Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Members Introductions

+38
WMTravellers
cruciger
atb224155
cloudy
Trackerintraining86
mickeysutube
melikr
ForWildlife
tigerfan2013
Cremecat
redparka
gregrowlerson
blue river
Safariman
cheetahlover
AfricaInside
allaboutsongs
Mara Mad
radhu
Dnyanada Kulkarni
simbat
LalaPetush
RMorr50912
redroxy888
xxx leopard crasey xxx
svisak
Tarangire_Trekker
markymarc1979
tatyana
liongirl92
wilderness
tigermilk
minnie87
Anne-Marie1981
Monica
Doogs
princesspurplehippy
Safari Maiden
42 posters

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

New Members Introductions - Page 8 Empty Re: New Members Introductions

Post  littlewid Fri May 11, 2012 11:56 pm

Hi Lori
Welcome to WAA, it's lovely that you found us and you will find quite a few on here that have a huge passion for Africa too and whom visit frequently, so I am sure there will be lots of stories that can be exchanged. Hopefully you will share some of your experiences on here.
We have quite a few blogs on here that I am sure you will recognise and we try to keep up to date with them all.
I hope you enjoy the forum and will join in on all the chat thats Africa and maybe you may get a taste for British and other wildlife too, theres a wide variety on here and some good cams to watch as well.
Enjoy your time here.
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

New Members Introductions - Page 8 Empty thanks littlewid

Post  AfricaInside Sat May 12, 2012 12:03 am

thanks littlewid
I wish I could figure out how to get a photo next to my AfricaInside on the left of my posts.
Also, how do i look at blogs from people on this site? thanks so much.
AfricaInside
AfricaInside

http://AfricaInside.org

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat May 12, 2012 12:09 am

Hi Lori
on the home page at the top, you will see profile, if you click on that it will open lots of other tabs, click on Avatar, that will then give you the opportunity to load an avatar from your pictures on your PC, its easy to follow the instructions.

Again, for the wildlife blogs, go on to the home page and scroll down until you come to the section that says blogs and updates, click on that and you will see all the blogs listed on the site, then click on a blog you want to look at, click on the headings on the left hand side, they all contain the links to the blogs.

If thats not clear then just shout again......and I will send WS to the rescue Very Happy

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sat May 12, 2012 12:16 am

Hi Africainside
Welcome to WAA.
I have just checked your sight out and it looks great. I will post a link to it in Wildlife Blogs of the World. You will see there all the other Blogs we follow, if you look at the home page there are different sections, for instance there's a section for members Safari trips with photos, and their experiences, which might just suit you, as you will have been to a lot of those places I would think.
This is the link to it to save you looking
https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net/f19-members-safari-trips
WS
Whitestarling Admin
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  cheetahlover Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:08 pm

Hi, my name is Judy and I live in Lincolnshire UK. I have a grey Tabby
domestic shorthaired cat called Roo who is eyeing me up whilst I am writing this on the laptop! I have had a vaiety of animals, cats rabbits hamster guineapigs, turtle, terrapins and a large 'heinz 57' type dog(mongrel) but he was my best mate and my guardian in the short time I had him ( he wasn;t a pup, he was a rescue dog and was about 3 when I got him).
Now though I just have Roo and a n old female cat who just lodges with us - she lives down the road but seems to like it in our kitchen!
I took the name cheetah lover because I have always loved Cheetahs, they are one of my favourite animals, and theat is how I found this site, looking for information on Honeys boys, who I followed from big cat diary and big cat live. I also love wolves, horses, black bears and actually probably most living things (though not so many of the creepy crawly type!)
:) CL
cheetahlover
cheetahlover

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:58 pm

Hi Cheetahlover and welcome to WAA. It sounds like you've had an amazing number of animals!

Enjoy looking round the site we've plenty of different topics and threads and a lot on cheetahs Very Happy

If you need help with anything do ask - we're all here to help.

Lai

ps love your avatar.
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:03 pm

Hi CL
Welcome to the Forum, you sound like one of the gang already. Most of us on here came together because of BCD & BCD, and we all have our pets. Which you can see photos, and news of in the Pets section on the Home Page. Tigers are my favourite, but are closely followed by Cheetahs.
As Lai said if you need any help with anything like putting photos of your pets on, ect just ask.
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:24 pm

Hi Cheetahlover
Welcome to WAA, it is good to have you here with us. As WS says, most of us here are originally due to BCD/BCL, there is the link to African Wildlife but also a big passion on here for British Wildlife and Animals of the world. I am a huge Tiger lover with Cheetahs coming a very close second, I do infact love all big cats but I am extremely fond of British wildlife.
I have 3 cats, Tiga, Splodge and Sparkles and a Cocker Spaniel called Nero and they all give me loads of pleasure.
How great that you have a cat that likes to lodge with you, obviously your cat doesn't mind the lodger.
Please have fun on the forum and join in wherever you like and do shout if you need any help.
Welcome once again Cheetahlover

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

New Members Introductions - Page 8 Empty Safariman says Hi

Post  Safariman Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:15 pm

As my user name suggests my main interest is in safaris to Africa, watching and trying to photograph the incredible wildlife.
My favourite animals are the big (and small) cats, particularly cheetahs.
As I am retired I have plenty of time to indulge my passion but never enough money!!
My most recent trip was at the beginning of June to the Masai Mara, Kenya.
I have been lucky enough to have been able to travel to Africa a couple of times a year for the past 10 years.
I live in the U.K. in Buckinghamshire.
I found Wild about Animals on the internet when I was trying to find out about Nyota and Moja, the lioness and her cub featured on BBC Planet Earth Live, as I was lucky enough to see them on my last trip.
It seems to be inhabited by like-minded people so I thought I would join.
I have yet to sort out my Avatar
Safariman
Safariman

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:00 pm

Welcome to WAA Safariman.

I'm also mad keen on Africa, especially Kenya and big cats and all wildlife.

Enjoy looking round the forum, we've plenty of different threads and lots on Africa/safaris/photos etc.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:20 pm

Hello Safariman

WELCOME TO WILDABOUTANIMALS
It really is lovely that you found us, it's amazing what you find on a search engine isn't it Very Happy
How wonderful that you have actually seen Nyota and Moja, their story really gripped us all on Planet Earth Live, Nyota is such a plucky mum and little Moja was just adorable, when the 7 day posting rule is up it would be lovely to see any pics if you have some.

There are a few members on here that have been to the Mara a few times so you will find lots to talk about with them and the rest of us that have not been love to listen, so talk away about your Mara experiences as much as you like.

The forum has many threads with lots of different wildlife and please do join in where you want too, just jump right on in, there is no ceremony here, we are all friends and just love sharing our passion and love of animals, so just jump on board with us.

I love Big cats too but my favourite is the Tiger followed very closely by the Cheetah and Lion but I must admit I do ere on the side of British Wildlife, especially Foxes and Badgers but in all honesty my heart is drawn to all animals........but I do have to take a deep breath over creepy crawlies What a Face

Just enjoy the forum and again please do just join in and if there is anything you need to know or want to ask, just ask away, we are all more than happy to help.

Have fun
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  blue river Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:28 am

hello everyone
i'm really happy when i take part in Wild about Animal
my name is Thanh Ha. it mean blue river
in my house,i have 3 dog Scottie and a cat New Members Introductions - Page 8 327467 . my family is really love pet. Miu is my cat's name and Mot, Be, Mup are names i call my dogs
i love all wild animal.and i don't resist when seeing many wild animal are killed to exicted
so i take part in wild about animal,i hope i can do what thing for my love-animal
i was really worry about my english skill so i hope everyone help me about this problem.thank you
blue river
blue river

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:31 pm

Hi Blue River
Welcome to WAA. What a lovely name. How great that you have all your pets, most of us on here also have cats, and dogs. Dont worry about your English, your message is clear that you love all animals both pets, and wild, and we will be only to pleased to give you any help you need, so just ask anything you want to know. You will see some of our members Pets in Pet Chat Photos & Videos this is the link to save you looking.
https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net/f3-pet-chat-photos-videos
What Country are you from Thanh Ha ?. I'm form North Wales wich is part of the United Kingdom. As I said if you need any help with the forum on where to post things, or how to put photos of your pets on, anything at all just ask, andd one of us will help.
Looking forward to hearing more from you

WS
(Whitestarling)
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:57 pm

Hello Blue River

That is a lovely name and welcome to WAA, we are pleased to have you here and as WS has said, please don't worry about your English, your message was very clear but if you need any help then please just ask, we are all willing to help.
Loving the names of your animals, how old are your dogs and your cat?
Like you I love all wild life and do not enjoy seeing them killed for pleasure/fun, it is something that truely upsets me.
Looking forward to hearing more from you, so please do join in wherever you like and just have fun and enjoy the forum.
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  blue river Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:21 am

hi Ws and Littlewid-x-!
i'm verry happy when i recievered your message. i'm from Viet Nam- the nation in asia
my dog- Mot( is a word in vietnamese, it mean gray and this is color of my dog) is 4 year old. he is sulky but he is "kute" when playing with Be
Be is about 2 year old and he is mom of 3 little dog. Múm is son of Be
and Miu is my cat, he is verry lovable.espcially, he alway sleep in my mosquito-net.
i am going take many photo about my pet and sent to everybody. i'm sure you like it.hjhj.but until Tet holiday,i can do because i am studying in the place which is verry far from my house
do you use "kute" to show anything which is lovable? in my country, "kute" is verry lovable
if i write wrong word, please tell me know to correct
ri
blue river
blue river

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:19 pm

Hi Blue River and welcome to the forum cheers Lovely to have you aboard.

