Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Members Introductions

+38
WMTravellers
cruciger
atb224155
cloudy
Trackerintraining86
mickeysutube
melikr
ForWildlife
tigerfan2013
Cremecat
redparka
gregrowlerson
blue river
Safariman
cheetahlover
AfricaInside
allaboutsongs
Mara Mad
radhu
Dnyanada Kulkarni
simbat
LalaPetush
RMorr50912
redroxy888
xxx leopard crasey xxx
svisak
Tarangire_Trekker
markymarc1979
tatyana
liongirl92
wilderness
tigermilk
minnie87
Anne-Marie1981
Monica
Doogs
princesspurplehippy
Safari Maiden
42 posters

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

New Members Introductions - Page 5 Empty Hello Everyone

Post  RMorr50912 Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:49 pm

Hello all My name is Ronnie and I live in the US in Virginia. I am 42 years old and at one time had 3 dogs, 4 cats, 2 chinchillas, and 2 fish tanks with various species. My best dog was Brandi aka Baby Girl. She was a Rott/Shepherd mix and the sweetest dog I've ever had. Her best buddy was Cody aka Poop Dog, a pure breed Pomeranian. It was absolutely hilarious to watch those two play and the big dog usually took the most abuse! Dixie is the last of those and is a now 12 year old Basset Hound. Chance aka Rotten(the nickname is self explanatory Lol!) was my first cat. We named him Chance because we "bailed him out" of the pound but he very soon earned the nickname as he was spoiled rotten! My remaining cats are Purrmite, she has the loudest purr motor I've ever heard but she can be a little on the mean side, Boogie Monster, I found her at work hiding under a car as a tiny kitten and could not just leave her. She can usually be found under my bed, hence the name. The Boogie Monster is real and lives under my bed! Last but far from least is Sylvester aka Mr. Piggles. He will eat almost anything you have if you're not paying attention! He is always playing with the Pit Bull, those two are like Milo and Otis! One Chinchilla still left but he's also 12 now and I know his time is getting short.

My favorite animals are easily the Big Cats of Africa and I would be hard pressed to choose one over the other as a favorite. The majesty and sheer power of the lion, and it's ability to be so gentle with the cubs yet take down a buffalo amazes me. The speed and grace of the cheetah, an animal that can out accelerate a sports car! Again last but far from least the leopard. They go up a tree as easily as they walk the Earth and the amounts they can haul up there with them out of harms way is a testament to their power.

I first got very interested when I found Big Cat Diary. The way that was done just kept me waiting for the next episode and then when the show ended I found myself wondering what happened to the animals. Here in the states we did not get all the episodes that were shown in the UK, but I've since found alot on the web. I have just recently realized there are plenty of others like me who try to keep up with how the animals are doing even after the shows end. I've seen recent pictures of Legadema and heard that Ma Di Tau has had more cubs. I try to find what I can about Lady Liuwa but haven't seen any new info lately. That is how I came to find this forum, Jackson's Blog and Jonathan Scott's as well. I recently signed up on those and think I see some familiar names here.

I would someday love to see Africa myself, Masai Mara in particular, but not sure if I'll ever make it. It makes info I can find from sources like these forums that much more important.

Hope that's not too long winded but it's a start. Thanks to everyone for all the amazing posts.

Ronnie.
RMorr50912
RMorr50912

Back to top Go down

New Members Introductions - Page 5 Empty Re: New Members Introductions

Post  Laikipia Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:58 am

Welcome to WAA Ronnie

You've certainly got an amazing collections of pets. We'd love to see some photos when you have time.

There's plenty to see on this forum and a whole section dedicated to Africa with plenty of updates on the big cats. As you say it's such a shame BCD is no longer being filmed but we are lucky enough to get repeats from time to time on Animal Planet. If you go to the blog section you'll find quite a few people who update on what's going on in the Mara.

My favourite big cat is the leopard and I've always been very lucky with sightings. We've a WAA camera section and 3 of us who have recently been to Kenya/Zambia have posted lots of photos of our trips.

If you need any help with anything please ask anyone from Admin/Moderators.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:24 pm

WELCOME TO WAA

Welcome to WAA Ronnie, sounds like a great collection of Pets you've got there. Love the AKA names New Members Introductions - Page 5 40683 Chance, and Purmite were really lucky that you found them, and they now have such a great home.
As you say its so difficult to choose a favourite Big Cat, they all have so much going for them. Mine although not in Africa is the Tiger, but I love all the others as well.
The latest news we have on Lady Liuwa is on this link on the forum
https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net/t782-lady-liuwa-update

And there are some videos of her which you may have already seen on this link
https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net/t251-the-last-lioness-embedded-video.

