Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wild About Animals
New members come, and say Hello
Plant a seed and watch it grow
Old Members why not share your news
We have loads more for you to choose
Guests your welcome to have a look
but why not sign up and then get hooked!
To All its a pleasure to have you with us

Note: New Members are expected to post within one Month of joining, and post on a fairly regular basis.
Wild About Animals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sports Thread

+5
Laikipia
littlewid
Safari Maiden
Anne-Marie1981
whitestarling
9 posters

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

Sports Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Sports Thread

Post  Laikipia Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:02 am

Thanks for the link Doogs. I'm so obsessed at the moment I've got an app on my mobile so I can keep up to date with it all - what on earth will we do next week? Shocked

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:27 pm

Thank you Doogs for the link, I too have saved it to my favs as well. I am totally addicted and glued to the TV at the moment, like loads of you I just can't get enough of it, apart from loving sport it's just all so exciting.

I have just watched some of the BMX seedings and I have not watched it before but already I am excited by it, the speed and height they go at it is amazing, it's clever stuff.

More track tonight and the womens Hockey I believe and Mo Farah has qualified for the 5000 metres cheers a bit tired still from his 10,000 but I am sure he will recover and do well, he was 3rd in the qualifying heat.

Yes WS, my ever growing backside will be on the sofa again tonight Very Happy

Have a good evenings viewing everyone.
littlewid-x-

Last edited by littlewid on Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : putting in the "A's" from my stuck A button :-))
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:08 pm

So much to catch up on tonight - dropping Pete at the pub and then more Shocked eyes and sofa bottom What a Face

Enjoy everyone.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:34 pm

What a fantastic evening at the Olympics, David Rudisha winning the 800 metres in a new world record time was just brilliant, what a run and all men broke records in that race and I have just heard on the news that although we came in last the time would have won gold in the last 3 Olympics, goes to show what an incredible race it was and what a lovely, lovely man David Rudisha is.

Fantastic that Usain Bolt won his 200 Metre race and retained his title, I was so pleased he did it and it was great that it was a Jamaican 1,2,3, I bet there is some drunken Sports Thread - Page 10 853843 bounce in Jamaica tonight.

Saw the highlights of the dressage and didn't we do well, I bet that was just incredible to watch if you were there.

Can't believe it will soon all be over.

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:46 pm

Sports Thread - Page 10 768480 Your right LW, its been brillaint, and we have won 3 more Golds today, with the Dressage, plus the first ever Gold in Womens boxing, and we just won GB's first ever Gold in Tikwando. GB now have 25 Gold Medals Sports Thread - Page 10 853843 Sports Thread - Page 10 853843 Just how good is that
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

https://wildaboutanimals.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:54 pm

Not long home after being at the bingo (no No winnings tonight) so good to read your summary LW about what's been happening tonight cheers Sounds like the 200 metres final was pretty special - well if you're Jamaican it was !! Laughing 1, 2 and 3 WOW that is something else Shocked

Bet the Dressage today was amazing to watch, there was certainly a huge crowd there. Gold and Bronze medal from two very British girls with very non British names !! lol!

Well done to Nicola Adams for becoming the first female boxer to win an Olympic gold medal . . . . and she was British Wink

Sports Thread - Page 10 431638 to Tom Daley tomorrow in the diving Like a Star @ heaven
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:56 pm

Is it really 25 GOLD MEDALS WS . . . . . . WOW that is just fantastic Very Happy
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:18 am

Fantastic day yesterday, wonderful results for TeamGB again. But I have to congratulate David Rudisha what a race and I so hope he gets plenty of recognition for it, Usain Bolt was awesome but does tend to dominate the news. Imagine getting gold, silver and bronze in a race, Jamaica are brilliant.

I watched the last 6 in the dressage and it was superb, like watching ballet, those horses are magnificent and to music it is a joy to watch.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:04 pm

A few more medals already today Very Happy None gold in colour but a few more silvers . . . . summary as at 2.05pm today :

In Summary
■ GB win silver in men's 470 sailing
■ GB's also win silver in women's 470 sailing
■ Tunisia’s Oussama Mellouli wins 10k swim
■ McKeever reaches K1 200m canoe sprint final
■ Muhammad wins -80kg taekwondo opener
■ Stevenson loses -67kg taekwondo opener
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:50 pm

Sports Thread - Page 10 768480 Doogs for the update. Just watched some of the highlights. We have a good chance in the super heavywieght boxing of a Gold in the final. I agree about David Rudisha Lai superb race. I've never been much into the Dressarge, but I did watch it on the highlights, and I have to say I really enjoyed it, some of it was poetry in motion, how they get the horses to do that is beyond me
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:20 am

Sports Thread - Page 10 768480 Sports Thread - Page 10 71418 Sports Thread - Page 10 71418 Sports Thread - Page 10 768480
Sports Thread - Page 10 1_bmp10

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:01 am

Thats a really great picture WS and how weird that Mo's surname fits exactly into the Olympic rings Sports Thread - Page 10 768480

I can't quite believe it's all over, what a fantastic games it was and I think we did ourselves proud with all the hosting and everything that went with it.

