers 

I have just been watching the cam and Lady was on the nest, she had been calling quite frantically for her partner.

Such a clear picture of the nest and Lady
SHES BACK!!!!!!  The Lady Returns - Page 6 Lady2_10
Busy calling and looking for her partner
SHES BACK!!!!!!  The Lady Returns - Page 6 Lady3_10
He's got to be somewhere
SHES BACK!!!!!!  The Lady Returns - Page 6 Lady4_10
Are you looking at me
SHES BACK!!!!!!  The Lady Returns - Page 6 Lady5_10
Dads in with food in the background and mums off the nest......2 eggs
SHES BACK!!!!!!  The Lady Returns - Page 6 Lady6_10
Dad getting ready to take over
SHES BACK!!!!!!  The Lady Returns - Page 6 Lady7_10
Dads on the nest
SHES BACK!!!!!!  The Lady Returns - Page 6 Lady8_10

So lovely to see it all going so well.
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

SHES BACK!!!!!!  The Lady Returns - Page 6 Empty Re: SHES BACK!!!!!! The Lady Returns

Post  Doogs Mon May 26, 2014 1:21 pm

Thanks for the info WS and the pictures LW, very clear and great shots.

Hopefully there will be some good news soon . . .
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon May 26, 2014 3:48 pm

Thanks Doogs. I looked in yesterday and was quite worried as there was no-one on the nest and I couldn't see the eggs but this is why. This news has just gone up today but it's reporting what happened yesterday the 25th.

It looks like our male has dropped the ball again. He took over incubation at 17:32 and an hour later he upped and left the nest. There were no alarm calls or anything to suggest any form of disturbance. As ever our vigilant team checked everything to be absolutely sure and it looks like he just took himself off. The eggs were left unattended for over an hour and half before the female returned. It’s likely she was elsewhere and didn’t realise he’d left the nest as she is now incubating the eggs. We are now very concerned about their viability as they’ve been left for so long. However we are grateful for small mercies in that a crow didn’t spot them and come in for another snack. It’s possible the clump of moss he put on the nest last night, which is obscuring the camera’s view of the eggs, is hiding them out of sight from others.

I know how worried everyone will be but we’ll just have to watch and wait and see what happens next. Fingers crossed.

Lindsey

I have just looked in again and now the eggs are being incubated again.

SHES BACK!!!!!!  The Lady Returns - Page 6 Lady9_10
lets hope the moss the male put over the eggs has kept them ok and they will still be viable

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon May 26, 2014 6:28 pm

Great pics LW, and thanks for the update. I'm keeping my fingers X, but it's starting to get a bit desperate I think

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue May 27, 2014 12:52 pm

Yes this is all slightly concerning but here's hoping all will turn out ok in the end  SHES BACK!!!!!!  The Lady Returns - Page 6 431638 
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:01 pm

Osprey News 31st May: No Eggs Hatched- What Next?

Posted on May 31, 2014 by rangeremma
The Scottish Wildlife Trust
So folks, the sad reality is that we do not have any hatched eggs on our osprey nest at Loch of the Lowes this year. With all the eggs now well past their normal incubation cut off dates ( all well over 40 days) , we have to accept the reality that, barring a miracle, we will not have chicks this year. Whilst sorely disappointing for us all , this is a natural phenomenon and something we will just have to accept.

We must remember that this is only the second time in 24 years that this female has failed to hatch chicks so this is not something we have seen often here. The last time was in 2011 so we don’t have a lot of precedent to go by, in terms of what to expect . What we must remember is that this is a great opportunity to study their behaviour and add to our osprey knowledge.

As one of our osprey watch volunteers said this afternoon, we should all focus on the fact that we have our beloved veteran female osprey here at all this year, and enjoy watching her because who knows if this will be her last year? We will all also be able to follow the osprey breeding season on other nests where many of our friends and colleagues at other UK sites on Wildlife Trust, RSPB, Forestry Commission reserves etc are having better luck than us this year!

Sad but I certainly agree with that last paragraph

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:57 am

Thanks for the update WS. That is such sad news but also nature so we have to accept it. Let's hope it is not her last year and that next year she returns and is successful.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:00 pm

Sad news indeed WS but these things happen and the main thing is Lady is still alive and the public have enjoyed seeing her for another year.

Thanks for letting us know.
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6