Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pet Insurance

4 posters

Go down

Pet Insurance Empty Pet Insurance

Post  whitestarling Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:37 am

Mrs S was talking to a freind yesterday, and the conversation got on to Pet Insurance. Her freind told her about a Puppy they had at one time that started vomiting. They took it to the vets, it was a Bank Holiday, but they did'nt want to leave it for a couple of days. The bill for injections, and tablets plus consultation fee came to £200. They put the claim into the Insurers, and recieved a check for £1-75 affraid . When they asked what was going on they were told that the insurance did'nt cover Bank Holiday call outs.
I would suggest those of you with Pet Insurance, check this out with your providers, by letter or email so at least you have it in writing, and know where you stand. It may be a one off, but I think it's worth checking out as we all know the high cost of vetinary care
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Pet Insurance Empty Re: Pet Insurance

Post  Doogs Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:00 am

That's shocking affraid You pay your money to them every month, they take it no problem but the minute you want to make a claim they try and find a way out to not pay you, terrible No
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:05 pm

Thats harsh WS but it's always worth reading the small print with any kind of insurance. When they tell you what the insurance covers they always tell you the bits to draw you in, they never tell you about the downside, which unfortunately can be quite a bit.
It's a good message to all of us to read before we sign to any insurance and sadly pet insurance can be one that we rely on but doesn't always pay up.
I hope the puppy is now feeling much better.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Maiden Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:39 pm

Thats what I hate about insurance. You think you are covered and they always seem to have a loop hole to wriggle out of paying. Sometime I think you are better putting your monthly payment into a separate account and the money is there when you need it.

Poor pup. How can you NOT help your pets.

SM
Safari Maiden
Safari Maiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum