Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'African Cats' - Disneynature

+3
Doogs
Laikipia
Safari Maiden
7 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

'African Cats' - Disneynature - Page 7 Empty Re: 'African Cats' - Disneynature

Post  Laikipia Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:41 am

'African Cats' - Disneynature - Page 7 768480 Ronnie - you're a Like a Star @ heaven that's great that everyone can now watch it. Can't wait for WS to catch up so we can have a good old albino albino albino

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:10 pm

Yes come on WS, sit down with Mrs S and a cuppa and get watching......the perfect remedy to get over a poorly toothache 'African Cats' - Disneynature - Page 7 768480

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:04 pm

I Agree Littlewid. African Cats and No Boddys Here! while you get over the toothache rules is rules

Lai Laughing
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:11 pm

Nooooo Bodisis is needs fanks still onze hotytodys Hic fanks toos LAAAIa advices drunken drunken . drunken
Will proberbly watch it tomorrow, when my tooths settled down, cant albino albino witha sore mouth 'African Cats' - Disneynature - Page 7 40683
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:16 pm

You the man WS - you'll love it when you're better and can watch it without a thumping tooth What a Face

Lai Shocked
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:26 pm

Good idea WS, we want you albino albino albino without a sore mouth and preferably without a hangover drunken drunken 'African Cats' - Disneynature - Page 7 40683 'African Cats' - Disneynature - Page 7 40683

Enjoy the film WS, you and Mrs S will love it 'African Cats' - Disneynature - Page 7 768480

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:10 am

Ok Guys I've now watched it, did it in two parts. Sorry to keep you all waiting What a Face especialy Ronnie who's had the patience of a Saint, after watching it so long ago, and not saying anything, and without whos help we would'nt have been able to watch it. So Guys let the
albino albino albino begin
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RMorr50912 Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:40 am

WS glad you finally got to feeling well enough to enjoy the movie. Were you able to get the cable you wanted? Oh now I know what I'll be watching tonight! Gotta refresh my memory! I'm sure the blabbing will start tomorrow! Looking forward to it!

Ronnie
RMorr50912
RMorr50912

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:56 am

'African Cats' - Disneynature - Page 7 768480 glad you have watched it WS and hopefully you got your catch up last night Ronnie.......I will join in all the albino albino albino when I get in from work 'African Cats' - Disneynature - Page 7 853843 'African Cats' - Disneynature - Page 7 853843

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:27 am

Oh no - I need to watch it again so I can join in .............. Rolling Eyes

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:47 pm

bounce Hurry up and watch it again Lai so we can start albino albino albino Very Happy

One thing I must admit to though is that all through he film I couldn't get used to the name changes, as I was watching everytime they said a name I kept thinking Notch, Honeys Boys etc, I just couldn't get used to the names, but I suppose thats because we know them and have followed them for so long and knew most of the situations in the film but I am sure for others the names were like genuine names.
One other little thing before Lai watches it again and we really start babbling about it......I loved the credits at the end, I think it was so well done and really involved all the stars of the film, it was a brilliant idea whosever it was.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:53 pm

'African Cats' - Disneynature - Page 7 853843 Littlewid, don't worry we can start albino albino albino anytime, I can remember it 99% - but agree re the credits they were totally brilliant.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:53 pm

One thing that really struck me was just how handsome Notch still is and how powerful he still looks and his sons are just stunning and the film really showed what a force to be reckoned with they are.

What was my happiest point in the film......when little Mya ( have I got that right) got accepted back into the pride, it must have been such a tough time on her own and I really feared she was going to be a lone Lioness and thats a hard life, so although it was my happiest bit, I was still crying but tears of relief and joy.

My saddest bit was, well there are two main ones Mya's (please correct me if I have her name wrong) mum going off to die after getting her daughter to play and be accepted by her cousins and aunts, she looked so thin and in pain but also relieved her daughter was going to be ok.
The second one was hearing Sita call for her lost cubs, that call is so heartbreaking.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:41 pm

I have'nt got time to put a lot down now, but I loved it, and as you say LW I thought the credits were brill. OK a question, does anyone know the name of Notchs son, the one that crossed the river the first time with him. He's enormous, even bigger than Notch ?
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RMorr50912 Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:35 am

Finally! I've really been biting my tongue now for a long time! So, here goes.