I'm not sure if you have seen the Marsh Pride lions on the BCD series, but there has recently been a takeover of the Pride, and we have updates on the forum. If you need any help finding those, just shout, and one of us will help, and if there's anything else we can help with like possting photos or anything just let us know

WS

whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:03 pm

Hi Ronnie, welcome to the Forum :newbies:

WOW what an assortment of animals you have there, brilliant and I just love all their names Cool

I too love the Big Cats of Africa which is why we are returning to Kenya this year for the 5th time to see them. I also find it very hard to split which one I like best, they are all unique and special in their own way. We will certainly try to keep you up to date with what is happening out in the Mara as we all scan various blogs and keep each other up to date with what is happening out there, our Forum is good for that.

As Lai has said, if you go to our WAA Camera Club Section you will see some of your favourites (and a whole lot more) from Big Cat Diary that a few of us took last year.

Please feel free to join in any threads, you are more than welcome and we would love to hear more from / about you.

Doogs Cheetah
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:56 pm

Hi Ronnie

Welcome to the forum New Members Introductions - Page 5 768480 and firstly, never think that any post is too long winded, we all love to chat and it's great to have someone else here who loves to talk, so you talk as much as you like.

You have an amazing array of animals and it would be great to see some photo's when you have time to post some, we all love seeing and getting to know each others pets.

I have three cats called Tiga, Sparkles and Splodge and one dog called Nero, they all keep me busy and give me loads of love and laughs.....where would we be without our pets.

I love all the Big Cats and like all the others followed BCD avidly, however, like WS my favourite big cat has always been the Tiger, but truth be known, I am passionate about them all.

Enjoy looking around the site and as the others have already said, please join in where you want, chat as much as you want and if there is anything you want to ask, please feel free to ask one of us, we will gladly help if we can.

Have fun and it's great to have you here.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RMorr50912 Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:17 am

Thanks for the warm welcome. I would've responded a bit sooner but had trouble with the net the last few days.

@Doogs Going for the 5th time? I envy that. I know it's gotta be a life experience. I'd love to go just once, but to be able to return and see how everything's going over time is great.

@WS Thanks for the updates on Lady Liuwa. That is the last I'd seen. I thought they were letting the new lionesses out by now and had hoped to hear how they were getting along. Hopefully Lady and the Boys will get along with the new girls just fine. Yes I knew about the trouble with the Marsh Pride. It's sounds as if Romeo has lost his last battle and is gone now. The only thing more sad than that is that I'm afraid Clawed, though for now still alive, will meet the worst fate. He's injured, missing many teeth and I fear an agonizing end. They protected the pride well for many years and both deserve a warriors end.

To bring things up again though Shadow/Zawadi has been seen in the Mara and is believed to have 2 new cubs! As she will be 16 next month I hope she can raise them to independence. This info comes from Johnathan Scott's blog and there should be more clarification in the coming days. It has also been reported she mauled a Masai Herdsman.

Again, thanks all for the warm welcome.

Ronnie
RMorr50912
RMorr50912

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:10 pm

There's an update on the Marsh Pride, and Clawed a few days ago, from our friend AAtish who Blogs under Masia Mara Safaris on our Wildlfe Blogs section. This is the link to the Blog
http://aatishpatelsafari.blogspot.com/2012/01/marsh-pride-update.html

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

New Members Introductions - Page 5 Empty I'm new

Post  LalaPetush Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:16 pm

Hello my name is Lauren I live in the united states. I'm currently in college for wildlife management and zoology. I have a Pomeranian a Himalayan cat a Betta fish a lionhead rabbit and a sugar glider. I found this forum on google. My favorite animal is a tiger. If you have anything to say feel free Very Happy
LalaPetush
LalaPetush

Back to top Go down

Post  RMorr50912 Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:38 am

Hello Lauren and welcome! I am very new here too and have found this to be a great bunch of people with alot of good info. I'm here in the States as well. As I was told when I signed up, look around and don't be bashful, We all like to talk and hear what is going on. Looking forward to hearing more in the future.