As WS and LW said in their posts not a problem with your English spelling, it is very impressive and we know what you are meaning even if it you might get it a little wrong at times. Put the boot on the other foot and there's no way we'd be able to write in Vietnamese !!

Great that you have so many animals, you'll fit in nicely in this form Cool We will look forward to seeing your photos once you are able to post them.

What are you studying ? and how often do you get home if it is so far away ?

We do use the word cute here in the UK but as you can see we use a c instead of the k - as they say in Africa, Hakuna Matata - No worries Very Happy

Doogs lion cub
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:58 pm

Xin chào một lần nữa Blue River
Your English is good, and as Doogs said better than our Vietnamese. Looking forward to seeing the photos of your pets, and if you need any help putting them on the Forum just ask, and we will show you how. How lovely that Miu sleeps by your mosquito-net. Luckly for us we dont need the nest although they do get a lot of midges in Scotland where Doogs lives, but not in her area I think.
Looking forward to your next post
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:46 pm

Hello again Blue River Very Happy

I think you have done so well with your English and as Doogs says, none of us would be able to write in Vietnamese.

Thank you for the little bit of information on your pets and I am looking forward to seeing their photo's and as WS has said, if you need any help with posting your photo's please just ask and one of us will always help you.

I think you are our first member from Vietnam and it is really good to have you here and I see WS has tried a little Vietnamese in his reply to you today.

You said that Mot is the word for Grey, my dog Nero is Black, what is the Vietnamese for Black please Blue River?

Looking forward to catching up more and if we say words or meanings that you don't understand please ask us to explain.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  blue river Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:08 pm

hi
in my country, it's 10:39p.m. it mean it is 1:39 p.m. i am so sorry that thing make i very hard to chat with you
i am studying university of economics Ho Chi Minh city, i go home twice a year. Crying or Very sad
in Viet Nam, we have a Tet holiday. you call Lunar new year. 10/2/2013 is Tet so until this time, i can post my photos. but can you help me how to post my photos?
ah, in vietnamese black is "đen". i very happy when you write some vietnamese word. it's so lovely :)
i saw some picture and writting( hihi i don't know how to show some page you write about animal) of doogs, littlewin... i very admine you, you can go many place and see wild animal, i have just seen they on tv or book.. Crying or Very sad
oh, it is so late, i have to go to bed. bye and hope recieved your messages
blue river
blue river

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:46 pm

Hi Blue River
You are 7 Hours ahead of us in the UK at the moment. I think when you say you saw a page showing animals of Dooga, and Littlewid you meant the page that shows their pets. If it is all you need to do is go to that page, and click the reply button as you do on this page, then post your message, and it will show up to the rest of us. If thats not the one, just put the name of the page here, and we will sort it out.
To post your pictures click on this link, and follow the instructions, do not worry if you get it wrong at first, have a few go's, then if you cant do it let us know. It's best to open two windows of Wild About Animals. One window should be the page you want to post your photo on, and the other window, the page with the instructions on.
Loading photos link
https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net/t224-how-to-upload-a-photo-from-your-pc

Chúc may mắn với các bức ảnh của bạn

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:09 am

Hi, my name is Greg. I am happy to have discovered this forum.

I am a bit of a late bloomer as far as being an animal lover goes. As a kid I had budgies for a time, and also guinea pigs, but my love for all creatures great and small has really mostly grown during the past couple of years. For the past 16 months or so I have been the proud owner of Bella, an adorable Jack Russell. I am constantly amazed at her positive attitude to life. She never fails to brighten up my day and make me smile. I have learned that dogs are the most loving of companions.

I like to write short stories sometimes, and animals often form a part of that, particularly those from Africa. I especially love leopards and giraffes. One day I hope to write a book on the creatures from this incredible land. I have never been on an African saffari, but maybe one day...

Oh, I like smileys too! I see that there are some cool ones here. Yay!