Our Atheletes have certainly done us proud with all our Gold, Silver and Bronze medals, it's been our best games ever and fantastic that it was on home turf.

My biggest scream of the whole games was for Mo Farah on Saturday night, I thought I shouted loads the previous Saturday but this one for the 5000 metres I was a tad berserk Sports Thread - Page 10 40683

There are so many highlights and so many special moments, I have just loved it all and right now you can't help but feel proud to be British.

WELL DONE TEAM GB

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:04 am

I Agree Littlewid. What an amazing Olympics it was, Team GB were simply superb and I loved every minute of it.

I watched the closing ceremony until 11.30pm and then had to walk the dogs, so need to catch the final bits later.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:39 pm

What a fantastic end to the games with GB delivering the goods again at the weekend. To name a few Mo was wonderful in the 5,000, loved how Tom Daley was ecstatic with his bronze in the diving (unlike the Chinese diver !! Laughing ), the boxers were gutsy / brave and how brilliant to get a silver medal in the final event of the games, the Pentathlon Sports Thread - Page 10 71418 Just such an amazing achievement by all the British athletes (and those from the other countries but really only concerned about ours ! Razz ).

I recorded the Closing Ceremony so I could whizz by the bits I didn't want to see, most of it was very good and everyone seemed to be having a great time. Hope they all partied hard Sports Thread - Page 10 408422 last night after all their efforts over the past two weeks - they deserved to let their hair down for the night.

The TV is not going to be the same now No
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:44 pm

I Agree Doogs

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:00 pm

You are right Doogs, the TV just isn't the same, I have Olympic withdrawl already, it has been a truely exciting time.

I didn't realise this until the other day but the Gold Rings used in the opening ceremony were made by a firm in good old Sussex about an hour away from where I live.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-19078673

At least we have the Paralympics to look forward too, here is the link to the London 2012 Paralympic site that gives all the information. If you click on the thumnail pics it gives you all the relevent info on that sport, ie dates and times of the events etc. So for anyone else who wants to watch heres the link.

http://www.london2012.com/paralympics/sports/

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:32 am

Sports Thread - Page 10 768480 Littlewid.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:12 am

Thanks for the Links LW cheers

Well after all the moans, groans, grumbles, and mumbles at the start of the Olympics, over boarder controls, security, transport links, ect.
WHAT A BRILLIANT GREAT BRITAIN OLYMPICS
It made me proud to be British, and Team GB really did us proud Sports Thread - Page 10 768480 Well done Guys, not only the ones that one medals, but all the Atheletes that represented us. That goes for all the cometitors from other Countries as well, again wether they won anything or not. All the Soldiers, Police, and others who stepped in, and especialy all the Volunteers all deserve medals, along with our thanks for making such a great Olypmpics to remember.
I'm sure that it has inspired a younger generation to take up different sports, and shown them that anything is attainable if you work hard enough at getting it.
Its inspired me that much even at my age, that I've decided that after many years away from sport, to come out of retirement. I've signed once again to for the Pub Dominoe team, I'm hoping to qualify for next years Europeon Championships

WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:21 pm

ROFL WS . . . . . Domino's, what you like !!! Laughing

Totally agree with you LW, also got Olympic withdrawls Crying or Very sad The paralympics have heading for record seat sales which is just fantastic so hanks for the link to that and also the info re the gold rings cheers
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewid Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:00 pm

I Agree Totally with your sentiments there WS and I love the Red, White & Blue writing Sports Thread - Page 10 768480

Also

ROFL with your mission to get to the European Domino championships........don't work up too much of a sweat WS else you'll require more Boddies, get too drunken drunken and give the game away and then no chance of the championships Sad

So looking forward to the Paralympics, I too had heard they have record seats this time too which is fabulous.

Must say one more thing about the closing ceremony and Brian May...........

Fantastic he had his rock gear on but on the sleeves of his coat he had a badge of a Fox on one sleeve and a Sports Thread - Page 10 Badger11 on the other.....GOOD ON YOU BRIAN MAY cheers

littlewid-x-
littlewid
littlewid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:31 pm

I Agree Littlewid. I spotted that and thought good for Brian Sports Thread - Page 10 768480

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  Doogs Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:40 pm

Well spotted you two Wink , more observant than me !!! Embarassed

It's caused a bit of controversy !! Sports Thread - Page 10 615959

http://www.theweek.co.uk/olympics/48452/brian-mays-olympics-badger-badge-sparks-anger-and-praise
Doogs
Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:40 am

Thanks for the link Doogs. I thought it might and good for him. We need more people in the public eye to make a stand against the proposed cull.

Lai
Laikipia
Laikipia

Back to top Go down

Post  whitestarling Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:00 am

I agree, and it's good that all the other animals he had on his coat are also in need of help. He was making a good point about wildlife in britain
WS
whitestarling
whitestarling
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laikipia Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:10 am

Mo Farah Running away from things

http://mofarahrunningawayfromthings.tumblr.com/

some great photos.

Lai