Ronnie
RMorr50912
RMorr50912

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:51 am

Hello LalaPetush AKA Lauren

WELCOME TO WAA it's great to have you here and as Ronnie says, please feel free to join in wherever you want and don't be shy.
What an assortment of pets you have. I don't know much about Sugar Gliders except that they usually like to live in pairs, unless they have an enormous amount of interaction with the owner and that they are sociable animals and that you have to watch their diet so they don't get an imbalance of calcium and phosphorus (causes osteodystrophy). Thats my limit on keeping Sugar Gliders so maybe you could give us all a little more info on them.
With your passion for Tigers you join a few others of us on here; I love all the big cats but the Tiger has always held a special place in my heart.
When you finish college what do you hope to do?

Anyway, enjoy the forum and if there is anything you would like to know or need help with then please just ask, we are always very happy to help.

Have fun.
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:44 am

Welcome Lalapetush, great to have you with us.

Excuse my ignorance (and without having to research on google to make myself look knowledgable Wink ) what on earth is a sugar glider?

Lovely mix of animals there. I have two rescue cats, Jet and Gizmo. We have had them from kittens and they will be 7 in October this year. I have started a thread with photos in the pet section you can see them here: https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net/t63-jet-and-giz and https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net/t202-gizmo

If you have photos of your menagerie we would love to see them, just start a new thread in the pet section.

I really envy you Wildlife Management sound like my ideal job. How long is the course? I think I might be a bit past it to restart again, but it must be sooo interesting.

Take your time to look over the forum, there is just so much.

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:54 am

Welcome to the Forum Lauren, great to have you on here :newbies:

I'm with SM, I've also never heard of a Sugar Glider scratch so intrigued to find out what that is.

Great college course that you are on, that must be really interesting and very rewarding for an animal lover. What have you done so far that's been your highlight ?

Great to hear you are a Tiger lover, there's lots of us on here also in the same boat. I love them and all of the big cats, would love to go to India one day to see them.

There's something for everyone on this forum, especially if you are an animal lover. Please have a look about, feel free to post where you like and if there's anything your stuck with just ask, we're all here to help.

Welcome again and enjoy, Doogs Cheetah
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:38 am

Great to have you on the Forum Lauren, and welcome. I have to say that makes three of us on the Suger Glider. Thats something that makes the Forum so good we all learn about different things from each other. The Tiger's my favourite as well, but I find that anytime I'm watching a Big Cat on the TV its my favourite at the time.
As the others have said take your time to have look round, and feel free to join in anywhere with your posts. If you need any help with uploading photos or anything, just shout, and one of us will get back to you
WS
( Whitestarling )
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:17 pm

Good old Animal Planet was where I got my small bit of info from. I remember a programme where a lady fostered animals and a Sugar Glider was one of them. It was on it's own and she carried it a lot of the time in her pocket so it didn't become lonely and of course my ears pricked up when she said about its diet, anything about bones and my ears tune in Very Happy but more info would be good Lauren as I don't know how long they live, life in the wild or in captivity etc and what sort of things you give them to exercie them or keep them happy and like the others I don't want to do Google until we learn a little more from you.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:02 pm

Welcome to WAA Lauren.

Okay so I'll also admit, I have no idea what a Sugar Glider is, but would love to see some photos.

As everyone has said, enjoy looking round the site, there's plenty of different threads and lots of info and photos.

Sounds like a great course you're on at college - what do you hope to do when you finish?

Looking forward to your news.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

New Members Introductions - Page 5 Empty simbat

Post  simbat Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:29 pm

I'm wild about wild animals! Have lived in central and southern Africa for 20 years, visited most game parks in the region - camped with a leopard in the Kalahari, sat 6" from an elephant in Luangwa in Zambia, visited the Okavango first in 1978, when it was truly nature's paradise, had a hippo circle our rondavel in Itezhi Itezhi in Zambia, sat on the stoep of a small rondavel in Addo Elephant Park in SA nursing my first son (born in Lesotho), and that's just a sampling!
Now live in Canada, missing Africa. Plan a trip back in Sept/Oct with a small group, our first tour attempt.

simbat

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:13 pm

Welcome to WAA Simbat. Those are quite some exciting encounters you've had, I'm sure all the Guys on here would love to hear more. A few of our members recently returned fro Safari in Kenya towards the end of last year, and like you they ca'nt get enough of Africa. Have a look around the forum in your own time, if you want to know the best places to post anything, or anything else about the forum, just ask on here, and one of us will get back to you
WS
( Whitestarling ) Admin
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:09 pm