:newbies: You the man Hugs
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:00 pm

Hi Greg
I've replied to your other post, but welcome again. I think a lot of people come to appreciate wildlife later in life, as we get more time to think about what goes on around us. Your Bella sounds lovely, and lots of members have their pets, and have put photos of them on the forum in the Pet Chat Photos & Videos which you will find towards the bottom of the home page, if you would like help posting a pic of Bella just shout, and one of us will take you through it.
WOW You write stories to, I'm sure the Guys would love to read some of them. You could post them in the Lets Talk section. I've never been on Safari either, but a few of our members have, and they've posted pics, and written about there experiences. I'm sure you might get some useful information and insperation for your stories if you have a look through. This is a link to the Safari Section to save you looking
https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net/f19-members-safari-trips
I hope you enjoy being on here, and if you need any help finding anything, or doing anything on the Forum, just shout and one of us will get back to you.
Glad you New Members Introductions - Page 8 768480 to the Very Happy Very Happy New Members Introductions - Page 8 40683

WS
( Whitestarling )
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:38 pm

HI GR

I too have said a welcome on your other posting Very Happy

Glad you like the smilies and you will find they get used quite a lot in our postings Wink I think WS especially likes the You the man so we have to be careful not to use it too often :Ha:

I can't remember a time I didn't love animals, they have always been my passion and I have had many pets over the years, at the moment I have 3 cats, Tiga and Splodge who are Maine Coons and Sparkles who is my little Domestic Shorthaired and then Nero who is my Cocker Spaniel and I can not imagine not having a pet.

Bella sounds adorable and it will be lovely to see some pictures of her and hear about her antics Scottie

I love that you write stories, I can talk for England but writing a story that captivates is so hard to do, so as WS says, it would be great to read a few of them if possible.I do admire people who can take you somewhere else with their writing.

I have not been on Safari either but would love too one day but you will find Leopard photo's on here and also Giraffe ones as well.
At the moment, if you check out the thread on the home page that says Web Cams you will find a thread for Autumn, a mother Giraffe that has just given birth to Kiko, a little Male Giraffe, the cam runs most of the time and it is wonderful to watch, actually here is the link for you so you can catch up with the whole thread and the link to the cam is on the first page. I hope you enjoy.
https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net/t1883-giraffe-cam
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:51 pm

Hello again Blue River Very Happy

Thank you for letting me know what Black is in Vietnamese cheers Nero is my dog and his full name is Verluto Nero which in Italian means Black Velvet.

The time difference is hard when we are all from different parts of the world but that is also the nice thing about a forum, you can come on at anytime and if its evening in one part of the world it will be daytime in another but we will always catch up with each others posts and be able to talk to each other.

Many people study at University here and live a long way from home so only get to return home a couple of times a year like you but when you graduate from University it will be well worth it, how much longer do you have till you finish your course?

Do I understand that until you go home for Tet, you will not be able to post your pictures? we look forward to seeing them and the wait will be worth it I am sure.

I hope you are enjoying the forum Blue River and again if you need any help with anything please just ask.
littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrowlerson Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:34 pm

Thanks guys for the responses. This forum seems like a really nice place.

With the appreciation of animals thing in older age; I think it can also be to do with the fact that the other human animals are noticing us less Laughing

But also when some people retire they do have more time, and thus spend it on bird watching and other thingys.

I will be sure to post some pics of Bella; they are actually on my parents computer rather than my home laptop (I relatively recently moved out), so when I am next over there I should post some up, and make her my avatar!

Oh, I've already confirmed myself as an animal novice by spelling safari with 2 f's Head Banger I suppose that on this forum that can be considered the ultimate up New Members Introductions - Page 8 40683

Yeah, I write some pieces that include animals, though almost solely metaphorical tales, and often highly of a fantasy nature. I have never sat down and tried to write a real life, imagined (what a contradiction lol! ) story say on the savannah, though maybe I should at sometime. A major weakness in my writing is my lack of descriptive prose. Usually I just have a metaphorical message that I wish to make, and don't bother enough with 'painting a picture'. Anyhoo, I will most definitely post something up - appropriate or not - as I do love appreciation of my writing, even crave it.

WS, You the man (I will be sure to only use this smiley when paying tribute to you Very Happy )

Littlewid, I like my forum name of GR.

This will probably sound like a silly question, but do/did you ever have issues with the cats sharing/fighting over food? Or do they three of them have their separate bowls that they keep to? With Bella I can imagine her and another dog battling over 'special treats' Razz

Bella is a constant delight, and one of her antics is a typical one, from what I've heard of some other Jack Russells. When she has done bad - and she knows, she is quite smart - she rolls onto her back into a submissive, 'I'm sorry' position. Well, it is quite impossible to ever stay mad at her! And she loves to roll on her back anyway to get her stomach/chest scratched. She is also much more of a summer dog than a winter, so whilst active and loving to play (tug of wars, chase toys) she is also very cat like. She spends a lot of loving time on my lap, and is like a little heater, or hot water bottle as I like to say sometimes.

Bella loves the sun. It's especially funny when she finds a patch of sunlight inside, and lays on it. I swear, I have never known a creature to be such an expert at making herself comfortable!

Thanks for the links too peeps. GR.
gregrowlerson
gregrowlerson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next