LW, to your first post, I didn't realize who all the cats in the film were when I first started watching. I was, of course familiar with BCD,BCW, and BCL and as I watched the movie the first time I was really thinking they looked familiar to me, but I still wasn't sure. After I watched I really put two and two together and I had to watch all over again, this time realizing I was watching cats I was familiar with. After that I totally agree, I see Notch. It was the scene with Honey's Boys that really did it for me. That is exactly the same scene shown in BCL! That's when I knew who they were. A little searching on the net and I had confirmation I was right about them. As for the credits, I loved that too. I enjoyed putting the names to the animals and the way they did it.

Now to your second post, When they showed Notch and the Boys the first time it was awesome! They all looked magnificent, and the aerial shots of the Mara are spectacular! Also I hate to do any correcting but Layla's cub was Mara. She has the most adorable facial expressions!

I have to admit one of my favorite parts of the film is when Notch and his biggest son (no WS not sure which one he is but that sounds like a new mission! I have been trying to figure out who is who among them myself) go in for the first take over attempt. Fang runs off but Layla and the rest of the girls come in and give them a pretty good whacking! That really reminded me of our Marsh Girls, exactly how they would have handled it! I'll stop here for now. There really is so much to talk about. I am really interested in finding out more about how they are doing now. We all know about Notch and Honey's Boys, but I'm really interested in knowing how Moja, Mbili and Tatu turned out, as well as Sita.

Ronnie
RMorr50912
RMorr50912

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:43 pm

Ronnie I too would love to know how Moja ,Mbili & Tatu are doing, we haven't really heard much about them since they seperated from Shakira. The scene with Honeys Boys was as you say, directly from the one shot on BCL, sad to know that now there is only two of them left.
Have we ever heard the names of Notch's Sons, i'm not sure we have, or at least I haven't.

I'm glad you corrected me on Mara's name, I knew I had it wrong (i'm a bit hapless with names sometimes Embarassed ) and you are right, she had such a sweet face full of expression.

Another scene that had me on the edge of my seat and my heart pounding was when the adolescent boys got chased out on the take over and they had to cross the river, facing the crocodiles, and then when one of them had the tussle with one I was sure that was it, the relief when both of them got out alive the other side was enormous, that was a bit of a heart stopper.

One thing I must say, is obviously it was the American version with Samuel L Jackson narrating and I think he did a fab job, I like him anyway but I really do think he was a good choice.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RMorr50912 Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:38 pm

OK, I've done a little looking around, I knew Notch's sons all are named as I'm sure others do. They are Ron, Ceasar, Notch II and Grimace. The largest one with Notch in the first take over attempt is Notch II I think.

Ronnie
RMorr50912
RMorr50912

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:52 pm

I knew Notchs Boys were named as well, but I was'nt sure which one crossed with Notch the first time, could'nt remember all the names at the time, but I knew there was Notch 11, and Grimace. You've got one named after you Ronnie 'African Cats' - Disneynature - Page 7 40683 . Notch 11 is massive, when you looked at him next to Notch. I think the general consensus is that three of them are sons of Notch, and one is a close relative. I think thats Grimace as he does tend to go off on his own at times.
There has'nt been hardly any news on Moja ,Mbili & Tatu at all, I know they stuck together for a short time after they went on their own. Also I have'nt heard much about Shakira/Sita either. I knew straight away that it was them in the film, the clip from BCL was unforgettable, I'll never forget how those three Cubs stood up to Hoenys Boys, especialy the one that did'nt run, and just sat there spitting at the Boys. Perhaps another mission to see if there has been any news on them, and Shakira.
Some of the filming was majical, I loved the shots where they show the eyes. The concentration, and focus in them is amazing. I will comment some more, after the weekend, when I've a bit more time. Glad at last you can let your passion run free Ronnie.
WS