HI Simbat

Welcome to WAA, it's lovely to have you here. Sounds like you have many tales to tell from your life in Africa. The canadian wildlife must seem just so different but just as impressive. How come you moved from Africa to Canada if thats not too nosey.
If you have stories or photo's you would like to share we would love to hear and see them, learning from each others experiences is always fascinating.
I hope you enjoy the forum and please feel at home and free to join in wherever you want and ask anyone of us if there is something you would like to know. We are a friendly bunch often with a mad sense of humour but we all have a great passion for wildlife and our pets.

Have fun
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:31 pm

Hi Simbat :newbies: , welcome to the Forum cheers Well if you're wild about wild animals you've come to the right place Wink
WOW you've certainly been to a lot of places and seen some amazing things in that time Cool Would love to hear more of your stories.

What was your favourite place that you visited in africa ? Where do you intend going when you make your trip in Sept/Oct ?

I'm heading out to the Masai Mara in June for the 5th time since 2006, just love it out there. It's our first time at the Mara non migration time so we know it's going to be a bit different.

Please have a nosey about the forum and join in wherever you want, the more the merrier Very Happy

Doogs Cheetah
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:37 pm

Hello Simbat and welcome to WAA.

You've certainly has some experiences and sounds like a brilliant idea to go back for another visit.

We went to Zambia for the first time in November and loved it. We were in South Luangwa NP and had eles visiting the Lodge daily for the wild mangoes, what an experience to see.

I'm mad on Africa, especially Kenya, but also love our English wildife.

Looking forward to hearing more from you and if you need any help with anything please just ask.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

New Members Introductions - Page 5 Empty Hello!

Post  Dnyanada Kulkarni Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:50 pm

Hello everybody!
My name is Dnyanada Kulkarni. I'm from India. It feels great to join this forum. Very Happy Thank you. I found out about this forum from a friend called Sahithi Vinjamuri just few minutes back and after reading a bit about it, I decided to join. I love all animals very much. I've had all kinds of pets ever since I was a baby. I stayed in Dubai for 5 years where I had my recent pet - a kitten named Bobo. Sadly, I had to give him away to a girl who really wanted a pet and vowed to take care of him because I had to move back to India. It was the most painful thing I have done in my life. I have rescued many animals from the streets and they left when they grew up. The entire process of rescuing, fostering etc. made me and continues to make me feel very happy and complete. But I always want a chance to do more. Last year my dad found out about the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust and my happiness knew no bounds. I'm a proud foster parent of a dear elephant named Kibo. :) I am glad to be able to talk to people who love animals and I hope to learn more ways in which I can help animals in need. There is always something new to learn and I am more than glad to get the opportunity to do so. :)
Thank you!

Dnyanada Kulkarni

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:03 pm

Hi Dnyanada
Welcome to WAA. I am wondering if the friend you found out from about WAA, is a person on here from India with the username Wilderness ? who has also adopted a Baby Elle. There is a section on the forum, about the Sheldrake Trust if you have a problem finding it just let me know, and I will give you the Link. It's really sad when you have to give away a pet especially when you love them so much. I hope the person who has your Cat keeps in touch to let you how its going on.
If you need any help with anything on the forum, like posting photos or anything just ask, and we will get back to you

WS
Whitestarling
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dnyanada Kulkarni Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:30 pm

Thank you Whitestarling!
My friend is from India and she has adopted a baby elephant called Orwa. :) I just found the section about the DSWT. Its wonderful!
You are right about my cat. Parting is nothing but sorrow!!
I am still learning how to use this forum. lol! Forgive me for being so dumb, I keep getting lost. I'm sure I'll catch on quickly with all your help. :)

Dnyanada Kulkarni

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:43 pm

Yes thats who I thought it was, Wilderness. Dont worry just take your time looking around, it takes a bit of getting used to, but dont be afraid of asking about anything, the Guys on here are all friendly, and willing to help anyone, so one of us will always get back to you. One tip if you look under the yellow To Join WAA button, on the top line you will see View Posts since your last visit. If you click on that you will see all the posts including answers to your posts, since you were last on
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dnyanada Kulkarni Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:54 pm

Yes I'll definitely ask for help when I'm stuck. Thanks. :)

Dnyanada Kulkarni

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next