Ps Found a clip of Honeys Boys, and the attack on the Cubs, just to show its the same clip.
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RMorr50912 Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:34 am

That's exactly the clip WS. When I saw that scene everything started to click for me. I also agree they aren't all Notch's sons, but are related. I've been talking to Rich Smith from the BCF page about it today and I think we are all well aware of his knowledge of these guys! He will get back to me again but about 99% positive Notch and Notch II were the first two over the river. Funny you say I got one named after me, Onesmus just tagged a pic for me on FB of Ron last week. He's almost as good looking as Notch himself! I had to change my profile pic on FB!

LW, I was at the edge of my seat watching the young males cross the river too! So relieved when they finally made it across. Don't get me wrong, I think Samuel L Jackson is a great actor, and I love his movies. I just think if they were going to use an American narrator a better voice for storytelling to me would have been Morgan Freeman. He just has a smooth style that I think would have really worked well.

WS, I also agree the camera work was absolutely brilliant, but with the crew they had with Simon King, Sophie Darlington and the like that is exactly what you get! They really did a great job capturing the intensity of the scenes, and still being a Disney movie you know the hard parts to watch are never gonna be that bad compared to most other documentaries.

One scene that kinda sticks in my mind is one of the first scenes when Sita is full speed after a Tommy and when she trips it up you can almost see sheer terror in the look on it's face. To see a cheetah at full on run in really clear slow motion was really intense!

I'll stop here for now, there's plenty more to say but I'll save it for another day.

Ronnie
RMorr50912
RMorr50912

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:22 am

Just had a thought. I've sent a message to Simon Kings Wildlife Whisperer site to ask if they could ask Simon which one of Notchs Sons it was, as you say Ronnie Rich Smith is very knowledgable on Notch, and Co, but I thought it might be worth trying, so I'll see if we get anything back
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RMorr50912 Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:04 am

That's a good idea WS. He would certainly be able to tell for sure. Hopefully you'll get a quick response. I really want to be able to figure out who each of them is before it's all said and done. Notch and Grimace are unmistakable but the others I'm not as sure who's who.

Ronnie
RMorr50912
RMorr50912

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:34 pm

I agree about Morgan Freeman Ronnie, his voice is amazing but over here we have some adverts and they do a take on Morgan Freeman as More Than Freeman, it's an insurance advert and sadly if it had been MF narrating I am sure thats all I would have been able to think about, so for this one i'm glad they used SLJ, but yes MF is brilliant.

I tell you what gave me a giggle in the film ( sorry you and WS are doing all the detective work whilst i'm reminiscing on the film) was the little turtle that got to be the play thing for Mara and then ended up on his back......I hope he managed to right himself.

That scene of Sita chasing the Tommy was just breathtaking, apart from the speed of the Cheetah you can see how agile they are and I was just fascinated by the way their spine and hips just bend and stretch with such ease, they are so flexible its astonishing.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:08 am

Missed a couple of days and now I am waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind with this thread. I loved the whole film, very Disney for sure but the camera work was superb. Sophie D did masses of it and did a superb job, she really knows her stuff.

Every time I saw Notch and his boys it gave me goose bumps they are such magnificent, powerful cats.

I've more to say later but must work now :study:

Lai

Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:59 am

Following on what Ronnie, and LW said about Jackson, and Morgan Freeman. I think Jackson did a good job of it, and as LW says in the UK it would be difficult hearing Morgans voice to get away from his TV advert here. I would have loved it to be an African voice doing the naration, I really think that would have gone really well with the Film
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RMorr50912 Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:02 am

WS you know that would have been the way to go. Not sure if anyone here has seen it, but the man who narrated the Kevin Richardson movie "White Lion" was excellent. His name is John Kani. He is a South African actor and he has a very distinctive voice. His voice really set the story in that movie. He would have been an excellent choice.

Ronnie
RMorr50912
RMorr50912

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next